Cry Havoc '19: The Scoundrel Who Spat In Fate's Good Eye

Rurik Harrgath

33 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

But but but... Viggo has a goofy voice!  haha

it gives me great joy thinking of nick cage as aragorn.

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/who-else-is-pissed-off-that-nic-cage-didnt-take-the-role-of-aragorn.453443387/

• Like 3

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Challenge Journal:  Of the Third Week of this January Challenge, 2019.

Nutrition was a struggle this week.  I was constantly hungry after working my evenings and even my protein cookies couldn't stem the tide.  No massive overages until Saturday night when I indulged in some pizza, but I was definately eating at Maintainence+ give or take.

Bit of the Week 3 doldrums with regards to the challenge, but still an overall good week and really can't complain.

Enjoy some #SigmundsdottirSunday!

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   ???  / 2170 cals. 
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    30   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 
  • Social activity 2 times/week: 
  • Moment of Positivity shared (per update): 

...I'M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 4 of 7 days/week: 
  • Weekly weigh-in:    224 lbs 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:   Game out
  • Play:  Hit the slopes snowboarding!
  • Write:  Share one self-authored poem.
  • Currency:  [160g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter.
  • Currency:  [Pending]  2-week shopping ban.
  • Test:  CrossFit benchmark metric [TBA]  See below!

Mini-challenge goals...

• Relax Feat:   Self-care date.
  • Distance Feat:  5km ruck.
  • Social Feat:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total:   7_ ]
  • Speed Feat:  Complete a CrossFit benchmark WOD for time.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, ladyofthebog said:

This just so happens to be how I prefer my Nic Cage...

season-witch-feat.png?w=1038&h=576&crop=

And my Vin Diesel...

giphy.gif

Apparently I'm a fantasy geek.  Who knew?

On 1/26/2019 at 1:13 AM, Volki said:

Awww I am happy for you man and I hope things turn out well. What is she doin in Cuba?

also me reading ur dating updates:

Awe shucks!  Just went down to Havana with a couple of girlfriends for a long weekend during this current cold snap and blizzard... kind of jealous actually!

Since there is actually some interest in the Codex containing the Dating Adventures of Rurik Harrgath...

Friday night she sent me a long text containing a few "we'll sees" and "taking this slow" buzzwords so I felt the panic begin to rise, but she must have sensed it and followed up with an even longer text telling me she likes me, really looks forward to our conversations, finds herself even somewhat reliant on my opinions and input lately which she is "aware of but doesn't intend to change" (a major step for her given her fierce independence stemming from past relationship traumas) but just intends to move at a "slooow" pace because that is what works for her.  Nice things to hear and easier to understand her trepidation.  Judging from my past inclinations to tear of my own protective emotional armor and leap into the fray, I'm starting to appreciate her perspective and think the slower, easing our way into things and loving every moment of hanging out and getting to know each other really is for the best.

That said I'm glad she's enjoying her micro-vacation, but I'm looking forward to hanging out again soon!

• Like 9

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Nutrition was a struggle this week.  I was constantly hungry after working my evenings and even my protein cookies couldn't stem the tide.  No massive overages until Saturday night when I indulged in some pizza, but I was definately eating at Maintainence+ give or take.

Sometimes you just gotta eat. Listen to your Body, it's pretty smart.

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Friday night she sent me a long text containing a few "we'll sees" and "taking this slow" buzzwords so I felt the panic begin to rise, but she must have sensed it and followed up with an even longer text telling me she likes me, really looks forward to our conversations, finds herself even somewhat reliant on my opinions and input lately which she is "aware of but doesn't intend to change" (a major step for her given her fierce independence stemming from past relationship traumas) but just intends to move at a "slooow" pace because that is what works for her.  Nice things to hear and easier to understand her trepidation.  Judging from my past inclinations to tear of my own protective emotional armor and leap into the fray, I'm starting to appreciate her perspective and think the slower, easing our way into things and loving every moment of hanging out and getting to know each other really is for the best.

Trust me, it is. I'm glad you were wise enough to realize that her wanting to go slow is a sign she cares more, rather than less. She thinks there is enough potential in the relationship, and especially in you, not to treat things carelessly. Call upon your zen, don't force things, just let them be.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Apparently I'm a fantasy geek.  Who knew?

The best kind, obviously.

