• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar reawakens - a prologue

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

And all for like $32.80.

Sounds like the rule is drop 10 degrees per state as you go north....temperatures aren't doing happy things tonight here, either. YAY FREEZING TIME IS NOW.

You literally got the price by like, a few dollars.  TRADER JOE'S what have we done to deserve your blessings~

That rule sounds pretty accurate.  We are entering The Freezing Time, please keep all limbs inside the vehicle lest they snap off unexpectedly.

19 hours ago, Raxie said:

Duddddeeeeee!!!! Your narrative is GORGEOUS! I am like completely obsessed with you right now XD For real though your writing is amazing. It's cool you had a creative outlet for having an off/dark moment too, did it help writing all that out at all? It seems like it might be pretty cathartic.

Yay for your interview!!!! So many good things. Also Trader Joes <3 Yes.

AW SHUCKS~ /blush

One of the big hindrances of me being able to write is that I do it BEST when I'm in the pit, so yeah, it is a huge catharsis.  When I'm feeling fine I struggle more because I don't have that... need, for an outlet?  I think???

17 hours ago, ShadowSilk said:

Well, shit.  I might have to look into this game.  God knows I'm far enough behind in WoW that Onyxhorn isn't ever coming out to play again.

J O I N U S ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If that vlog had not included a giant lizard I would have been very upset. It was cool to see your "house."

I am the tallest lizard on the height slider in the character creation ALL HAIL

I actually remodeled part of my house last night because I'm now able to make this super cool tribal stove AND I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT-

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

amazing vlog, really interesting from someone (me) who doesnt really play video games. Loved hearing your voice <3 xx

You know that's true, for me it's just a really.. simple, maybe almost boring?  Topic?? 'Cause there's so much more to do in that game than putter around your virtual property making fires and stuff.  Huh.  Maybe I'll stream some more sometime so people can see what actual gameplay is like!

<33

My only update for right now is that IT IS SNOW

It's mostly already stopped so it's just a nice dusting but gosh, light snow is just the prettiest most serene thing in the world.  I missed it.

I'm going to NOT think about my interview for the rest of the week because now I know I just need to be patient.  Related - on my walk last weekend I was doing a big thinkle about life and realized that my motto for 2019 is going to have to be patience.  For the first time in a long time - possibly EVER - I know exactly where I want to be in my life.  I can see it in my minds eye, what I want to be doing, where I want to live, a cute little studio apartment filled with all of my things and love and cheer, how I want most everything to shake out.  This is strange for me because for the majority of my life I've just kind of gone with the flow and it didn't really matter to me.  But now I have some specific job and life/living goals and it's.... NICE! Exciting and very motivating!  But also frustrating because I've spent all of 2018 coping and I'm through that processing phase surely, and I'm ready for these things I want NOW. I'm ready to bust out of the gates on fire, but literally none of the pieces are in place for this to happen yet so I just have to... be patient... let the process do its thing...and I will achieve as it comes.

Phew okokok OK

tenor.gif?itemid=4233426

Last night we had the Trader Joe's Lasagna for dinner (with a nice fresh side salad!) and WOW Y'ALL IT WAS A HIT.  I'd never had it before and it knocked my little socks off. My mom also SUPER enjoyed it too, which didn't surprise me at all.

I'm trying to introduce her to new foods and expand her taste palate but it's not always a win.  So far:

Win: TJ's lasagna, gorgonzola crackers, honey mustard Nut Thins

Gross: Most all guacamole and hummus, parsnip chips, TJ's Wine Country Chicken Salad

Can't win 'em all but it's a start! :3

• Like 8

it is snowing because I went on a hike last night!

Yep!  just as I was about to start it started dumping.  probably about 3" for us, most of it in only 3 hours.  (which was pretty disruptive and annoying for my little town)

so THE SNOW!  yep its pretty!  and I love your pic.  but I accept that I'm to blame.

so sorry (whole NEastern USA) for all the white death on your porches, and lawns!

but I just couldn't stay inside.  I got wild schemes to concoct in 2019.

and you'll just have to deal with a bit of a temper tantrum from old man winter over it.

----

by the way PATIENCE and walking/hiking go together like Peanut butter and Jelly.

so I think that was seriously a quality thought that you had in your walk.  I'll look forward to reading as your work slowly towards your goals.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

so sorry (whole NEastern USA) for all the white death on your porches, and lawns!

but I just couldn't stay inside.  I got wild schemes to concoct in 2019.

I laughed out loud at this WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!! Ahahahaha.... I guess we can let you off the hook JUST THIS ONCE

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

by the way PATIENCE and walking/hiking go together like Peanut butter and Jelly.

I literally just replied to your comment on Sal's thread about this - it really is!!!!  They are perfect for each other, just like we can't run to Mordor (or Rivendell) in a day... I see that my thoughts to walk to Rivendell came at a moment when my timeline really needed it. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, shaar said:

I'm going to NOT think about my interview for the rest of the week because now I know I just need to be patient.  Related - on my walk last weekend I was doing a big thinkle about life and realized that my motto for 2019 is going to have to be patience.  For the first time in a long time - possibly EVER - I know exactly where I want to be in my life.  I can see it in my minds eye, what I want to be doing, where I want to live, a cute little studio apartment filled with all of my things and love and cheer, how I want most everything to shake out.  This is strange for me because for the majority of my life I've just kind of gone with the flow and it didn't really matter to me.  But now I have some specific job and life/living goals and it's.... NICE! Exciting and very motivating!  But also frustrating because I've spent all of 2018 coping and I'm through that processing phase surely, and I'm ready for these things I want NOW. I'm ready to bust out of the gates on fire, but literally none of the pieces are in place for this to happen yet so I just have to... be patient... let the process do its thing...and I will achieve as it comes.

This. The pieces will come together when the right job for you is available. It rarely happens exactly when we'd like (could write an entire series of books on this subject and not have to cite a single source....) and my hope is only the ideal job opportunity based on what you need (and want) materializes so the choice is effortless. You're meant to learn something from This Time before you step into the Next Thing on your journey. I mean, you already have learned plenty, but if employment doesn't happen instantly then so be it. 

• Like 3

Love that you're getting yourself a motto for 2019 - and I love that you know exactly what you're aiming for!! That be so calming in and of itself, especially after all your craziness last year.

It snowed for a hot minute here this morning, not enough to stick and cause issues, but just enough to be pretty coming down.  It's the best!

• Like 3

A quote I read once in a novel --

"Be still and cool in thy own mind and spirit from thy own thoughts, and then thou wilt feel the principle of God to turn thy mind to the Lord God, whereby thou wilt receive his strength and power from whence life comes, to allay all tempests, against blusterings and storms. That is it which moulds up into patience, into innocency, into soberness, into stillness, into stayedness, into quietness, up to God, with his power."

George Fox, 1658

Quaker Faith and Practice

I don't know your religious affiliation, Shaar, nor do I need to, but this quote has helped me in the past, especially the first few words.  "Be still and cool."  Sometimes it seems like the whole friggin' world is out there just pushing us to HURRY HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH RUSH

And we do.  So.  I think you're making good choices.  Hope the quote helps a little.  "Be still and cool."

Oh and another thing. 

I am very, very sorry to drop huge ass video things on your page, I just don't know how to make them smaller?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

This. The pieces will come together when the right job for you is available. It rarely happens exactly when we'd like (could write an entire series of books on this subject and not have to cite a single source....) and my hope is only the ideal job opportunity based on what you need (and want) materializes so the choice is effortless. You're meant to learn something from This Time before you step into the Next Thing on your journey. I mean, you already have learned plenty, but if employment doesn't happen instantly then so be it. 

*clangs empty metal teacup against the bars of her cage*

I have a Really Good Feel about this potential job (see update below), but you're right, everything will happen as it will.  And if something doesn't happen right away?  That's ok, and it'll happen when it needs to, and in the meantime, we know how to deal with Life and its foibles.

