TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

5 minutes ago, Pride said:

Can "waking up at the desired hour without hitting the snooze" be a thing?

I like this! I'll add "Don't hit snooze on the alarm" to the list

8 minutes ago, Pride said:

It would be interesting to create a Discord server for this challenge,

I'm more of a Slack person myself, but feel free to setup whatever you want :)  I'll only add whatever is posted here in this thread to the scoring table for the challenge though.

9 minutes ago, Pride said:

is quite odd but I find writing here in forum in some way uncomfortable 

You only have three posts so far - you'll get used to it! :) 

Not sure, everyday life movement? Daily movement? Everyday movement?

So how is this going to work in practice?  Is the task going to be selected at random from the list and then everyone does that same task for the given week?  Or does everyone just roll their own dice each week and take whatever task comes up?  Or is it everyone picks their own task they want to work on for that week? 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

My original plan (for myself) was to use random.org to pick one every week :)

If I understand that right, you can pick one you like (or roll the dice or whatever) and also @Tobbe is picking one for the week to do for all. But I think the ToDo of the week is optional?

E: But what if Tobbe picks one that I already did? Hmmmm.

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

My original plan (for myself) was to use random.org to pick one every week

Hadn't heard of random.org before. If you just google "random number generator" google will give you one right there on the search page :) 

What I'd like is something that could give us a random number every week between 1 and however many tasks we end up with. And of course not the same number twice. And I'd like a link that anyone could click, and for each week anyone clicking on that link should get the same number.

1 minute ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Tobbe (Sweden) is 7 hours ahead of me on the clock, but I thought it would be interesting to set my own clock 7 hours forward and live in his time zone for a full day. It doesn't have to be put on the list but it sounds like an interesting concept to me. 

Hah, that's a fun concept :D Do it, and let us know how it goes! :) 

• Like 1

Can't we make a todo list like 5 numbers per week? 

3 that we can choose and 2 random. These 3 will be things that we care particularly and we do quite often( rising up early, attend to a martial art class etc). 

Or can we do everything from the list, while there will be one task per week that gives more points? Just asking :D

Also, the Discord server would serve as motivation in real time, you know to ask if someone is doing ok, how things are going etc to add some comradery. Maybe I played wow too much :P

Also, we might use an excel spreadsheet, as previously mentioned to track the points. Seems like a good solution to me 

12 hours ago, Tobbe said:

You only have three posts so far - you'll get used to it! :) 

This is why I have only 3 posts so far xD

On 12/29/2018 at 6:15 PM, Tobbe said:

What I'd like is something that could give us a random number every week between 1 and however many tasks we end up with. And of course not the same number twice. And I'd like a link that anyone could click, and for each week anyone clicking on that link should get the same number.

Found a solution to this! :) 

I'll use this link: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=200&min=1&max=200&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.<seed>

Every week I will take the number of views this challenge thread has at that point in time and use that as the "<seed>" in the link above. Doing that I will get 200 random numbers. Out of those numbers I'll pick the first number that we haven't used before. That will be the next TODO that will give you extra points :) 

If, for whatever reason, I'm not able to pick a new random TODO anyone else can follow the same procedure and post the result here in the thread.

The reason I'm using the number of views for this thread is that I wanted a number that was out of my control, and that we could all see. It's not perfect. I could visit the thread a few times, to change the number. So if someone has a better idea of what seed to use for the random number generator I'm all ears :) 

• Like 1

Count me in! Thanks for taking leadership on this and getting it done. :)

On 12/29/2018 at 10:31 AM, Tobbe said:

"Don't hit snooze on the alarm"

Ooooh! I'd totally ace that one: don't hit snooze, stay asleep, done. ^^

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

18 minutes ago, Jean said:

Count me in! 

Yay! This is going to be great! :) 

18 minutes ago, Jean said:

Ooooh! I'd totally ace that one: don't hit snooze, stay asleep, done. ^^

Hah, if that's what you want to do, feel free! Looking forward to the vlog about it, to hear how miserable your sleep was with the alarm blasting away in the background :P 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Looking forward to the vlog about it, to hear how miserable your sleep was with the alarm blasting away in the background :P

Actually, I've tried setting up an alarm several times recently (I wanted to get out of bed super early but was super tired too). I couldn't hear it. I've checked and it works, and since the little alarm clock was still showing on the screen (dumbphone alarm), I hadn't set it off, so it should have rung. I imagine I just didn't hear it and it went on ringing until it no longer did. I may have hit snooze, though, so that wouldn't count as a win (but since getting up early is the purpose, staying in bed however how wouldn't be a win xD).

I'd have to buy one of these fancy "Wildlife camera" for the vlog too soo... I'll probably give it a pass, get up and take a picture. :)

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

1st of January and time to draw the first TODO task that will earn everyone extra points :D

This thread currently has 248 views, so the link I'll use to generate random numbers is: 

https://www.random.org/integers/?num=200&min=1&max=200&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.248

And the fist number is:

And task number 56 in the list is

Write something in computer code

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So just to remind everyone how this will work I'll quote the rules

On 12/27/2018 at 2:52 PM, Tobbe said:

Tell us what you've done - 1 point

Write about what you did (at least 50 words) - 2 points

Post a photo of what you did - 2 points

Post a video of what you did - 3 points

Post a video where you show and tell us what you did (vlog) - 5 points

Completing the "TODO of the week" - 5 points

So post "I made this: <link to code>" and you'll get six points; 1 for telling us what you did this week, and 5 for completing the selected "TODO of the week".

Post "I customized a pair of shoes: <photo of shoes> <link to vlog about how you created a pair of Galaxy shoes>" and you'll get eight points; 1 for telling us what you did, 2 for posting a photo of what you did, and finally 5 for posting a vlog about what you did.

• Like 2