Hello guys, it's nice to be here :D I have bought Steve's book some weeks ago and I have finished it last week.

What can I say, it's definitely inspiring, and in many ways is a story similar to mine. The difference is that I still have those problems.

I won't hide, I have always been alone through my whole life, very little friends, not that many girlfriends and a very unforgiving metabolism. Personally I have to say that my lack of friends was justified in my childhood and in my teens by the fact that I was very fat and I was a very unpleasant person to be around. The one who doesn't accept jokes, who blame everyone for everything, the one that doesn't fit well in society. 

This was in my teens. Since I was 18 I started a big journey, physical and psychological, that changed who I was, how I thought and how people perceived me. Also, I have changed my body. From being a big fat kid I become a powerful and tall individual, somehow even intimidating at times. I learned how to look at people in the eyes, I learned a lot of things on body language and so on. I become a very avid reader and I got into self development. 

But I still have problems with people. Don't get me wrong, I'm a positive and a nice to have person to hang out with but there is always a catch, I do not understand why people like me but never truly gets close with me. I have read several books on how to make friends and things like that, but still nothing. 

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Maybe i need to redifine my social habits. I don't really know. 

However, I like being a hardworking person and I always try to pursue some kind of goal, because without it I feels like I might die without having lived to my potential, alone. 

And I always try to envolve my few friends to help me with my goals, but they are kinda disengaged with this kind of mentality. Or maybe they just don't like me xD

It's irrelevant, I have seen that here there are tons of people with my same mentality and I really want to connect with them, and perhaps even find some friend. The challenge system is awesome, I will be definitely doing it. 

I recently started bjj (brasilian jiu jitsu) and it was a life changer for me. I'm have a new "feats of strength" goal: became a black belt in less than 15 years. If you don't know what bjj is, check this out. Is a very physically challenging martial art

I have Discord as well, if someone want to chat :D

• Like 1

Congrats on all the positive changes you've made. I think you will fit in great here. We are nerds, and many of us are introverts. A lot of us struggle with fitting in and being socially awkward. Chatting with others about it has helped me feel more confident in social situations

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 12/28/2018 at 4:26 AM, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on all the positive changes you've made. I think you will fit in great here. We are nerds, and many of us are introverts. A lot of us struggle with fitting in and being socially awkward. Chatting with others about it has helped me feel more confident in social situations

Thank you! If I were born 6 years later I would be probably became popular at school, nerds these days have it way easier than before :D

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Pride said:

Thank you! If I were born 6 years later I would be probably became popular at school, nerds these days have it way easier than before :D

Haha. I used to think that as well. But I'm still a nerd now and people still find me annoying.  :beguiled:

• Like 2