• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Do You Even Work Here? Tanktimus' New Year Challenge

Recommended Posts

Whew, that's a lot going on for you right now, Tank. I agree that everything seems connected; and I'm both sympathetic and excited for you, at the same time. You have not shied away from opportunities to grow in your personal spiritual life, to seek out more opportunities to mentor others, and to give your best to your work as a chaplain and healer; so if you're being led through some tough times toward some greater things, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

 

I pray that the Lord would be extra close to you as you deal with the changed hours, extra travel, and stress; and I pray that Sra. Tanque would heal quickly. I'm so thankful she wasn't seriously injured, but dealing with insurance and so forth can be dreadful. I'm so proud of you both and thankful for the way you stay faithful no matter what. You are deeply loved and valued, and God has lovingly purposed good things for you, even when they're disguised by, or waiting on the other side of, stressful and painful times. 

 

Take good care of yourself and stay strong on your modified fast and prayer journey. You're doing amazing.  :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woof. That is a lot of BS to deal with all at once - probably best you’d just decided to come back to the brisket side

Hoping everything gets cleared up soon & the Sra mends quickly without too much trauma.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh, I hope Sra Tanque heals up soon, the car accident sounds horribly scary. Hoping things pick up for you too, there's a lot of negative bullpoop going on here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't feel deprived from the foods we eat when eating out, I feel deprived from the convenience of not having to cook. I don't miss the processed food I used to keep in the house, I missed not having to prepare it. I'm gonna roll around in this realization for a bit.

That is usually my situation in general. I like the convenience of some ready prepared food (cans of tomato and onion, open and throw in the pot, don't have to still cut and dice, and other conveniences like this), which cuts my cooking time down. Quick grab and eat. That is usually why I fall off the bandwagon of eating/cooking, as I usually do all the cooking, if I don't buy something ready cooked.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:35 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

but if I buy more quantity I can cook big enough meals for me to get more than one portion out of them, that way I don't have to figure out lunch and dinner as two seperate meals.

That's what I try to do, to have some ready food for the next day, and lunch. Otherwise I can't stay ahead of the two hungry boys, never mind myself. The same with things like bacon, or sausages for breakfast. Make enough for a couple mornings. Keep them in the fridge, then I only have to take out on those mornings and heat. Don't have to cook everything from scratch.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:50 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As I deal with this spiritually, I get the sense that this is a trial precedes the next step of...something.

God weening you off some work, to lead you to different work/things maybe? That immediately came to mind, but...

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Unfortunately "Local" involves a hospital which is 50 miles from my house, and I'll be there twice a week for at least a couple of months.

Eish, that is a lot of driving! Definitely praying for the situation.

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

but I do suspect whoever was maligning me at the hospital is unwittingly helping God set me up for something good.

Yes, that's what I thought! ;) Let's see what happens.

I have to agree about how reading those "old" bible stories sometimes reminds me of things and valuable lessons. When I read to the boys, it normally ends up in really good questions to think about. I love the way you succinctly summed up these stories :D

 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Then as she was coming home from work in the rain, Sra. Tanque drove into a patch of water, hydroplaned, spun and hit the median. She's fine, just a bit sore, but we got to deal with that. The car has already been towed to a body shop and the claim has been made. We went to Chick Fil A for dinner, because we were very hungry by the time we dealt with that and I didn't wan to cook and neither of us wanted to wait that long. The car is probably fixable.

Oh, I'm so sorry about the accident, but so, so glad that she is ok!

Edited by elizevdmerwe
fix spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, Elastigirl said:

Praying for you for peace and wisdom

 

editing to add: Those Bible stories are great reminders to me. I have a tendency to worry. But those stories remind me that I can rest in the promise that God is working out all things for good in my life. In the life of Joseph I see how God changed an arrogant young man into a wise, forgiving leader. Job reminds me that you sometimes have no idea what is  going on- and don't be like his supposed friends

Yes, working in hospitals I see a lot of Friends-of-Job and have to gently correct them.

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Dang. You are heading down the Job path aren’t you? I hope the missus feels better soon.

She's ok today, a little sore but not as bad as we were expecting.

13 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I hope Sra. Tanque is alright. If she's sore today tomorrow will probably be worse. :( 

 

Really happy she didn't sustain any major injuries though; cars can be replaced.

She's still sore, but it's not necessarily worse, just sharper in a few places.

