• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc '19: The Scoundrel Who Spat In Fate's Good Eye

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

It's a little bit like THIS...

w7NIBT.gif

All your gifs, seem to describe past and current characters I am playing.    I think this suggests I might secretly be a viking ranger...   Werewolf the Apocalypse character?  Get of Fenris Ahroun, last held rank Athro.   Little 5'2" bad ass of a chick named Emma Mahler, deedname, "Heart of Fire Forges the Stone Spirit."        Current Sunday night Tomb of Annihilation D&D character,  Tempest Cleric of Talos, throwing lightning around and harbors a secret of bloodthirsty thoughts.  >.>

I guess I'm for sure in the right guild!

Now to go play some Northgard ... which is, well, huh, another viking themed thing!

PS.  You're crushing zero week, or pre-week 1, or week 1of epic 5 week challenges. :D

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You can read Russian?!

Some, it's close to my native language (macedonian), so simple sentences are easy - same goes for a lot of the other languages from that group. :D 

Just in case "When you're paying attention to the timer and it had stopped" is pretty much what he's said there. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Totally happy to change your Title, just tell me when you want me to make it happen.

End of this challenge, if all goes well and I feel I've earned it.  Thank you, sir!

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

All your gifs, seem to describe past and current characters I am playing.    I think this suggests I might secretly be a viking ranger...   Werewolf the Apocalypse character?  Get of Fenris Ahroun, last held rank Athro.   Little 5'2" bad ass of a chick named Emma Mahler, deedname, "Heart of Fire Forges the Stone Spirit."        Current Sunday night Tomb of Annihilation D&D character,  Tempest Cleric of Talos, throwing lightning around and harbors a secret of bloodthirsty thoughts.  >.>

I guess I'm for sure in the right guild!

Now to go play some Northgard ... which is, well, huh, another viking themed thing!

PS.  You're crushing zero week, or pre-week 1, or week 1of epic 5 week challenges. :D

We share inspiration then.  Even in real life, I often describe my personality as equal parts James Bond and Conan the Barbarian, with probably a dash of Han Solo thrown in because a man cannot shake his childhood hero's influence entirely.  I love the study of character classes and inspiration behind them!  Tis fascinating subject matter.  nerd-face_1f913.png

1 hour ago, Echoceanic said:

Some, it's close to my native language (macedonian), so simple sentences are easy - same goes for a lot of the other languages from that group. :D 

Just in case "When you're paying attention to the timer and it had stopped" is pretty much what he's said there. 

That's so interesting!  Did somebody mention Macedonia?

giphy.gif

Sorry, haha.  I had no idea Macedonian was on the same linguistic spectrum as the Slavonic/Cyrillic languages.  My favorite now-you-know moment of the week!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Sorry, haha.  I had no idea Macedonian was on the same linguistic spectrum as the Slavonic/Cyrillic languages.  My favorite now-you-know moment of the week!

There are a lot of us with only subtle differences in between. :D I''m glad my nerdiness was of use. :d

• Like 3

Challenge Journal:  January 5th, 2019.  #SigmundsdottirSaturday!

Haven't had one of these in a while, and since I'm here and retaking 2019's challenges by storm, let's do shit right around here again!

smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60

Did some housework today while my mother was up.  We touched up the cupboards in my kitchen with Dark Walnut gel stain, painted my faux beam between the living room and kitchen, and spent the rest of our time sorting out fabric for throw pillows and to recover my old sectional.

Here's a small sample of my throw pillows (these were pre-made covers, the rest is raw fabric and need to be sewed)

0f924f747126ff0fe6367ffe8573582a.jpg

Remember how I have a thing for snow leopards?  The print is real (Happy ☑).  Also going to use it for my Euro shams behind my pillows in the bedroom eventually! :D

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2124  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    10   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐☐]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☑☑☑
  • Social activity 2 times/week: 
  • Moment of Positivity shared (per update): 

...I'M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 4 of 7 days/week:  ☑☑
  • Weekly weigh-in:    212lbs 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:   Game out!
  • Play:  Hit the slopes snowboarding!
  • Write:  Share one self-authored poem.
  • Currency:  [0g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter.
  • Currency:  [Pending]  2-week shopping ban.
  • Test:  CrossFit benchmark metric [TBA]

Mini-challenge goals...

• Relax Feat:   Self-care date.

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Just shoot me a PM with the exact Title when you're ready.

Aye, I shall.  :D

10 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

There are a lot of us with only subtle differences in between. :D I''m glad my nerdiness was of use. :d

It really was.  I may pick your brain again in the future nerd-face_1f913.png haha

• Like 11

I've officially caught up on a week's worth of Momoa, and all I can say is, I'M IN!

This thread is officially my happy place.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 2:48 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Challenge Journal:  January 5th, 2019... Happy Belated #THORsday

Thor and Rocket might be the Buddy Cop movie which most accurately describes the conflict halves of my personality.

rocket-raccoon-clipart-avengers-infinity

tenor.gif?itemid=12665995

I totally see that with you!  The Thor/Rocket buddy thing was the best part of infinity war.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12519419

I love the "Magnificent Bastard" title.  :)   I'm glad you seem like you're in a much better mental place than you were last year!