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Trust me, it is. I'm glad you were wise enough to realize that her wanting to go slow is a sign she cares more, rather than less. She thinks there is enough potential in the relationship, and especially in you, not to treat things carelessly.

I agree with Tank ™

Sounds like things are going well!  Man, I hate Week3.   Add in the shite weather on top of it, and it's a recipe for disaster.      But hey!  We both managed this week, so hellyeah!

#moarhemsworth

• Like 3

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Challenge Journal:  Of the 28th day this January, 2019.

Let's get #MomoaMonday out of the way rather than immediately subject you to the TL;DR wall of text below...

What follows I dub (and @Tanktimus the Encourager will love this) Chasing Chaotic Good, or is it ever too late to be a better man? 

Read on...

Despite a smattering of faulty relationships throughout my twenties, I've more or less been on my own and looking out solely for myself my entire adult life, and with what one could call an ineffective father figure, the claim could be made even longer than that.  So when I discovered Nerd Fitness and really dove deep into the character class rabbit hole I'm so terribly fond of, it made sense that my hypothetical player character would be a stick-to-his guns, no-nonsense sort of rugged individualist.  Whether I imagined myself the savage barbarian, the enigmatic shaman, battered and bruised but enduring survivalist, futuristic gunslinger, or my current all-encompassing ne'er-do-well scoundrel, one common trait sang through the morass; I was going about the world my way, on my terms, embracing chaos and answering to no other man.  I was Chaotic Neutral embodied.  Pile on the occasionally-overwhelming burden of a struggle with anxiety, the dark whispers of depression paired with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from deployment into a warzone and playing witness to a dearest friend leaving this world for Valhalla, and a brush with cancer that left me bereft of an intrinsic part of being a male and possibly taking with it the ability to be virile one at that, there never really seemed like room to spread my talents or concerns beyond my own sphere.  I couldn't risk being spread any thinner than I already oftentimes felt.

I've heard it said, "all it takes is the love of a good woman to change a man forever."  It's too early to mention love, or even believe I can be changed even in the short or long term, let alone forever, but it's definitely true that someone important can waltz into your life one moment and make a significant impact in ways you never imagined.  Friday night I was at work, doinking around with my cellphone its being verboten, and received a message from Princess Kate that stirred doubts to action.  It started with her suggesting that I would make a good CrossFit coach, a certification I've wanted for quite some time, and finding out the course is being offered locally in mid-February.  She told me to go for it, so I messaged our head coach for whether or not he would support the endeavor and if our gym even needed another coach because I knew we have plenty and the certification is about $1500 CAD even with my law enforcement discount.

Sadly he came back supporting my desire to pursue CrossFit Level 1 coaching but said he couldn't guarantee I would have many (if any) opportunities to make use of it as his wife is expecting and will be coaching full time herself while she raises their little one.  So that was a bummer, but came with a hidden lining... for the first time since the day I swore into the Canadian Armed Forces, someone who knows me deeply and personally, told me they were proud of me, and I hadn't even done anything beyond taking the first terrifying step. 

That does not quite an epiphany make, but I'm coming to that.  We bat the idea of whether or not I should even bother with my Level 1 coaching if I can't make use of it in my gym.  Maybe the opportunity will come down the road, maybe it won't; I haven't decided yet, and have until Friday to do so.  She followed that brief discussion up with her coup de grace and dropped a bomb on me...

"Craaaaaaazy thought. I've actually been thinking about how AMAZING you would be as a junior high or high school English literature teacher. You would even excel with troubled youth. Your experience to date has prepared for something like this. Now new career and new schooling is overwhelming, particularly when working full time. But you are so smart and you can do anything you put your mind to. I honestly believe that."

Her text verbatim.  I screenshotted it.  Now, teaching was actually my original intent when I set out for (but did not complete) my university education, and history and English were my focus there and strengths in high school.  I've never told her these things, these are insights she's pulled out of the air on her own in the not-quite-four weeks we've been talking, and my mind is blown.  Mothers have to believe in us, but women we've only been on a date with once and talked to for a few weeks are under no such obligations.  If you're still reading, you're probably wondering where my mention of Chaotic Good character alignment in this narrative's title factors in.  Well, she got the wheels turning.  Before my shift ended, I was inspired like I haven't been in years.  I emailed my old university inquiring about credits (none of which have expired, by the way) and program potentials.  The possibility is there.  I could do this.

