• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Atrytone

Atrytone Stumbles Back on to the Path

35 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

A 2009 Saturn Astra. My mistake was going through a dealership.

Well, I hope they can get it sorted for you, and that it doesn't cost too much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Well, I hope they can get it sorted for you, and that it doesn't cost too much.

Thank you. I hope so too.

8 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Car troubles suck.

Focus on yourself first my friend. Even if it is just some breathing exercises and the like.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'm trying. Still struggling to find my normal again post-Vancouver.

• Like 1

Today's positive thing: Just got all the paperwork for my new job at a non-profit that does community work with mental health and addictions. I'm very excited.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Woohoo for getting the job.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Congratulations on the job!  Any luck with the car?

Thank you! As for the car...maybe. The dealer is willing to pay for a rad flush but none of the replacements that my mechanic suggested (ie. the sensor which has been damaged by oil - in fact he refuses to acknowledge that there's oil in the coolant at all). He's also insisting that I use his mechanic which I'm not thrilled about. I'll give it a try though and get my mechanic to repair all the non-radiator items they highlighted. If I'm lucky that will do the trick. Knock on wood. 

Today's positive thing: Family dinner (turkey spinach feta sun-dried tomato sausages with focaccia, broccoli, and carrots) and watching Spiderman: Homecoming for the first time. Finally.

• Like 1

Week 1 is done and I have some improvements to make for Week 2.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:19 PM, Atrytone said:

Be Active

1. At least 10,000 steps/day
  2. At least one body weight workout/week

I succeeded in getting 10,000 steps 1/7 days this week. I did not complete a body weight workout.

I give myself a Below Expectations for this goal this week.

Contributing factors: the weather has been mostly rainy (not fun to walk in), I've been stressed (about car and work stuff) and instead of doing something active I choose to stew in those bad feelings instead, starting is hard.

Possible solutions: take an umbrella, remind myself that exercise is good for combating stress, make sure I'm dressed and leave the house by or before noon (on days I'm able) even if I have to tell myself it's just to walk to the mailbox and back.

Eat Better

1. Reduce junk 
    1. No chips or store bought goodies
    2. Homemade goods in moderation (W1 - 3/day, W2 - 2/day, W3 - 1/day, W4 - 1/2 days; non-stackable)
    3. Reduce alcohol consumption (no alcohol on work nights, no more than 2 drinks on non-work nights)
  2. No eating after 8 pm

I had no chips or store bought baked goods but I did sub in rice cakes 2/7 days because of the texture. They're moderately healthier than chips but not by much. No homemade goodies, we haven't had any in the house post-Christmas. I had one beer 5/7 days, but none last night since I have a staff meeting today. I ate after 8 pm 1/7 nights and then right around 8 pm because I had lost track of time and had a later dinner than usual.

I give myself a Meets Expectations for this goal this week.

Sleep Better

1. Implement sleep hygiene 

This one requires a little more explanation. This first week I was focusing primarily on consistency, going to bed between 10-10:30 pm each night, and caffeine reduction, no coffee or caffeinated drinks after noon. This is what I'll be logging again next week but in Week 3 I'm going to attempt to implement a pre-sleep routine as well. More on that later.

I went to bed (ie. lights off) between 10-10:30 pm 3/7 nights. I had caffeine after noon 0/7 times.

I give myself a Needs Improvement for this goal this week.

Contributing factors: the internet mostly, stress.

Possible solutions: make sure to turn my computer off by or before 9:30 pm, read for a few minutes before going to bed.

• Like 1

Just as a side note I managed to average 7h18m of sleep between January 6-12. It doesn't match up perfectly with the challenge dates but it's close enough to keep a general track of how my sleep hygiene is working.

I'm sorry that your birthday went poorly.  I hope your week has improved since then!

On 1/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, Atrytone said:

starting is hard

It definitely is.  Just keep at it as much as you can, and before long you can build up the discipline.  You can do it!

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.  You're definitely not alone.  Everyone goes through it.  I'm on the strugglebus myself today.  The good news is nothing last forever, even struggles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.  You're definitely not alone.  Everyone goes through it.  I'm on the strugglebus myself today.  The good news is nothing last forever, even struggles.

That's true. Thank you. I think it helps that I know I'm struggling because I'm working too much. Which is 100% of the reason why I didn't want two jobs. But here I am.

1 hour ago, Atrytone said:

That's true. Thank you. I think it helps that I know I'm struggling because I'm working too much. Which is 100% of the reason why I didn't want two jobs. But here I am.

Is it possible to work one job alone?

Also pics of puppy please.

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is it possible to work one job alone?

Also pics of puppy please.

Currently, no. I need to make enough money to cover fixing my car and to hopefully move back out of my parents house soon. And the job I want can only give me a consistent...12 hours a week? For the moment. And the other job is crazy short staffed right now. I'm on my 6th day this week and I get 5 days total off next month. It's really stressing me out. 

I wish I could share pictures of the puppy but I met her at work and didn't have my phone on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atrytone said:

I wish I could share pictures of the puppy but I met her at work and didn't have my phone on me.

I misread, I thought you got a puppy for yourself, I see you clearly stated you got to pet the puppy.

• Like 1