TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

On 1/15/2019 at 2:31 PM, Tobbe said:

We had that at the last place I worked. You could get a back/shoulder/back of neck massage once every two weeks. It was very relaxing :)  Kind of miss it...

It hurts! Still!

My back is so tense it was really hurting. But now, 4hrs later it's amazing <3 Normally it's like: 10 mins ouch! and then 10 mins aaaaaaaaah!. But since I wasn't for a massage for forever, it was ouch the whole 20mins. And the physio just pressed her fingers in every tension I had. And that were a lot. Also I still was sore from bouldering on monday. So no sleeping for me while she was kneading my back.

I think I will do this every week or every two weeks. I've spent 18€ worse for other stuff.

• Like 2
On 1/14/2019 at 10:45 PM, Tobbe said:

Morning Walk

Talking to myself

Opening up my mind to fleeing thoughts

Before the sun has come up

Before anyone else is awake

Enjoying my morning walk

So the same day I wrote this poem I also took a photo and recorded a vlog.

20190114_074355.jpg.c3ace623ddb066a345fd108585c7066e.jpg

Haven't had time to edit the vlog yet. Will do it before end of Sunday though :) 

• Like 1

The redness, the sticky red color

Staining the carpet, the mess I've made

The tool of this mayhem left from my hands

The terror in their eyes

The terror now in mine

Help will soon arrive 

They'll take the fallen away 

I can never turn back time

This mistake too expensive

My strawberry milkshake

Spilled all over the floor 

They offer no refunds

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

The redness, the sticky red color

Staining the carpet, the mess I've made

The tool of this mayhem left from my hands

The terror in their eyes

The terror now in mine

Help will soon arrive 

They'll take the fallen away 

I can never turn back time

This mistake too expensive

My strawberry milkshake

Spilled all over the floor 

They offer no refunds

Haha, good one! Rolling on the Floor Laughing

The grains of sand slide

shadows lengthen and hide

the darkness has come

and feelings grow numb

enter the night

to wait for the light

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Before this week is over I wanted to write a proper post for my entry/contribution to this week's TODO challenge. I wrote the poem early in the week, but haven't done a full, proper, post about it.

I knew from the start I wanted to write/vlog about my morning walks in some way, but didn't know how to attack it. So I vlogged while walking, trying to figure out what to write my poem about, and how to structure it. For me, the default is to try to come up with something that rhymes, but I suck at that :( Especially in English! In the evening, when I helped my boys with their homework they complained about the writing assignment they had. I told them that my "assignment" this week was to write a poem, trying to make them feel better. I got a very unexpected response from my oldest son. "That's so easy", he said. Why don't you just write a "name poem"? I had no idea what that was, so he told me to just write my name vertically and then start each sentence with that letter from my name. That was so much easier than trying to come up with something that rhymes :) Thanks, son!

pvp_poem.jpg.a01e5989c2a0e5998390c756d0103f5c.jpg

• Like 4

It's past midnight here, so it's Monday already, and that means a new week, and a new TODO!

TODO of the week:

Consciously allow yourself something that would do you good but for which you are usually too stingy or too busy

The details:

Views: 1757

Link: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=200&min=1&max=200&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.1757

Randomized number: (198) (191) 34

Task: Consciously allow yourself something that would do you good but for which you are usually too stingy or too busy

As you can see I got two numbers that I didn't use (198 and 191). That's because we don't have that many TODOs to choose from. The first number in the list that I could use was 34, so that's the TODO for this week. Next week I'll use a different link, one that only gives me random numbers up to 98, which is how many tasks we have. Now, it still might give me a number I can't use (one that has previously been selected already). But at least it'll be more likely that I can use the number it generates first in the list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Great poem. Is there a hidden meaning/story behind it? 

Yes, it has a couple of layers of meaning.

On the surface, it is purely about time.  I noticed that it was already 11:30pm on Sunday night and I was running out of time to write my poem.

The deeper focus for the poem was my mom, who is not expected to live more than a couple more days.  She has been fighting a losing battle against cancer for the last 5 years, and it has slowly spread throughout her entire body. As the end draws nigh and her body starts to shut down, she has started to lose not only her physical senses but also her cognitive funtions.

However, my religious tradition holds that there is not only an afterlife but also the continuity of familial relationships, so although there is sadness of her leaving us there is also the brightness of hope that she will soon be reunited with her parents and her son who died as an infant, as well as all of her other relatives who will be there on the other side.

• Like 2

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Wow, I'm sorry you're having to go through that. I wish there was something I could tell you or do for you that would ease the stress you're feeling about that situation, but I'll be here to listen, so will all of us. But it sounds like you've got a bright outlook, that you know you'll see her again on the other side, that's definitely important. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Next week I'll use a different link

Random.org allows you to set whatever number you want as the high and low ends of the range, just fill in the values in the widget in the top right hand corner.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yes, it has a couple of layers of meaning.

On the surface, it is purely about time.  I noticed that it was already 11:30pm on Sunday night and I was running out of time to write my poem.

