Balthazar77 - Respawn log

I'm creating this thread to track my journey to achieving my big why. I'll be updating this thread with my respawn through the academy.

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel

Character  Instagram  Current fitness routine 4 week challenge log FitBit User profile

“If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.” Fred Devito

“Challenge yourself everyday to do better and be better. Remember, growth starts with a decision to move beyond your present circumstances.” Robert Tew

Following. This is a fun journey, I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

• Thanks 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

December 29, 2018

The holidays are over, yes, but I’m still on vacation. The temptations are all around me and I have no other alternatives. I can’t wait to get back to my own place and have a better control over things.

Today, while I am relaxing, I’m going to reread the mindset modules in the academy. I have a good mindset from before but since I am respawning, that means doing EVERTHING over again; I shouldn’t pick and choose what modules I do when. Picking and choosing modules and not following the academy modules iOS what caused the derailment and the need for the respawn. No cutting corners this time. I’m also going to do research outside of the academy (i.e. build a nutrition log to keep track calories and macros and plan my activity schedule) to get things prepared for my respawn on January 2, because January 1 I will be driving 10 hours and will need to eat what I can on the road, which means fast food and no real activity!!

• Like 2

Level 10 Rebel

Character  Instagram  Current fitness routine 4 week challenge log FitBit User profile

“Challenge yourself everyday to do better and be better. Remember, growth starts with a decision to move beyond your present circumstances.” Robert Tew

December 29th - part two

My respawn Big Why:

I am doing Nerd Fitness because I was diagnosed as prediabetic 2 years ago and I want to be healthy enough to live a long to be married for 30 years, I’m currently single, see my kids, of which I have none now, grow up, and have better self-esteem and self-worth.

• Like 2

Level 10 Rebel

December 29th, part three

Another mindset quest done, snap those before pictures.

• Like 3

Level 10 Rebel

December 30

Sleep - 7.5 hours

Breakfast - 32 oz of coffee, premade deli ham, bacon, american cheese, and egg sandwich from WaWa

Lunch - fasted but had Buffalo chicken dip, tostitos scoops as hours d’overes before dinner. I probably had too much because I fasted.

Dinner - Beef roast, twice baked potatoes, string beans, 2 12 oz. cans of Bud Light. My uncle made it.

Desert (before bed) - chocolate cake

Fitness: 2796 steps taken (1.28 mi), 1 flight of stairs, 3019 calories burned, 3 of 9 hours during the day with 250 steps per hour

Making my goal lists today and researching more on nutrition. I will be posting my goals. Also thinking of doing my first 4 week challenge as well. 

Level 10 Rebel

@Be.Baloo yes I saw. That is what inspired me to do mine.

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel

December 31 - last day of 2018

Sleep - 7 hours

Breakfast -  bowl of cherios and whole milk (only kind of milk my parents drink). However, I did not measure servincg size of either. I’m still on vacation.

Lunch - 6 Meatballs, 2 pieces of provolone cheese, 2 potato hamburger buns, diet coke.

Dinner - chicken stir fry with rice, water

Fitness - 

Didn’t make the goal lists yesterday because I got distracted by family, friends, and the tv. I wasn’t in the right mindset or enviroment to do them yesterday anyway. I wanted to maximize my time with family and friends since I live 7 to 800 miles away and I don’t get that many opportunities to see them. I will be starting the goals and planning when I am home in TN.

Edited food eaten yesterday and reflected on habits I need to change (eating past 10 PM, snacking for meals, not measuring serving sizes). I added yesterday’s steps taken too to begin tracking fitness. Also, making he conscious choice not to snack and drink alcohol tonight.

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel

January 1

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 multi grain English muffins, 3 pieces of scrapple, 32 oz of coffee with Splenda and cream

Lunch - Wendy's large French fries, double cheeseburger with cheese 

Today is my travel day. Nutrition and fitness are going to slide because of being on the car for 10 hours and needing to eat fast food because I couldn't prepare and eat meals on the road.

• Like 3

Level 10 Rebel

53 minutes ago, Balthazar77 said:

Today is my travel day. Nutrition and fitness are going to slide because of being on the car for 10 hours and needing to eat fast food because I couldn't prepare and eat meals on the road.

