TODO 2019 PvP [Jan 1 - Dec 29]

27 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I gave it a listen too, but not my kind of music :)  So I had to go find something else! It's 10 pm Friday night, and I'm working. So I wanted something chill, flowy, without any vocals. After some clicking around on youtube, this is what I found. It's not the one I wanted to post actually (that would be this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEYvNsgZlM), but the video was too boring, so that's why I chose Note Saduaya - Patience Note instead

12 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

not my kind of music

Hehe, not my kind of music either.  I wanted to listen to it anyway just because I wanted to get some exposure to something new (which I thought of as kind of the point of this item).  

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

which I thought of as kind of the point of this item

Ohh, it totally is! And that's why I also listened to the song when you linked it :)  And both tunes I linked in my post are not what I usually listen to either. The one I didn't include the video for was played to me by a friend, and I liked it. But had never listened to that kind of music before

• Like 1

I listened to a lot of new songs last week, I was at 2 parties :D

This was one of them:

and this:

and this isn't even out yet: (45:32 - end)

Totally my kind of music :D

• Like 2

Already had this as a personal pvp and will skip it (andit also would be too late :D )

17 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Challenge 19

4244 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.4244 -> #29

#29 Go without caffeine for the week

Hmmm, I had caffeine yesterday morning before I saw this, so I guess I will just go through next week Monday to make a full week

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 5/5/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tobbe said:

Challenge 19

4244 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.4244 -> #29

On 5/6/2019 at 11:32 AM, Arkania said:

Already had this as a personal pvp and will skip it (andit also would be too late :D )

Yeah, I didn't know how to feel about this challenge when it came up :)  At first I was like hell no, f* this! 24 hour travel from Canada to Sweden with no tea or coke on the flight? Wasn't looking forward to that! But then I figured I'll just take one day at a time and we'll see what happens. And so far so good. I did survive the flight. Sparkling water and wine instead of tea and coke :)At home I've been drinking herbal teas/infusions instead of regular tea. And if I get too tired, I guess I'll just rest instead of going for the caffeine.

• Like 1
On 5/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, Tobbe said:

Challenge 19

This got challenging a few times but I got through it.   Normally my only caffeine consumption comes from my pre-workout but I managed to get through my workouts without it.  On Sunday we were out for pizza for Mother's Dayand I really wanted some Coke, but went with some fruit juice instead. 

Level 2 Ninja

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This got challenging a few times but I got through it.   Normally my only caffeine consumption comes from my pre-workout but I managed to get through my workouts without it.  On Sunday we were out for pizza for Mother's Dayand I really wanted some Coke, but went with some fruit juice instead. 

Way to go!

I'll do a little writeup of my own experience later today Book

On 5/13/2019 at 9:12 AM, Tobbe said:

later today Book

Right... :(

Anyway, here goes :D 

As I already wrote I got off to a better start than I could hope for with surviving my flight home on sparkling water and wine. When I got home I stocked up on some herbal teas. And between that, regular water and sparkling soda stream water I didn't have much problem getting through the work week. This past weekend I went to an amusement park with the family and some friends. That meant getting up really early, having breakfast on the road, and buying food at restaurants all weekend. For an early rise in particular I want a strong cup of black tea to wake me up. But none of that! And it was super cold too, so the warm tea would have been really nice. But since I couldn't have black tea I couldn't be arsed to drag a thermos with me with hot water... So I made do with plain water. And when eating out I just had water mostly, except one time when I had Sprite Zero.

20190514_101513.jpg.f2b9b440a8f9c8fab05cd255d296aa76.jpg

These are the teas I've been drinking. The left one is mint and nettle (ginger, rose hip, fennel and anise). The other boxes I'm sure you can read what's in them :) 

So, did anything good come out of this? Well, my body got a break from caffeine and theanine. And I drank much more water than I usually do. So that's good. And I found some pretty tasty teas to mix it up with. So, all in all, a great challenge Thumbs Up

• Like 1

Challenge 20

4357 views ->  https://www.random.org/integers/?num=98&min=1&max=98&col=10&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.4357 -> #88

#88 Sleep a night outdoors (tent, shelter, under the stars, etc)

First randomized number was 23, but we've already done that one, so had to go with the second number, which was #88 Book

• Like 1

Task completed :)  

20190516_233907.thumb.jpg.cbe7087a7b78369d86e0dc5b91cf67e9.jpg

sleepingbag_wet_morning.jpg.c13f8b785538eee239d5c80646392d17.jpg

Took my sleeping pad and sleeping bag out in my garden at about 11:30 (and asked my wife to come with me to take a photo ;)) The weather was good enough, at about 9C and no rain. But just before I fell asleep I could first hear small raindrops hitting my sleeping bag, and then I could feel them in my face. I started thinking about giving up and going indoors instead, but before I managed to reach a conclusion I was already asleep :D Woke up at about 3, needing to pee. My sleeping bag was dry, so I guess it must have stopped raining pretty soon after it started... I found a bush and did what nature called for, then I crawled back in to my sleeping bag. At about 6:30 I was awaken by rain hitting my face. It was already very bright outside, and I wasn't very tired, so I decided to take a photo of my raindrops covered sleeping bag, and then go inside to start my work day.

This was the first time sleeping under the stars with rain in the air. And it even did rain a little bit. And I was fine! :)  Wouldn't want to do it if I had to spend more than one night outdoors though, since I wouldn't be able to dry out the bag before the next night... But thanks to the overcast weather it never got cold, so that's a plus! 

The experience made me want to get a bivy sack. Something like the one below. (There's extra fabric to cover the face if it's raining)

2428280008_145196_png_zoom_15.jpg.83d47c74738a7f2ddccf9ef54fbb7cb4.jpg

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/ch/en/helium-bivy/p/2428280008222

All in all a great night that I hope to do soon again!

• Like 2

No thank you :D

Too cold and rainy and naaah.

Since it is a busy week and I am feeling not well, I decided to not do a personal pvp this week.

15 minutes ago, Arkania said:

No thank you :D

Too cold and rainy and naaah.

Since it is a busy week and I am feeling not well, I decided to not do a personal pvp this week.

You could find a balcony to sleep on (one with a roof). Or pitch a tent somewhere. And it's not too cold if you just put on some clothes and a warm cap :) 

8 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Anyone else planning to sleep outdoors?

Not going to happen for me.  I live too far from any place that would allow sleeping under the stars for it to be happen unless planned well in advance

Level 2 Ninja