• Like 6

Challenge Journal:  January 7th, 2019.  Sunday Week 0 wrap-up & #MomoaMonday in the house!

Some Momoa/Hemsworth (the best of the Chrises) or Wet Thor/Thor motivation to kick off your Monday right!  B)

Had a nice quiet weekend, got my socializing out of the way Friday so I could power through some house projects with my mother on Saturday; finished painting and touching up the cupboards, threw a coat of paint on my faux beam between the kitchen and living room, and things are slowly coming together in the main living area.  Success!

tumblr_n6233ikdKe1tbuoh7o6_400.gif

Took yesterday as a Rest Day so couldn't get my 5 classes/week of CrossFit in, but since it was legitimately needed and not lazing things off, I'm still going to count it.  Besides the gym was closed Monday and only open for a Team WOD on New Years which I was working for anyways.  No harm, no foul.

It was a pretty good week to start 2019 off.  The hype was real, motivation flourishing, and all of my goals were accomplished.  My mental health is up lately, I'm working on those +CHA extroversion goals, dating occasionally, and focusing on the positive.   All in all, a great start to a new year!

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2193  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    11   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:   Game out!

Mini-challenge goals...

On 1/6/2019 at 10:04 AM, Fonzico said:

This thread is officially my happy place.

Mine too!  The highlight of my day is coming here to share my thoughts and see what people have commented on.  It's thrilling!

tenor.gif?itemid=12183117

On 1/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, shaar said:

That looks like a HELLA COMFY COUCH there.

It truly is the Prince of Sectionals.  Be even better when we get it recovered and all prettied up!

On 1/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Nymeria said:

I love the "Magnificent Bastard" title.  :)   I'm glad you seem like you're in a much better mental place than you were last year!

_IufW-.gif

Thank you!  It's something to shoot for this challenge (earning that title) and really fits my mindset going into 2019.  I know living with a mood disorder that this positivity is fleeting, but I'm going to milk it to the maximum while I can.  If nothing else, it's a great time to brainstorm coping mechanisms and have my ducks in a row for when my dopamine crashes next time.  ;)

3 hours ago, Kharissandra said:

I think you just put me at +500 to inspiration. Following :D

dae7dd7f73c441f7a3348fd77e22cd67.gif

All in a day's work, my friend.  Stick around, I'm just getting warmed up!  ;)

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

The hype was real, motivation flourishing, and all of my goals were accomplished.

... omg. 

I just realized... relevance!

tumblr_n4w4v7yzUf1swijtfo1_400.gif

"I AM SUPER JUICED TO PROTECT YOU WITH MY LIFE"

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2018 at 12:31 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐☐☐
  •  

LOL

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 11:48 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Maybe you've heard of Rob and Dana Bailey?

I don't know that much about Rob but Dana Lynn Bailey is a BEAST.  I have zero doubt she could outlift half my gym combined.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

db98f4353b24e08796999ccfd075a58b.gif

Y'know?  ;)

there's a super fit girl who works out at my gym - I have no idea if she's a figure competitor or a powerlifter - but she came by the other night just to drop some stuff off for her trainer and strapped on a plate and starts hammering out pullups...in timberland boots and jeans... just for fun

She's my idol now. 

• Like 11

11 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Dana Lynn Bailey is a BEAST

Just went over to her instagram page - haven't checked in w her in a while. I confess I don't get her "look like the strongest in the gym" motivation, but she sure gets results!

Hope week 1 is starting well!

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  January 8th, 2019.

Lo, even though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I embraced the Darkness many moons ago...

Plus I've got the sharpest axe in the fucking valley and a quicker draw on my bow/pistols/blasters (depending on the challenge theme) than anyone.  Yesterday I had a bit of a mood slip but I powered through.  Just like I mentioned those weapons before , we have coping mechanisms and tools to help mitigate the influence our mental health disorders have over our daily life.  It's not always a battle to be won, but sometimes a skirmish you're just out to survive.  Survive I did, and today is a better day, and I'm happy to share the experience with others.

So I played a bunch of Overwatch (Be Happy ) to enjoy myself.

a37a987e72cf89313176b3f681f6ecb9fc485c11

I mean, seriously.  What's not to love about a mech-piloting diabolical hamster?  B)

Also figured out my Social Feat for the mini-challenge and I'm super stoked about it; I'm the worst at introducing myself to people I don't know at my CrossFit gym so I'm going to make an effort this week (and going forward) to say hi/greet every single person I'm not already acquainted with already this week!  +CHA points!

BlushingSpectacularCaudata-size_restrict

lukas395.jpg

Lukas Hogberg (3rd place CrossFit Games finalist and mah boy!) approved!

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2164  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    13   days

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Play:   Game out - played a bunch of Overwatch last night!

