TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

My task for this week is: Listen to a new song

So, any recommendations? :D

28 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

@Arkania Up for some music in Swedish?

Raubtier, nice :D A german word. And I am sorry but

Spoiler

sometimes the singer sounds like a parody of Hitler :D

And there are some words that sound like german.

But altogether it sounds really nice and it reminds me of all the scandinavian bands and songs I listened to when I was younger.

Just googled the lyrics and translated it via google (unfortunately there is no swedish on the deepl website) and there are some swedish words that sound and look like german ones (or vice versa) and also words I could deduce.

Just googled it and found this:

From the Urgermanic, which was spoken about 500 BC to 200 AD, the West Germanic (today: German, English, Dutch), the East Germanic (Gothic, today extinct) and the North Germanic developed. The oldest level of North Germanic is Urnordic, which was spoken during the Migration Period. From this the Old Nordian finally developed at the time of the Vikings. The Old Norse again split into the dialect groups Old West and Old East Norse. The Old Swedish, together with the Old Danish and the Old Manor Niche (spoken in Gotland), belongs to the Altostnordic.

The Swedes distinguish the following stages of development for their language:

1st Runen Swedish (Runsvenska, ca. 800-1225)
2nd Classical Old Swedish (Klassisk fornsvenska, ca. 1225-1375)
3 Younger Old Swedish (Yngre fornsvenska, ca. 1375-1526)
4. older New Swedish (Äldre nysvenska, ca. 1526-1732)
5 Younger New Swedish (Yngre nysvenska, 1732-1900)
6. today's Swedish (Nusvenska, since 1900)

https://www.schwedenstube.de/schwedisch-herkunft/

So maybe instead of french I will learn swedish. Sounds like it would be easier for a german like me :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Arkania said:

So maybe instead of french I will learn swedish. Sounds like it would be easier for a german like me :D

We have to take German in school. And yeah, it's not too bad. So I guess that'd work the other way around too :)  If I ever learn another language it will probably be German (because I already understand some), or Spanish (because it's such a common language)

On 1/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tobbe said:

Have you decided yet what exactly you're going to work on?

On 1/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, Arkania said:

Why I'm so "bossy" (self-opinionated) sometimes. And why I always want to convince people of the "right" thing.
And why it makes me sick sometimes when people have a different opinion. And why "wrong" opinions make me so angry (and by that I mean something like reptiloid or anti-vaxxers).

Did you complete this task?

On 1/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tobbe said:

I'm not going to lie. This one is going to be tough for me. I don't usually meet many people I don't like. Don't even engage in many heated debates online...

As I expected I didn't meet anyone I don't like, so no opportunity to do this task. 

And it seems most of you struggled with this task as well. If I got it right only @Arkania and @WhiteGhost completed the task.  (Please let me know if I forgot someone)

This is the stats right now

Player Completed week 1 (10p) Completed week 2 (10p) Completed week 3 (10p) Completed week 4 (10p) Completed week 5 (10p) Text (2p) Photo (2p) Video (3p) Vlog (5p) Random (5p) Star Total score
Rubik'sCat 62 61 1 90 4 2   1 2 1 2 2 90 90 4 62 86
Arkania 56 1 90 51 4 18 34 91 23 35 1 51 18 34 51   90 56 90 4 34 23   140
JulietKitsch 95         95 95         14
WhiteGhost 56 90 4 34 23 56 90 34 23     90 56 90 4 34 23   88
Jean 56   4 34   56 34       56 4 34 4 49
Tobbe 56 90 4 34   56 90 4 34 56 90 4 34 34 56 90 4 34 56 90 4 34 56 99
jmk 63 59 51 4 10 34 23 63 10 34 23 63 59 51 10     4 34 23   101
Doe 56     34   34       56 34   32
BardicGarlic   3 4     3       4   27

And as always, please double check my calculations

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Did you complete this task?

Sorry, I thought I already posted it.

Yes I did. I have to think about that from time to time. I have no complete conclusion but there are some things I found out.

Some feedback before taking my bow.

I won't count that as a win but I called my father and we've had a chat together. Just casual everyday stuff was told, so no specific nice thing said but it's still nice to see we can still have a talk and have some nice time out of it.

That being said, my stress level just went up by quite a few amount and I need more peace of mind than added pressure right now so, I'll stop doing this challenge. Have fun, everybody, you seem to be doing quite well!

@WhiteGhost: Condolences and congrats on handling the kids in this situation (were you probably had other things on your mind). Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

20 hours ago, Jean said:

I won't count that as a win but I called my father and we've had a chat together. Just casual everyday stuff was told, so no specific nice thing said but it's still nice to see we can still have a talk and have some nice time out of it.

That being said, my stress level just went up by quite a few amount and I need more peace of mind than added pressure right now so, I'll stop doing this challenge. Have fun, everybody, you seem to be doing quite well!

@WhiteGhost: Condolences and congrats on handling the kids in this situation (were you probably had other things on your mind). Take care.

I hope you feel better in the near future. I've enjoyed getting to know you.

3 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

So how is everyone doing with this week's task of giving your significant other or best friend a massage?

My plan is to give my wife a massage this weekend :wub:

I'm going to skip this week's challenge. I don't like this selection because: a. Ive never been married and b. I don't have anyone to give a massage to (I just don't like touching in general to be honest even if I did have a partner). I'll wait until a new one comes out.

14 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

I'm going to skip this week's challenge. I don't like this selection because: a. Ive never been married and b. I don't have anyone to give a massage to (I just don't like touching in general to be honest even if I did have a partner). I'll wait until a new one comes out.

Fair enough :)  I skipped last week's challenge because I didn't have anyone I don't like to say nice things to!

On 2/5/2019 at 4:08 PM, Jean said:

I'm sorry to see you not here, but hope you will come back!

50 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Why don't you give yourself a foot massage? I'd say that counts!

• Haha 1

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Sorry for the late post.  I went to our annual Superbowl party and asked my sister in law how her trip was.  I also talked to her a couple times.  I know this sounds harsh, but she is very judgmental and ignorant so it's best not to get her started on anything because she is usually wrong while saying inappropriate things in front of my kids.  It's not just me, there are others in the family that feel this way and fortunately my kids are old enough to realize it, but the sad part is they just look around and laugh at her behind her back.  I still demand them to be respectful to her though. I didn't do any additional tasks last week.

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

14 minutes ago, jmk said:

Sorry for the late post.  I went to our annual Superbowl party and asked my sister in law how her trip was.  I also talked to her a couple times.  I know this sounds harsh, but she is very judgmental and ignorant so it's best not to get her started on anything because she is usually wrong while saying inappropriate things in front of my kids.  It's not just me, there are others in the family that feel this way and fortunately my kids are old enough to realize it, but the sad part is they just look around and laugh at her behind her back.  I still demand them to be respectful to her though. I didn't do any additional tasks last week.

No need to be sorry, I was way late with my updates too. I'll update your score :) 

• Like 1