Under the Bridge 3.0

Mr_Willes

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor disclaimer gif

My overarching goal for 2019:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor short and skinny gif

That is putting it quite short and sweet. But what i really want is .TO.BE.READY. and .HAVE.FUN.  For me this means, that i need to be strong but also mobile, with stamina being ready to take on the world any time of day. Counter-productive to this is the fact that i put my CF on hold. There a couple of (small) reasons why i did this.

• I just wasn't having much fun during the WOD's. For most of the time i did one specialization workout and one regular workout a week. Where i was looking forward to the specialization class (cause that was an hour of Barbell time learning Oly movements) i wasn't looking forward to the regular CF workout.
  • At the same time i was juggling time with the family. Monday i would work a 9,5 hour day, so on Tuesday i could leave work early to put in an hour of CF (which took me in total 2.5h, leaving at 4 coming home at 6:30). Same goes for wednesday and thursday. So while i normally would be home around 5 from work, last year i was home at 5:30 and 6:30. Which also meant that on tuesday and thursday i would miss having dinner with the family. For the last 5 years or so my wife is going to cooking school on monday, where she doesn't eat with us, friday my boy goes to Jiu Jitsu and we eat afterwards, makes for a total of one regular family dinner a week.
  • With the current situation of family, work and CF i just couldn't fit in a lifting program.

So now i made the decision to pause the CF and go back to my first love, LIFTING HEAVY SHIT

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor HEAVY SHIT gif

Starting with the basics again. Also i am eyeballing the beginners power lifting meet that is pretty close by somewhere in June. To dedicate myself even more i bought an online powerlifting program called "The Bridge 3.0" from Barbell Medicine, some of you might be familiair with Jordan Feigenbaum/Austin Baraki and Alan Thrall. I have been following them ever since Alan joined up with them (i was following Alan before that). And they make a lot of sense, which really resonates with me. Basically i want to go back to doing stuff i like and just as usual make most of life, while i have to realize i am a working dad that has other responsibilities too. Make most of life, okay, easier said than done. First i have to know what is important to me.

###########

### Important things in life ###

###########

1. HUMOR

Cause if it ain't fun than why do it? I (like to believe i) earned the title of  "Chief of General Menace". Fun is a very important thing in life for me. One of my all-time goals is to have as much fun as possible! Be it at home, at work, online, with friends, me-time. Everything has to be fun. This doesn't mean that there isn't a ton of stuff i do that i don't like, but this always one way or another contributes to some other things that enables me to have more fun. The reason this is my number one, is (as some of you will already know) i lost my dad a couple of years (17 already) ago. At the age of 56. In my eyes there was a lot of stuff he hadn't done yet, though he really wanted it. I swore this wouldn't happen to me. I'm always telling people, my tombstone can read: "he did everything he wanted". Now i make sure, i never say, "he lived his life to the fullest". Cause i am capable of a lot more than i am doing now, but i just can't do those things without losing focus on other things that are important to me. But for now, enough with the wallowing, let's get on with those other things that are important to me.

2. FAMILY

I have a wife, kids, a dog, a house and a mortgage. Which means i am a husband, father, a dog-owner/lover, house owner and i need to bring in money to make sure everyone has a good life. They are the most important thing in my life. Now we have a great little family, my wife is the best wife in the world, i firmly believe there is no one in the world that's a better fit for me than her. My son is like a mini-me version of me, so what's not to like.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mini me love gif

Other people (family, friends, teachers, etc) tell me he is a friendly, caring and social person with a lot of humor (especially the humor is what wins them over). My girl is the sweetest girl in the world, and daddies little girl. She has the sweetest heart (with lots and lots of cuddles for dad) but in the blink of an eye can turn into this mischievous little devilspawn of a child. We have not seen the last of her. I.HAVE.THE.BEST.DOG a dog owner could wish. I have put in some effort to training him, and it has paid out fantastic. There is not one single angry bone in his body, and if he would have his way we would be cuddling on the couch all day long! I feel really blessed that i can provide a good place to live for them and we don't have to worry (much) about financial stuff. This situation has been created by years and years of just making solid decisions. At the end of the first part (1. HUMOR) i said i don't live life to the fullest, and the reason why is to protect this situation for my family!

3. ME

I am important. If you followed me this far, you just read all the things that are most important to me. Well a lot of that is dependent on me being there. This means i must stay in shape, both physically as mentally. I am blessed with a sturdy base. I'm not sick often, nothing chronically wrong with me.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif

Okay, well, i'm sorta fine. And a lot of what i do is to juggle all important things, which also means that i must stay sane. Thankfully i'm not that hard to please. I have a lot of hobbies which usually have some social aspect to it. Which fits in beautifully with other important stuff. (BBQ'ing in the garden on warm summer evening with friends and family for example, ticks a lot of boxes at the same time)!