Mini-challenge goals...

• Distance Feat:  5km ruck.
  • Social Feat:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total: __ ]

23 hours ago, Starpuck said:

"I AM SUPER JUICED TO PROTECT YOU WITH MY LIFE"

Maybe not my life, I'd like to keep that cuz I only have 3 lives left (sold my soul to the devil years ago for a cat's 9 lives... I'm ashamed to admit I've squandered 6 already.  Tale for another day!!), but definitely all too happy to place myself in harm's way against the Tides of Darkness!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nailed it.

21 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

LOL

My goals AMUSE you? 

you-think-this-is-some-kind-of-game.jpg

12 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I don't know that much about Rob but Dana Lynn Bailey is a BEAST.  I have zero doubt she could outlift half my gym combined.

there's a super fit girl who works out at my gym - I have no idea if she's a figure competitor or a powerlifter - but she came by the other night just to drop some stuff off for her trainer and strapped on a plate and starts hammering out pullups...in timberland boots and jeans... just for fun

She's my idol now.

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

Just went over to her instagram page - haven't checked in w her in a while. I confess I don't get her "look like the strongest in the gym" motivation, but she sure gets results!

I like that they do a lot of touring and invitationals and aren't afraid to fix it up with their fans.  Really put work into the athletic community instead of just being faces who sell a product.  They're both beasts and that said, they're also dropping a camo line of their Flag Nor Fail workout apparel company tonight.  I need a new hoody!

v9vyirk6hl221.png?s=b466421949eb72307874dlb_broke_blog_2048x.progressive.jpg?v=1

I also dig their focus on aesthetics PLUS functional fitness.  That speaks to me!

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hoping you have a magnificent day !! xx

So fa so good!  And right back at you!

• Like 10

On 1/8/2019 at 7:32 AM, DJtrippyT said:

She's my idol now. 

That is awesome. :D 

15 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm the worst at introducing myself to people I don't know

I either do super well or crash and burn on this. :D My friend thinks it's hilarious either way. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

'I’m the worst at introducing myself to people I don't know at my CrossFit gym

This feels harder the older I get.  Oh, to be a kid again.....”Nice barbie, wanna play?”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

This feels harder the older I get.  Oh, to be a kid again.....”Nice barbie, wanna play?”

Just replace "barbie" with 'barbell' and you're halfway there. Assuming you're at the gym, of course. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Challenge Journal:  January 9th, 2019.

I ran a truly honest budget today.

It was not pretty.  Time to find places to cut costs.  #firstworldbachelorproblems

giphy.gif

Also been on hold with my mortgage bank for 45:00 just to change my mortgage withdrawal date to align with my biweekly pay schedule.  Why are these things so hard?!  On a happier note, I played more Overwatch last night.  Occasionally frustrating, but I love the pretty colors and I'm not terrible at it.  Do sort of need to broaden my portfolio of playable characters though...  Happy !  Unfortunately there was not a single unfamiliar face at my 10am CrossFit class so I couldn't force my charisma into anyone's personal bubble, but I did make an effort to socialize with faces I wouldn't normally visit with.  Extroversion victory!

But it's also #WeidaWednesday, folks!

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2177  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    14   days

• Play:   Game out - played a bunch of Overwatch last night!

Mini-challenge goals...

• Distance Feat:  5km ruck.
  • Social Feat:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total: __ ]

10 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I either do super well or crash and burn on this. :D My friend thinks it's hilarious either way. 

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

Attempting to become an extrovert (or at least functional ambivert) at 32 is not easy - but that is why it's worthwhile!

6 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Just replace "barbie" with 'barbell' and you're halfway there. Assuming you're at the gym, of course. 

CrossFit Barbie, you say...?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc8M7lqfzNistpJISBov4

Or maybe it's more like this:

attachment_34750506

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I ran a truly honest budget today.

It was not pretty.  Time to find places to cut costs.  #firstworldbachelorproblems

Once you get that budget locked in it will make your life simpler. Stick with it. It's the financial version of the discipline you use to hit your macros.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Once you get that budget locked in it will make your life simpler. Stick with it. It's the financial version of the discipline you use to hit your macros.

It's more of a guideline than a budget.  More than anything I needed to run the numbers and see where all my money was going because it seemed like I was broke every paycheck.  So now that I know that, I can start to balance and adjust. 

tumblr_osy2o3M0Zq1u501aoo2_400.gif

So far I called my ISP and got a 3month $30 loyalty credit off my monthly bill rather than go to a competitor.  Also got my mortgage payment moved to my payday instead of the Friday opposite (been meaning to do that for months!)  Next will be vendoring some trash - my old truck tires against my winter tires to pay that down - and following the In-and-Out Rule; for something new to come in, I have to generate the cash from within.  Thankfully I have a few items left that I can source out to pay for new gym shoes, a shelving unit, and a dining room table I think I've got a line on.  From there it'll be a simple matter of living frugally; which, wouldn't you have it, I'm quite accomplished at.

• Like 12