Eat

- filled both of my water bottles

- no meals were distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: one legged stands

Think

- completed morning pages

- meditated 10 minutes with insight timer

- gratitude: another day of work done, kingdom rush: vengence, snow!

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, annyshay said:

YES! I leave on Sunday which is crazy. I'm totally not ready, but I will be... somehow... There's a lot of details to work out yet, but I think I will have enough time on Friday and Saturday to get them handled. I tend to get ready fairly quickly when it comes down to it. This just feels like a bigger deal than usual, so I want to be sure that I have what I need. ;)

Bigger than Africa? :D It's such fun to watch you travel all over and I am super excited for you on this. Hope weather plays along, but then it should because as the saying goes "When angels travel..." ;) 

30 minutes ago, annyshay said:

I got my contract yesterday in the mail. I'm going to be working with a lawyer to look at it, so I think that I will be able to send it off to him and then not worry about it while I'm on my trip. I think I will send a reminder to my future boss that I received the contract and will be working on it and unable to return it to them while I'm out of the continent. :) It pushed things back a little bit, but it should work out in the end.

Oh YAY how perfect! Congratulations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Eat

- no meals were distraction free

Move

Think

- gratitude: another day of work done, kingdom rush: vengence, snow!

You're doing great. I'm proud of you. How is the meditating helping? Have you noticed a difference in your moods or mindset?

And since you and I have shared great music before, this guy, William Matthews, is good friends with the members of Gungor and a regular on The Liturgist podcast, and he just released an album back in November:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wolfen said:

You're doing great. I'm proud of you. How is the meditating helping? Have you noticed a difference in your moods or mindset?

And since you and I have shared great music before, this guy, William Matthews, is good friends with the members of Gungor and a regular on The Liturgist podcast, and he just released an album back in November:

Thanks, Wolfen! Meditation isn't a new practice for me, so I can't say that I've noticed a big difference. I keep it up because it gives me a time to get centered and listen to my breath. The part that was new was using the new app - Insight Timer, which I enjoy. I had been using Headspace previously, which was more guided. I like that Insight Timer has options, but most of the time I just watch my breath.

That was great! Thanks for sharing. :)

• Like 2

I just saw that you're going to reach near -50C in Minneapolis this next week, and was like, oh no, poor Annyshay! And then I thought: luckily for her she'll be in Antarctica, lol :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I just saw that you're going to reach near -50C in Minneapolis this next week, and was like, oh no, poor Annyshay! And then I thought: luckily for her she'll be in Antarctica, lol :D 

It's this week, so I'm not missing the freeze. It's actually a warm up for Antarctica. I've been using my gear and feeling fine. Today is wicked cold though. :/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Tuesday w4d2

4m3b.gif

Eat

- dinner was distraction free

Move

Think

- gratitude: having a resident, snow pants, breakfast for dinner

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was walking around this morning and it’s not that bad. Even if it is colder than Antarctica right now.

Actually, it isn't that bad as long as you have the proper gear. ;)

• Like 2

I love the way y'all walk your statements back when I imply you can't handle the temps. default_friendly_wink.png

I don’t remember complaining about the cold. We were sledding as the vortex was burying the thermometer. I do wish that my car would start though.

ETA: They just called an unprecedented fourth day off of school and the mail isn’t running. There are still a few hardy souls biking around though (I’m not that tough).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love the way y'all walk your statements back when I imply you can't handle the temps. :friendly_wink:

Hey now. Just because it's cold doesn't mean we're complaining or can't handle it!! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You know its cold when Minnesotans complain about the cold.

Hats' off to them, whether they are complaining about the weather or not. I don't think I'll be able to handle that cold, proper gear or not.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, annyshay said:

the proper gear.

There's no such thing for -50.

Unless you can carry with you a warm blanket, a hot thick chocolate mug, and a fireplace burning with the fire of the underworld. Then I guess it could be more or less fine.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was walking around this morning and it’s not that bad. Even if it is colder than Antarctica right now.

Is it dry cold or wet cold?

• Like 2

I'm still so excited for your trip, I can't believe it's so soon! And esp now that you know the cold won't be an issue.

Also I'm still getting caught up but us your potential future job that you are reviewing in NY? BC then we would live fairly close to each other!

1 hour ago, karinajean said:

I'm still so excited for your trip, I can't believe it's so soon! And esp now that you know the cold won't be an issue.

Also I'm still getting caught up but us your potential future job that you are reviewing in NY? BC then we would live fairly close to each other!

I'm never going to be ready, EEEEEEEP. Just kidding. It will be fine. :)

Yes! Potential job is in Albany, so we will be much closer together.

• Like 4

Wednesday w4d3

giphy.gif

Eat

- dinner was distraction free

Move

Think

- gratitude: surviving the cold, prepped meal, the three patients that came to clinic in the polar vortex (Minnesotans, y'all... they're hardy)

• Like 9

Here are some South African friends for your to hopefully bring some warmth 

4404_370x246_penguin-paradise.jpg

Those temperatures are insane :o how do you even breathe in that?! Good thing you are Hof-prepped ;) that could help a tiny bit, but in all amazement, how do you cope???

• Like 1

I am just in awe how you handle the cold. I truly can't imagine living in such cold temps.

13 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Here are some South African friends for your to hopefully bring some warmth 

I have some pics from +-6yrs ago when we visited the Cape and saw a colony of Rock Penguins there. It was amazing! I can't wait for @annyshay's photos of Antarctica and their penguins.