Ye New & Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Whilst humming a jaunty tune, Cheetah doffs his fancy hat with a flourish.  From within the hat he withdraws a smallish metaly box.  The box is sparkly and has blinky lights.  Cheetah dons his fancy hat once more and sets the metaly box on the bar.  Seating himself upon a bar stool, Cheetah fishes a sonic screwdriver from his inside coat pocket.  He points the sonic at the box.  The sonic hums.  Cheetah hums.  The sparkly metaly blinky box begins to hum, too......

Does it go "ding" when there's stuff?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

familiar

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If only it were so simple.

Cheetah sets down the sonic.  He reaches into another pocket and pulls out a rubber banana.  He sets that on the bar and from another pocket pulls out what may once have been a small 2-stroke side-draft carburetor.  He sets that on the bar and from yet another pocket pulls out a paperclip.  "That's the ticket!" he says with a smile.  Holding the sparkly blinky metaly humming box in one hand, he uses his other and and his teeth to straighten one end of the paperclip.  He then inserts the straightened end into the blinky metaly sparkly box and gives it a vigorous jiggle.  Upon receiving this treatment, the humming coming from the box increases slightly in pitch and decreases slightly in volume.  Cheetah looks perplexed for a moment.  Then he shrugs and says, "Close enough!" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Shaar watches Cheetah from across the room.  "What a weirdo," she mutters, as she quietly continues dressing her 6 foot tall video game lizard in a variety of fancy and impractical outfits.

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I knew that box looked familiar!

Hide contents

latest?cb=20160204114708

Fun fact: When I was a kid (11?  12?) we used to get catalogs for puzzles, like, regular puzzles and those wooden 3d ones and stuff, and there was a replica of this sucker where one side slid open and you could store treasures in it, and I had it for like 15 years until I moved and lost it....

MAN I MISS MY HELLBOX

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Happy Friday, Rangers!!  Go forth and have a most epic of weekends, my dudes, dudettes, and duderinos!!

Check it out for your daily dose of positivity.

• Like 4

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And is the “stuff” pizza?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Cheetah once again removes his fancy hat from his head.  He slides the sparkly blinky metaly humming box into the hat.  There is a soft but audible click.  Cheetah puts the hat back on.  You suddenly realize that not only is Cheetah's hat very fancy, it's totally perfect.  No other hat could be more appropriate for this time and place.  If asked later, you wouldn't be able to say exactly what the hat was, only that it was just exactly right.  You feel so good about Cheetah's hat, you start to feel pretty good about Cheetah, too.  Cheetah is an all-right dude.  You can trust Cheetah.  Cheetah is your friend.....

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Cheetah once again removes his fancy hat from his head.  He slides the sparkly blinky metaly humming box into the hat.  There is a soft but audible click.  Cheetah puts the hat back on.  You suddenly realize that not only is Cheetah's hat very fancy, it's totally perfect.  No other hat could be more appropriate for this time and place.  If asked later, you wouldn't be able to say exactly what the hat was, only that it was just exactly right.  You feel so good about Cheetah's hat, you start to feel pretty good about Cheetah, too.  Cheetah is an all-right dude.  You can trust Cheetah.  Cheetah is your friend.....

it's a soda ( or other beverage-of-choice ) hat isn't it
a gandalf-themed soda hat
with cheetah ears :)

• Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

2 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

it's a soda ( or other beverage-of-choice ) hat isn't it
a gandalf-themed soda hat
with cheetah ears :)

Whatever makes you feel happy.  :-)

KBO. - Churchill

16 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Whatever makes you feel happy.  :-)

That is the magic of the hat after all, isn't it?  Everyone sees the perfect hat, no matter how they define that.  Although actually sounds like something that would be standard issue around here LOL.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Thom looks over at Cheetah, "Nice hat."

Turning back to his drink Thom quietly mutters to himself, "I think it is time for a wee dram or three. I am too old for glamours."