12 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Whew, that's a lot going on for you right now, Tank. I agree that everything seems connected; and I'm both sympathetic and excited for you, at the same time. You have not shied away from opportunities to grow in your personal spiritual life, to seek out more opportunities to mentor others, and to give your best to your work as a chaplain and healer; so if you're being led through some tough times toward some greater things, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

 

I pray that the Lord would be extra close to you as you deal with the changed hours, extra travel, and stress; and I pray that Sra. Tanque would heal quickly. I'm so thankful she wasn't seriously injured, but dealing with insurance and so forth can be dreadful. I'm so proud of you both and thankful for the way you stay faithful no matter what. You are deeply loved and valued, and God has lovingly purposed good things for you, even when they're disguised by, or waiting on the other side of, stressful and painful times. 

 

Take good care of yourself and stay strong on your modified fast and prayer journey. You're doing amazing.  :D 

Thank you. Sra. Tanque isn't injured, just sore. Insurance isn't a problem. We have a very good company. I made the claim online without having to talk to anyone, and we already have a rental! 

12 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Hope Sra Tanque heals up immediately! Like @Atrytone says the car is replaceable but we know she is not :-)

She is still with us, and just has some sore spots to work out.

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yikes! Hope Sra. Tanque is ok, both physically and emotionally.  Often the shock/stress can be worse than the injuries.

Thanks! I've been taking good care of her, so emotionally she's in a good place.

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Woof. That is a lot of BS to deal with all at once - probably best you’d just decided to come back to the brisket side emoji1.png

Hoping everything gets cleared up soon & the Sra mends quickly without too much trauma.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Oh gosh, I hope Sra Tanque heals up soon, the car accident sounds horribly scary. Hoping things pick up for you too, there's a lot of negative bullpoop going on here.

It was scary but not as bad as we thought (in terms of damage to the car). I agree with you about the high levels of bovine fecal matter. As I told one person today, "I feel a bit put upon."

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That is usually my situation in general. I like the convenience of some ready prepared food (cans of tomato and onion, open and throw in the pot, don't have to still cut and dice, and other conveniences like this), which cuts my cooking time down. Quick grab and eat. That is usually why I fall off the bandwagon of eating/cooking, as I usually do all the cooking, if I don't buy something ready cooked.

That's what I try to do, to have some ready food for the next day, and lunch. Otherwise I can't stay ahead of the two hungry boys, never mind myself. The same with things like bacon, or sausages for breakfast. Make enough for a couple mornings. Keep them in the fridge, then I only have to take out on those mornings and heat. Don't have to cook everything from scratch.

God weening you off some work, to lead you to different work/things maybe? That immediately came to mind, but...

Eish, that is a lot of driving! Definitely praying for the situation.

Yes, that's what I thought! ;) Let's see what happens.

I have to agree about how reading those "old" bible stories sometimes reminds me of things and valuable lessons. When I read to the boys, it normally ends up in really good questions to think about. I love the way you succinctly summed up these stories :D

 

Oh, I'm so sorry about the accident, but so, so glad that she is ok!

Thank you. And I think you are right about the different kind of work. I've been saying for a while that of all the ministry things I do including the Hospital, Police, Stuff at Church, and Nerd Fitness the hospital is the one I'm least passionate about but the only one that pays the bills. I do work for NF now, so that's good, but it won't replace the hospital. God is in this and it will be ok.

 

Today is a better day :) As part of the 21 days of prayer our church is having Saturday morning prayer services. I went, and during the individual time some tears flowed and I was able to hand both situations over to God. My emotions will still be fluctuating about all this for a while. Even so, this morning was an important part of the healing process. We also already have a rental for Sra. Tanque to drive till her car is fixed. It was mostly damage to the body panels and one blown tire. I don't believe the frame was bent or any mechanical things were damaged aside from lights on one of the panels. I gave her a back rub last night to help with the soreness, and we are going to see Aquaman today. In other news, I made bacon and egg breakfast tacos at home :) 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Glad she is okay.  Scary stuff.  Glad she has you to take care of her, and I know she is glad too!

She is, and we are taking care of each other. What happened to her was some distraction from what happened to me.

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

*hugs* Tank

Thanks.

 

Today is a good day. Last night after posting we went to go see Aquaman, which we both really enjoyed. It was so good, I enjoyed it despite my lowered mood from all the circumstances. Momoa was all momoa-y and it was perfect. The cast was really star-studded, I approved heartily, and as a result the acting was all excellent.

 

I made chicken curry last night, which is good. I ask your indulgence as I don't much feel like going in to detail on the recipe this time. What has been occurring to me today regarding my situation are some passages from the Christian Scriptures (what Christians call the New Testament. In polite inter-religious dialogue calling it "Christian Scripture" and referring to the "Old Testament" as "Hebrew Scripture" is a way to show respect to those who's tradition only claims Hebrew Scripture). In the letter James wrote he says:

James 1:2-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

Testing of Your Faith

Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials of various kinds,for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

 

As the text indicates, perfection here means completion and maturity, not flawlessness. Certainly we have been through some trials lately, and they aren't fun. Even so, in the midst of them I can indeed rejoice for the result of those trials. Good will come out of this, no matter the intent of those who started it. More importantly, I am being sustained in the midst of the difficulty. I am not alone, I am surrounded by a huge network of support, here on NF, with Sra. Tanque, both our families, our church family, and most importantly I am supported from within. An important aspect of my faith is that the creator of the Universe resides within me. I have not been abandoned nor forsaken. I will never be alone. 

 

Another passage is from Acts, essentially a history of the beginning of the Christian Church. In chapter 5, the apostles (the first church leaders) are arrested, freed miraculously and hauled back in to the council to answer for speaking about Christ, whom they had seen resurrected and the religious leaders maintained was still dead. Eventually someone says to leave them alone, because if God was not in their movement it would die, and if God was in their movement there was nothing to be done to prevent it. When they leave the council:

 

Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catching up catching up catching up wow--

 

I'm so sorry to hear that The Chaos has decided to visit and wreak havoc.... very uncool of it.  What The Chaos doesn't know though, is that you guys are a couple of badasses that can weather any crap that's thrown your way, whether it be one at a time or in a great big pile. I know in my bard heart of hearts you will come out for the better on the other side, continue to trust in your faith and yourself and keep your head down and nothing can stop you, ever, ever ever.  

 

One day at a time, and everything's gonna turn out right as rain. <3

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, Raxie said:

You guys are seriously couple goals.

I was just going to say this Raxie.   It's so freaking true.

 

Then I read all the rest of the stuff and man, Tank, I am praying for a pouring of reassurance and peace from God for you and Sra Tanque.   

 

It's so weird, how things come up at the same time-   my friend has been struggling with the idea that "People only get close to God through bad stuff.  Why can't there ever be a story of someone who had nothing go wrong, was in a good place, healthy, secure, and also already, really close to God."    I often don't know how to explain things for her; she struggles in different ways that I do.    And we butt heads often on the idea that God GIVES you bad stuff.    I lean toward the, "Bad stuff happens because the world is broken and we are creatures of sin.  -But God uses all things to his glory, so he can still use those terrible bad things, to turn something in the end, that we might never even see the ripple effect from."    She leans towards the, "God tests you by giving you bad stuff."       Now you've gone and touched mostly on both sides of this, and so I'm just sitting here going, "Hah.  Look at this stuff come up at the same time- and Tank is posting his thoughts and stuff, and I'll get to benefit from Tank the Wise."       

 

Also, my church's Verse for the year totally came to mind as you were pointing out that verse in James.   Romans 12:12 New International Version (NIV)    12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  

 

I hope things calm down for you soon.  I also hope that God reveals some pretty awesome behind the curtain moves for you. :)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaar said:

Catching up catching up catching up wow--

 

I'm so sorry to hear that The Chaos has decided to visit and wreak havoc.... very uncool of it.  What The Chaos doesn't know though, is that you guys are a couple of badasses that can weather any crap that's thrown your way, whether it be one at a time or in a great big pile. I know in my bard heart of hearts you will come out for the better on the other side, continue to trust in your faith and yourself and keep your head down and nothing can stop you, ever, ever ever.  

 

One day at a time, and everything's gonna turn out right as rain. <3

Thank you. Sometimes the Paladin needs the Bard to play an inspiring tune like you just did. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I was just going to say this Raxie.   It's so freaking true.

 

Then I read all the rest of the stuff and man, Tank, I am praying for a pouring of reassurance and peace from God for you and Sra Tanque.   

