• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc '19: The Scoundrel Who Spat In Fate's Good Eye

Increasing your Momoa-osity is the perfect way to shake off the shitshow that was 2018.  (But really, every guy should try to be as Momoa-Like as possible) ;)  I'm glad you're feeling better and ready to get your mojo back!

• Like 3

On 12/30/2018 at 9:03 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

as big as Jason Momoa's arms!

How big ARE Momoa's arms?

Go go go on the goals.

I confess I laughed reading your leaning out comment. My goal is to not lose track of my ribs and hip bones s my feisty passenger grows. By March I may weigh as much as 160#. Oof. (Although MFH appropriately rolled his eyes when someone asked if I was going to catch him. He's 180! I started at 137. I hope I never catch him! I think I would feel awful!)

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  January 2nd, 2018 errrr, I mean 2019!

They killed my girlfriend off in The 100.  Fuck.  So let's bring back #WeidaWednesday instead of dwelling on that fact with a classic video relevant to many of us starting out our journey into 2019.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Bro Wisdom abounds!

Goals are going excellent. My uniform is fitting much better. Occasionally hungry but not suffering for it. Probably will end up going dry for all of January at this point as my weight loss goals are fairly ambitious and I want to 'earn' my shirtless WODs this summer!  Oh, and I really need some new CrossFit shoes!

Shut my phone off and had my Self-Care Date for the Relax Feat of the Ranger mini-challenge last night.  It was a pleasant break from being glued to various messaging apps.  Gonna call that my Be Happy sesh for the night too.  Tonight is skating and the weather is beautiful (by regional standards).

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2171  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    5   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐☐]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐
  • Social activity 2 times/week: 
  • Moment of Positivity shared (per update): 

...I'M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 4 of 7 days/week:  ☑☑
  • Weekly weigh-in:    212lbs 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:   Game out!
  • Play:  Hit the slopes snowboarding!
  • Write:  Share one self-authored poem.
  • Currency:  [0g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter.
  • Currency:  [Pending]  2-week shopping ban.
  • Test:  CrossFit benchmark metric [TBA]

Mini-challenge goals...

• Relax Feat:   Self-care date.

23 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Khal Drogo regarded sea water at poison, now he's aquaman.

If he could do that, you can do this.

Oh this game is an easy one.  The graphics are incredible, the game play is lacking but not awful... so far so good.  ;)

21 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Omg “Wet Thor” is amazing

anigif_sub-buzz-3388-1516710746-5.gif

1 hour ago, Nymeria said:

Increasing your Momoa-osity is the perfect way to shake off the shitshow that was 2018.  (But really, every guy should try to be as Momoa-Like as possible) ;)  I'm glad you're feeling better and ready to get your mojo back!

I might only have one testicle but I like to imagine the weight of my manliness is something like below...

db98f4353b24e08796999ccfd075a58b.gif

Y'know?  ;)

original.gif

49 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

There hasn't been enough Rurik in my life recently. I am here to fix that. And observe all the awesome.

Honestly, is there ever enough Rurik in anyone's life?  Luckily there's plenty of this scoundrel to go around. B)

I've missed you, fren!

• Like 12

Hai new friend!

(You didn't forget we were new fast friends, did you?)

i36Sk32.gif

Things I love about this thread:

The challenge itself.

The optimism.

How much it pumps ME up to do the same.

Check boxes in your formatting.

Gifs.

Things this thread needs more of:

Female bad ass counterpart.

Henry Cavill

So I help!    My go to for the most awesome badass chick that I love is, of course where I get my namesake from! Starbuck!  Thus, she appears.  (With bonus Henry Cavill because... because Henry Cavill)

karapunchestigh.gifHenry-Cavill-Immortals-010.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Hai new friend!

(You didn't forget we were new fast friends, did you?)

Things I love about this thread:

The challenge itself.

The optimism.

How much it pumps ME up to do the same.

Check boxes in your formatting.

Gifs.

Things this thread needs more of:

Female bad ass counterpart.

Henry Cavill

So I help!    My go to for the most awesome badass chick that I love is, of course where I get my namesake from! Starbuck!  Thus, she appears.  (With bonus Henry Cavill because... because Henry Cavill)

HAI FREN

This reply pleases me most.  I will never stop the checkbox express nor replying largely with .gifs  ;)

As requested,

Dahl from Riddick is my Katee Sackhoff waifu of choice.

tumblr_n99zvaSlac1sp4nfqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

And I've started rewatching Tudors because #HenryCavill (and he does CrossFit and therefore deserves more screen time in my challenge)

henry-cavill-gif-5.gif

tumblr_p3g5nufCsM1r9dqj5o1_500.gif

• Like 6

On 12/26/2018 at 11:31 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

In 2019 I'll be a Magnificent Bastard or I'll die trying;

I just love this and the whole tone of your challenge.  This is the Rurik that we know and love!!! 

