TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

I can't do this weeks challenge either :)

But I did last weeks "people watching" when I was in Vienna. We sat in a café everyday and watched aaaaall the people.

Also I did the baking, I bake vegan Peanut butter cookes. They were great!

Recipe: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/11/secret-peanut-butter-cookies/

On 4/3/2019 at 8:50 PM, Arkania said:

I can't do this weeks challenge either :)

But I did last weeks "people watching" when I was in Vienna. We sat in a café everyday and watched aaaaall the people.

Also I did the baking, I bake vegan Peanut butter cookes. They were great!

Recipe: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/11/secret-peanut-butter-cookies/

This reminded me that I had once made one of her recipes as well. It was this one: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/04/04/flourless-blender-muffins-banana-vegan/ And so I wanted to make it again. Even bought all the ingredients (it was just the white beans I didn't already have at home). But then I ended up baking a banana bread with all our bananas instead of these muffins :P So, the muffins will have to wait until we have over ripe bananas again :D 

• Like 1
On 4/1/2019 at 4:10 PM, Tobbe said:

Challenge 14

3690 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.3690 -> #86

#86 Offer up your seat on the bus to someone else

The first randomized number this week was 8, same as last week. What are the odds? So I had to pick the second one, #86.

Did anyone end up doing this one? :) 

Challenge 15

3831 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.3831 -> #85

#85 Mount fire-alarms in your apartment (if you already have one in each room, make sure they all work, replacing any batteries that need replacing)

New week - new challenge! Super important one this week. Fire alarms are such a cheep life insurance Fire

• Like 1
On 4/3/2019 at 8:59 PM, Arkania said:

My task for the week is: Clean your desk at work

Done :)
Since I am really minimalistic there was not a lot to do.

36 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Did anyone end up doing this one? :) 

Nope.

31 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Challenge 15

3831 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.3831 -> #85

#85 Mount fire-alarms in your apartment (if you already have one in each room, make sure they all work, replacing any batteries that need replacing)

New week - new challenge! Super important one this week. Fire alarms are such a cheep life insurance Fire

Just read it, went through ours in the house and they are all perfectly fine!

On 4/8/2019 at 9:56 AM, Arkania said:

My personal pvp for this week will be:

Try out a new sport

I did it last week, it was crossfit:

"

The Crossfit training was really cool :wub:

The trainers pay a lot of attention to the correct technical execution of the exercises . The box is also quite small (sqm and members), but quite expensive (I understand why, the customer care is amazing).
First we had an hour of explanation and chit chat (so no principles, I know the exercises), then technique training. Go through all the exercises from the workout (my first time rowing and I love it!) and do them a few times and get corrected.

Then the workout:

13:06 min for:
500m row
40 air squats
30 sit ups
20 push ups (22kg rubber -> attached to the pull up bar and then around the hip, he finds knee supports stupid, I btw too)
10 pull ups (35kg rubber)

I have no idea at all whether this is good or not (apart from the fact that I haven't really done sports for 3 months now and I've also had a cold at the beginning of the week), but I still was shaking half an hour later :D And I was a bit dizzy afterwards. Next time: eat a lot more (+ carbs) before! Just had a very light meal 3 hours before. And drink a looot more. And I feel now, a few hours later, really nice cozy, after a hot shower and a coffee, similar to after 1,5h gym or 2h bouldering :D

I am hyped in any case!
The box is 8km away from me, so 10min car or 20min bike. I have heard directly from someone, with whom I could measure myself theoretically.
The trainer is also very enthusiastic. He says there is still a lot of potential. He already rejected some people because he didn't want them in the box. But we were on the same wavelength. He also said that instead of the trial month I could start right away, I wouldn't need to go to the basics course first like other newbies and he would recommend most people to come 2x a week, but I could also go directly to a 5x membership if I wanted to. Normally he doesn't offer anything like that to new customers. (That was balm for my soul :D )

I'll definitely do the trial month. But not until May, next week the tattoo has to be touched up."

• Like 1

Challenge 14

3690 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.3690 -> #86

#86 Offer up your seat on the bus to someone else

The first randomized number this week was 8, same as last week. What are the odds? So I had to pick the second one, #86.

I didn't do this one but I wanted to share that on a recent college visit my son was sitting two rows behind me on the shuttle bus because it was so full and another mom & daughter got on with no seats left. I heard my son offer his seat and he stood on the back. I was so proud of him as a 16 yr old but the poor guy is 6ft and had to hunch over the whole ride because the roof wasn't that high. I brag about this kid but on the same hand he's currently grounded for 2 weeks for being a stupid teenager!

I work at a local university so I am always picking up trash around campus but today I was very intentional about it thinking about the challenge from awhile ago. I would like to use this as my personal challenge for the week. We are also coming to the end of the semester so I'm very busy and been mia.

Is there a challenge for this week?

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

On 4/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, Tobbe said:

I checked our fire alarm and the batteries were in good working order

I did not offer a seat on public transportation, though.  I did avoid taking an available seat so someone else could have it, though, so maybe that counts?  

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I've also done the challenge for last week. And it was a good thing it came up too! One of our fire alarms was inadvertently tested one day while baking pizza at the max temperature of our oven :D  That reminded me of the challenge, so I went and tested the other fire alarms in our house. Turned out one of them didn't even hava a battery in it! I've since then installed a new battery! 

These are all old school regular fire alarms. We also have newer fire alarms that connects to our home burglar alarm. But I haven't yet come around to actually hooking them up :(  Too many projects, too little time...

20190417_214545.jpg.2016e3c90e401e6a35d76b7a6853c910.jpg

That's one of the newer, fancier, ones. I hope I some day actually can get around to complete the installation of them...

My personal PVP for this week: Make a small investment

And I already did it. I "invested" in someone and donated 100€ to her to pay for her uni. So I invested in her knowledge and now she ows me a favor.

• Like 2

Challenge 17

3988 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.3988 -> #44

#44 Make something I need instead of buying it (piece of clothing, tool, furniture, that card you're going to send to someone later in the year... you name it!)

Time for some DIY action :) 

• Like 3

Oh, for that I have something in mind.

My personal pvp for this week: Sell something you don't use anymore (again :D )

#44 Make something I need instead of buying it (piece of clothing, tool, furniture, that card you're going to send to someone later in the year... you name it!)

I did complete this on Monday already, but never posted about it. But now I do!

So my wife wanted to buy a picnic table for us to have out in the garden. Last year we used the table from our balcony, but it didn't do too well without the protection of the roof we have over our balcony. So she wanted something more durable that we could move around in the garden to wherever the sun is :)  

So, I decided to build a picnic table for her, instead of just buying one! :) I was hoping to save some money doing so, but I probably didn't. But at least we got a picnic table that was exactly the size, model and color that we wanted!

Unfortunately I didn't take as many progress photos as I thought I did. But here are a few

20190406_125123.jpg.34d0a7c5a5e6bdf7e7928870681da8de.jpg

20190422_122242.jpg.16d87d6163c64f710f7b36cf37449db2.jpg

20190421_142511.jpg.c1fadb1b8c51cfc494c11a6a99001fa8.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't make anything new, but Ghostess wanted to throw out some old shelves that didn't fit in the kitchen properly and buy some new ones.  Instead, I whipped out my power tools and made some adjustments so now the shelves fit exactly how she wanted them.  It wasn't really much work on my part, but I am going to count it for this challenge anyway :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

When I was in Sri Lanka in Dec 2017 I bought a bracelet. It was braided with a shark teeth on it (.... who knows).

Some weeks ago it fell off, because the fabric didn't like all the water and dry sun and sweat etc :D

So instead of buying a new one (didn't find a one I liked) I made myself one:
1934431435_WhatsAppImage2019-04-24at21_57_41.thumb.jpeg.dc3d780f80e35245ea828883945e8ec4.jpeg

For my personal pvp I sold two pairs of climbing shoes, a Fitbit and a fountain for cats.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It wasn't really much work on my part, but I am going to count it for this challenge anyway :) 

Totally! Well done :) 

17 hours ago, Arkania said:

So instead of buying a new one (didn't find a one I liked) I made myself one:

Perfect :)  Did you already have the thread, or did you have to go buy that?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

Perfect :)  Did you already have the thread, or did you have to go buy that?

I found it in the basement when I searched for knitting stuff for a friend.

The furniture looks great! I always wanted to do stuff like that :D

• Like 1