 

It's so weird, how things come up at the same time-   my friend has been struggling with the idea that "People only get close to God through bad stuff.  Why can't there ever be a story of someone who had nothing go wrong, was in a good place, healthy, secure, and also already, really close to God."    I often don't know how to explain things for her; she struggles in different ways that I do.    And we butt heads often on the idea that God GIVES you bad stuff.    I lean toward the, "Bad stuff happens because the world is broken and we are creatures of sin.  -But God uses all things to his glory, so he can still use those terrible bad things, to turn something in the end, that we might never even see the ripple effect from."    She leans towards the, "God tests you by giving you bad stuff."       Now you've gone and touched mostly on both sides of this, and so I'm just sitting here going, "Hah.  Look at this stuff come up at the same time- and Tank is posting his thoughts and stuff, and I'll get to benefit from Tank the Wise."       

 

Also, my church's Verse for the year totally came to mind as you were pointing out that verse in James.   Romans 12:12 New International Version (NIV)    12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  

 

I hope things calm down for you soon.  I also hope that God reveals some pretty awesome behind the curtain moves for you. :)

 

You and your friend are probably both right, at least a little. I agree with your final statement. And one thing I want to make sure of is that I learn from all this. 

 

Today is a good day. I was down most of the morning, now that I'm at work it isn't so bad. Some more technical stuff was discussed at work about the incident [not looking forward to said conversation is why I was down], which I won't go into for obvious reasons, except to say I'm grateful for my direct supervisor and the VP the supervisor reports to. 

With that, it occurs to me a gratitude list is in order. I am grateful for:

  • The provision of the creator of the universe to see my family through all of this.
  • My wife is incredible, and has been so kind to me in this
  • Getting to take care of her as well is rewarding in its own right, and it helps me focus on something other than my own issues
  • My forum family is so supportive and kind, I thank all of you for your help
  • The folks at church are very supportive. Some know what is going on (far more than I have described here), some know about what I have reported here, all are praying for me
  • Those praying for me get a special line item, thanks to my forum family for your prayers
  • My parents are supportive
  • Sra. Tanque's parents are supportive
  • Brisket tastes good
  • bacon tastes good
  • I live in Texas
  • Breakfast Tacos

I could go on; remembering those items help.

 

I did not work out today, as you might imagine I was not in the headspace for it this morning. I did manage to cook. I made sweet potato hash. First I peeled then shredded a sweet potato with a cheese grater, using the larger holes. I cooked up a pound of pork sausage and set it aside. I then cooked up six strips of bacon I had chopped. When they were close to done I added in the shredded sweet potato. It cooked up a lot faster than any other time I've tried to cook sweet potato in a skillet. I added the sausage back in and let that warm back up. I then cracked 7 eggs into my magic bullet and added a bit of milk before blending and pouring into the skillet, stirring till the egg was cooked. I served mine with shredded cheddar. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

First I peeled then shredded a sweet potato with a cheese grater, using the larger holes. I cooked up a pound of pork sausage and set it aside. I then cooked up six strips of bacon I had chopped. When they were close to done I added in the shredded sweet potato. It cooked up a lot faster than any other time I've tried to cook sweet potato in a skillet. I added the sausage back in and let that warm back up. I then cracked 7 eggs into my magic bullet and added a bit of milk before blending and pouring into the skillet, stirring till the egg was cooked. I served mine with shredded cheddar. 

 

I'm making this on Saturday for lunch!  Thank you Tank!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a little out of touch last week, and missed all the suck. First, you guys got this. Second, in the immortal words of Samuel Vimes, cop and reluctant aristocrat, "you do the job that's in front of you". One foot in front of the other, man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're absolutely right that you are never, ever alone. We are always here for you, and to the best of our ability we will never let you go through anything without our unconditional love and support. And whether God sends us bad things or simply promises to work in them when they occur, I pray with all my heart that God would keep your hearts focused on His promises and sustain you with His love and care. We all love you guys very much.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

my friend has been struggling with the idea that "People only get close to God through bad stuff.  Why can't there ever be a story of someone who had nothing go wrong, was in a good place, healthy, secure, and also already, really close to God."

I think there are probably many many people that are really close to God and yet in a healthy, secure place.  However, a few thoughts came to mind as I was reading your comments:

 

Trials and "bad stuff"still  is often referred to as the "refiner's fire" for a reason.  Just as gold is beautiful and shiny when it gets pulled from a mine, it still needs to be refined before it can be used in jewelry and made into something truly beautiful.

 

The same it true for hedges.  Hedges that are carefully pruned can be amazingly beautiful, but that can only happen when they are carefully pruned.  The hedge itself may want to grow in int own way and direction, but under the care of the watchful gardener, what seems like growth being denied is actually shaping into something more desirable.

 

Strength only comes through adversity.  We only get stronger by lifting increasingly difficult weights, we draw closer to God by facing increasingly difficult trials.  God know the loads we can handle, and is there to spot us when we struggle with what would be too much for us on our own.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

 

I'm making this on Saturday for lunch!  Thank you Tank!

 

I look forward to hearing about it.

14 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I've been a little out of touch last week, and missed all the suck. First, you guys got this. Second, in the immortal words of Samuel Vimes, cop and reluctant aristocrat, "you do the job that's in front of you". One foot in front of the other, man.

Thanks. Part of what's made this difficult is looking at the job in front of me as well as the next few jobs after that. Focusing on one day at a time helps some.

10 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

You're absolutely right that you are never, ever alone. We are always here for you, and to the best of our ability we will never let you go through anything without our unconditional love and support. And whether God sends us bad things or simply promises to work in them when they occur, I pray with all my heart that God would keep your hearts focused on His promises and sustain you with His love and care. We all love you guys very much.

Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I think there are probably many many people that are really close to God and yet in a healthy, secure place.  However, a few thoughts came to mind as I was reading your comments:

 

Trials and "bad stuff"still  is often referred to as the "refiner's fire" for a reason.  Just as gold is beautiful and shiny when it gets pulled from a mine, it still needs to be refined before it can be used in jewelry and made into something truly beautiful.

 

The same it true for hedges.  Hedges that are carefully pruned can be amazingly beautiful, but that can only happen when they are carefully pruned.  The hedge itself may want to grow in int own way and direction, but under the care of the watchful gardener, what seems like growth being denied is actually shaping into something more desirable.

 

Strength only comes through adversity.  We only get stronger by lifting increasingly difficult weights, we draw closer to God by facing increasingly difficult trials.  God know the loads we can handle, and is there to spot us when we struggle with what would be too much for us on our own.

I agree. The part in the Bible that says we won't get more than we can handle refers specifically to temptation; we won't be tempted beyond our ability to resist. In terms of circumstances, sometimes we are given more than we can handle specifically so that we are forced to rely on God and realize we can't handle everything on our own. That is one of the many lessons for me in this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thank you. Sometimes the Paladin needs the Bard to play an inspiring tune like you just did. Thanks.

 

 I've got plenty more tunes tucked away for trying times...

 

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

With that, it occurs to me a gratitude list is in order.

 

I do this a lot too.  I love that BREAKFAST TACOS were included also... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shaar said:

 

 I've got plenty more tunes tucked away for trying times...

 

 

I do this a lot too.  I love that BREAKFAST TACOS were included also... 

Well yeah, I live in the Breakfast Taco capitol of the world.

 

Today is a good day. I did Laundry, NF Yoga Water B and made lunch. I didn't feel like cooking, but I had more pork sausage, so I made patties as though it were ground beef. I fried up some bacon, set it aside, cooked the pork patties and fried some eggs. I stacked them, then topped it with cheddar cheese. It was really good. An apple made a great dessert. Mood is better. Still processing the stuff, but it feels more neutral than the last few days. The five-step grieving process is an artificial construct, but often a useful tool for communication. The five steps (Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) do often happen, but not always in that order and certainly not linearly. I think I'm pretty done with denial, and there hasn't been much bargaining. Right now I'm bouncing between anger, depression and acceptance. Today's the first day I've had any real hints of acceptance. It's still a process, and one of the things I'm learning is how to process and have my emotions. I'm neither denying them nor feeding them. They simply are, and I'm doing my best to be aware of and feel them as they come. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The five-step grieving process is an artificial construct, but often a useful tool for communication. The five steps (Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) do often happen, but not always in that order and certainly not linearly. I think I'm pretty done with denial, and there hasn't been much bargaining. Right now I'm bouncing between anger, depression and acceptance. Today's the first day I've had any real hints of acceptance. It's still a process, and one of the things I'm learning is how to process and have my emotions. I'm neither denying them nor feeding them. They simply are, and I'm doing my best to be aware of and feel them as they come. 

 

This is so true, and one thing we always tried to impress upon clients, and that I've learned firsthand recently too.  I usually have only a fleeting moment of bargaining, but anger weaves its threads through the rest pretty routinely.  I'm glad you're just letting the feels do their thing; you know what you doing, and you'll totally get there!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well yeah, I live in the Breakfast Taco capitol of the world.