But the epiphany I mentioned?  A recurring fear of mine these past struggling years has been that I will win this battle against my demons in the long run, but that it will cost me what is left of my soul, my humanity.  An uber negative work environment and utter lack of fulfillment there only doubles that phobia.  Maybe in my pursuing solely my own ends, my own means, and fully embracing my theory of chaotic neutrality, I would similarly be ensuring my greatest fear.  Yet with someone singling out and believing in the best left in me, seeing the humanity buried so deep because I'm afraid to lose it, maybe there is still time for me to turn this trainwreck of a life around and find some meaning.  It would be too easy to give Princess Kate sole credit for this new stirring within me; the reality is she found the ember already kindled within and just poured gasoline onto it until a conflagration rose.  She might be the Obi-wan to my Luke, albeit a different spin on that classic, but could lead to a change of my outlook, my life, and my finding a goal with some inherent nobility behind it.  After all of the horrible shit I have been through, could I really turn from this morally gray path and forge anew my destiny, one illuminated by the Light of change and hope and a brighter future for the lives I could potentially touch?

I think the answer is yes, at least a solidly resounding maybe.  At this point I am only connecting the dots and putting in the logistic efforts of figuring out the reality behind this pipe dream, and maybe I won't even go down the teaching path, but if doors aren't exactly swinging open for me, at least a window is cracked - and I never leave my axe far behind.  No window can withstand a battle axe.  A year of university could mean finalizing my undergrad with a focus in Criminology which could propel me into Probation Services or Parole or a similar field, and a Masters done by correspondence could jack up my salary earning potential dramatically in addition to getting me out of an institutional environment and the negativity of the offenders and staff alike.  If I could manage to swing a year or two to complete a teachable undergraduate degree, another two in the Department of Education could fully realize even 17 year old Rurik's dream of teaching. 

Just like Jason Momoa playing Arthur Currie in Aquaman lived most of his life looking out for only himself, yet later to find a goal much greater than one man, maybe there's still time for me to wreak some Chaos on the world after all.  Albeit tempered, perhaps, with Good intentions.

CRACKIN’ SKULLS & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2116  / 2170 cals. 
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    32   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ]

I DON'T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING...  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐☐
  • Social activity 2 times/week:  ☐☐

• Weekly weigh-in:    224 lbs 

• Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.

Mini-challenge goals...

• Social Fet:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total:   7_ ]
  • Speed Feat:  Complete a CrossFit benchmark WOD for time.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, Salinger said:

Sounds like it’s going well man :) yay!! Really happy for you. Like you say, enjoy the moments of hanging out and missing each other <3 

I'm mildly afraid of the data usage bill she's gonna have when she comes home from Cuba, but also beyond flattered she's willing to chance that just to text me every chance she's had so far.  Last night Havana lost power and the gals tried to see an outdoor show during a storm.  Turns out a tornado rolled through the city and a few were killed along with scores injured.

To say I was relieved when she texted me good morning today would be the understatement of the year.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sometimes you just gotta eat. Listen to your Body, it's pretty smart.

Trust me, it is. I'm glad you were wise enough to realize that her wanting to go slow is a sign she cares more, rather than less. She thinks there is enough potential in the relationship, and especially in you, not to treat things carelessly. Call upon your zen, don't force things, just let them be.

I'm a stubborn old man sometimes, but I'm trying my damnedest to internalize this message.

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Sounds like things are going well!  Man, I hate Week3.   Add in the shite weather on top of it, and it's a recipe for disaster.      But hey!  We both managed this week, so hellyeah!

#moarhemsworth

Survived we did.  And now, we reap the rewards of our enduring spirits...

original.gif

• Like 8

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

That is  awesome that Princess Kate was able too encourage you  and have insights into where your talents  are. She sounds very special, and that is a very solid start to a relationship

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Oooooh, I love these new thoughts...  Dig deep and find what makes your hear sing!  Just for the record, I've been around the sun a few (a lot!!) more times than you and I am working on my  very first fitness certificate and changing to a new job where I know almost nothing about that I will be doing. (I'm looking forward to learning how to blow stuff up :friendly_wink:)  I'm excited for both!!!  And even if you don't get the opportunity to teach CF a ton it might be worth the certificate so you can teach when the opportunity arises...  Ive been teaching BJJ teen classes and last night taught my second core and conditioning class due to Professor's illness.

