• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

15 hours ago, RES said:

:victorious: Flea is awesome :D yours is five years as well if I remember correctly?

Yup! 5 years on Saturday. We're old.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been on here since 2013-ish too :) I had a different screenname originally. I got on here around the time I started powerlifting.

• Like 1

1. Get to the gym three times a week, with flexibility for work/extenuating circumstances. In those cases I will go as many times as possible. Either taking walking breaks or walking on the treadmill to get to at least 8,000 steps a day, every day,  with running intervals every other day will be part of this and separate from gym time, that time will be used for weights and stuff I'm unable to do at home.

Got up and went to the gym three times this week, workouts were done five days this week...only one day did I make it to 8,000 steps, BW squats were the only weights done though, didn't feel like fighting for space during the first week of the new year :lol: 

2. Continue to listen to my hunger, not my appetite! Eat real food, plan menus ahead of time to make life easier. Continue to prep breakfast/lunch/snacks for the week and during season

This was done also, I've been making a "24 hour plan" for all my meals using what I have planned for dinner, so far it seems to be working well. Scale numbers are going down so that helps

3. Live life, don't stress over it. Continue working towards the three year plan.

Definitely done, work started back Thursday, we had the carpet replaced in our office while we were out on break and so the first day consisted of moving everything back in...catching up on stuff that went undone over the break, and catching up with each other. I'm so glad to be back at work and getting back on schedule!

4. Drink water, get sleep, reduce cortisol production (I stress a LOT over bullshit I can't control

Water is not an issue, sleep is usually good when I workout...have a Dr appointment to have my hormones checked to see if they need adjusted. It's amazing what a difference them being out of wack makes in my sleep!

Going to do NF yoga tonight for my relax goal, catching up on some podcasts I follow and a few I found over the holiday break...the following points struck a chord with me and I thought they might help someone else

1. What are your hunger cues? Are you forcing yourself to eat more when you're not hungry because you don't want to waste food? Are you eating because it's time, not because you're truly hungry?

2. If you're hungry again within two hours you're probably not eating enough, you should be able to go four hours between meals.

3. Are you able to go for a walk or better yet, do downward dog after eating? If you feel like you're going to get sick doing this you've probably ate too much.

4. No one is going to die or get pregnant if you are hungry for a little while. (this one because it made me laugh!)

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, RES said:

1. What are your hunger cues? Are you forcing yourself to eat more when you're not hungry because you don't want to waste food? Are you eating because it's time, not because you're truly hungry?

2. If you're hungry again within two hours you're probably not eating enough, you should be able to go four hours between meals.

3. Are you able to go for a walk or better yet, do downward dog after eating? If you feel like you're going to get sick doing this you've probably ate too much.

4. No one is going to die or get pregnant if you are hungry for a little while. (this one because it made me laugh!)

Love, love, love this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Calibre said:

Great Goals!! Watching You!! Happy Nerdaversary!!

eyes eyes.gif

Thank you!! Welcome back!

• Like 2

regarding #3

what is the three year plan?  apologies if you've already posted it--

but definitely if you're getting to the gym 3-5 times a week; thats EPIC!

since my morning routine got trashed I'm not in the gym like I should be

anyways you're clearly doing great! 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, TGP said:

regarding #3

what is the three year plan?  apologies if you've already posted it--

but definitely if you're getting to the gym 3-5 times a week; thats EPIC!

since my morning routine got trashed I'm not in the gym like I should be

anyways you're clearly doing great! 

Thank you!!

The three year plan I kind of referenced in my last challenge, has to do mostly with getting our debt paid off (with the exception of mortgage and student loans) and then determining where life is going to go from there (on a personal level) There's a lot of issues I don't discuss on here regarding my relationship but suffice it to say it's not much of one...I'm giving it this time to 'show me' if you will, if that is how I want to live the rest of my life (hope this explanation makes sense)

Gym has been happening in the evening this week, much to my dismay....she had a 'guest pass' but could only use it during certain hours...I'll be glad when I can go back to mornings but at least it's some type of support right now

• Like 5

I also have RA. Are you on meds? I was, but not anymore. I'm doing pretty well without them, as long as I keep the stress levels down and my emotions balanced. They seem to cause flares more than anything else. I started meditating and that helps a lot. I listen to Michael Sealey on Youtube. His accent is captivating :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RES said:

Thank you!!

The three year plan I kind of referenced in my last challenge, has to do mostly with getting our debt paid off (with the exception of mortgage and student loans) and then determining where life is going to go from there (on a personal level) There's a lot of issues I don't discuss on here regarding my relationship but suffice it to say it's not much of one...I'm giving it this time to 'show me' if you will, if that is how I want to live the rest of my life (hope this explanation makes sense)

Gym has been happening in the evening this week, much to my dismay....she had a 'guest pass' but could only use it during certain hours...I'll be glad when I can go back to mornings but at least it's some type of support right now

Always remember you deserve to be happy now.....not just 3 years from now.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jenkofb said:

I also have RA. Are you on meds? I was, but not anymore. I'm doing pretty well without them, as long as I keep the stress levels down and my emotions balanced. They seem to cause flares more than anything else. I started meditating and that helps a lot. I listen to Michael Sealey on Youtube. His accent is captivating :)

I don't take meds, for that or for the nerve damage in my neck...I don't like how they make me feel, I would rather be in pain than be numb. Oddly enough, the endorphins I get from working out help more than anything !

3 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Always remember you deserve to be happy now.....not just 3 years from now.

I know, and I am in a sense with everything else in my life...it's not an abusive or 'bad' relationship...more like we might as well be roommates

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RES said:

I know, and I am in a sense with everything else in my life...it's not an abusive or 'bad' relationship...more like we might as well be roommates

I remember what is going on.  I am not saying give up. Just demand more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RES said:

It could be worse? No, that's not really what I mean. I mean your clarity of perspective is a great strength. Giving yourself time to gather data before making a big decision is great too, but your clarity for seeing your relationship and living situation as analytically as you do is a great strength. I've gone through years with blinders on, in a bad relationship, in a bad living situation, because singular focus on other aspects of my life distracted me from truths in front of my face.  I wouldn't recommend it. It's a hard hole to climb out of.

• Like 1

5k Done! :D m0kCHGL.jpg

23 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

It could be worse? No, that's not really what I mean. I mean your clarity of perspective is a great strength. Giving yourself time to gather data before making a big decision is great too, but your clarity for seeing your relationship and living situation as analytically as you do is a great strength. I've gone through years with blinders on, in a bad relationship, in a bad living situation, because singular focus on other aspects of my life distracted me from truths in front of my face.  I wouldn't recommend it. It's a hard hole to climb out of.

Familiar with bad, abusive, relationships...my ex-husband taught me plenty in regards to that :( A few ex girlfriends filled in the rest of the blanks,. Trust me when I say it's nothing like that!

The biggest reason is how intertwined everything is, it's not fair to force things now and cause even more chaos. It's been almost 8 years I can wait 3 more until things are paid off and taken care of. I do care for her, I've just resigned myself it's never going to be anything like a relationship like I need it to be.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, T2sarahconnor said:

I remember what is going on.  I am not saying give up. Just demand more.

This is why I love you twin :D 

Been demanding for years to no avail...

• Like 9

On 1/14/2019 at 3:39 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

That smile tho <3

Endorphins are amazing things :D 

• Like 4

Spoiler

I doubted for a few minutes if i should post this, cause i got the feeling you don't want to put too much attention on this on here, but somehow i feel like i need this to be off of my chest, therefore i'm gonna make it short and sweet: 3 years is a long time in any stage of a life.

Now... that glorious smile!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor in love sigh gif

• Like 2

Following!  I was wondering where your post had gone, then remembered the new challenge.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, RES said:

Going to do NF yoga tonight for my relax goal, catching up on some podcasts I follow and a few I found over the holiday break...the following points struck a chord with me and I thought they might help someone else

I've been doing NF yoga too. I hope it helps you. I usually feel better afterwards.

For point (1), sometimes you have to eat when you have a break because you know it will be hours before you have another chance. That falls under planning ahead to have balanced meals for the day.

I like (2) and (3). Whoever wrote (4) has not been around me after 10:00am on a morning when I didn't eat anything. I usually don't feel all that hungry. I can tell I need food because I get shaky and short-tempered.

• Like 2

Realized I never did an "official" update last week :o 

1. Get to the gym three times a week, with flexibility for work/extenuating circumstances. In those cases I will go as many times as possible. Either taking walking breaks or walking on the treadmill to get to at least 8,000 steps a day, every day,  with running intervals every other day will be part of this and separate from gym time, that time will be used for weights and stuff I'm unable to do at home.

Last week went to the gym 5 (!) times, and did a 5k on Saturday. 8,000+ steps were only reached two days, however my prior goal of 6,000 steps was exceeded every day but two, and one of those is suspect because I was on the elliptical for 20 minutes (all the treadmills were full) and it sure felt like more than it said it was! :lol: Running intervals were not done because I had anxiety about doing them in a crowded gym, strength training was not done for the same reason and all the resolution-ers around.

This week week gym was done three times, strength training done with my PT yesterday, 8,000 steps was reached zero times :( crazy week at work

2. Continue to listen to my hunger, not my appetite! Eat real food, plan menus ahead of time to make life easier. Continue to prep breakfast/lunch/snacks for the week and during season

For the most part this was done, overdid it a bit this Tuesday after the Pride meeting. Ordered from one of our favorite places (beer cheese soup...yummy!) should have left the giant chocolate chip cookies off, was a bit much. Doughnuts in the break room were my downfall on Thursday, but I didn't eat them to the point I was overfull so 1/2 a win.

3. Live life, don't stress over it. Continue working towards the three year plan.

Done, didn't skip out on myself last Saturday and come up with an excuse not to go to the 5k. Continuing to adjust finances as things come up to stay on track I have a good reason for not attending the Women's march today, parking downtown is a nightmare when there's not an event, when there is, is insanity!

4. Drink water, get sleep, reduce cortisol production (I stress a LOT over bullshit I can't control)

What is sleep? Couple nights I couldn't figure that out (which is why I didn't get to the gym those mornings) turns out that I should have gone in the evening, slept like a baby last night! Could also have been due to the fact my trainer is a sadist (which those who know me know I don't mind that :lol: )

ETA: I am almost to this months goal weight (.2 away) when I weighed in this morning :D 

On 1/16/2019 at 1:40 AM, Mr_Willes said:
Spoiler

I doubted for a few minutes if i should post this, cause i got the feeling you don't want to put too much attention on this on here, but somehow i feel like i need this to be off of my chest, therefore i'm gonna make it short and sweet: 3 years is a long time in any stage of a life.

Now... that glorious smile!!!

Never feel like you have to censor yourself on my thread my friend! You're right, and I do agree with you, it's more about doing the right thing and being able to face the person I see in the mirror...doing something that makes me unable to look her in the eye and be comfortable with the choices she's made is unacceptable. To hurt another human being like that AND leave them in a horrible financial situation not entirely of their own making would make looking her in the eye impossible.

Thank you..I'm horrendous at accepting complements graciously, I'm trying to work on that :D 

On 1/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, Mistr said:

Following!  I was wondering where your post had gone, then remembered the new challenge

I'm glad you did! I had not found your new challenge thread either :) I would miss your stories if I hadn't!

On 1/16/2019 at 5:30 PM, Mistr said:

I've been doing NF yoga too. I hope it helps you. I usually feel better afterwards.

For point (1), sometimes you have to eat when you have a break because you know it will be hours before you have another chance. That falls under planning ahead to have balanced meals for the day.

I like (2) and (3). Whoever wrote (4) has not been around me after 10:00am on a morning when I didn't eat anything. I usually don't feel all that hungry. I can tell I need food because I get shaky and short-tempered.

I love NF yoga, purchased it when it was first released but haven't done much of it for the last couple years (no room in the RV, and excuses after moving into the house) 

They actually addressed that in (1), basically suggesting the not eating to excess, enough to get you to when you are able to eat again. Regarding (4) I would say while your stomach may not be growling those are some definite hunger cues!

On 1/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, Calibre said:

So, we're getting hungry for more updates!!! It's not ball season yet!! :D 

Sorry about that, I'm Ranger ambassador for the new level 1's and that forum kinda exploded and I was trying to keep up! :P 

1 hour ago, BardicGarlic said:

We get endorphins from anticipating your update!

:lol: I was in the process when this came in!

Crazy week at work, computer issues for a couple days had me feeling like I was so behind...I really wasn't but it still felt like it!

74 days till season starts, FL/FLS and high school games in the three weeks leading up to that...game times released yesterday! I love this time of year, you can feel the excitement and readiness for it all to begin every time you walk into our office :D I want to share something with you all...this is the kind of thing that makes me love what I do...we received this email last week, names have been removed for privacy reasons;

Hello Team,

I wanted to share something with everyone that Xxxx received in the mail. What looked like another thank you card with a 20$ bill  from a season ticket holder turned out to be a little extra special this morning. To save your eyes, I typed out a transcript below. This is the impact we have the opportunity to make every single day. To quote DRatz, “If this doesn’t fire you up, you’re in the wrong business.”

Xxxx,

This is Xxx Xxx. You and I have spoken several times on the phone as you’ve helped me arrange seats for my Dad, Xxx Xxxx. My Dad passed into Heaven early Christmas morning. Several months before he passed he handed me $20 and asked that I send it to you. He was always impressed with what a “nice gentleman” you  were. I stuck the money in my purse and got busy.

This past summer you sent my Father a baseball he requested. No signatures , just a ball that had been used in a game. It was sitting on the table beside his chair when I went to his house after he passed. It about broke my heart seeing it and I have had to put it away for a while.

My husband and I look forward to having a hot dog and a beer this summer while watching the Shrimp and wishing he was there too. I just want you to know that it is the little things that matter and a man is known by his kindness. Thank you for your Kindness to me and My Father

Sincerely,

Xxxxx Xxxxx,

Edited by RES
goal weight
  • Like 6