• Like 2

So I rediscovered an old fitness inspiration who is striking a particular chord with me tonight.

Maybe you've heard of Rob and Dana Bailey?

They're epic AF (and one of the comments compared him to Jason Momoa, so they're both #goals).

Rob and I both like heavy things (he's more meathead powerbuilding, I'm more CrossFit), fast things (he does Porche, I do Harley-Davidson), beautiful women (he has Dana... I'm a work in progress lol), heavy music (it's all I've been listening to tonight), have similar haircuts and dig fashion-forward slim-fit jeans.  What's not to love?  Anyone have a good #hashtag to make Rob our #FridayInspiration hashtag around here in the vein of #MomoaMonday and #WeidaWednesday?  They do own and operate an apparently company called Flag Nor Fail, but I'm not sold on #FlagNorFailFriday either.

And some tunes to kick your next workout into overdrive!

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One of my favorite things from the Man Of Steel Extras is the story of Cavil bulking up to become Superman. The guy who coached him bragged about Cavil raising his deadlift. I approved.

If there isn't a .gif of it, did it even happen?

KAs9.gif

Apparently there is a .gif of it, and apparently 500# happened.  ;)

52 minutes ago, Terra said:

I just love this and the whole tone of your challenge.  This is the Rurik that we know and love!!! 

These are the kind of messages that are my daily reminder that I'm back on the right path, right where I belong.  Thank you, @Terra!!

tumblr_inline_pbptm6Qnty1tp5769_540.gif

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

If there isn't a .gif of it, did it even happen?

KAs9.gif

Apparently there is a .gif of it, and apparently 500# happened.  ;)

If ever a .gif existed about stiff legs and wrecking your spine/lower back due to poor deadlift form, this is it.

• Like 6

On 12/31/2018 at 10:00 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

But the Game of Life is about goals and leveling up, not resolutions!

I hate resolutions by their very concept. Set your goal, figure out how to make that happen and then start doing the work. Resolutions are like wishes and you wait for the perfect moment to start, which apparently is Jan 1 but there is no such thing as the perfect moment to start and then they fail. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

YESSSS to anything Riddick.

I've never watched the Tudors but I do know Jonathan Rhys Meyers is in it, and I've had a crush on him for like a decade and a half now, so

tumblr_m6m0umSPYl1rr4vub.gif

I'm patiently waiting for ponds to fully freeze over here so I can go skate-slide on them like some kind of deranged manatee but alas, not yet......

• Like 3

Oooh. The initial challenge post made the hairs on my arm stand up. Rurik is back.  Really back. I love everything about this thread. I'll be following (not just for Momoa gifs, promise!

• Like 6

On 1/2/2019 at 3:39 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Fair!    I may have used a few of her pics from that movie as avatars for a time.  >.>

5 hours ago, shaar said:

I've never watched the Tudors but I do know Jonathan Rhys Meyers is in it, and I've had a crush on him for like a decade and a half now, so

I watched this really... unique show with him in it once.  I want to say I liked it?  Or maybe it was just so weird, I remember it.   It was one of his earlier bits... called Gormengahst.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197154/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

Dangit, all this Katee love, and now I want to redo my challenge!  NO!  First... cartoon weirdness, then... THEN NEXT CHALLENGE... Comes the return of the BSG themes!

Nnngggh!!

• Like 4

Challenge Journal:  January 3rd, 2019.

I... don't really have much to say tonight other than I'm tired and I totally went out on a date with a bikini competitor last night (Social Activity ☑, let's call that a Be Happy sesh and my Moment of Positivity too ), and that was pretty cool.

Also recently found this Russian CrossFit coach who's hair game is off the fucking charts and legit #goalsAF.

082782fad89413b831517c546314d006.jpg

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2145  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    6   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐☐]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.

Mini-challenge goals...

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

so much swooning in here!!! x

tenor.gif?itemid=5975504

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If ever a .gif existed about stiff legs and wrecking your spine/lower back due to poor deadlift form, this is it.

Clearly you haven't witnessed my last Deadlift PR hahaha

14 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I hate resolutions by their very concept. Set your goal, figure out how to make that happen and then start doing the work. Resolutions are like wishes and you wait for the perfect moment to start, which apparently is Jan 1 but there is no such thing as the perfect moment to start and then they fail. 

