TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

10 hours ago, Tobbe said:

How do I do that without it being weird? Suggestions anyone? I don't even buy flowers for my wife...

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't even have any co-workers so I guess I will get something for a friend instead.  At least in that case it will be a little less awkward too :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/19/2019 at 11:23 PM, Tobbe said:

Challenge 21

4439 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.4439 -> #45

#45 Buy a flower/gift for a colleague

Hah, that was a big failure for all of us it seems! :D 

Better luck next challenge I guess :) 

Challenge 22

4622 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.4622 -> #1

#1 Borrow a book from the library, finish it during the week

Book Since I'm posting this challenge so late, I'll give us all this week, and next week as well, to finish the book. Any objections?

• Like 1

Last Friday I went to the library to pick up a book to read.

20190604_160926.jpg.5d807a1a3a91455c667431f82056bb96.jpg

I ended up going home with three books. One for me, and two for my sons. I figured I'd either let the boys pick a book they'd like to hear, and read it for them, or, if they didn't like any of the books, I'd read the one I picked for myself instead. But my wife went away with the boys on Friday, and didn't get back home until yesterday. So no reading done at all last week. So, good thing I decided to extend the deadline for the challenge! :) 

Has anyone else picked up a book to read yet?

• Like 1

I live almost across the street from the China National Library but I have never set foot inside.  I have no idea how I would even go about borrowing a book from there, but I think I will make an effort to at least go in and look around

• Like 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I live almost across the street from the China National Library but I have never set foot inside.  I have no idea how I would even go about borrowing a book from there, but I think I will make an effort to at least go in and look around

That's the spirit! Maybe you can check if there's an application form for a library card online

#1 Borrow a book from the library, finish it during the week

As I mentioned earlier, I got two books for the boys, and one book for me. They decided they wanted me to read a book for them. This is the book they chose

20190610_202057.thumb.jpg.a7a9de0a4259186595e96c0687b0b3e8.jpg

The title, translated to English, is "Siri does not travel to Japan". It's about a girl, named Siri, whose father left her and her mother before she was even born. He went to Japan to pursue a career in robotics. But now, he wants her to come to Japan so he can connect with her. 

For a kid's book it was alright, and the boys seemed to like it :)  We actually finished it in just two nights, so I was kind of hoping we'd be able to finish another book as well before the challenge was over. But that didn't happen because my oldest son went away on camp, and the other book I had borrowed from the library was probably more targeted to him than to my younger son.

Anyway, task completed! :) 

#75 Help your mom vacuuming her apartment/house

My mom's birthday was this past week, so I was already planning to go there. When this challenge came up I figured I'd combine that visit with helping her vacuum. But when we got to my parent's place she had already cleaned the house in preparation for the guests arriving. So instead of vacuuming I helped her fix her robotic lawn mower

husqvarna-automow-220_ac-hero-lg.jpg

I also made the side salad for dinner, so mom could spend time with her guests instead of spending time in the kitchen. And after people had finished eating I cleared the table and did all the dishes.

So no, I didn't help her with vacuuming. But I did help her with a lot of other things, and I could tell she really appreciated it. So I'm going to count this one as a win anyway! :) 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:18 AM, Tobbe said:

That's the spirit! Maybe you can check if there's an application form for a library card online

I actually did this.  I went online and researched about getting a library card there, but unfortunately it turns out that the National Library is different from other libraries in that you can't actually take any books out of it.  The way ti works is that you can apply for a pass to enter and look at certain books, with a different pass for different categories of books.  I didn't actually process the application, though.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:10 AM, Tobbe said:

#75 Help your mom vacuuming her apartment/house

My mom is no longer alive (and even when she was I was a 16 hour plane ride away).  We don't have any carpeted rooms, but I did sweep and mop one the rooms that we just cleared out last week as part of some reorganizing.  Maybe that counts?

On 6/10/2019 at 12:34 PM, Tobbe said:

#89 Try a new sport you've never tried before

I did this one

giphy.gif

Level 2 Ninja

On 6/10/2019 at 6:34 AM, Tobbe said:

#89 Try a new sport you've never tried before

I decided I wanted to try stick fighting (Arnis, also known as Kali or Eskrima, which are all Filipino Martial Arts). So I bought a broomstick, and some pipe insulation (kind of like pool noodles). And then I gathered up some extra supplies and tools I already had at home and made myself two practice sticks.

20190616_112728.jpg.ff87e545b88ce9468625c1df810194ea.jpg

20190616_120827.jpg.89ce4bdf164d804c4bcc38fba4f4af60.jpg

My youngest son was a great helping hand making the sticks, or "swords", as he likes to call them :)  

So of course he got to be the first to try them out with me!

After that my older son got to play as well

They both loved it, and kept fighting until they were both exhausted and all wet from sweating Fire

• Like 1

#68 Call or message a friend you have not talked with for a while

Just wrote an old friend. We went to school together for 10 years, until we both had to go do something else. We decided to meet next Friday for some talking and just updates on how our lives are going. She's one of the nicest people I've ever known, so I'm really happy that I finally get to see her again.

I also wrote another friend (my best friend throughout all of kindergarten), however, she hasn't answered yet.

• Like 1

Current challenge - 0.1

Challenges -