Ye New & Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

Rurik Harrgath

Welcome one and all, to Ye New & Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall for all of your general inquiries and conversational needs!

2K13-Apr-4-Tavern.1365002325.JPG

As has been tradition throughout our storied history (except those dark times when we were Guildhall-less), make yourselves comfortable while we wade our ways through Week Zero in preparation for the start of another 4 Week Challenge cycle and New Years!  There's a rack by the door for your cloak and various equipment, enchanted of course - if you require us to stash anything for you, ensure you hang onto your voucher to reclaim your items! 

Harold the Blacksmith has forged his final sword blade and retired as of last challenge; but worry not for his daughter and former apprentice Charsi is on scene out back for your assorted repair and smithery needs, and you likely noticed Shem the traveling trinket merchant (we had to retract that 'friendly neighborhood...' title due to some reports of surly behavior in challenges past) on your way in... Shem has set up a bazaar across the muddy road out front.

Ranger HQ is that beautiful new rampart structure out in the courtyard (stop by to partake of that fresh new fortress smell) should you have questions or need anything of the Guild Leader or Ambassador team, and Innkeeper Bertrand can handle your nutrition, beverage, and entertainment needs!

BardsTaletavern.jpg

Glad to have you back, Rangers!  We're looking forward to seeing all of your challenges and sharing in your adventures again this round.

• Like 13

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Quest-GIver.jpg

OPTIONAL SIDE QUEST

Let us know a little bit about your real-life Character; who are they, what kind of class it might be (even though we're squarely within the Ranger guild, or visiting the Rangers, here), which skills and attributes you want to work on in 2019 that will bring you closer to this ideal, any particular inspiration that drives you toward this paragon, etc. 

Consider this an entirely optional but wholly amusing deviation from the usual highway of health and fitness, putting the nerd back in Nerd Fitness for a couple of minutes to remind us why we all originally found our way here.

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Nice digs.  I'll be by the fire with a mulled wine if anyone needs me.  :-)

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

*perches on a corner table and shakes pom poms at all who enter*

22 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Let us know a little bit about your real-life Character;

4b64097cd340076d4a3f0fef194e5537.gif

:D i just want to be as Sportacus as i can get. He's an Elf and would fully be a Ranger. His main thing is aerobics, but if anyone does a little bit of everything, it's him, good grief. Including being a math nerd and having an extensive library. Despite a surprisingly dark backstory, he's genuinely joyful and kind to everyone, including his enemy, and devotes his time to helping others as a 'slightly-above-average hero'. The absolute golden retriever.

sooooo for 'Elf Practice' i'm working on strength and flexibility for a start, and reminding myself to try to be kind and keep a little spring in my proverbial step :3

• Like 6

Matthew 25:34-40

I'll take a pint of whatever lager Bertrand recommends and sit off to the side. Not fully in a corner but certainly close enough to shuffle into one should the need arise.

• Like 2

I would like a very large parma violet gin please, Bertrand. 

Image result for parma violet gin

My real-life character is Grizzelda Bo-Peep. She's a wrestler and a very quiet gymnast-type who keeps herself mostly to herself unless she is contorting herself around you to bring you to the mat before you know what she's up to. Then she's going to pin you and take your championship title. It belongs to Grizzelda now. 

• Like 6

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

add_whiskey.gif?15593367251532229042

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I'll have all the coffee you've got, Bertrand, please and thank you, I am in dire need.

...working in retail non-stop through this end of the festive season is not so much fun. Coffee helps maintain the sanity!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

there are two guys in my coffee shop taking up an entire six-top table to play a sprawling game of Risk. I'm never going to feel bad about sitting here to work all day again. At least *I* bring a power strip for people to share!

Savages!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Man, they gonna be there all day too.

at least it's not Monopoly?

• Like 4

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Man, they gonna be there all day too.

somebody just took Eurasia. Idiot. Everyone knows you can never hold Eurasia

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

2 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

somebody just took Eurasia. Idiot. Everyone knows you can never hold Eurasia

Just manipulate one of them into insulting Ukraine.

tenor.gif?itemid=6093266

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 12/29/2018 at 10:52 PM, Miaulin said:

*perches on a corner table and shakes pom poms at all who enter*

4b64097cd340076d4a3f0fef194e5537.gif

:D i just want to be as Sportacus as i can get. He's an Elf and would fully be a Ranger. His main thing is aerobics, but if anyone does a little bit of everything, it's him, good grief. Including being a math nerd and having an extensive library. Despite a surprisingly dark backstory, he's genuinely joyful and kind to everyone, including his enemy, and devotes his time to helping others as a 'slightly-above-average hero'. The absolute golden retriever.

sooooo for 'Elf Practice' i'm working on strength and flexibility for a start, and reminding myself to try to be kind and keep a little spring in my proverbial step :3

Thats mesmerizing!

and way funner than the RISK board game

that has, no doubt, been restarted 3 or is it 4 times to subtle references to one country or another

(and the violence thereof)

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

The small Ranger who enters the Guildhall is known to many there, but she looks off-balance with her blonde hair cut short and rumpled around her jaw, and her cardinal-red uniform vest and cloak look stiff, new, and uncomfortable. She hesitates in the doorway as the unfamiliar smells of the new hall strike her nose, but when she sees her dear friends clinking glasses and mugs and taking shelter from the inclement weather, her pose eases and she crosses the room to take a place at a side table. 

"Hello Sky," the barkeep greets her warmly as he slides her favorite toffee nut coffee in front of her and drops a spoonful of cream into it. "How is it out there?"

"Not bad for December," she replies, curling her fingers around the thick ceramic mug and gratefully accepting its warmth.

"You mean January." He grins as he wipes his hands on his apron, eyes twinkling. "It's a new year, Sky."

The small Ranger lifts her gaze and an expression of joy spreads across her face like a light. "It is, isn't it?" She lifts the mug to her lips and looks out the window at the moonlight streaming softly into the woods around the hall. The barkeep watches knowingly as memories flicker across her face, sometimes light, sometimes dark, but as the chimes of the tall old clock begin to sound, she lifts the mug to her lips with a determined face.

"This is going to be a good year." 

• Like 11

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

A new Ranger comes in from the cold. He's been with the newbies, the druids, but never a ranger before. But strength and endurance are on his mind, as is recovering from a year of healthcare issues.

The new ranger in question has been up in a cabin, isolated, raising a 1 yo baby boy. That crash course into fatherhood is why he needs to lose 30 lbs and practicr jogging from scratch again.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, jedi_mind said:

A new Ranger comes in from the cold. He's been with the newbies, the druids, but never a ranger before. But strength and endurance are on his mind, as is recovering from a year of healthcare issues.

The new ranger in question has been up in a cabin, isolated, raising a 1 yo baby boy. That crash course into fatherhood is why he needs to lose 30 lbs and practicr jogging from scratch again.

Welcome friend! Fatherhood is a fantastic reason to start looking after your body and getting healthy! We're so excited you're here and can't wait to cheer you on!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2 hours ago, jedi_mind said:

Welcome, we're very glad to have you here! 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten