TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

On 2/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, Tobbe said:

So happy to hear from you @Arkania! And nice of you to bake for your colleagues :)  

Did you complete the Yoga quests, or did you just pick the ones you're going to do?

I now did all of the upgrades.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2019 at 5:57 PM, Doe said:

- row 100m

- row 1 minute without stopping 

-10 lunges each leg

- 25 bodyweight squats in less than two minutes

-25 consecutive body weight squats

Had a pic of the rowing posted earlier.  

Did this just in time to pull my hamstring yesterday at dance practice.  On the bench for hopefully just a few days.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity

2 hours ago, Doe said:

-10 lunges each leg

- 25 bodyweight squats in less than two minutes

-25 consecutive body weight squats

Had a pic of the rowing posted earlier.  

Did this just in time to pull my hamstring yesterday at dance practice.  On the bench for hopefully just a few days.

Yay for completing the challenge! :)  Too bad about the hamstring :(  Here's to hoping for a fast recovery!

Finally posting about the massage challenge... 

I'll start with a really short vlog, just over a minute long

As I say in the vlog, I gave my wife a back massage, with proper massage oil.

This is the oil I used.

20190215_212256.jpg.d86a33f68ff5859882044a97beeb52fd.jpg

"Ringblomsolja" means Pot Marigold Oil. It's supposedly good for a various of things. From wikipedia: "Plant pharmacological studies have suggested that Calendula extracts may have anti-viral, anti-genotoxic, and anti-inflammatory properties". Not sure how much of that is still true for this oil though, as the "best before" label said 2017 something :D And as you can see, the bottle is pretty much full. That's how often I give my wife a massage :ambivalence: The intention was good when I gave her the oil...

• Like 1

Here are my five challenges I completed for the week. The handstand took a couple tries to get up as I was a little afraid and my daughter was laughing but I did it. Couldn't believe how sore my shoulders were the next day. The second picture is the Leaning Tower of Niles which is an exact replica of the one in Pisa but only 70'tall. My son & I went there this weekend. c4205c71524dddc06fba5daacf973cf4.jpg145bdeb940704a503859432df27dd301.jpg

• Like 1

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

2 hours ago, jmk said:

The second picture is the Leaning Tower of Niles which is an exact replica of the one in Pisa but only 70'tall. My son & I went there this weekend.

Hah! I was just going to ask if you lived in Pisa because of the photo, but now that I read the text more closely I see that's not the case :D Was going to say how I really wanted to visit Pisa, to see the tower. But Chicago isn't bad either. Really want to go there too! I've passed through once, but never stayed to explore the city.

Well done on the handstand! Strong

• Like 1

For this weeks challenge I chose: "go without caffeine for the week"

Since I have a gastritis (yay, stress....) that fits perfect.

It took me 8 random tries but I'm doing "try a me hobby" I've wanted to learn calligraphy and for Christmas might daughter gift me a book and markers to do it.

I felt bad skipping the random ones, but a couple ones I got were..

Take a walk outside and take pics of trees - not when it's 25 degrees outside and they all look the same covered in snow!

Help mom vacuum - she lives 5 hours away

Lube bike - I don't have a bike

Take the bus instead - I don't live near a bus line

Decorate a pair of shoes - not really my thing.

Hope you all have a productive week!

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

TODO challenge 7: Complete five Nerd Fitness quests

I copied @WhiteGhost's list of quests, except I had to pick something else instead of the elevated pushups since I had already completed that one. So I took one from @Arkania's list.

I did 50 bodyweight squats first, and filmed it. The plan was to "cheat" a bit, and count that as both 25 squats and 50 squats. But when I saw how bad my form was I decided to to another 25, where I go down deeper, and also try to keep my back more straight.

This video is a bit more edited than other videos I've done, with the workout shots at the end sped up in various degrees, from 2X to 8X. And I also muted them and added some music instead :)  More work, but also more fun :) 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

TODO challenge 7: Complete five Nerd Fitness quests

I copied @WhiteGhost's list of quests, except I had to pick something else instead of the elevated pushups since I had already completed that one. So I took one from @Arkania's list.

I did 50 bodyweight squats first, and filmed it. The plan was to "cheat" a bit, and count that as both 25 squats and 50 squats. But when I saw how bad my form was I decided to to another 25, where I go down deeper, and also try to keep my back more straight.

This video is a bit more edited than other videos I've done, with the workout shots at the end sped up in various degrees, from 2X to 8X. And I also muted them and added some music instead :)  More work, but also more fun :) 

Great! :D

With the music it looks like you had a lot of fun!

On 2/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, Tobbe said:

Challenge 8

2734 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.2734 -> #93

Go for a walk picking up at least five pieces of trash along the way and throwing in a garbage can

Ooh, tricky! The snow and ice are covering up most of the trash. But I may be able to find fresh trash where the garbage truck picks up. Hmmm......

38 minutes ago, juliebarkley said:

Ooh, tricky! The snow and ice are covering up most of the trash. But I may be able to find fresh trash where the garbage truck picks up. Hmmm......

Tricky for me too. I live in the middle of the woods. Not really anyone else out here to throw any trash around

Maybe if I ask my kids to spread some trash along the road. Then I can go pick it after :P 

25 minutes ago, Mike_KnightofHearts said:

I'm liking this challenge because I like doing vlogs of progress; however, I definitely don't have it in me to give my best friend a massage. He would hit me lol. I'll keep an eye out next week. 

The massage was two weeks ago! :)  This week's task is to take a walk and pick up five items of trash (and throw in the garbage bin)

On 2/19/2019 at 10:37 PM, Tobbe said:

Looking through the posts it looks like if @jmk was the only one to complete the "Massage" quest on time. Is that correct? 

(And only me who completed it, but too late)

Anyone else who wants any points for giving a massage?

I didnt have a pic but commented that Sunday night about a massage I gave my bf after his accident. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Instagram

"...You must always keep the star in your heart
shining strong to defeat the dark and evil souls." - Queen Serenity