• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1 minute ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I have some pics from +-6yrs ago when we visited the Cape and saw a colony of Rock Penguins there. It was amazing! I can't wait for @annyshay's photos of Antarctica and their penguins.

That's exactly that colony :) It's boulder beach near Simonstown and so charming. We take our groups there and last year the penguins came so close to us on the beach we could have touched them. Apparently in summer they become a "problem" in the neighborhood when they walk up the hill and take a dip in people's private swimming pools :lol: 

Yes, counting on Annyshay presenting us with lots of pics of the whole amazing thing. Annyshay you do know we have to live this through you right :cheerful:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Yes, counting on Annyshay presenting us with lots of pics of the whole amazing thing. Annyshay you do know we have to live this through you right :cheerful:

Yesssss! Pleasssseee!

Resultado de imagen de spinning happiness gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Apparently in summer they become a "problem" in the neighborhood when they walk up the hill and take a dip in people's private swimming pools :lol:

Haha that's awesome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

That's exactly that colony :) It's boulder beach near Simonstown and so charming.

Yes, those penguins! The boys were hoping if we still go down to the Cape in March, to re-visit them. They were very close to us last time. We were warned to keep an eye on the kids as the penguins sometimes try to intimidate smaller kids, then "pinch" them with their beaks. Rock Hopper Penguins. Forgot their names.

PICT0179.thumb.JPG.f70cebe7fe4d88f4079b65684e49c4bd.JPG

PICT0185.thumb.JPG.b711cdc1bf70b84c54c7c25efb36bd11.JPG

THIS SPACE FOR ANNYSHAY'S PHOTOS

• Like 4

So... photos for the next challenge it seems? ;)

I have visited that same colony in Cape Town and have lots of pictures from there too. It was before things went quite so digital, so I don't have them to hand. It was a ton of fun and the noise they make is something else.

You guys realize it might take me some time to digitize all the pictures, right? There will be some patience required. Hehehe. Maybe uploading all the photos will be a challenge goal. :D

(Adam's face in that photo is priceless, Elize)

• Like 7

Regarding super cold and functioning... The key truly is layers and covering every bit of your body in as many of them as possible. Also, breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth. It warms the outside air up more before it hits your lungs. That and just don't stay out too long. 

• Like 4

Thursday w4d4

3MNF.gif

Eat

- filled both of my water bottles

- second breakfast was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: one legged stands

Think

- completed morning pages

- meditated 10 minutes with insight timer

- gratitude: DONE WITH INPATIENT SERVICE, no more pagers, Greek food

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, annyshay said:

You guys realize it might take me some time to digitize all the pictures, right? There will be some patience required. Hehehe. Maybe uploading all the photos will be a challenge goal. :D

(Adam's face in that photo is priceless, Elize)

Your next challenge is practically writing itself :D

Adam wasn't too sure about these noisy birds, and he is still of the over careful mindset.

1 minute ago, annyshay said:

DONE WITH INPATIENT SERVICE, no more pagers,

So glad for you! When your ankle is better, you can start practicing your Happy Feet moves again. ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Adam wasn't too sure about these noisy birds, and he is still of the over careful mindset.

I respect that.

4 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So glad for you! When your ankle is better, you can start practicing your Happy Feet moves again. ;)

Definitely worth dancing!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Regarding super cold and functioning... The key truly is layers and covering every bit of your body in as many of them as possible. Also, breathe in through your nose instead of your mouth. It warms the outside air up more before it hits your lungs. That and just don't stay out too long. 

I concur (being from the Great White North), but I've never figured out how to stop my glasses from fogging up :)

• Like 1

Just now, Ambera Wave said:

I concur (being from the Great White North), but I've never figured out how to stop my glasses from fogging up :)

If you do, let me know!

• Like 1

Rock Hopper Penguins. Forgot their names.

Jackass Penguins  figure that. The name comes from the sound they make which does sound like a donkey.

I doesn't let me quote for some reason... [mention=5333]annyshay[/mention] yes please PHOTOS  We'll try to be patient  

So happy for you on the no more pager and being off for the final set up now, squeeeeeeeee It's tomorrow, is it?! Where are you flying to and how is your route taking you? Will you have internet? Will we know you're still alive  Sooooooooo excited for you!!!!

• Like 1

I can feel the excitement for my trip building in here, and it's getting me pumped up to try to get the rest of the things that need to be sorted out before I leave ready, so I figure that I will ride the hype train. I made a LONG list of things that need to happen over the next two days to get my house in order before I head off to the frozen continent. I figure that I will make posts more frequently to get you ready for the trip. I don't think I will have internet while I'm on my voyage, so it will be radio silence until I explode back on to the scene with penguin pictures. ;)

My flight out is Sunday afternoon. I head from Minneapolis to Dallas in a 2+ hour flight. Then I get on a flight to Santiago, Chile that lasts for 9+ hours and will take me overnight. I land in Santiago in the morning and check South America off of my list of continents to visit (that will bring the total up to 5 (North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa)). We spend the day touring around Santiago and the night in a fancy hotel. Then on Tuesday morning we fly to Ushuaia, Argentina. We are going to have a catamaran cruise and then head to our vessel, the National Geographic Orion. From Wedneday onwards, we are heading to and around Antarctica. I will have another day in Ushuaia at the end of the trip and arrive back in Minnesota in the morning on 2/16. 

• Like 8

So, I finished the list of things that I need to do for work and put up my away from the office message. I think that I just have cleaning and packing left to do. Woo hoo!

• Like 3

On 1/31/2019 at 8:07 AM, annyshay said:

Yes! Potential job is in Albany, so we will be much closer together.

YAY!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

So, I finished the list of things that I need to do for work and put up my away from the office message. I think that I just have cleaning and packing left to do. Woo hoo!

wow you are really cranking through stuff! high fives!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Today I want to finish cleaning up the apartment, make a few more runs to the store (hair mousse, gloves, SD cards), and pack (!!!!). I can't believe that there's only one more sleep between me and starting on this epic adventure. :D

• Like 7

Friday w4d5

giphy.gif

Eat

- filled both of my water bottles

- lunch was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: one legged stands

Think

- completed morning pages

- meditated 10 minutes with insight timer

- gratitude: sleeping in, pajamas, check lists

• Like 7

So far this morning, I've cleaned most of my apartment and gone shopping at Target and REI for last minute purchases. It's about time to start packing, and I'm getting nervous/excited. Fun fact - they feel the damn same. ;)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

I can't believe that there's only one more sleep between me and starting on this epic adventure. :D

I'll take the opportunity to wish you a "Bon voyage" now. Safe travels, and have a wonderful time!!

• Thanks 1