I'm more than just a like delighted that I righted this once-sinking ship back in November/December so I'm not quite a resolutioner.  ;)

10 hours ago, therealkat said:

*peeks over counter* hi

be019b8a8487395085cbd07ab6d9e06c.jpg

8 hours ago, shaar said:

He's also Bishop Heahmund in the current season ov Vikings.

tumblr_p2tcauipoV1rjn473o2_500.gif

7 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Oooh. The initial challenge post made the hairs on my arm stand up. Rurik is back.  Really back. I love everything about this thread. I'll be following (not just for Momoa gifs, promise!

Mission accomplished.

I only truly have two speeds... reverse, and Dial This Motherf*cker Up To 11.  I think we can agree we're currently dial-broken-off to the latter.  B)

7 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

*reads updates*

I must up my gif game. o_0

tumblr_inline_ndz6ec72rQ1s17xnw.gif

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Dangit, all this Katee love, and now I want to redo my challenge!  NO!  First... cartoon weirdness, then... THEN NEXT CHALLENGE... Comes the return of the BSG themes!

Nnngggh!!

Exactly why I don't do challenge themes anymore.  There's a general flavor around here and the rest is organic progression... or regression, considering Jason Momoa has been my primary inspiration for ages!

tumblr_inline_n01e5s3mNS1ryxfoq.gif

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Mission accomplished.

I only truly have two speeds... reverse, and Dial This Motherf*cker Up To 11.  I think we can agree we're currently dial-broken-off to the latter.  B)

There was a saying a couple of years ago:
Welcome to the Ranger Train, where they only gear is forward and the only speed is FASTER!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Also recently found this Russian CrossFit coach who's hair game is off the fucking charts and legit #goalsAF.

For some reason the caption on that photo made me laugh my ass off (maybe because I'm one of those people that keeps checking their timer just in case it stops). 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome to the Ranger Train, where they only gear is forward and the only speed is FASTER!

Hahaha, I missed that saying, but I love it.    So fitting.

• Like 5

Well I'm for sure following this awesomeness :D

On 12/27/2018 at 6:31 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

In 2019 I'll be a Magnificent Bastard or I'll die trying; it's a simple matter of adrenaline, new experiences, and living life in the fast lane! 

So let's dial this shit up to Mother Fucker once again, folks -  I'm about to hemorrhage awesome all over the damn place.

I love this so very much. I may actually have to steal this a little later in the year (I'm not quite ready to be a Magnificent Bastard yet, a little too fragile and broken down, but soon!). Honestly, I'm loving all of the raging positivity coming out of here.

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  January 5th, 2019... Happy Belated #THORsday

Thor and Rocket might be the Buddy Cop movie which most accurately describes the conflict halves of my personality.

rocket-raccoon-clipart-avengers-infinity

tenor.gif?itemid=12665995

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2240  / 2170 cals.
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    7   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐☐]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☑☑☑

Mini-challenge goals...

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There was a saying a couple of years ago:

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hahaha, I missed that saying, but I love it.    So fitting.

It's a little bit like THIS...

w7NIBT.gif

4 hours ago, therealkat said:

That hair IS on point. You going for a dread man bun, too?

You have no idea how tempted I am.  Seriously.  Just watch that savage 'do in action!

Only factors holding me back are the growth required (I'd need to grow out quite a bit more 'skull foot print' and a lot of length too) and whether or not work would complain.  Stupid Department of Justice.  But we have some dudes with long biker ponytails and a few man buns.  I could always start with either Vlad's earlier manbun with highlights look or with James Newbury's starter dread-undercut too...

1bd61608c5fd0ab836110935027922fe.jpg

bf3db5273cf94186572e8341599748d8.png

I've always wanted blonde overlights, so I might start with that.  Can only imagine what my barber is gonna say... B)

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

For some reason the caption on that photo made me laugh my ass off (maybe because I'm one of those people that keeps checking their timer just in case it stops). 

You can read Russian?!

2 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Well I'm for sure following this awesomeness :D

I love this so very much. I may actually have to steal this a little later in the year (I'm not quite ready to be a Magnificent Bastard yet, a little too fragile and broken down, but soon!). Honestly, I'm loving all of the raging positivity coming out of here.

Thank you!

I would say 2019: Year of Bastardly Magnificence is well on its way.  Perhaps in completing Chapter 1 of this legendary saga, I might be on the road to earning myself a new forum title, Sir @Tanktimus the Encourager Magnificent Bastard™ has a lovely ring to it.  ;)

• Like 11