Rangers Gonna Ranger: A New Year Means A New Adventure...

Rurik Harrgath

17 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Got to the gym today. So strength feat done.

Wish my gym was that empty this time of year!

13 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

OMG YOU GUYS, COURAGE FEAT PAID OFF! I got into the show choir!!!!!

WOOT!! Great job!!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

It has a lot to do with the time of day I go as well. I can get down around 8.30am. So I miss the early morning crowd and miss the gym bros that come down around 10.30am.

I share the gym with the workout mums that come in after getting their kids to school. The odd oldie turns up as well.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Agility :  defferred

courage : get annual physical (I don’t wanna)

strength :  can I count yeaterdays shoveling of the cursed snow?

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

3 hours ago, Rinna said:

As strength and cardio I believe! :lol:

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 1/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, RES said:

While I got some miles in this week there was nothing fast about them...I'll work on speed this week, as well as incorporating strength training, which I need to do anyway but I haven't...

not sure what my courage feat is going to be, requires more thought than my undercaffeinated brain can handle right now

Intervals were ran this week, strength training was done :D even if I hadn't done strength my trainer put me through the paces last night!

I never could come up with a courage feat, mostly because I couldn't think of anything requiring it that I had been putting off...unless it was telling the VP of sales yesterday that it was 'too late' to turn in another contract (I would have made it work, but I didn't want to! And I told her that :lol: )

Spoiler

16 hours ago, Rinna said:

Agility :  defferred

courage : get annual physical (I don’t wanna)

Agility : still deferred 

Courage : yearly physical is done.  Flu shot have been received, bloodwork and other labs pending

Strength :  done.  I’m counting the shoveling.  Esp since I actually used the shovel, not the blower.

• Like 3

-Björn Járnhamar

The interrogation was quick and fruitful. A direction to travel. A goal. That was all Radost needed to be up and running again, shadowing hoofbeats again, this time headed for the docks. More an information broker than a fighter, the thought of following these riders, the jingle and clank above the hoofbeats identifying them as armed and armoured, gave her serious pause. Things had gone badly before, and there hadn’t been as much on the line. Then again, there hadn’t been as much on the line, so she had been free to cut and run when things got hairy, never truly digging down to see what she was capable of. Legs and lungs burning, Radost put on a burst of speed. “I’ve got to beat them to the ship!”

F5B37E9F-D783-45BC-87E2-1D48784A9DEA.jpeg.a464ca41192dc0adb32e6f24ecdcb61b.jpeg

Courage feat: signed up for my first race. I went back and forth on this series versus the MEC series where I could get two  races for the same cost and closer to home, but...they’re closer to home and I can run those trails anytime. And the deciding factor: I hate running in the actual morning, so a race that starts after 10:30 beats out one that starts at 9 any day. 

Strength feat: picked up the heavier weights (which I had been using before I took my long break) for my non-bodyweight strength workout this week. Didn’t die from DOMS, which was a pleasant surprise! Also means I should probably put the lighter weights away. 

• Like 4

Strength feat progress:

a) 3 hot yoga classes over the weekend — It sounds so non badass but these classes are super vinyasa -y, guys!

b) after yesterday’s class, got inspired to swing the kettlebell around! 105 swings and about 25 upright rows. and totally feeling THAT today, so clearly the KBs work different muscles than yoga-flow?

c) after THAT, got inspired to sign up for campus rec (gym) membership for a month! So, going to do so today. With that nice tight timeframe I can set a sub challenge to myself to rock 4 weeks of one of the Strong Curves (because I am indeed all about that bass). What better way to kick off the week than twisting around trying to get a ‘before’ shot of my glutes... dignity, always dignity :P

• Like 3
2 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

Strength feat progress:

a) 3 hot yoga classes over the weekend — It sounds so non badass but these classes are super vinyasa -y, guys!

b) after yesterday’s class, got inspired to swing the kettlebell around! 105 swings and about 25 upright rows. and totally feeling THAT today, so clearly the KBs work different muscles than yoga-flow?

c) after THAT, got inspired to sign up for campus rec (gym) membership for a month! So, going to do so today. With that nice tight timeframe I can set a sub challenge to myself to rock 4 weeks of one of the Strong Curves (because I am indeed all about that bass). What better way to kick off the week than twisting around trying to get a ‘before’ shot of my glutes... dignity, always dignity :P

Would it be too awkward to ask a friend?  “Hey, could you take a pic of my butt, please?”  :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

-Björn Járnhamar

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

Would it be too awkward to ask a friend?  “Hey, could you take a pic of my butt, please?”  :P 

Speaking from personal experience you have to be very selective with which friends you're asking :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

3 minutes ago, deftona said:

Speaking from personal experience you have to be very selective with which friends you're asking :D 

I could see that.  But, in my defense,  I was imagining a fully clothed butt.  Not a nekkid one.   :D 

-Björn Járnhamar

4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I could see that.  But, in my defense,  I was imagining a fully clothed butt.  Not a nekkid one.   :D 

That's probably where I'm going wrong to be fair. 

• Haha 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 12/28/2018 at 2:07 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Week 4:

Climbing from the waters below or racing down the cobblestone thoroughfare, it’s too late.  Dark-clad and swaddled in cloaks you witness the riders swarm the docks and hear the clamor of victory.  Shouts ring out and swords and spears are thrust toward the sky.  Hoof beats strike the dock lumber as the horses react to the obvious mirth of their masters.  One man among all others, a hulking behemoth of a man who nearly looks comical atop his mount, holds an eerily glowing object over his head.  As you stare at it you detect an otherworldly presence piercing your mind and a shiver spreads across even your clothed flesh.  Whatever that ancient relic is, it is not meant for men such as this and cannot be allowed to reach Duke Kragen.

And yet you cannot face the cadre of riders alone.  Whether you dove into the dark waters or raced through Garen’s Gate to intercept the Duke’s horsemen, I regret to inform you that we have failed… some prophecies are meandering, twisted things, but I say Fate is a construct of our own making and the Ranger Corps has not endured millennia just to lay down to play dead at the slightest misfortune.  Nor shall we fail at the twilight before gloom’s fall.

Return now to the Leaky Tankard and inform the Old Stranger of what has come to pass.  Steel your nerves against despair and bolster your Constitution for this final Feat of the January Challenge.  Recover your health, your stamina, and eat hearty – for we Rangers shall amass our Great Company and march for the Capital, hoping against tidings most dire that we can shield Princess Claire against Kragen’s machinations and prevent a coup d’etat that will rock the land.

We have reached the end of this mini-challenge, my friends; sadly I must inform you we have failed... for now.  But all is not lost.  Complete your Constitution Feat (boost your health with a health potion, Level Up your life with a new achievement, or grind out your Stamina points through an accomplishment of great fortitude).  Now is also the time to wrap up those prior Feats throughout the challenge.

Next mini-challenge we shall amass the Great Companies of the Rangers and march forth in all our strength of arms to alert the child Princess. 

In this, we truly cannot afford to fail.  Prepare yourselves!

• Like 7

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

My constitution feat is heading off to my first weekend workshop of my Life Coaching Diploma.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

2 of 3 agility feats done.  I think the constitution feat is gonna be some self care.  I haven’t been sleeping very well.....

• Like 2

-Björn Járnhamar

The night had been a difficult one, drawing deeper on Radost's resources than any foray in a long time.  If what the Old Stranger said was correct, what she had witnessed here in Garen's Gate bespoke many more such nights to come.  The sky was beginning to grey with dawn as she made her way back to the inn.  More than just a day's recuperation to prepare her for the trip back, she resolved to rest long and hard, as it might be the last time she had such luxury.

My constitution feat will be: 8+ hours of sleep both days this weekend.  Currently at 1/2.  A cold has been kicking my butt this week and making sleep challenging, plus work and rehearsal schedules interfering with sleep at both ends.  I was kind of a zombie on Friday, but feeling so much better today I'm inspired to keep it rolling.  16 days 'til vacation!  At least 3 of which are 9+ hour shifts!  Plus an average of 5 hours/week rehearsal time!  I can do this!

• Like 3