The deeper focus for the poem was my mom, who is not expected to live more than a couple more days.  She has been fighting a losing battle against cancer for the last 5 years, and it has slowly spread throughout her entire body. As the end draws nigh and her body starts to shut down, she has started to lose not only her physical senses but also her cognitive funtions.

However, my religious tradition holds that there is not only an afterlife but also the continuity of familial relationships, so although there is sadness of her leaving us there is also the brightness of hope that she will soon be reunited with her parents and her son who died as an infant, as well as all of her other relatives who will be there on the other side.

*hugs*

• Thanks 1

I find this weeks task really hard. Have to think about it.

My personal task: Complete 5 NF quests

Here's my poem...

Circle of Dread

Quiver
My stomach quivers in apprehension. I wish it would stop.

Stop
I can't make it stop, I've lost the control.

Control
I have no control on the fate of my family.  I can only sit and wait.

Wait
I must wait until the afternoon for answers. I am wanting to sleep.

Sleep
I yearn to sleep and wake up to this not being real.

Real
I try to hold on to what's real but the realm of possibilities is unending.

Unending
I fight but the waves of unending panic rush through and I quiver.

Quiver...

Poem post - My son got in trouble in school and he goes to a private school so we weren't sure what the outcome would be. I couldn't sleep or eat and the poem was written from where I was at that moment. They are letting him stay under strict probation. I believe he can do it and grow from this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Task #2 Go to an animal shelter and pet an animal.

Okay, it actually worked this time when I copied and pasted the link!

This sweetheart was wearing a red bandana around her neck (1st time I've seen that). As soon as I opened the door to the room she got up and wanted my lap to sit in. When I didn't offer it to her at first, she stood on her hind legs and leaned into me. I got the message after that. She was heavy too! She didn't look overweight but she felt like the type that could easily throw her weight around if she wanted to. The other two cat rooms had 2 hyperactive kittens and the other had an adult cat that didn't feel like interacting with humans. 

20190121_115108(0).thumb.jpg.dd40f13465637c0c9094cb6b15590dbe.jpg

I also spent some time with 2 dogs. The first was too shy, but he still asked me to pet him when he nudged me and put his paw on my leg multiple times. He was nice. The other dog was way too hyperactive, like a six-year old on a sugar high, he didn't pay much attention to me.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Can this TO-DO challenge apply to studying something, going to a class or visiting some location? As long as it's something that gets me outside of my comfort zone it's okay? 

Anything that makes you spend time and/or money on yourself, for your own good :)  If you usually never take time for yourself to go for a walk, but you know it really does you good. Then going for a walk is absolutely valid :)  Or go visit a place that brings back lots of happy memories. Or go to a class and learn something you've always wanted to learn, but never did :)  Lots of flexibility here!

My first random number this week was 19, but I don't have a problem saying yes when I'm asked to do something so I chose another number and got 10 - send a postcard to someone. I've hadthis set of postcards for at least 10 years so I used one to send to a friend who lost her daughter a year ago to cancer. I also sent a sympathy card to past co worker who lost her dad last week. One of my goals this year I've previously done is write 2 letters a week to people and I haven't started it yet so this challenge happening this week was perfect timing to kickstart me getting it going. 2ae19403b8a326cb6f406e1a147b2984.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, jmk said:

I've hadthis set of postcards for at least 10 years so I used one to send to a friend who lost her daughter a year ago to cancer. I also sent a sympathy card to past co worker who lost her dad last week.

This! This is exactly the things I was hoping this whole TODO challenge thing would inspire people to do! :wub: Sending those cards are so thoughtful of you :) Even if just a tiny bit, you've made the world a better place by sending them - bringing some joy and happiness to the recipients!

1 hour ago, jmk said:

this challenge happening this week was perfect timing to kickstart me getting it going.

This is also great :) 

• Like 2

Finally got around to updating the scores for last week (when we were supposed to write a poem)

Player Completed week 1 (10p) Completed week 2 (10p) Completed week 3 (10p) Text (2p) Photo (2p) Video (3p) Vlog (5p) Random (5p) Star Total score
Rubik'sCat 62 61 1 90 4 1 1   90 90 4 62 69
Arkania 56 1 90 51 4 18 1 51 18 51   90 56 90 4   88
JulietKitsch 95     95 95         14
WhiteGhost 56 90 4 56 90     90 56 90 4   54
Jean 56   4 56       56 4 4 32
Tobbe 56 90 4 56 90 4 56 90 4   56 90 4 56 90 4 56 72
jmk 63 59 51 4 63 63 59 51     4   53
Doe 56             56   15
BardicGarlic   3 4 3       4   27

@Arkania completed #18 - Get a massage this week, and wrote a bit about the experience :)  12 points for that!

The following players completed the randomly selected task for the week: @Jean @BardicGarlic @jmk @Tobbe @Rubik'sCat @WhiteGhost @Arkania A gold star was rewarded to @Jean for finishing the challenge in record time. 40 minutes after it was announced he had written a great poem! @Tobbe got some extra points for posting both a photo, a vlog, and a text about the poem.

• Like 1