• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar reawakens - a prologue

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Cheetah said:

 

Not yet you're not.  

 

 

You and me both.  Imma go swing this KB.

 

Yay interview!  YOU WILL KILL IT!!!

 

Oh lord so you mean sometime soon there's Old 2.0: Even More Old??

 

The right side of my neck seized up now, I think compensating for the left.  This is no way to live???

 

21 hours ago, ShadowSilk said:

Love and hugs and you got this interview, bb, you have it!

 

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

COME ON INTERVIEW VIBES :) you will charm them so much i know that :D just be yourself, how could they not love you!!!! Good luck Shaar, im rooting for you xx

 

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good luck on the interview, the more money, and the move-y around-y bit.

 

19 hours ago, Rinna said:

Good luck!

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE I <3 YOU ALL *^_____^*

 

10 hours ago, bker1370 said:

 

Don't forget to pop into the spreadsheet and add your miles so it can help you track how far you have gotten.  Link to the spreadsheet is in my signature.  See you there!  Think I may join you on the LoTR re-read as well.  :)

 

Oh yeah, thank you for reminding me!!!  I wanted to add my Rivendell walk to my signature too so I could update and remember my mileage easily...

 

 

 

z e r o w e e k

 

I think one of the most underrated skills of a bard is often rolling a nat 20 on job interviews..

 

giphy.gif

 

My phone interview went stellar and I have the final step, an in-person interview with the actual company on Tuesday morning!!!!!  NYYEEEEEEHHHH I AM HYPEST HYPE Y'ALL, in person is where I shine and I'm fairly confident unless I say something stupid like "WANNA SEE PICTURES OF MY LIZARD IN HIS NEW SAMURAI GLAMOUR" that I'll be good for it.........

 

We did discuss hobbies and my brain was like, "Don't say it..... don't say it.............. don't SAYIT................"

 

unknown.png

 

:3

 

(I did confess to binge-watching old TV shows though, If they want me to write a 10 page essay about the dichotomy of the John Locke vs Jack Shepard character history and development before my next interview I'm totally down for that)

 

Anyways PHEW big ol' victory there.  Maybe 2019 really will be good to me.  Maybe I just jinxed myself??  Hmm.  We'll see~

 

Speaking of weird hobbies, I've been listening to a podcast lately called Lore, it's about creepy weird lores and myths from around the world, the other day I learned about the CHUPACABRA and how some people thought it was a highly evolved monkey from Africa, people come on, that's weird (like the Chupacabra itself isn't weird) and also an episode about SKINWALKERS, which seem like the southwest version of wendigos kinda, man I love creepy stuff.  My favorite one so far though was on the New England Vampire Panic (which is coincidentally what I'm naming my new emo band) from the 1700s.  Fascinating stuff.

 

ANYWHO.

 

I'm off to update my signature with my walking distance - tracked myself during yesterday's errands and got another mile in! ^___^  I'll be at Rivendell in no time!.... Right??.....

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need to set off, im still in the Shire (thats right isnt it? where you start?!) Is it copying too much to put it in my non existent sig too? might motivate me to catch you up!

 

Great job on the interview Shaar, i knew you would charm them woooo! <3

 

xx

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Salinger said:

 Is it copying too much to put it in my non existent sig too? might motivate me to catch you up!

 

YES YES DO THIS! :DDD  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bker1370 said:

 

Don't forget to pop into the spreadsheet and add your miles so it can help you track how far you have gotten.  Link to the spreadsheet is in my signature.  See you there!  Think I may join you on the LoTR re-read as well.  :)

 

Can you cycle too or does just walk/run count? xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Salinger said:

i need to set off, im still in the Shire (thats right isnt it? where you start?

The shire is based off the West Midlands so depending on your proximity to that region it might be literal truth...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Salinger said:

 

Can you cycle too or does just walk/run count? xx

 

I think you can count whatever, I remember someone a year or so ago posting that they were using kayaking for part of theirs (especially appropriate as some of the Fellowship trip was by boat lol).  If the fellowship can ride ponies part of the way, why can't we ride bikes?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

 

Can you cycle too or does just walk/run count? xx

 

Just now, bker1370 said:

 

I think you can count whatever, I remember someone a year or so ago posting that they were using kayaking for part of theirs (especially appropriate as some of the Fellowship trip was by boat lol).  If the fellowship can ride ponies part of the way, why can't we ride bikes?

 

Heck yeah!!  I'm gonna count my snowshoeing when I go!  And especially if I bike ride!

 

I think anything that gets you distance and out being active, go for it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO

Absolutely count ANY way of moving that uses your strength to cover distance.

 

if you hope in a wheel chair and push yourself along-- I'd Still Count it!!

 

... and maybe if hobbits had bicycles; the ring would have been destroyed a bit faster and Minas Tirith would have spared from a heck of a lot of death and damage!

hqdefault.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The shire is based off the West Midlands so depending on your proximity to that region it might be literal truth...

really when you think of THAT

 

that's SO epic.

 

Take a picture of your hike in the Lakes- we can pretend that you're leaving hobbiton!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TGP said:

really when you think of THAT

 

that's SO epic.

 

Take a picture of your hike in the Lakes- we can pretend that you're leaving hobbiton!

 

 

Im going to the Peak District next week, ill get photos :)

 

And thanks Tank, Bker and Shaar, ill count cycling wooo x

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaar said:

Even More Old

 

I think it was Bette Davis who said, "Getting old ain't for sissies."

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shaar said:

 

 

 

Speaking of weird hobbies, I've been listening to a podcast lately called Lore, it's about creepy weird lores and myths from around the world, the other day I learned about the CHUPACABRA and how some people thought it was a highly evolved monkey from Africa, people come on, that's weird (like the Chupacabra itself isn't weird) and also an episode about SKINWALKERS, which seem like the southwest version of wendigos kinda, man I love creepy stuff.  My favorite one so far though was on the New England Vampire Panic (which is coincidentally what I'm naming my new emo band) from the 1700s.  Fascinating stuff.

 

 

 

 

Girl.  GIRL.  GURRRRRRLLLL.

 

LORE is...okay, but it's not the best that's out there.  Please allow me to drop some recs on you.

 

Project Archivist (run by Roejen Razorwire, he's really a very cool dude, I'm FB friends with him and his co-host, Lobo)  I especially rec all of the episodes with Robert Damon Schneck; he's amazing.

 

Stuff THEY Don't Want You To Know (done by the same people who make How Stuff Works).  Lots of fun.

 

...I hesitate to rec this.  I really do.  But Last Podcast On The Left.  It very well may not be your bag!  And if it's not, that's cool!  I like it, but I'm not you and you're not me and our tastes may very well diverge radically on this, because the three guys who run it are...well...they're pretty damn crass.  At least Henry is.  (Henry Zebrowski from Heroes Reborn!)  But their research is extremely thorough, and Ben is really a doll baby.  A big, redheaded doll baby.

 

I have more recs, but those are my top three for sure.

 

I am SO SO SO glad the phone interview went so swimmingly!  And I know you're gonna ACE the in-person!  2019 shall be the year you acquire money & get health!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, TGP said:

 

if you hope in a wheel chair and push yourself along-- I'd Still Count it!!

 

 

DON'T TEMPT ME FRODO

 

That would be a vlog for the ages huh..........

 

21 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hi Shaar - happy new year!!! I'm so excited for you about your job interviews!!!! I hope all goes well!!

 

YAYAY HI NTB!!!  Hope your new year was amazing and I'm glad to have you here again!! <333

 

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

 

I think it was Bette Davis who said, "Getting old ain't for sissies."

 

 

SHE WEREN'T WRONG

 

Day 3: I can now turn my head side to side unimpeded, hashbrown blessed.

 

6 hours ago, ShadowSilk said:

 

 

Girl.  GIRL.  GURRRRRRLLLL.

 

LORE is...okay, but it's not the best that's out there.  Please allow me to drop some recs on you.

 

Project Archivist (run by Roejen Razorwire, he's really a very cool dude, I'm FB friends with him and his co-host, Lobo)  I especially rec all of the episodes with Robert Damon Schneck; he's amazing.

 

Stuff THEY Don't Want You To Know (done by the same people who make How Stuff Works).  Lots of fun.

 

...I hesitate to rec this.  I really do.  But Last Podcast On The Left.  It very well may not be your bag!  And if it's not, that's cool!  I like it, but I'm not you and you're not me and our tastes may very well diverge radically on this, because the three guys who run it are...well...they're pretty damn crass.  At least Henry is.  (Henry Zebrowski from Heroes Reborn!)  But their research is extremely thorough, and Ben is really a doll baby.  A big, redheaded doll baby.

 

I have more recs, but those are my top three for sure.

 

I am SO SO SO glad the phone interview went so swimmingly!  And I know you're gonna ACE the in-person!  2019 shall be the year you acquire money & get health!

 

 

I'll admit, I'm 50% into LORE for the dulcet tones of Aaron Mahnke.  I LOVE RECS YES PLS.  I love spooky shit and weird shit and I'm gonna dig all of these up when I'm up on my desktop later!!  I just read the synopsis of Last Podcast on the Left and color me intrigued~ 

 

I'll need lots of listening content for my EVENTUAL DRIVE TO WORK (wherever that may be) (maybe with the interview place) (gosh i hope)

 

Thankyou, I have a really good feel about this, so we'll see!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, shaar said:

Also I'm back on a LotR kick for the 49762th time in my life so there's that.  I'm not listening to an hour-long Youtube mix of Middle Earth music.  Nope.  Not me. ....

 

First of all, HOLY CRAP why have I not been following sooner. Second, does one ever simply get off a LotR kick?

 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, shaar said:

edit to note i have finally changed my profile from a picture of laguna loire to a different picture of laguna loire thank you and goodnight]

 

I see no problem here.

 

 

INTERVIEW HYPE FOR DAYS. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SHAAR!! I had written a post on Page ONE of your thread and was sure I was following you; and then I realized I NEVER POSTED IT and therefore was NOT FOLLOWING YOU.

 

CRUMBS.

 

FamiliarSillyBumblebee-size_restricted.g

 

BUT I AM HERE NOW.

I HAVE CERTAINTY THAT YOU WILL GET THE AMAZING JOB BECAUSE ANYONE CAN SEE FROM MILES AWAY HOW AMAZING AND AWESOME YOU ARE AND ANYONE SANE WOULD JUMP TO HIRE YOU.

SO.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Urgan said:

 

First of all, HOLY CRAP why have I not been following sooner. Second, does one ever simply get off a LotR kick?

 

 

I see no problem here.

 

 

INTERVIEW HYPE FOR DAYS. 

 

I think the LOTR hype just lies dormant until the right time when it is needed, to be fair....

 

JOB INTERVIEW HELLO HI GREETINGS CAN WE DISCUSS THE VIRTUE OF SINGLE TARGET BARD SKILL ROTATION VS AOE MOBS okokok no shaar do NOT get into that ok jeez

 

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

SHAAR!! I had written a post on Page ONE of your thread and was sure I was following you; and then I realized I NEVER POSTED IT and therefore was NOT FOLLOWING YOU.

 

CRUMBS.

 

FamiliarSillyBumblebee-size_restricted.g

 

BUT I AM HERE NOW.

I HAVE CERTAINTY THAT YOU WILL GET THE AMAZING JOB BECAUSE ANYONE CAN SEE FROM MILES AWAY HOW AMAZING AND AWESOME YOU ARE AND ANYONE SANE WOULD JUMP TO HIRE YOU.

SO.

 

YESSSSSSS <3333  Sometimes the forums, they do a Thing, you know, SNEAKY THINGS. >:[

 

I have a good feeling about it but ALSO AM A LITTLE JANGLY WOO <3

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaar had been trekking through the forest for days now.  She had been making good time on her path, stopping to sleep when the sun disappeared, curled in the insulated blanket she kept rolled tightly in her pack.  Winter wasn't coming, it was already here, and she was always interested to notice that the dwindling temperatures of the season didn't bother her overmuch.

 

It was the most recent night where she awoke suddenly with a start, breath hitching in her throat and eyes widening as she scrambled to get a glimpse of the darkly shrouded world around her.  Her campfire had long since gone out, and the seemingly never-ending void of night permeated each of her senses.  For a long few moments the dead quiet was absolutely terrifying and Shaar sat bolt upright, willing everything she had in her body to keep from screaming out into the night like a feral animal.  Screaming at what?  What for??

 

Seconds led to minutes, to hours, and finally she drifted back into a tumultuous sleep.  Shaar awoke, covered in pine needles and decaying leaves, to find The Voice crouched just a few feet from her.

 

"I… I'm sorry," were the words that first came from her lips, and even as she said them dark brows furrowed in a detached sort of confusion. Why did I say that?

 

The Voice smiled then, one shoulder lifting in a dismissive shrug.  He asked the question her own mind pinged her with furiously.  "For what?"

 

Shaar shook her head, mouth opening as if to respond… but no words came out.  She distracted herself for a few moments, quietly pulling pieces of dead leaves from her long hair. "I…. " She paused then, almost unsure as of what to say, absently turning scraps of a leaf over and over in her hands. "Last night, when I awoke… it was as if every small doubt I've ever had flooded me, all at once.  I don't… second-guess much.  I just go, you know?" She smiled then, almost sheepishly, and let the leaf pieces flutter to the ground between splayed fingers. "But this was different, like no matter what I tried, it wasn't working.. doubt just kept slipping through the cracks.  It was…."  Her voice trailed off as she searched for the appropriate word.

 

"Paralyzing?"  The Voice offered, rocking back onto his heels for a brief moment before standing.  "Karash Han has been here, knowing your struggle.  He has lingered and you have persevered his darkness."  He smiled again, boyish face lighting up just a bit with… delight?  "He is your darkness and your doubt and he will oft be at your heels. It's why that is so important." The Voice inclined his chin towards her hands - somehow, amidst his speech, Shaar had unconsciously reached inside her cloak to pull out her compact and hold it close to her - when did I do this? She flipped it open with a practiced motion now, staring back at herself.

 

"Yeah… I get it.  Okay.  All right." She understood, and then rose to her feet, tucking her talisman away for the time being while she brushed the remnants of nature from her shirt and pants, rolling up her blanket to tuck away for another day.

 

"Good. I'll see you soon, yes? We have much adventuring to do!"  The Voice had already turned, continuing on the path ahead of her, one small hand up over his head in a departing sort of wave, a bit of amusement in his tone.   "… And also, Fury says hello."

 

 

 

Cue this morning's 5am Brain Wakeup of Every Choice You've Made in the Past Year Has Been the Wrong One and you'll get today's narrative inspiration!~

 

I'm feeling mostly better now but, phew.  It occurs to me that the last time I had a really Dark Day was actually Christmas, and that's... weeks ago?  So hey.  That's a good thing and something to be proud of!  Somehow I'm hanging in there and doing my best. I've been using music a lot to stay grounded, and getting outside too.  I'm going to try to walk a bit either today or tomorrow.  Whenever employment does happen, before I start the ol' 9-5 I'm going to treat myself to a day in Boston too - take the rail into the city and just run around and look at stuff - so that'll be super good for my adventuring brain too!

 

I have to keep looking forward and stop second guessing myself, trust my gut more.  I'll know if something isn't right for me.  I'm more intuitive than I think.

 

ANYWAYS it is OFFICIALLY Week 1 and if I don't go outside today I'm going to do some stretching instead to get moving!  HAPPY SUNDAAAYY <3333

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WEEK 1 ? eek that caught me by surprise! 

 

Wow your writing is so so engaging Shaar, i loved it, truly!

 

Glad your dark days are getting less and less. Keep being amazing :) xx

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This, too, shall pass.

This, even this, shall pass.

For all things must pass away.

Even the leaves,

the stream,

the clouds,

even the mountains move over

millennia.

 

So.

Lay down your burden

rest

 

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."  ~ Blessed Julian of Norwich

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaar said:

JOB INTERVIEW HELLO HI GREETINGS CAN WE DISCUSS THE VIRTUE OF SINGLE TARGET BARD SKILL ROTATION VS AOE MOBS okokok no shaar do NOT get into that ok jeez

 

YESSSSSSS <3333  Sometimes the forums, they do a Thing, you know, SNEAKY THINGS. >:[

 

tenor.gif?itemid=6045594

 

tenor.gif?itemid=5874335

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now