And Princess Kate sounds amazing...  

• Like 2

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Motivation

I'm so happy to see hope rekindled in you my friend. Princess Kate sounds very wise. I think a better analogy than Obi-Wan and Luke is Mara Jade and Luke, except you are Mara Jade and she is Luke, inspiring the good in you that was always there trying to get out. I will say, GO BACK TO SCHOOL. Don't waste time with Criminology, that's the path of least resistance that will not bring fulfillment. Get that teaching certificate my friend. It's time your bearded awesome self gets to help more reachable people. I know you're an excellent corrections officer, but your talents are not fully utilized in a prison. You can work with people far more reachable in a school.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Challenge Journal:  On this most necessary of #HemsworthWednesdays, the 30th day of January, 2019.

Let's get #MomoaMonday out of the way rather than immediately subject you to the TL;DR wall of text below...

8f18c3f545f5f5d40b529418c875afcd.jpg

356f3f4571123f9ddb41f595d549e9db.gif

But paying off furnace repairs at Christmas.  Motorcycle/truck insurance this week.  How Rurik feels about #adulting lately...

IdolizedSneakyBillygoat-size_restricted.

At least we've made it to Hump Day.  Double CrossFit (Oly & WOD), get to see Princess Kate in the latter, so it's not all bad .  Down to 222# on the digital scale too, more bonus!  However it's also something like -40C before the windchill today, so that kind of neutrals things out - gonna call it a win anyways!  Positivity win ☑.

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   2217  / 2170 cals. 
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    35   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐
  • Social activity 2 times/week:  ☐☐

• Weekly weigh-in:    222 lbs 

Mini-challenge goals...

• Social Fet:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total:   8_ ]
  • Speed Feat:  Complete a CrossFit benchmark WOD for time

On 1/28/2019 at 8:54 PM, Elastigirl said:

That is  awesome that Princess Kate was able too encourage you  and have insights into where your talents  are. She sounds very special, and that is a very solid start to a relationship

I sure hope so.  Really glad she's back from Cuba and hopefully see her at CrossFit tonight.  We had mentioned making plans to sit down and watch a movie this week (I'm historically bad for pushing active dates the first few to appear super out going and adventurous, but she asked for a quiet night) and then when asked, suggested my place (she hasn't been) because it's more comfortable than hers.  So she'll be coming over Friday night - I'm responsible for the snacks, popcorn and peanut M&Ms.  ;)

19 hours ago, Terra said:

Oooooh, I love these new thoughts...  Dig deep and find what makes your hear sing!  Just for the record, I've been around the sun a few (a lot!!) more times than you and I am working on my  very first fitness certificate and changing to a new job where I know almost nothing about that I will be doing. (I'm looking forward to learning how to blow stuff up :friendly_wink:)  I'm excited for both!!!  And even if you don't get the opportunity to teach CF a ton it might be worth the certificate so you can teach when the opportunity arises...  Ive been teaching BJJ teen classes and last night taught my second core and conditioning class due to Professor's illness.

And Princess Kate sounds amazing...  

It's been super frustrating to start to peel back the layers of all of the pieces which will need to fall into place to make this dream happen.  I have no idea what my credits are like from back in 07 so I need to get transcripts, gotta figure out a primary and secondary teachable if Education is my plan, I'd like to finish my undergrad by correspondence if I can so finding an accredited online degree completion program that my local university will accept for the Education After Degree program... basically a metric shit ton of crossing Ts and dotting Is.  Thankfully I focused on a lot of history last time around so I probably have close to a primary or secondary teachable subject there.  I'm hoping I can top up my degree with Environmental Science or something for the second.

I still don't know what to about CrossFit level 1.  It's soooooo expensive if I'm not putting it to good use!

But she really is quite wonderful.  I just need to keep my shit together and not self-sabotage this somehow.  So far, so good...

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm so happy to see hope rekindled in you my friend. Princess Kate sounds very wise. I think a better analogy than Obi-Wan and Luke is Mara Jade and Luke, except you are Mara Jade and she is Luke, inspiring the good in you that was always there trying to get out. I will say, GO BACK TO SCHOOL. Don't waste time with Criminology, that's the path of least resistance that will not bring fulfillment. Get that teaching certificate my friend. It's time your bearded awesome self gets to help more reachable people. I know you're an excellent corrections officer, but your talents are not fully utilized in a prison. You can work with people far more reachable in a school.

As much as I'm not a Luke fan, I dig the reference, and I'm 110% okay with being Mara Jade in this analogy.  I'm even wracking my brain trying to come up with an analogy to put a Jaina Solo/Jagged Fel spin on this because I'll be Star Wars Legends until I die and the new canon doesn't exist in my universe.

• Like 6

I purposefully dipped into the old EU because of your love for it.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 7:04 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

It's been super frustrating to start to peel back the layers of all of the pieces which will need to fall into place to make this dream happen.  I have no idea what my credits are like from back in 07 so I need to get transcripts, gotta figure out a primary and secondary teachable if Education is my plan, I'd like to finish my undergrad by correspondence if I can so finding an accredited online degree completion program that my local university will accept for the Education After Degree program... basically a metric shit ton of crossing Ts and dotting Is.  Thankfully I focused on a lot of history last time around so I probably have close to a primary or secondary teachable subject there.  I'm hoping I can top up my degree with Environmental Science or something for the second.

When I went through this last year (basically changing careers again) I realised how much it helps to just, sit down write everything out, along with the prices and the uses for it. Then the answer can jump up at you. Also it helps you remember that you can do everything you want - you just need to to remember it will take time and tackle one first and then the other. 

• Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

If you are still hungry I have heard there will be a new Girl Scout cookie this year

BC2DD40E-8C18-4FD7-A863-6991F5FF8CC0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Challenge Journal:  January Challenge wrap-up.

Well, let's call it a solid B+.  The first three weeks went swimmingly, while the latter kind of went a little bit to shit.  Mostly lost my tracking streak and fell off my Nutritional Alchemy™ wagon.  What we've learned:  my +CHA goal is going well but needs some tweaking (look for that in my February challenge).  Similarly I don't think adding mini-challenge goals to my primary Challenge goals is such a swell idea (which is actually a lesson I've dealt with in the past).  I don't do well with an influx of non-regularly scheduled programming, so scratch that - even when I get the next mini up and running. Also had to take a few days off the gym for a weird tweak in my knee and an all-nighter visiting with Princess Kate which left me unusually drained through the weekend.  Still feeling the ill effects of that particular event, actually. 

So, as it is, I'm not feeling particularly inspired with regards to a new Challenge theme; I think I'll carry this bad boy forward like a Battle Log for now until I'm otherwise motivated.  Besides, I like the ambience around here and there's a delightful patina on things from all the blood, sweats & tears of late.  

That's it for now, folks!  I'll see you in the next post where I revise my goals and set my sights on gunning down Februrary's goals!.  ;)

original.gif

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   ????  / 2170 cals. 
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:    35   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ]

• Partake of 4 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☑☑☑☑
  • Social activity 2 times/week: 

• Weekly weigh-in:    222 lbs 

• Currency:  [190g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter.

Mini-challenge goals...

• Social Fet:  Introduce myself to every unfamiliar member at my gym this week  [Total:   8_ ]
  • Speed Feat:  Complete a CrossFit benchmark WOD for time
  • Like 3

Challenge Journal:  Shiny & New Challenge™ goals for February as of the 4th, 2019. 

Well, not really - just some minor tweaks, removals, and addendums.

December went swimmingly, and January similarly until that pesky last week when I let myself get a little derailed.  Maybe not starting February on a high nor the most solid mindset, but not exactly falling apart either, but we Ranger on.  So, what's new around here?  Removed Moment of Positivity required for every update because I feel like I can manage that without making it a goal, and in its place added "Gymtroductions" (going out of my way to acquaint myself with unfamiliar/new gym members) from my mini-challenge social feat in January.  I have also upgraded my social activity goal to the shiny & new Advanced Social Networking™; let me explain, in recent discussions with Princess Kate I've come to the conclusion I'm seriously lacking in friends and a social outer circle, so this involves making new friends and reacquainting with old ones, as well as stretching beyond my inner friend circle to garner a larger acquaintance group.

Returning are nutrition tracking and my streak, 5+ CF classes per week, self-care check-in, my challenge updates/weekly weigh-in, and ongoing To Do list focusing on specifically completing Hold Onto Your N.U.T.s which is a men's self-help manual for relationships and of particular importance in my life now.  NUTs are Non-negotiable, Unalterable Terms that a fella cannot compromise; so far I have determined 4+ CrossFit classes per week is one, my motorcycle another, and something something mental health (still trying to qualify that one).  But still half the book to read, so a discussion for another day!

Now, with that out of the way, a word photo from our sponsors...

Happy #MomoaMonday and early #HemsworthWednesday!

maxresdefault.jpg

BLOOD, SWEAT & CHAININ’ COMBOS  "A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™:   ????  / 2170 cals. 
  • MyFitnessPal tracking streak:   1   days
  • 5 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ☐☐]

#BEMOREHUMAN  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 4 sessions of Positive Self-Care per week:  ☐☐
  • An Advanced Social Networking™  activity once weekly: 
  • New “Gymtroductions” completed:   [Total:   0   ]

#LEVELUPMYLIFE  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Weekly weigh-in:    222 lbs   Requires update tomorrow!

• Read:  [54%Hold Onto Your N.U.T.s.  Advanced: Determine my N.U.T.s.
  • Write:  A simple and affectionate poem for Valentine's Day.
  • Currency:  [190g]  Sell 250g worth of clutter (ongoing).
  • Currency:  Pay off my vehicle insurance(s).
  • Level Up My Life 101:  Order university transcripts.
  • Like 9

I’m gonna have to catch up on some stuff cos all I have time to read at the moment is the latest page; but it makes me really happy to see everything about your potentially going back to school, princess Kate, etc. There’s a lot of bright and hopeful energy here and I love it. <3

Also, the way you talk about princess Kate. And the fact that you call her princess Kate. It’s got me like

giphy.gif

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ah yes, wet Thor and Dry Aquaman.

Interesting to see you and @DarK_RaideR both just using your GL powers to move your challenges forward. Didn't we decide several years ago you two are two halves of the same soul?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/27/2018 at 1:31 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

CHALLENGE INSPIRATION:

I am whiskey, amber and leather – I am blood, sweat and tears - I am supplements and coping mechanisms and consequences; the barbarian who selfishly sold his soul as a mercenary, the mercenary who fell to the void and became a demon hunter, and the demon hunter who returned from the darkness to live like a scoundrel.  A new year means fresh opportunity.  Now I'll live a life AMAP (As Momoaly As Possible), perpetuate the charming rogue archetype, keep polishing my devil-may-care heart of gold, and just entirely strive to Live My Best Life.  In 2019 I'll be a Magnificent Bastard or I'll die trying; it's a simple matter of adrenaline, new experiences, and living life in the fast lane! 

So let's dial this shit up to Mother Fucker once again, folks -  I'm about to hemorrhage awesome all over the damn place.

Bruh....I fucking feel this in my fucking soul. 1000% along for the wild ride that is this awesomeness :D 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Cyborg/Badass (Ranger)

Current Challenge: RuthixCube trains for a 5k - pt 1

Previous: Reboot12

"I am Iron and I forge myself."

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ah yes, wet Thor and Dry Aquaman.

Interesting to see you and @DarK_RaideR both just using your GL powers to move your challenges forward. Didn't we decide several years ago you two are two halves of the same soul?

Yup, we just haven't decided yet who's wet Thor and which one's dry Aquaman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Yup, we just haven't decided yet who's wet Thor and which one's dry Aquaman.

See, here's the thing. Rurik is, I think, a bigger Momoa fan than you, hence Aquaman is a choice for him. However, he's actually descended from Vikings, which makes Thor a choice for him. You, D_R, are from Greece, which is much more closely associated with Atlantis, which makes Aquaman a choice for you. You are also the OG Ranger GL and have swung the banhammer longer than most of us, and you have that GL shirt with Mjolnerd on it, which makes Thor a choice for you. Now, having said that, juxtaposing the wet and dry aspects of each hero kind of makes this an easier task, since it allows for some crossover. Therefore, I declare Rurik Wet Thor and D_R Dry Aquaman.

Problem solved.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

*Sits and waits for new titles*

Despite the fact that the Forum software doesn't let GLs edit titles anymore, I have chosen not to set GL titles without the GLs consent to respect the days when they had that power.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Despite the fact that the Forum software doesn't let GLs edit titles anymore, I have chosen not to set GL titles without the GLs consent to respect the days when they had that power.

Appreciate it, chaplain

D_Ry Aquaman

• Like 4