• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Woolite

No progress in losing FAT

I'm 47 years old, I weight 286 lbs and I am 5'9ft. A month ago I decided to lose weight and I weighed 287.3 lbs this days. I went on a diet of 2000 kcal (3000+ kcal earlier) and so far I lost 1.3 lbs. Do you have any ideas why?

Thanks for all answers.

edit 13.01: On January 3, I started taking supplements. Combined with diet and little effort, I lost 9.5 lbs for today so in 10 days in total. If anyone is interested, I am sending you to the e-book, which accurately describes the method together with a reference to the appropriate products supporting weight loss.

Greetings.

Here is a link to the page where you will order an e-book for your email: https://bit.ly/2A6i1FO

Either you're burning fewer calories than estimated, or are consuming more calories than you thought. Things like physical activity, stress management, sleep quality, and other hormonal factors can all affect your total daily energy expenditure. And bear in mind that weight loss is not the same as fat loss - eg. you could have actually lost 3-4lbs of fat but are carrying extra water because of stress or high carb intake. 

Are you measuring everything, or just eyeballing portions? Is the occasional snack between meals or calorific beverage (eg. cream in your coffee) sneaking in without being added to the total? Have you found yourself walking/moving less than usual because you're feeling tired? Are you sleeping at least 8hrs/night? Have you been feeling more bloated recently? 

Try tracking your eating/drinking, sleep, and physical activity as precisely as possible for two full weeks, and then see what the data says. I'd recommend tracking girth changes (waist, hips, shoulders, limbs) more often (weekly) and just checking your weight once a month or so. The waist measurements especially will probably be your best indicator for consistent fat loss. 

Thanks for the answer. I do not eat too much and I do not eat high-calorie meals. I do not do much exercise, but I do something there. I sleep 8 hours everyday.
As you say, I will be watching and let you know about the progress.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

One of the reasons I suggested that it may help to measure/weigh EVERYTHING that you're eating is because it's easy for us to make inaccurate estimates, despite best efforts. Even something that's not 'high calorie' like oats can have a pretty significant caloric discrepancy if it's not measured; and you'd only need about 200-300kcal extra a day to go from losing 1lb/week to 0.4lb/week.  Eg. http://www.kate-fit.co.uk/wordpress/portion-control-i-weigh-food/

oats-800x533.jpg

• Like 1

I totally understand what you mean. Although you are not consuming a lot of calories, as you stated, you also may not be burning that many either! I had great success with measuring everything and logging it all in MyFitnessPal on my phone. Luckily, I have an apple watch that really puts into perspective how much or little I move. 

I also drink a LOT of water (roughly 100 ounces a day) and I have noticed GREAT results in regards to my energy and focus. I can't wait to see if any of your small adjustments help! 

• Like 1

o, I've also heard that drinking more water also helps, so I'll try it too. In addition, I take supplements, so let's see how it goes, I'm positive.

How about salt? is the myth that in excess is bad in dropping weight?

great news today. I weighed in the afternoon and 1 lbs less!

Eating salt can cause your body to retain more water, which technically makes the scale weight higher but that isn't the same thing as 'gaining weight'.

Calories in verus calories out is the biggest key. I hope your weight loss is going well. I have been on a journey over the last year or so and lost about 50 lbs. Now I'm bulking and preparing for my first physique show this fall. Things are coming along nicely!