TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

On 1/21/2019 at 11:09 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Random.org allows you to set whatever number you want as the high and low ends of the range, just fill in the values in the widget in the top right hand corner.

Yeah, I know. I've got it set to 200 right now, I'll just lower it to 98, which is the actual number of tasks we've got :) 

Yay! Thanks for keeping the record and for the star. :)

I'll make this one quick: I don't usually allow myself to drop pressure and not worry about following topics to which I have participated. I've done it this week (for example, here, but also in quite a few different threads) and I'll get back to doing it right now.

Keep being awesome and take care, you guys and gals rock. :)

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Yay! Thanks for keeping the record and for the star. [emoji4]

I'll make this one quick: I don't usually allow myself to drop pressure and not worry about following topics to which I have participated. I've done it this week (for example, here, but also in quite a few different threads) and I'll get back to doing it right now.

Keep being awesome and take care, you guys and gals rock. [emoji4]
My first couple challenges I was obsessed with following and commenting on everyone's thread that was in my pvp or commented on my thread. It became overwhelming and I felt like I was letting people down. So now I've gone the other was where I'll post my challenge and then disappear by week 3 even though I'm still doing it. I'm really trying this round to post more often, check in on people when I can and find some balance of not too much but not too little.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, jmk said:

So now I've gone the other was where I'll post my challenge and then disappear by week 3 even though I'm still doing it.

This is totally what I've done too :( Haven't posted in my challenge thread in ages :(  And I'm still behind in my battle log too. It just takes so much time! It's also just easy to not update your own threads. I mean, it doesn't affect anyone else. I feel much more of an obligation to keep on top of everything that's going on here in the PvP thread since all you other people are here doing all this with me. With everyone! :) 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:50 PM, Tobbe said:

How are you doing with this? Any progress?

I did 5 NF quests this week:

General DOMS

What are you confident in?

What inspires you?
Clean out your pantry

Pack your lunch

And for the PVP task:
I went swimming. As I said I had a weekend with a lot of friends and we were at Center Parcs where we rented some houses. And I went swimming with some of the friends. Normally I don't have time to go to a public swimming pool to just splash around.

Since I just got home and am very tired, no more text this time :)

Consciously allow yourself something that would do you good but for which you are usually too stingy or too busy

I've treated myself to two things this week

Survival class

I've booked an eight day long survival class this summer. I'm so excited! Really looking forward to all the things I'll learn. It's going to be a challenge, especially physically. We're going to have to survive on what we can find. Last year all they managed to get was one single fish that they all had to share, with some plants and berries! I'm going with my brother, and an unknown number of other random people of all ages. I've been wanting to do this class for three years with my brother, but this is the first year both of us could take the time off and actually do it.

This is the schedule

Saturday

15:15 Gathering, bunk picking, general orientation/getting to know the area

17:00 Dinner

18:00 What is survival?

19:30 Socializing

Sunday

AM: Emergency equipment, water purification

12:00 Lunch

PM: Fire and physiology

Evening: Orienteering and transportation/movement. Own studies

Monday

AM: Plants

PM: Own studies, hygiene and self-care

Evening: Shelter, emergency signaling

Tuesday

AM: Hunting and fishing

Tuesday PM -> Friday PM

Outdoor survival

Friday

Evening: Dinner, review, evaluation

Saturday

AM: Breakfast, class finish up, home travel at about 10:30

On top of that it'll take me and my brother two days to drive to and from the location where the class is held, so we'll leave Friday and come back home Sunday more than a week later.

I'm mostly looking forward to learn how to make a fire and learn about what plants are edible. And of course those days in the woods. They'll be tough. We're going to have to build shelters, move/walk a lot, and we'll have to do it without a lot of food. It's going to be a mental and physical challenge, but that's what I like :)  

Here are some photos from past years

37053432_10217131465225637_8386020234959519744_o.thumb.jpg.07ff51e1c47f0604a235f3d330d4566f.jpg

36786352_10156174889870358_8612784084302692352_o.thumb.jpg.ab7bfe9b639fac5541ab39ca6a8386e1.jpg

19748720_10155298394505479_5570037002542671955_n.jpg.6db939dd8ccf8d3423fb2f5f69e60da6.jpg

19748918_10155294389545479_8267240906177526347_n.jpg.71da37a625c548db8469fef0cfe5cabb.jpg

19702073_10155294389285479_5479152158325231606_n.jpg.8fa747c94dc43b47349b8779fc48cf63.jpg

Movies

I very rarely go to the movies, but this week I went to see Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse with my oldest son. Popcorn, soda, candy - the full experience :) My son got a gift card for any movie he wanted from one of his friends for his birthday. When I asked if he wanted to use it and come with me to the movies he got super happy! He was so stoked :D He told me that he just the day before had watched the news on TV where they had talked about the movie we were going to watch. Apparently it was nominated for an Oscar for best animated movie. And it was really good! We both enjoyed ourselves immensely :)  Some good action, some laughs, a decent story and some embarrassing moments - it had it all!

And you know what's one of the perks of living in a smaller town?

20190125_144436.jpg.17e5b79b04e482b0047a4b7d00d77735.jpg

Private movie screenings! :D We had the entire theater for ourselves Thumbs Up

I did actually treat myself to one more thing this week. I wanted to vlog about that, but didn't have time for it (i.e. didn't prioritize it enough). I'll try to do it tomorrow, before I close the window for submissions for this week's task.

• Like 3

@tobbe that is awesome! Is the movie in English?

I too did two things. I journaled a couple times this week and I went to a movie by myself yesterday. I saw Serenity. It's scifi but with Matthew McConaughey naked butt shots made it great! [emoji1787] I'm not necessarily a scifi movie watcher because I am very black and white, don't like non logical things but I cried and was happy so it was ok. My family hates watching things with me because I judge accuracy and they tell me to just watch and enjoy it. If it's scifi I get it but in dramas, the story line should be as close to reality as possible. I actually turned off a police show the other day because it was so off how something would really happen. One of my many quirks!

Current Challenge

I feel much more of an obligation to keep on top of everything that's going on here in the PvP thread since all you other people are here doing all this with me. With everyone! [emoji4] 

Please don't ever feel stressed about anything here. I'm sure I speak for others when I say we appreciate all your work, but you won't let us down if you don't have time to update the scores regularly or even get us the weekly challenge. I am loving this team!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

11 minutes ago, jmk said:

Please don't ever feel stressed about anything here. I'm sure I speak for others when I say we appreciate all your work, but you won't let us down if you don't have time to update the scores regularly or even get us the weekly challenge. I am loving this team!

:wub: Thank you

New challenge!

Say something nice to someone I don't like

This is TODO #23. This thread had 2042 views when I generated the list of random numbers to pick the task for the week. I've also updated the link I use to generate the random numbers to only generate numbers between 1 and 98 (inclusive). So if you want to check my work, this is the link I used :) https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.2042

Have fun with this week's task!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, jmk said:

@tobbe that is awesome! Is the movie in English?

No, it was dubbed, so everyone spoke Swedish. Most foreign movies are subtitled instead of dubbed, but this one was actually all in Swedish. What they do sometimes with movies that are ment for kids are that they have different screenings, some with the original voices and Swedish subtitles, and some screenings with a dubbed version of the movie. My son can't read fast enough yet to watch subtitled movies. But he's getting there! He can keep up when the sentences are short, but have to focus too much on the text when the subtitles are longer that he doesn't have time to watch the actual movie. Give it another year though and he'll be able to do it :) 

I too did two things. I journaled a couple times this week and I went to a movie by myself yesterday. I saw Serenity. It's scifi but with Matthew McConaughey naked butt shots made it great! emoji1787.png

Thanks for the short review. I enjoy scifi, but my wife doesn't. But the butt might make it worth it for her as well :D 

One of my many quirks!

We should all love our quirks! It's what makes us who we are Love Eyes

• Like 1

I did the thing for this week by upgrading our hotel reservation from the cheapest room where we all needti share a bed, to a bigger room with a king size bed for Ghostess and I and a double bed for Ghostlet.  Normally we try and save money on these trips, but for this one we decided to splurge a little and went for a more comfortable room.

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

8 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Perfect timing.

I had a not so nice-conversation with someone at another forum but as last message I wish her all the best for her future life and with her goals.

My task for this week:

Take a week to consciously take time to concern yourself with something that bothers you about yourself

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

I'm not going to lie. This one is going to be tough for me. I don't usually meet many people I don't like. Don't even engage in many heated debates online...

How do I find unpleasant people to be nice to?

I'm in the same boat. Some of my supervisors might piss me off every now and then, but the next day or next hour I'm back to normal emotionally speaking. Congress makes me angry and I don't like them, but unfortunately I have to complete this challenge in person. 

I wish I could dive more into this challenge and my own for that matter but my new job has been consuming my life.

1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

Have you decided yet what exactly you're going to work on?

Why I'm so "bossy" (self-opinionated) sometimes. And why I always want to convince people of the "right" thing.
And why it makes me sick sometimes when people have a different opinion. And why "wrong" opinions make me so angry (and by that I mean something like reptiloid or anti-vaxxers).

On 1/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, Tobbe said:

It just takes so much time! It's also just easy to not update your own threads. I mean, it doesn't affect anyone else.

Yup. The true question being "does it affect you or not?" :)

Also:

19 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Survival class

That's awesome! I'd be jealous if I allowed myself the feeling. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback on that, if you feel like sharing any at the time.

Also, also:

1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

That is a very difficult one for me. The only person I can think of is my father and then, I don't see what nice thing I could say ("Hey! You've put on a clean T-shirt today, for once! Way to go man, you rock!"). It's an interesting bit of work on myself it's leading to, let's see how it goes.

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

It may seem small but I let myself go out 3 nights in a row with my friends and co-workers. 

I'm always trying to get my bf to spend more quality time but it usually just leads to me staying home alone or leaving the fun when he has last minute schedule change.  (Or it's last minute to me) 

• Like 2

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

I didn't have a Wednesday this week (I took off on Tuesday morning and landed Wednesday night, so I am going to make a call and include last Sunday into this week.  My ulterior motive for this is because I am not going to run into any people I don't like or even struggle with, but I did on Sunday and had to dig really, really deep into my patience reserves not to get very upset with both of them.  

I was in town for my mom's funeral and a couple of my brother's kids (both of whom are teenagers and on the autism spectrum) completely lost it at church, so I had to bring them home early and then deal with them to keep them from killing each other (not literally).  I don't dislike either kid, but having to deal with them was really, really tough, and I really wanted to throttle them at various points during the "conversation".  In the end I was able to steer the conversation to something they both have interest in and was able get some very nice things into the discussion.

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11