Have a nice travel and be strong when the time comes to get back on your feet. :)

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

January 2

Back to work today.

Sleep - 5.3 hours

Breakfast - 2 plain bagels with cream cheese and coffee

Fasted for lunch because I had too much work.

Dinner - half of a rotisserie chicken and salad.

Desert - 3 peanut butter cookies

Water - 99 oz.

Fitness - 9660 steps (4.41 miles, 3398 calories burned, 65 active minutes, 8 out of 9 daytime hrs with 250+ steps/hour)

I may have had more water but that’s all I could remember. 

• Like 4

Level 10 Rebel

January 4

Had a moment of weakness yesterday. Ate 2 bagels with cream cheese and a large (20 oz) white chocolate mocha latte for breakfast, worked through lunch, then had a veg out night. I had absolutely no activity and even inadvertently took a couple hour nap on the couch watching TV. When I woke up at 9:30/10:00 PM, I was VERY hungry. Given the hour and I hadn't gone food shopping this month, I succumbed to my desires and had a large Domino's pizza with sausage and extra cheese. I ate the WHOLE THING!! I continued my lethargy and watched TV and chatted online for hours after dinner. I finally crawled into bed around 2:00 AM, I think. 

My body didn't need much sleep because I woke up, unassisted by any alarms, at 6:00 AM. Decided to stay up. Ate some Scrapple for breakfast and had 32 oz of coffee with cream and Equal. Weighed myself and holiday eating and eating late at night has taken it's toll. I gained almost 4 pounds from last weigh in. I'm 280.4 now. It is what it is. Time to buckle down.

Level 10 Rebel

3 hours ago, Balthazar77 said:

Time to buckle down.

That's the spirit! Do you know what triggered your moment of weakness?

January 8

Work!!  WORK!!! WORK!! That is all I have done. As such, I haven't had the time or the energy to grocery shop or eat anything besides pizza and other fast foods. Since I stopped my food delivery program in July, I've gained 30 pounds back. I'm still 25-30 pounds down from my highest weight but I am upset and rather mad at myself for not keeping up with my nutrition. 

I have been averaging 8,000 steps per day. I am burning some calories at least. Today, I had 10,344 steps, totaling 4.72 miles and 3856 calories burned. I also had 8/9 hours during the work day with 250 or more steps an hour and 85 minutes of activity. I need to get back to the gym and get my butt in the grocery store to buy FRESH ingredients and start cooking for myself.

• Like 2

Level 10 Rebel

On 1/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jean said:

That's the spirit! Do you know what triggered your moment of weakness?

Stress and not having the time or energy to grocery shop. Just pure laziness really.

Level 10 Rebel

January 9

Work is very busy right now. My fitness can only be walking right now. I need to get my schedule in order and routine before I start back in the gym. Today, as of this post, I have 10, 543 steps, 4.82 miles walked, 3115 calories burned, climbed 22 flights of stairs, and had 80 minutes of activity.

• Like 3

Level 10 Rebel

January 11

I ended the work week with walking 10,000 or more steps 3 days of the week. That is a HUGE positive; one I hope to maintain. Also, need to drink more water. 130 ounces of water per day is a lot. To help, I will start to track water intake using my fitbit app and record the results here. Also downloaded a Body Tracker app. Still need to find time to get into the gym. Next week work should quiet down. Still haven't made my goals yet but I think I just found my first two goals. I am the type of person who walks 10,000 or more steps at least 3 days a week. I am the type of person who drinks half my body weight in ounces of water per day at least 3 times a week. I think these two goals are a great start.

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel

January 12

My 5 goals for the goal setting mindset quest are:

1. I am the type of person who walks 10,000 or more steps a day for 3 days per week.

2. I am the type of person who drinks half their body weight in ounces of water daily for 5 days per week.

3. I am the type of person who gets 7 hours of sleep per night during the work week.

4. I am the type of person who tracks their calorie intake, macros, and calorie output daily.

5. I am the type of person who spends 60 active minutes a day, according to my Fitbit's calculation, 4 days a week.

• Like 3

Level 10 Rebel

January 13

I spent some time expanding my goals to include manageable small goals today. Here is what I came up with:

I think I have my goals figured out for my respawn:

1. I am the type of person who walks 10,000 or more steps a day for 3 days per week.
a. I will walk 250 steps per hour during the day
b. I will always take the stairs
c. I will walk the campus after work to get to my goal.