(Fun kismet moment; this position is high-up as a part of a sizeable.... HVAC company.  Universe, you are weird, huh.)

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Love that you're getting yourself a motto for 2019 - and I love that you know exactly what you're aiming for!! That be so calming in and of itself, especially after all your craziness last year.

It snowed for a hot minute here this morning, not enough to stick and cause issues, but just enough to be pretty coming down.  It's the best!

It's so nice to have a goal to visualize... the last few months of 2018 were just kind of "??? what now???" with so much uncertainty.  It's enough grounding for me to hold onto right now!

The snow is mostly gone here too - that's the kind I like best! XD

2 hours ago, ShadowSilk said:

A quote I read once in a novel --

"Be still and cool in thy own mind and spirit from thy own thoughts, and then thou wilt feel the principle of God to turn thy mind to the Lord God, whereby thou wilt receive his strength and power from whence life comes, to allay all tempests, against blusterings and storms. That is it which moulds up into patience, into innocency, into soberness, into stillness, into stayedness, into quietness, up to God, with his power."

George Fox, 1658

Quaker Faith and Practice

I don't know your religious affiliation, Shaar, nor do I need to, but this quote has helped me in the past, especially the first few words.  "Be still and cool."  Sometimes it seems like the whole friggin' world is out there just pushing us to HURRY HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH RUSH

It reminds me strikingly of the start of Max Ehrmann's Desiderata -

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence."

(Probably my favorite piece of prose ever..)

My mantra of 2018 was surely HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH due to Every Factor in My Life Undergoing Serious Change... I've had a few months to decompress and process and re-evaluate my priorities and now that that's over, I'm ready to HURRY RUSH towards what I finally know I want.... but yesno, it don't work that way.  The journey is important and I have to remember that every day, and just.... chill it out~

(Also you're always good to post enormous videos and clips here I LOVE THEM YES YES)

So guys I originally came here to tell you that I had a proud because while I am logged into this video game I play and waiting in a duty finder for dungeon runs, I've been doing 10 bodyweight squats - 10 calf raises - repeat for the time I'm in queue (usually about 8 minutes) and I'll be DARNED I'M GONNA get this body moving slowly but surely and it is a heckin' good feel,

But,

While I was writing this post up I got the call from my staffing agency that I've been offered a final interview with the owners of the company on Monday and boy golly howdy if I didn't say HELL YEAH LET'S GO.  So the final stage is coming up and clearly I'm doing something right. (And maybe this time they'll want to know about my bard rotation or my favorite class to glamour - which is Ninja - and in this essay I will explai--NO NO, no shaar.....)  Phew. .... :3

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

(And maybe this time they'll want to know about my bard rotation or my favorite class to glamour - which is Ninja - and in this essay I will explai--NO NO, no shaar.....)

Maybe save that essay until AFTER they hire and it is too late to change their minds?  LOL

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

(Fun kismet moment; this position is high-up as a part of a sizeable.... HVAC company.  Universe, you are weird, huh.)

*falls on floor, foaming at mouth*

Hey, that's a stable industry that won't be going anywhere in a hurry until we're all downloaded into a nirvana-like machine.

9 minutes ago, shaar said:

While I was writing this post up I got the call from my staffing agency that I've been offered a final interview with the owners of the company on Monday and boy golly howdy if I didn't say HELL YEAH LET'S GO.  So the final stage is coming up and clearly I'm doing something right. (And maybe this time they'll want to know about my bard rotation or my favorite class to glamour - which is Ninja - and in this essay I will explai--NO NO, no shaar.....)  Phew. .... :3

This is  a good sign for sure. I could see you doing skits about Gamer Life and the first one would be Job Interview....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shaar said:

It reminds me strikingly of the start of Max Ehrmann's Desiderata -

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence."

(Probably my favorite piece of prose ever..)

