• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc '19: The Scoundrel Who Spat In Fate's Good Eye

Challenge Journal:  This 6th day of February, and #HemsworthWednesday (it should probably be #Thorsday, shouldn't it?)

Well, I need to take a couple of days off the gym to recuperate this knee and get feeling better.  Also need to stop starting every sentence/challenge update with "well," and can't keep exercising at less than 25%.  I'm not doing myself any favors.  That's an unfortunate peace to make for someone who completely buys into the Achilles "Rest Day. That is why no one will remember your name." meme and has never managed much exercise-induced (I'm assuming) wear and tear.  Man, being over 30 sucks...

In other news, I had a lovely post-work sleepover with Princess Kate.  Things are going swimmingly, and I talked through some of my pre-relationship anxieties with my Unpaid Therapy Friend™ (you know who you are, Sir!), two of which (anxieties) are seeming inconsequential and I'm quite pleased to have managed those hurdles.  Also, I really could get used to waking up as the middle spoon between doggo Marlow and the Princess herself.

Even though my motivation is significantly waning, let's enjoy some Mr Hemsworth.

3f7916a3bcd86a195edf7f80a57f07591e6df844

...and his wife and doggo because that's a fairly accurate representation of how my morning started too.  ;)

BLOOD, SWEAT & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2202  / 2170 cals. - but actually less because I shared my protein cookies.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:   3   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ]

#BEMOREHUMAN  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of Positive Self-Care per week:  ☐☐
  • An Advanced Social Networking™  activity once weekly: 
  • New “Gymtroductions” completed:   [Total:   0   ]

#LEVELUPMYLIFE  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 4 of 7 days/week:  ☑☑
  • Weekly weigh-in:    223.6 lbs  

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [54%Hold Onto Your N.U.T.s.  Advanced: Determine my N.U.T.s.
  • Write:  A simple and affectionate poem for Valentine's Day.
  • Currency:  [190g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter (ongoing).
  • Currency:  Pay off my vehicle insurance(s).  Money is on its way!
  • Level Up My Life 101:  Order university transcripts.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:43 AM, Salinger said:

Good luck with the new challenge, i know you will do amazing! x

Thanks, Salinger!  This week is truly turning into a real Zero Week unfortunately, but I'll strive to find the silver lining and start next week strong!

tumblr_nl2zsvaDt01tfbtrwo1_400.gif

On 2/5/2019 at 8:39 AM, RuthixCube said:

Bruh....I fucking feel this in my fucking soul. 1000% along for the wild ride that is this awesomeness :D

My life often truly is a wild ride.  Buckle up, or don't (for a truly hardcore and life-threatening experience)!

OtPt.gif

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Yup, we just haven't decided yet who's wet Thor and which one's dry Aquaman.

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

See, here's the thing. Rurik is, I think, a bigger Momoa fan than you, hence Aquaman is a choice for him. However, he's actually descended from Vikings, which makes Thor a choice for him. You, D_R, are from Greece, which is much more closely associated with Atlantis, which makes Aquaman a choice for you. You are also the OG Ranger GL and have swung the banhammer longer than most of us, and you have that GL shirt with Mjolnerd on it, which makes Thor a choice for you. Now, having said that, juxtaposing the wet and dry aspects of each hero kind of makes this an easier task, since it allows for some crossover. Therefore, I declare Rurik Wet Thor and D_R Dry Aquaman.

Problem solved.

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

*Sits and waits for new titles*

Is it though?  I admire your candor and candid analysis.  Can't argue that my brother D_R has more Aquaman attributes to his credit, nor with your summary of our individual traits; my only gripe is I'm not a fan of water nor can swim very well - also I live in an almost entirely landlocked province (well, not as bad as Saskatchewan or Alberta, I suppose) in the geographical center of North America.

So sadly/honestly I'm more like Dry Thor than any of the four juxtaposed possibilities we've discussed.  face-with-tears-of-joy_1f602.png  Or Aquaman if he never discovered his Atlantean heritage!

giphy.gif

See?  Prairie dust storm included to prove it. 

But I shall continue to split my affections equally, though my heart will always lean toward Mr Momoa.  ;)

tumblr_pg4wsiZGGE1qf5hjqo6_500.gif

Also, *points at user profile picture*

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Despite the fact that the Forum software doesn't let GLs edit titles anymore, I have chosen not to set GL titles without the GLs consent to respect the days when they had that power.

Right!  That reminds me, I'm in need of a title update after last challenge.  B)

• Like 5

I start every sentence with So... I do it in talking and in writing. Some of the times, I edit out a lot of my so's on my thread, but a lot get left in. So, well, that's all I have to say about that.

• Like 3

I can haz new title of your choosing?

Also, random question for the forum wizards - does post count get reset with a username change? I changed my name at the start of the pregnancy, but have been around on and off since 2013.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

I can haz new title of your choosing?

Also, random question for the forum wizards - does post count get reset with a username change? I changed my name at the start of the pregnancy, but have been around on and off since 2013.

Check out your spiffy new title. Post count does not get reset with name changes, as long as it's the same account all the posts made under that account are included. I don't know how closely you are tracking your post count, but you may notice a change. There is a button I can press called "Recount" under content count. I pressed it and it changed the number down a little bit. I don't know what that's about, it may have something to do with what was inculded in post count under the old software.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

See, here's the thing. Rurik is, I think, a bigger Momoa fan than you, hence Aquaman is a choice for him. However, he's actually descended from Vikings, which makes Thor a choice for him. You, D_R, are from Greece, which is much more closely associated with Atlantis, which makes Aquaman a choice for you. You are also the OG Ranger GL and have swung the banhammer longer than most of us, and you have that GL shirt with Mjolnerd on it, which makes Thor a choice for you. Now, having said that, juxtaposing the wet and dry aspects of each hero kind of makes this an easier task, since it allows for some crossover. Therefore, I declare Rurik Wet Thor and D_R Dry Aquaman.

Problem solved.

I must say, this reminded me of the debate between the Dread Pirate Roberts and Vizzini......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Therefore, I declare Rurik Wet Thor and D_R Dry Aquaman.

This made me way more happy than it should.   

It could be something about wet Thor or Wet Aquaman, or the delightful combination of both...

any of the four juxtaposed possibilities we've discussed

Also, *points at user profile picture*

why am I suddenly inspired to attempt to draw a Thor/Aquaman Cross over?

• Like 3

So I finally went back and actually read your very long post from 1/27. Or 1/28. Or something. Very long post. Whoever it was that said you should pursue teaching rather than law enforcement advancement with your degree sounds spot on to me. I have a few friends who have meandered through paths like yours, including a very close friend who could have written this post himself practically if you just change English to something science-y. Even if Princess Kate doesn't feature strongly in your life for forever, she has given you something wonderful and wonderfully important - honest insight and a healthy dose of give-a-damn. That's a very happy thing. So yeah, all caught up now. (And really I was checking in to see how your crossfit workout were going...derailed by big life things!)

tumblr_inline_pd5nyqvp9G1ty9gf1_500.gif

The post-military life is such a conundrum. The couple of people close to me who have gone through versions of this have seized unstructured free-wheeling wholeheartedly only to feel driven to impose their own goals and structures a few months later. It can seem discordant to try to cram yourself back into something with structure and goals, but the fact of the matter is that most of us seek out structure to keep ourselves on track. Not all motivated people are genius artist types, some of us are just really damn stubborn and outlining a goal - like teaching - can be the magic bullet to keep us on the right track. Having a vote of confidence from someone you care about is always a magical feeling though. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

So I finally went back and actually read your very long post from 1/27. Or 1/28. Or something. Very long post. Whoever it was that said you should pursue teaching rather than law enforcement advancement with your degree sounds spot on to me. I have a few friends who have meandered through paths like yours, including a very close friend who could have written this post himself practically if you just change English to something science-y. Even if Princess Kate doesn't feature strongly in your life for forever, she has given you something wonderful and wonderfully important - honest insight and a healthy dose of give-a-damn. That's a very happy thing. So yeah, all caught up now. (And really I was checking in to see how your crossfit workout were going...derailed by big life things!)

tumblr_inline_pd5nyqvp9G1ty9gf1_500.gif

The post-military life is such a conundrum. The couple of people close to me who have gone through versions of this have seized unstructured free-wheeling wholeheartedly only to feel driven to impose their own goals and structures a few months later. It can seem discordant to try to cram yourself back into something with structure and goals, but the fact of the matter is that most of us seek out structure to keep ourselves on track. Not all motivated people are genius artist types, some of us are just really damn stubborn and outlining a goal - like teaching - can be the magic bullet to keep us on the right track. Having a vote of confidence from someone you care about is always a magical feeling though. :)

Lots of wisdom here :) 

• Like 1