TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

Oh my loooord, I never can talk 7 minutes about something :D

If you have any questions, ask me, then I know what to talk about! :D:D:D

@TobbeThis house that one can rent, do you know how much it costs and where one can rent it?

You have a lot of Germans there, haven't you? :D

Maybe I'll visit this year. Searching for a vacation place for a long weekend at the moment.

Ok. You wanted it like this!

Arkania uncut!

(The vlog tomorrow may be edited, but not this one!)

Pure Arkania!

(And nothing to talk about :D )

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Arkania said:

@TobbeThis house that one can rent, do you know how much it costs and where one can rent it?

Information about who to contact, auf Deutsch, in PM :)  But nothing will be cheaper than staying at my place ;) 

You have a lot of Germans there, haven't you? :D

Yes! :) 

Maybe I'll visit this year. Searching for a vacation place for a long weekend at the moment.

Please do. Anywhere in Sweden will be great I'm sure! :) 

7 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

You did great! I laughed a bit :D 

That was neeeeever my intention ;):D

@Rubik'sCatRemember, it's for the whole year, so you've got plenty of time to catch up. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Task #1: Borrow a book from the library, finish it during the week.

I'd like to post this right now so I don't have to post it later. I checked this book out on Sunday (1/6) and I burned through 132 pages out of 210 in about 3 hours. I loved it and I'm going to finish it soon. It's about a man that moves to Puerto Rico with his wife because she was relocated because of work. The man wants to go kite surfing on the beach but sees a dog that's almost dead on the beach. He brings it back to life and soon he has over 70 dogs he takes care of on the Puerto Rico beach because they have no homes. The men and women and high class resort hotels are all trying to kill the dogs because they're bad for business but when this man starts to take care of the dogs and show them love, then the natives and gangs start to target and try to kill him. The man joins up with others and begins to find homes for some of the dogs so they can be shipped to the United States. That's as far as I've gotten so far but like I said, I'm going to finish it.

Capture1.PNG.cf1d8a50e5ed3b3828ca6280601cb159.PNG

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Good one, Arkania. This is a lot harder than I initially thought. I'm so far behind in points that I need to vlog about something...why did I sign up for this? 

Since this is such a long running challenge I think it's going to be more important to stay with it and be consistent with completing the tasks every week than doing a sprint in the beginning :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Task #1: Borrow a book from the library, finish it during the week.

I'd like to post this right now so I don't have to post it later. I checked this book out on Sunday (1/6) and I burned through 132 pages out of 210 in about 3 hours. I loved it and I'm going to finish it soon. It's about a man that moves to Puerto Rico with his wife because she was relocated because of work. The man wants to go kite surfing on the beach but sees a dog that's almost dead on the beach. He brings it back to life and soon he has over 70 dogs he takes care of on the Puerto Rico beach because they have no homes. The men and women and high class resort hotels are all trying to kill the dogs because they're bad for business but when this man starts to take care of the dogs and show them love, then the natives and gangs start to target and try to kill him. The man joins up with others and begins to find homes for some of the dogs so they can be shipped to the United States. That's as far as I've gotten so far but like I said, I'm going to finish it.

Capture1.PNG.cf1d8a50e5ed3b3828ca6280601cb159.PNG

Sounds like a nice book :)  Let us know when you finish it and you'll get points for the completed task! (If you do it within a week)

16 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Did a quick google research about what (free) video editing program to use, and ended up choosing OpenShot. It was very easy to work with, so I can recommend it to anyone else who doesn't yet already have a favorite

Thank you for the suggestion.  I want to learn how to edit my videos so I was doing some initial research on editing tools, but have not decided yet.

16 hours ago, Tobbe said:

And, finally, here's the actual vlog!

Holy crap, you have no neighbors!!!  You could literally go weeks without seeing another person...  I cannot even imagine what that would be like.  You will see what the opposite situation is like when I upload my vlog :P 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Holy crap, you have no neighbors!!!  You could literally go weeks without seeing another person...  I cannot even imagine what that would be like.  You will see what the opposite situation is like when I upload my vlog :P 

And since I work 100% from home I do live a pretty isolated life during the weeks. But I love it :) And we have a pretty active social life on the weekend :) 

Ok, change of plans. Actually I wanted to vlog about my task for this week and talk about Ghee and stuff.
But I don't think I will use it this week since there is a lot of other stuff to cook before the Kitchari.

BUT I was at the burger restaurant for lunch and they had yuca fries. (I didn't want to vlog while eating there ;)).

And because I have very little time for everything this week, there will just be a picture and some text (so @Rubik'sCat time for you to rise and shine :D )

IMG_20190109_121020_1.thumb.jpg.feb8ba4c48f32c468cd9099c50ac37a3.jpg

As you can see, a great burger (boar patty with rosemary mushrooms, parmesan, cheddar, red onions, cranberry-chili-mayonnaise) and the yuca/maniok fries.

Never have eaten them before. They taste like.... nothing :D Very thick crust so they are very crispy and inside it's like flavourless fibrous mashed potatoes. They were very filling so I was more than full after half the poortion I would have in normal fries. Not sure if I would choose them again because of their flavourlessness (word?!).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Arkania said:

They taste like.... nothing :D Very thick crust so they are very crispy and inside it's like flavourless fibrous mashed potatoes.

That sounds like the sweet potato fries they have here.  They look good, but are actually really, really bland.

That burger looks boss, tho...

Also,

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

talk about Ghee

I didn't know about ghee until after I learned about it here at NF :) 

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

5 hours ago, Arkania said:

yuca

Had to google what that was. Immediately recognized it when I saw it though. I call it "cassava". 

I've eaten it boiled, with caramelized onions and garlic butter :) 

20170526_113140.jpg.a8fac658d317e1abb0dd63a25df5f585.jpg

20170526_113137.jpg.25bae000a19a65339dba65ac66217a28.jpg

We also dipped fried plantains in the same garlic butter Yummy Had it on a food tasting tour in Miami, FL in a Cuban restaurant :) 

5 hours ago, Arkania said:

And because I have very little time for everything this week, there will just be a picture and some text

You'll get points for "51. Buy a food you've never eaten before" :) 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

You'll get points for "51. Buy a food you've never eaten before" :) 

And hopefully also for this weeks task :D

I finally got my PVP filmed and uploaded.  Internet was really slow so it took me more than 5 hours to get it uploaded.  Someday I will learn how to edit videos, but in the meantime you guys are stuck just listening to my stream of consciousness rambling.  I was actually expecting the park to be a lot more crowded so you all could get a feel for what it is normally like here, but for some reason today the park was almost deserted.  Anyway, I hope you like seeing what the park is like where I usually go to work out.

• Like 7

Level 2 Ninja

@WhiteGhost You, sir, are amazing! The camera angle, the volume and tone of your voice, it was perfect. Thanks for the tour!

Are you living in Beijing right now or is it some kind of long holiday trip? You seem really at ease, wandering around filming yourself among all these people, training in the open... congrats!

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I finally got my PVP filmed and uploaded.  Internet was really slow so it took me more than 5 hours to get it uploaded.  Someday I will learn how to edit videos, but in the meantime you guys are stuck just listening to my stream of consciousness rambling.  I was actually expecting the park to be a lot more crowded so you all could get a feel for what it is normally like here, but for some reason today the park was almost deserted.  Anyway, I hope you like seeing what the park is like where I usually go to work out.

so cool to see all the people out doing all sorts of exercise. And yay for the 82 year old guy. I want to be like that.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I finally got my PVP filmed and uploaded. 

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

so cool to see all the people out doing all sorts of exercise. And yay for the 82 year old guy. I want to be like that.

I agree with Elastigirl! We don't have anything like that where I live. Nice to see all those older-looking people out moving. Looks so healthy :)  Are those payed classes, or can anyone join who feels like it?