4. FRIENDS

Growing up our group of friends just expanded and expanded. We started with a group of 4 round puberty, and by the time we were about 20 this group has expanded to about 28. Now with a group that large you can't be good friends with everyone. And thus we have these smaller circles of friends. Topping with my best friend (you know that one friend you can call in the middle of night, tell him to bring a shovel and a large plastic bag, and all he asks is: "where to"). I feel very blessed to have such a large variety of people to call friends.

Regarding this first Challenge of 2019. I have come to the realization i don't have what it takes to become RIPPED, thus i want to maximize my effort to become SWOLE

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor swole vs cut

I'm gonna train my butt off with the new lifting program i have acquired. While i will still be actively looking at my eating habits and somehow will make it work to get some running or equivalent in. Also sleep will not be underrated, and since giving=receiving, i will try to follow as much of you as i can. So without further ado on to the goals of this challenge (which will be built off of last challenges goals).

Exercise:

Lifting, 3 times a week according to "The Bridge 3.0"

Extra, once a week, some additional upper body stuff or a running session, doesn't matter much, just an extra workout.

Nutrition:

Breakfast, continuing what i have started last challenge, just a straight up simple breakfast consisting of creatine/protein mix

Lunch, just a normal lunch, i want to change up the things i'm taking to work, so i'm not stating (just yet) what this will consist of.

No beer, last challenge was a pretty good sign that i don't need any drinks. Now i'm also not gonna restrict myself to completely no beer, but it has to be the right occasion.

Sleep:

This worked out great last challenge so i'm sticking to this format. Goal is to be in bed before midnight, bonus point of i can get in before 11.

Check-ins:

Daily check-ins during the week is no problem. Weekends are still pretty busy, though things are looking good. So i'm also sticking to the same format again.

• Like 16

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

23 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Aww MW, this is a really heartfelt challenge and i loved reading it. You are a lucky man, and we are lucky to have you here xx

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor omg gif

You read the whole thing? Holy shitballs!

But thanx for your kind reply. If i didn't already felt this way, your reply would have made me fall a little bit in love with your personality!

13 minutes ago, annyshay said:

That was super sweet. Can't wait to see you go get your goals!

Oow Anny thank you very much! Yeah i'm gonna be all macho posting vids and numbers of lifting and shit ;)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor biceps funny gif

• Like 3

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

So now i made the decision to pause the CF and go back to my first love, LIFTING HEAVY SHIT

Fuck yeah! Following for the lifting of all the heavy shit. You've got some catching up to do Bro! 

• Thanks 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Just now, jonfirestar said:

Fuck yeah! Following for the lifting of all the heavy shit. You've got some catching up to do Bro! 

Oow yes, please, put me up for competition!

My e1RM are:

SQ 140 KG

BP 70 KG

DL 140 KG

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

Following for the contrasting images of you the gif poster vs you the family man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following for the contrasting images of you the gif poster vs you the family man.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor don't act surprised gif

qualities i both like to uphold! But thank you for pointing that out!

• Like 2

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

18 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

SQ 140 KG

BP 70 KG

DL 140 KG

SQ 150 KG

BP 80 KG

DL 170 KG 

These are all tested 1RM numbers from November ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

54 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

49 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Oow yes, please, put me up for competition!

My e1RM are:

SQ 140 KG

BP 70 KG

DL 140 KG

30 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

SQ 150 KG

BP 80 KG

DL 170 KG 

I think I just saw some gauntlets being thrown down. I gotta watch this. Following!

• Like 3

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

28 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

SQ 150 KG

BP 80 KG

DL 170 KG 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor schweet gif

This looks promising!

I'm also reading up on nutrition, and things look like i'm gonna be picking up MFP again. I do not look forward to that.

• Like 2

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

34 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

This looks promising!

RCEpKqi.png

Gotta get those buttocks back into squeezing shape ;) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Here for the general menace :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I love the Barbell Medicine crew.  Happy Challenge!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Happy New Year near neighbor :) you and your dear ones are so very worth it, go crush those goals!

• Thanks 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

11 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Topping with my best friend (you know that one friend you can call in the middle of night, tell him to bring a shovel and a large plastic bag, and all he asks is: "where to").

I feel very fortunate to have one of these too...quality over quantity.

11 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Congrats on this decision! Always do what you love!

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to this too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Swole Wiles is quality Wiles. 

[borrows @Miaulins Pom poms, shakes them awkwardly ]

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the year of living trippily

So Very Current: Self-Care    Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

I loved the deep insights into the motivations behind your goals.  Really uplifting and heartwarming challenge arrangement, old friend!

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.