My mantra of 2018 was surely HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH due to Every Factor in My Life Undergoing Serious Change... I've had a few months to decompress and process and re-evaluate my priorities and now that that's over, I'm ready to HURRY RUSH towards what I finally know I want.... but yesno, it don't work that way.  The journey is important and I have to remember that every day, and just.... chill it out~

(Also you're always good to post enormous videos and clips here I LOVE THEM YES YES)

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCELLENT. (/end Mr. Burns voice)

I love Desiderata.  It's beautiful.

And yes.  Everybody has that innate urge to HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH, I think it's because we all know how fleeting life really is in the back of our minds...but that's kind of what should make us slow the eff down, tho?  Because LIFE IS SHORT.  Smell the daisies.  Dance in the rain (in the summertime).  Count the skulls of your enemies.  Conjure a dragon.  It's all good.

43 minutes ago, shaar said:

https://tenor.com/view/this-pleases-me-loki-tom-hiddleston-pleased-gif-5152402

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bker1370 said:

Maybe save that essay until AFTER they hire and it is too late to change their minds?  LOL

For sure you wanna wait till the probationary period is over.

Also CONGRATS well done on rolling a nat20 on the interview.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, shaar said:

The snow is mostly gone here too - that's the kind I like best! XD

You must’ve sent it to me....we’ve gotten 13 inches in the last 2 days.

• Sad 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, bker1370 said:

Yeah, I might wanna.... ok Shaar you're at an 11, we need you at about a 6 right now.............. okokok

On 1/10/2019 at 3:46 PM, Urgan said:

*falls on floor, foaming at mouth*

Hey, that's a stable industry that won't be going anywhere in a hurry until we're all downloaded into a nirvana-like machine.

You're not wrong.  Actually business is booming so much for this place that they're in the middle of a sizeable expansion of hiring a fair amount of people on for many positions...

( this is my surprised face -> :| )

On 1/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, Raxie said:

AHHH YAY SHAAR!!! So much goodness all around!

THANKYOU I AM EXCITE!!! \o/

On 1/10/2019 at 4:21 PM, ShadowSilk said:

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCELLENT. (/end Mr. Burns voice)

I love Desiderata.  It's beautiful.

And yes.  Everybody has that innate urge to HURRY HURRY RUSH RUSH, I think it's because we all know how fleeting life really is in the back of our minds...but that's kind of what should make us slow the eff down, tho?  Because LIFE IS SHORT.  Smell the daisies.  Dance in the rain (in the summertime).  Count the skulls of your enemies.  Conjure a dragon.  It's all good.

https://tenor.com/view/this-pleases-me-loki-tom-hiddleston-pleased-gif-5152402

Ah yes the ol' skull counting.... one of my favorite pasttimes!!! >:]

On 1/10/2019 at 4:32 PM, Big_Show said:

e13e1bf057bc6396a7dc75f9340cbb0c.gif

31c46408eb90dd17e48719eb1e26f43f.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 1/10/2019 at 5:14 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

For sure you wanna wait till the probationary period is over.

Also CONGRATS well done on rolling a nat20 on the interview.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:14 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Yay!!!!!! How exciting!

On 1/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I'm so excited for you!

On 1/11/2019 at 12:47 AM, Salinger said:

yeahhhhh good job!!!!!!! :D xx

12 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

EEEEEE that's wonderful news!!!!! 

They'd have to be blind not to hire you!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!! ^_______________^  Your hype fuels me through this FRIGID AS HECK WEEKEND <3

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

You must’ve sent it to me....we’ve gotten 13 inches in the last 2 days.

UGHHH, it looks like we'll be getting some next weekend here, but in the meantime this was our last night:

Dwqu3CmWoAEwcef.jpg:large

Huh I can't make it smaller but I don't really care 'CAUSE IT WAS FECKIN' COLD Y'ALL before I went to bed it was 9 and felt like -5 

I am v. grateful lately to have a warm cozy heated comfy place to be. <3333

• Like 4