Face brightening Thom looks over at his good friend T2SarahConnor, "Another round and another tune gorgeous?" Pouring two shots of the good whiskey from the bottle as he speaks.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

51 minutes ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Thom looks over at Cheetah, "Nice hat."

Turning back to his drink Thom quietly mutters to himself, "I think it is time for a wee dram or three. I am too old for glamours."

Face brightening Thom looks over at his good friend T2SarahConnor, "Another round and another tune gorgeous?" Pouring two shots of the good whiskey from the bottle as he speaks.

My turn to buy.

• Like 3

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

My turn to buy.

ACADACA!!!

You touching my inner bogan, gorgeous.

98d089c8feba61fc723ba6f0e52633e8.jpg

• Like 4

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nova hesitantly steps over the threshold and into the room. Her curious eyes flit over the faces of her new companions. She stands still, trying to decide if she should try to understand why people are talking about hats or if she should retreat into the shadows of some quiet corner. 

Uh, hello, I am Nova. After over a year of wandering and adventuring, I have decided it is time for a change of pace. I am joining the Rangers this challenge. I look forward to getting to know you all. 

• Like 8

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

33 minutes ago, Nova Aquarii said:

Nova hesitantly steps over the threshold and into the room. Her curious eyes flit over the faces of her new companions. She stands still, trying to decide if she should try to understand why people are talking about hats or if she should retreat into the shadows of some quiet corner. 

Uh, hello, I am Nova. After over a year of wandering and adventuring, I have decided it is time for a change of pace. I am joining the Rangers this challenge. I look forward to getting to know you all. 

Welcome Nova! It's best not to ask about the hats... it's a long story! Grab a drink and pull up a chair - there's plenty of corners and alcoves to choose from, but equally there's plenty of space by the fire!

• Like 2

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

38 minutes ago, Nova Aquarii said:

Welcome! And I still don't understand about the hats.  I just quietly don my explosion-proof cloak when I see them.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

18 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Welcome! And I still don't understand about the hats.  I just quietly don my explosion-proof cloak when I see them.

It has to do with quantum.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

46 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

7W1c5V0.gif

• Like 5

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I just quietly don my explosion-proof cloak

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It has to do with quantum.

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

7W1c5V0.gif

...I am perhaps less prepared than I thought, haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice): Level 1

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 12 || INT 15 || WIS 15 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

Week 1's entry and feats for the mini-challenge is up!

It's still not too late to sign up.  Feel free to join in the story at any point throughout the Challenge.  Follow your fellow Rangers and other Guildies into a new adventure.  Who is the Old Stranger?  What is the story behind this mysterious relic from the Fat East?  Why can't the old codger deal with the matter himself? 

Many surprises await!  B)

• Like 7

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

5 hours ago, Nova Aquarii said:

That's ok, even those of us who live here are never as prepared as we thought (especially when crazy shenanigans start LOL).

• Like 5

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

What is there to be prepared for? Rangers doing odd things? Been gone for a couple of years but that is still normal for the Ranger Guild Hall. Ranger brain is another normal and familiar thing. Roleplay writing is still happening.

So ya know situation normal, strange as frog* (anger management class for the other f word).

Of course I am an Aussie, and we are pretty chill about being surrounded by things that can kill you as soon as look at you. Fancy hats is nought compared to dunny seats with teeth.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Of course I am an Aussie, and we are pretty chill about being surrounded by things that can kill you as soon as look at you. Fancy hats is nought compared to dunny seats with teeth.

A quote from Terry Pratchett's Discworld, in which the continent XXXX is a stand in for Austraila:

when Death requested a book about the dangerous creatures of XXXX from his library, he was subsequently hit by a large pile of books consisting of the various volumes of "Dangerous Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Birds, Fish, Jellyfish, Insects, Spiders, Crustaceans, Grasses, Trees, Mosses and Lichens of Terror Incognita", the total books going up to Volume 29C Part 3, while a request for information about the harmless creatures merely produced a note saying "Some of the sheep". 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Current Challenge