*Charges in fresh from the Monk guild*

BAR FIIIIIIGHT!!!

barfight.jpg

Thank god, someone who knows how to party

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

49 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Wait wait wait- Question!
If the new Guildhall is Fancy now, does that mean fancy hats are allowed again?

Of course. And especially the fancy exploding kind ,because they are the best

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Wait, I am not sure I can stick around here if we're freaking with the fancy hats again. I mean, you do remember what happened last time, right? My right eyebrow still hasn't grown back. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

18 minutes ago, deftona said:

Wait, I am not sure I can stick around here if we're freaking with the fancy hats again. I mean, you do remember what happened last time, right? My right eyebrow still hasn't grown back. 

But it was soo much FUN!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

18 minutes ago, deftona said:

But the asymmetry is part of your charm!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The problem was never the fancy hats. The problem was @Cheetah overengineering his fancy hats, then wearing more than one at once.

And not realising the quantum side effects of having all of his fancy hats occupying the same space at the same time inside the Guild Hall. It was still one heck of a ride! 

• Like 3

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

See, I wasn't here during the exploding quantum hats thing, for reasons that aren't clear to me, so I really really want to have it happen again so I can participate.

I have a blue Brazilian sheepherder hat that I could pull out for just such an occasion. Also a Batgirl mask. Wearing both together might help amplify @Cheetah's quantum experiments in a helpful way.

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I have a blue Brazilian sheepherder hat that I could pull out for just such an occasion. Also a Batgirl mask. Wearing both together might help amplify @Cheetah's quantum experiments in a helpful way.

Now I really want to see that :lol: 

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

11 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

*Charges in fresh from the Monk guild*

BAR FIIIIIIGHT!!!

barfight.jpg

No no no, I'm out; never enter a barfight against a monk!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Jarric steps into the guildhall, a smile curling across his lips as he sees the gathered Rangers, old and new, excitedly anticipating the challenges of the year ahead.

Pint of the black stuff, barkeep, he says, redundantly, as a glass of ebony coloured stout is already being pushed across the bar towards him. With the drink the barman also hands over a letter, with the name "Jarric" in large, elaborate letters on the front. Opening it, he finds an interesting message inside:

Congratulations Jarric!

You are hereby appointed "Director of Ranger Hospitality".

Enjoy your new title.

His smile broadening in to a wide grin, he realises there's only one thing to do in a situation like this. Standing, he turns to the room at large and in a loud voice calls out Next round's on me Rangers, get 'em while they're cold!

===

In all seriousness, who changed my title? @tanktimus the encourager was that you? I love it anyway!

• Like 11

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

===

In all seriousness, who changed my title? @tanktimus the encourager was that you? I love it anyway!

It may or may not have had something to do with you providing shelter to three inebriated Rangers who shall remain nameless.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

Everyone knows the best way to enter a

is to take off and throw a fancy hat! exploding fancy hats are even better!

B3BBCA4B-A470-49AD-8C6A-77BBCA4B0A00.gif

• Like 2

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

Cheetah saunters into the Hall, wearing a cheery grin and a fancy hat. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Bker slides into the new guildhall, taking in the new decor and new smells.  He quietly hangs his cloak on the rack as Bertrand pours a fresh cup of coffee for him.  "Fresh and ready as always, Bertrand.  My thanks."

He smiles to his old friends, many of whom he hasn't seen in far too long.  As he glances around, he notices some new faces as well and grins to see that recruiting is going well as he makes the rounds saying hello to many of those he has missed for so long.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:14 AM, iatetheyeti said:

I'll have all the coffee you've got, Bertrand, please and thank you, I am in dire need.

...working in retail non-stop through this end of the festive season is not so much fun. Coffee helps maintain the sanity!

Food service is not much better around the holidays...  One thing I do not miss about them not having the restaurant finished rebuilding yet (although progress is finally being made.)

22 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

The small Ranger who enters the Guildhall is known to many there, but she looks off-balance with her blonde hair cut short and rumpled around her jaw, and her cardinal-red uniform vest and cloak look stiff, new, and uncomfortable. She hesitates in the doorway as the unfamiliar smells of the new hall strike her nose, but when she sees her dear friends clinking glasses and mugs and taking shelter from the inclement weather, her pose eases and she crosses the room to take a place at a side table. 

"Hello Sky," the barkeep greets her warmly as he slides her favorite toffee nut coffee in front of her and drops a spoonful of cream into it. "How is it out there?"

"Not bad for December," she replies, curling her fingers around the thick ceramic mug and gratefully accepting its warmth.

"You mean January." He grins as he wipes his hands on his apron, eyes twinkling. "It's a new year, Sky."

The small Ranger lifts her gaze and an expression of joy spreads across her face like a light. "It is, isn't it?" She lifts the mug to her lips and looks out the window at the moonlight streaming softly into the woods around the hall. The barkeep watches knowingly as memories flicker across her face, sometimes light, sometimes dark, but as the chimes of the tall old clock begin to sound, she lifts the mug to her lips with a determined face.

"This is going to be a good year." 

"Yes, it is Sky.  The new uniform looks good on you, congratulations on it."

22 hours ago, jedi_mind said:

A new Ranger comes in from the cold. He's been with the newbies, the druids, but never a ranger before. But strength and endurance are on his mind, as is recovering from a year of healthcare issues.

The new ranger in question has been up in a cabin, isolated, raising a 1 yo baby boy. That crash course into fatherhood is why he needs to lose 30 lbs and practicr jogging from scratch again.

"Welcome to the Rangers, Jedi_mind.  You have indeed found a place where we DO ALL THE THINGS (in moderation as many of us struggle to learn LOL)  DO ALL THE THINGS is good, DO ALL THE THINGS ALL THE TIME, however, is not sustainable as many of us have learned the hard way, myself included.

• Like 3

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

3 hours ago, bker1370 said:

"Yes, it is Sky.  The new uniform looks good on you, congratulations on it."

"Thanks so much, B'ker, it's amazing to see you as always. You're looking fine yourself!"

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It may or may not have had something to do with you providing shelter to three inebriated Rangers who shall remain nameless.

tenor.gif?itemid=9806579

Let's not forget also providing a very snuggly Pizza. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You know I thought it might! Thank you for that anyway; I was unreasonably happy when I spotted it.

• Like 4

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

A Ranger long thought lost wonders into the Hall. He smiles at the bar fight before quietly sitting at a table near a wall out of the way of exploding hats.

A shot of scotch and horn of mead appears at his table. Without looking up he takes up the Scotch and with a quiet "I am home" drains the shotglass.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

6 minutes ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

"I am home" 

Cheetah tips his fancy hat to you.

• Like 3

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill