• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

 

Turning back time is a nice thought...I turned 20 the year this song was released, Cher, on the other hand, was 43, I remember thinking then and several times since that I would love to look half as good as she did when I was XX years old...

Yeah, that didn't happen...course I also don't make the money she does to be able to afford chefs, trainers, and surgeons to keep her looking like that, so I guess it balances out :lol: 

 

But I digress, this year is the year I turn 50,

d722d4ac631403ee64c23cbf6ab7a2bb.jpg

 

I'm not going to say these years have all been a walk in the park, RA, nerve damage and spinal stenosis as the result of a car accident, and not exactly taking the best care of myself for 44 of them didn't help. Wednesday will mark five (5! :o ) years since I found NF...yes I was one of those "New Year, New You" people :lol: but I stuck around, learned some things that worked, and a whole lot of things that DON'T! I've been rather lacking in my goals lately, it shows in my health and the way my clothes are fitting...so without further ado, I give you my first challenge of the new year :D 

 

For those that follow my battle log you know my big goal this year is to lose 50 lbs by the time I turn 50 in 10 months, which is 5 lbs a month (and Saturday the 12th is my first 5k of the year :lol: )

Steps to get to this goal are not changing much from prior challenges, I just need to make sure and improve consistency!

 

1. Get to the gym three times a week, with flexibility for work/extenuating circumstances. In those cases I will go as many times as possible. Either taking walking breaks or walking on the treadmill to get to at least 8,000 steps a day, every day,  with running intervals every other day will be part of this and separate from gym time, that time will be used for weights and stuff I'm unable to do at home.

2. Continue to listen to my hunger, not my appetite! Eat real food, plan menus ahead of time to make life easier. Continue to prep breakfast/lunch/snacks for the week and during season

3. Live life, don't stress over it. Continue working towards the three year plan.

4. Drink water, get sleep, reduce cortisol production (I stress a LOT over bullshit I can't control)

 

Just as important but not an actual 'goal' is making sure I check in here :D 

 

Hardcore? Maybe, but half ass-ing it is not working...time to full ass it!

 

Ivy.jpg.fa721d20dac0f312e8cc98ae0520eb50.jpg

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RES said:

Wednesday will mark five (5! :o ) years since I found NF...yes I was one of those "New Year, New You" people :lol: but I stuck around, learned some things that worked, and a whole lot of things that DON'T! 

 

Happy (early) Nerdiversary!  I'm another New Year, New You rebel but you've got me beat by a few months!  Good luck scratching off those things which don't work and sticking to your self-care guns this challenge!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well twin, I am in it with you this year!  My challenge is similar and will follow the same theme all year.  Of course I do have 20 more days than you!  Let's get this party started and Go Back together

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T2sarahconnor said:

Well twin, I am in it with you this year!  My challenge is similar and will follow the same theme all year.  Of course I do have 20 more days than you!  Let's get this party started and Go Back together

 

You have no idea how happy I am you're back!! :D 

 

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yeaahhh you can do it RES <3 xx

Thank you! I can and I WILL!!!

 

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Welcome 

 

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

Thanks for the catchy tune :D

I'm not as good as my twin in that aspect but the 80's were an amazing time to be alive

 

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

 

Happy (early) Nerdiversary!  I'm another New Year, New You rebel but you've got me beat by a few months!  Good luck scratching off those things which don't work and sticking to your self-care guns this challenge!

Thank you! Gonna take a bit longer to scratch off a couple of those things but I think I'm on the right track! :D 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T2sarahconnor said:

Glad to be back Sis!  Didn't we plan to visit @DarK_RaideR this year?

Pretty sure we plan that every year :lol:, but it's going to have to wait for at least three years so I can get my expenses paid off :( 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RES said:

 

 

Sorry, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. I was born in the greatest year of the last millennium :D 

 

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1969.html

 

 

 

 

I was not intending to start a contest on when the best year was.

 

I was intending to joke about being younger than you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was not intending to start a contest on when the best year was.

 

I was intending to joke about being younger than you.

 

I figured as much <_<

 

578858_415579851828359_2068445984_n.jpg

 

Because I enjoy having you around too much to use the "get off my lawn" meme :P 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooooh! I had one of those! It felt so great under the fingers to rotate that wheel. It better had to, too, because I kept failing to correctly dial the numbers (not that I was using it much, being a whippersnapper and all that at the time).

 

I'll be (ghost) following this. Let five be your lucky number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 5th decade of life is good.  I didn't realize you were one of the (Hmm, how to say it politely.. uh earlier born ?) people on NF. So many whipper snappers here, it's nice to have a few of us who've traveled the road a bit longer

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RES said:

 

I figured as much <_<

 

578858_415579851828359_2068445984_n.jpg

 

Because I enjoy having you around too much to use the "get off my lawn" meme :P 

 

80's people do know this! I can vouch for that. I know i know, everybody thinks i'm this young god-like creature, but i was born in the earliest of 80's! Oow the pain of phoning people with a lot of 9's in their number...

 

8 hours ago, RES said:
8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was intending to joke about being younger than you.

 

I figured as much 

 

LOL, NAILED IT!!!

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nailed it psycho

 

16 hours ago, RES said:

Wednesday will mark five (5! :o ) years since I found NF...

 

Oow crap i just checked 4 years for me end of (next) month!

 

That's a long time here. But i'm soooo glad i found this place.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RES said:

 

I figured as much <_<

 

578858_415579851828359_2068445984_n.jpg

 

Because I enjoy having you around too much to use the "get off my lawn" meme :P 

Like Mr_Willes, I was born in the early 80's (81) and we had rotary phones far longer than I would have preferred. Willes is right about the 9s, I thought we were in particular danger if we ever had to call 911.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The 5th decade of life is good.  I didn't realize you were one of the (Hmm, how to say it politely.. uh earlier born ?) people on NF. So many whipper snappers here, it's nice to have a few of us who've traveled the road a bit longer

"Seasoned" is the word the 20-somethings I work with call it :lol: 

The 4th decade has been great, I'm really looking forward to the next one!

 

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

 

80's people do know this! I can vouch for that. I know i know, everybody thinks i'm this young god-like creature, but i was born in the earliest of 80's! Oow the pain of phoning people with a lot of 9's in their number...

I remember when we got our first push button phone...which is funny looking back now considering I basically carry a mini computer in my pocket :lol: 

 

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Oow crap i just checked 4 years for me end of (next) month!

 

That's a long time here. But i'm soooo glad i found this place

So am I...that I found this place, as well as being glad you did! :D

 

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Like Mr_Willes, I was born in the early 80's (81) and we had rotary phones far longer than I would have preferred. Willes is right about the 9s, I thought we were in particular danger if we ever had to call 911.

This reminds me of the first time I was getting CPR certified (Junior year of HS, so 85/86) one of the things we had to do was call out for someone to call for an ambulance. 911 was not in widespread use yet so we had to memorize the phone number for it...I remember being very worried about what if we forgot in the heat of the moment or were somewhere we didn't know what the number was...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 12:17 AM, T2sarahconnor said:

Glad to be back Sis!  Didn't we plan to visit @DarK_RaideR this year?

Pretty sure it's @EricMN visiting this year, but the more the merrier!

 

Also, tune that happened to come up on YouTube while I was reading this thread:

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TGP said:

just Don't Stop Thinking about Tomorrow!

 

 

Never! Can't forget to live like today is my last though...unfortunately the only appropriate video/song I can find is the Nickleback one from 2008 :lol: 

 

16 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Early happy birthday to you, RES! Cheering for you to do all the things you set out to!

Thank you! Looking it as a birthday gift to myself :D 

 

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

High-five for NF anniversaries this week!

 

also, obligatory :ph34r:

:victorious: Flea is awesome :D yours is five years as well if I remember correctly?

 

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Pretty sure it's @EricMN visiting this year, but the more the merrier!

 

Also, tune that happened to come up on YouTube while I was reading this thread:

 

Gotta pay off this birthday cruise first...I think all of us need to save for a couple years and have a big get together!

Love it! And they couldn't stop me if they tried ;) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now