 

Today is a good day. I did Laundry, NF Yoga Water B and made lunch. I didn't feel like cooking, but I had more pork sausage, so I made patties as though it were ground beef. I fried up some bacon, set it aside, cooked the pork patties and fried some eggs. I stacked them, then topped it with cheddar cheese. It was really good. An apple made a great dessert. Mood is better. Still processing the stuff, but it feels more neutral than the last few days. The five-step grieving process is an artificial construct, but often a useful tool for communication. The five steps (Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) do often happen, but not always in that order and certainly not linearly. I think I'm pretty done with denial, and there hasn't been much bargaining. Right now I'm bouncing between anger, depression and acceptance. Today's the first day I've had any real hints of acceptance. It's still a process, and one of the things I'm learning is how to process and have my emotions. I'm neither denying them nor feeding them. They simply are, and I'm doing my best to be aware of and feel them as they come. 

 

1. I'm so glad you are feeling better, and things are beginning to process.

2. I'm very glad to hear that Sra. Tanque  is ok, and your car is fixable.

3. We both know that there is competition for the Breakfast Taco capitol of the world :)

 

61pgQivp6KL._AC_US218_.jpg

 

All joking aside, I know things are tough, but you are clearly rangering it as you always do.  \salute

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The five steps (Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) do often happen, but not always in that order and certainly not linearly. I think I'm pretty done with denial, and there hasn't been much bargaining. Right now I'm bouncing between anger, depression and acceptance. Today's the first day I've had any real hints of acceptance.

:loyal: Remembering that God always makes things work out for His child, and He wants what is best for you, usually helps me. Which brings me full circle to what Whiteghost said w.r.t. pruning and the fire, and you said about learning to hand things over to Him, and not depending on yourself so much.

But as you know I struggle with this myself, so... but thinking of you and praying for you. Glad that things are already looking up, w.r.t. acceptance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well damn Tank this last week has really been putting you through it.  I'm so so glad Sra. Tanque is not hurt and it's great to hear you're processing the work stuff.  

 

Something to add to my gratitude list today is that you're back to posting your Tankified Recipes!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 1:21 PM, shaar said:

 

This is so true, and one thing we always tried to impress upon clients, and that I've learned firsthand recently too.  I usually have only a fleeting moment of bargaining, but anger weaves its threads through the rest pretty routinely.  I'm glad you're just letting the feels do their thing; you know what you doing, and you'll totally get there!!

Thank you. Today was more acceptance than anything else. 

17 hours ago, Moros said:

 

1. I'm so glad you are feeling better, and things are beginning to process.

2. I'm very glad to hear that Sra. Tanque  is ok, and your car is fixable.

3. We both know that there is competition for the Breakfast Taco capitol of the world :)

 

61pgQivp6KL._AC_US218_.jpg

 

All joking aside, I know things are tough, but you are clearly rangering it as you always do.  \salute

 

 

 

Austin tacos better?

youve-yeed-your-last-haw-6CHXG.jpg

11 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:loyal: Remembering that God always makes things work out for His child, and He wants what is best for you, usually helps me. Which brings me full circle to what Whiteghost said w.r.t. pruning and the fire, and you said about learning to hand things over to Him, and not depending on yourself so much.

But as you know I struggle with this myself, so... but thinking of you and praying for you. Glad that things are already looking up, w.r.t. acceptance.

Thank you for the prayers.

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Well damn Tank this last week has really been putting you through it.  I'm so so glad Sra. Tanque is not hurt and it's great to hear you're processing the work stuff.  

 

Something to add to my gratitude list today is that you're back to posting your Tankified Recipes!

Thank you very much.

 

Today is a good day. Pretty close to normal feelings today. I did the Body Weight Workout and cooked.

 

I made some pork seasoned for fajitas. As I've said before, fajita is the Spanish word (In Mexican Spanish at least) for a cow's skirt steak. The dish made from that is often called fajitas in English, but I appreciate that HEB specifically calls them "Seasoned for Fajita's" rather than fajitas. Anyway, I cut them up with scissors and stir fried them in a skillet. I also cooked some sliced onion and sliced bell peppers (2 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange) in the skillet when the pork was done. I had some whole wheat tortillas I heated up as well.

 

But wait, there's more!

 

I also served it with sour cream and the following: 3 avocados peeled, white wine vinegar, salt, cumin and chili powder (I was light on the last two). I put these in my magic bullet with some water and blended. I used very little water. When I saw it wasn't enough to blend it all, I added a little more water. The trick is to use just enough water to get it all to blend, but not a drop more. The consistency comes out perfectly. 

 

The tacos I made by combining all of the above were incredible.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now