2. I am the type of person who drinks half their body weight in ounces of water daily for 5 days per week.
a. I will use a 24 oz water bottle while at work
b. I will only drink water at meals
c. I will use Lose It to track my water intake

3. I am the type of person who gets 7 hours of sleep per night during the work week.
a. I will set a notification on my fitbit to alert me at 11:00 PM to go to bed and actually move to my bed
b. I will stop using all electronic devices at 10:30 PM
c. I will listen to the calm app to wind down once in bed.

4. I am the type of person who tracks their calorie intake, macros, and calorie output daily.
a. I will use Lose It to track foods I eat
b. If I bite it, I will write it.
c. I will diversify foods to achieve my desired levels of proteins, fats, and carbs

5. I am the type of person who spends 60 active minutes a day, according to my Fitbit's calculation, 7 days a week.
a. I will do a full body workout at planet fitness 3 days a week
b. I will walk the other 4 days a week, for an hour, on days I don't achieve 60 minutes of activity at work.

6. I am the type of person who does not measure success by the scale.

I think these are good goals. I like how none of the goals focuses on weight. I think this is why I needed to respawn. I was too focused on the numbers on the scale as a measure of progress. When I saw my weight gain after vacation this summer, I gave up.

Been tracking my water intake consistently this week. 

Also spent a lot of today making a meal plan fir the next 4 weeks.

My starting measurements are as follows:
Weight:  279.3 lbs
Neck: 19.5"
Chest: 46.5"
Biceps left: 15.5" (relaxed)
Biceps right: 14" (relaxed)
Waist: 48 1/2" (taken at the belly button)
Hips: 45.5"
Thigh left: 21"
Thigh right: 23"
Calf left: 18"
Calf right: 20.25"

Last night I went to bed at 10:32 PM and woke up at 7:33 AM but half of the time was on the couch and without my CPAP.

• Like 4

Level 10 Rebel

January 20

I haven't been keeping my battle log daily like I've wanted to. However, I do use Lose It to track my meals, calories, and macronutrients and Heavyset and fitbit to track my exercise and activity. I have been using each of those daily.

The first week of my true respawn is completed and I've lost 10 pounds. I say true because, even though I said I was going to start January 1, I really hadn't respawned until I made my revised goals to achieve my Big Why.

I've been under my calorie intake, because I've been too full, all week and I've tracked water and all meals every day. I find Journaling my food has helped me be accountable to myself. If I bite it, I write it. I shame myself when I have to write junk food or fast food on my journal. I've done it twice this week. Shame is probably too strong of a word to use. I do feel guilty eating a fast food meal or having milkshakes for desert, but when I write them down, I see trends and triggers that may explain why I wanted to eat that burger or have that milkshake. As NBC says to kids, the more you know.

I also hit my workout goals this week by going to the gym for 90 minutes on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. I'm going to try a Muscle and Fitness magazine, or it could be Men's Fitness magazine, 28 day workout routine to lose fat and build muscle tone. After the first month, I'll see how I like the workout and then decide if I'm going to repat it for another month or try a different workout program.

Today, I'm going to try to prep my meals for this coming week so it's easier to cook them and I'm eating on a better schedule. Also, I'm going to try a new vegetable in my salad at lunch today. I have a recipe that calls for roasted butternut squash and chicken salad. I've never eaten butternut squash before.

• Like 2

Level 10 Rebel

February 9

I haven't been keeping my battle log daily like I hoped to. However, I am still on my respawn and while I am not using the battle log as a form of self-accountability, I am using my phone and its apps to track some of my goals. Mainly, I am tracking my calories and macros through an app called LoseIt by writing down everything that I eat. Lose It also helps my keep track of my water intake.

The end of this week is the first month mark of my respawn and I will be completing the measurements quests and posting the results here. I am excited to see the difference, no matter how small.

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel

February 11

Chose to do my first 4 week challenge!! Posted in the level 1 new challengers group too!

• Like 1

Level 10 Rebel