Atrytone Stumbles Back on to the Path

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I misread, I thought you got a puppy for yourself, I see you clearly stated you got to pet the puppy.

Sadly I'm not in a position to have a dog at the moment. My schedule is too erratic and that wouldn't be fair to a dog. Especially because my favorite breeds tend to be larger, very active dogs.

• Like 1

Hectic month coming up. Focus on the simple self care stuff. Taking five minutes to breathe, food, sleep chatting here, that sort of thing.

Sometimes whilst chasing big goals and life changing experiences, we forget that the scent of the flowers in our own gardens, the shape of the trees in our streets, the colours of the skies, the feeling of the clothes on our bodies, sounds of life in our neighbourhoods, and the taste of regularly eaten food are the experiences of life.

Take ten seconds to appreciate these forgotten everyday things and know that life is both good and full of beauty.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hey, hope you’re doing better today than you were yesterday. I know from experience how tough it is to work multiple jobs with few days off, especially when you’re in a difficult place emotionally. Hard to work because feelings, hard to work through feelings because work. 

It will get better. Spring is just around the corner. And you can do this! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thom Stépan said:

Hectic month coming up. Focus on the simple self care stuff. Taking five minutes to breathe, food, sleep chatting here, that sort of thing.

Sometimes whilst chasing big goals and life changing experiences, we forget that the scent of the flowers in our own gardens, the shape of the trees in our streets, the colours of the skies, the feeling of the clothes on our bodies, sounds of life in our neighbourhoods, and the taste of regularly eaten food are the experiences of life.

Take ten seconds to appreciate these forgotten everyday things and know that life is both good and full of beauty.

1 hour ago, Radost said:

Hey, hope you’re doing better today than you were yesterday. I know from experience how tough it is to work multiple jobs with few days off, especially when you’re in a difficult place emotionally. Hard to work because feelings, hard to work through feelings because work. 

It will get better. Spring is just around the corner. And you can do this! 

Thank you both. I think next challenge will be much more self-care focused to account for job craziness. 

• Like 1
On 1/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Atrytone said:

Today's positive thing: I'm attempting coq au vin for the first time. My parents are eager guinea pigs. :)

Oh, yum. That’s one of my favorites. 

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

Oh, yum. That’s one of my favorites. 

It was pretty good but I overdid the bacon and I need to try it with a burgandy rather than a pinot noir. Still yummy though and it definitely scratched an itch.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Atrytone said:

It was pretty good but I overdid the bacon and I need to try it with a burgandy rather than a pinot noir. Still yummy though and it definitely scratched an itch.

Ya, there's something about a burgundy for cooking; it's my go-to.  Good job trying out a classic recipe!  :-)

• Like 1

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Happy Friday!  I hope you're having a good week!

Thank you. It's had its ups and downs. I start my new job tomorrow though so that should be exciting! 

I hope yours is going well too.

Hope you had a great first day on the job.

• Thanks 1

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

6 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Hope you had a great first day on the job.

Thanks. I'm hoping they take it easy on me!

I'm thinking about trying crossfit, once my schedule has (hopefully) settled down, next month. I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for but I know I need more structure than a gym membership provides. If it doesn't work out I'll have to consider the services of a personal trainer.

• Like 1

Realistically there are two outcomes for giving it a go. First you will do it, hate it and never do crossfit again. Second you will love it and become a crossfit junkie.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Realistically there are two outcomes for giving it a go. First you will do it, hate it and never do crossfit again. Second you will love it and become a crossfit junkie.

Those do seem to be the usual outcomes. I wonder why crossfit is so polarizing?

4 hours ago, Atrytone said:

Those do seem to be the usual outcomes. I wonder why crossfit is so polarizing?

It seems like it's pretty high-challenge and high-commitment, so if it happens to feel good for you it's very rewarding, but if you don't dig it there's like no reason to want to do it anyway?

How did day 1 on the new job go? 

2 hours ago, Radost said:

It seems like it's pretty high-challenge and high-commitment, so if it happens to feel good for you it's very rewarding, but if you don't dig it there's like no reason to want to do it anyway?

How did day 1 on the new job go? 

That makes a lot of sense actually.

Day 1 was very laid back for which I'm appreciative. 

• Like 1

The thing is with Crossfit if you dont give it a decent go, you will never know how yoi will work with it.

• Like 1