• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

no meals were distraction free

Mine almost never are, but then again I have four kids, three dogs, and three cats, so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Mine almost never are, but then again I have four kids, three dogs, and three cats, so...

Whereas I have ALL the work, at least yesterday. Today's another chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, annyshay said:
8 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Whereas I have ALL the work, at least yesterday. Today's another chance.

I actually think of you pretty regularly with this. I'm bad at working while eating lunch, but I've started eating in the kitchen more recently to interact with the family instead of being on my computer of phone. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I actually think of you pretty regularly with this. I'm bad at working while eating lunch, but I've started eating in the kitchen more recently to interact with the family instead of being on my computer of phone. 

That's awesome! I have a harder time when I'm working more often, so this is definitely going to be a challenge this month.

• Like 1

Thursday w0d4

LTbisgB.gif

Eat

- filled both of my water bottles

- breakfast was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: one legged stands, isometric holds 5 sec x10 (inversion, eversion, dorsi and plantarflexion)

Think

- completed morning pages

- meditated for 10 minutes with insight timer

- gratitude: intuition, perseverance, tea

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, annyshay said:

intuition, perseverance, tea

What a wonderful list of things to be grateful for. I'm glad you're doing well.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Antarctica!!!

I remember you writing about that trip! Coming sooon!!!!

Just watch out for your pebbles :D (not sure that video got posted before but it's so funny)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Friday w0d5

cAhkEam.jpg

Eat

- no meals were distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: one legged stands, isometric holds 5 sec x10 (inversion, eversion, dorsi and plantarflexion)

Think

- gratitude: my pager, my necklace, phone calls with friends

• Like 8

Saturday w0d6

chinstrap_nesting.jpg

Eat

- dinner was distraction free

Move

Think

- meditated for 30 minutes with insight timer

- gratitude: my nests are free of pebbles ;) , meditative music on youtube, leftover pizza

• Like 7

Squeeee, this is SO EXCITING!!!!

Are you going to King George's island? Hubby is dreaming to go there as well and so keen. Am hyper happy for you and here to watch you enjoy movement, mindfulness and all the goodies :)

giphy.gif

• Like 2

21 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Squeeee, this is SO EXCITING!!!!

Are you going to King George's island? Hubby is dreaming to go there as well and so keen. Am hyper happy for you and here to watch you enjoy movement, mindfulness and all the goodies :)

RIGHT?!

I don't think we're stopping at King George's island, but there will be lots to explore. 

anta-map-432px.jpg

• Like 9

Sunday w0d7

giphy.gif

Eat

- lunch was distraction free

Move

Think

- gratitude: chatting with friends, snacks in the doctor's lounge, pokemon

• Like 7

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

gratitude: chatting with friends, snacks in the doctor's lounge, pokemon

The Doctor's lounge at my hospital is in the same hallway as the Chaplain's office. I see in there sometimes when the door is open as I go past. It's the nicest part of the hospital with free food, comfy chairs, paneling on the walls, cozy lighting, TVs, and music playing. Then I go across the hall and down a door to our office, which was literally converted from a storage closet last year. I remind myself that medical school is hard and they earned that office.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The Doctor's lounge at my hospital is in the same hallway as the Chaplain's office. I see in there sometimes when the door is open as I go past. It's the nicest part of the hospital with free food, comfy chairs, paneling on the walls, cozy lighting, TVs, and music playing. Then I go across the hall and down a door to our office, which was literally converted from a storage closet last year. I remind myself that medical school is hard and they earned that office.

Everybody deserves a nice space to work. I'm so sorry that yours needs some love.

Ours is passable but often not so clean. The free food is often picked over pretty quickly by the surgeons as well (who totally need it more than I do). I tend to work there on the weekends because the fellows' office is a disaster. They turn off the heat and air conditioning on the weekend, there are frequently cockroaches, and we have no windows. 

Full warning, I tend to be a bit more whiny when on service (for obvious reasons). If I'm being quiet, part of it is that I don't want to spread too much vitriol around.

• Like 4

Talking about your work place, I am wayyyy behind all the updates: have you made your choice yet? 

Soooo excited for you to have several options and not surprised they all want you, because duh, who wouldn't :love_heart:

King George's island is apparently full to the brim with penguins, which is why hubby is longing to go. On your map it says examples of stops though, maybe you end up there after all :)  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Talking about your work place, I am wayyyy behind all the updates: have you made your choice yet? 

Soooo excited for you to have several options and not surprised they all want you, because duh, who wouldn't :love_heart:

I haven't officially chosen yet, but I am leaning strongly towards the place in Albany to the point that we're going to start talking contracts in the near future.

• Like 6