Ye New & Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

Rurik Harrgath

Stribs walks in after months of wandering the forest, looking quite bedraggled and a bit pudgier than usual.  Sticks and twigs are tangled in her hair and her clothes are muddy and threadbare.  She looks around, and while it is not exactly how she remembers, it feels like home.  "Stupid wagon," she mutters, walking up to the bar, "Where the hell are you."

• Like 9

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Good to see you @Stribs!

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Dragonwolf shakes the snow off her cloak as she enters and hangs it by the fire. @Thom Ulfhedinn's presence catches her senses with a vague sense of a kindred spirit, even among the Rangers. She spares only a glance before reaching the bar, where her favorite mead awaits. Eyeing the bar fight and @Cheetah's fancy hats, she decides the best place is at the bar, away from all of....that.

Tell us about your real-life character.

Wait..you mean people's listed character isn't their real-life one? Have I been doing it wrong?!

Okay, so I'm not elven of any sort, of course, but I am, more or less, a Ranger in real life, and my professions do, in fact, include herbalism and (software) engineering. And yes, I do carry the title of "The Hammer," which I earned from being the local hammer-toss champion of a local event. I also own the aforementioned cloak and do go bowhunting. I even plan to get the shiny new lifetime hunting license my state has started offering, so it's one less thing to worry about when I get the chances to go out.

I am the jack-of-all-trades, master of some. I've gained a few levels in two different martial arts schools, I know some yoga, and have practiced bellydance. I also make soap and do a fair bit of tending to garden plants. I also love camping and my hammock stuff is a permanent fixture in my car, so I never have to worry about packing it. I'm also privileged to have a good friend who owns a campground on the border of the National Forest, so I can go there and Be A Ranger.

More often than not, my video game characters are equipped with a bow and if not a bow, then a sniper rifle. Unless they're shapeshift-capable Druids. Sometimes, it's a Druid with a bow.

• Like 5

Dragonwolf, The Hammer

Human/Wood-elf Wolf-Hearted Ranger

Herbalist, Skinner, Engineer

Character Sheet, Battle Log, Current challenge: The Road to Recovery

May Eir help me keep my health; may Ullr and Skadi guide my arrows to their mark;  may Thor give me the strength to protect myself from those who wish me harm; and may Odin help me find the order in the chaos of this world.

For those Rangers in the Northern hemisphere, remember to take a minute tonight to enjoy the Blood Wolf Supermoon!

• Like 6

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 1/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

For those Rangers in the Northern hemisphere, remember to take a minute tonight to enjoy the Blood Wolf Supermoon!

It was very pretty.  :-)

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:55 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

We saw it for a little bit before the clouds covered it

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I can't be the only one who thought this would make for a great band name or at least album title...

Blood Wolf Supermoon is the name of my Simon & Garfunkle cover band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill