• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

7 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

Pretty consistent heart rate  pattern there. Good job on the WOD. 25 snatches per arm for 4 rounds even sounds brutal.

No no 25 total per round (switching arms each rep)

i don’t think I could survive 50 total with that weight. My body would just explode. 

Motivational screaming man is doing inspirational show tunes today. 

I swear to god I am not making this up

currently we’re on the soundtrack to “Rent”

• Like 4

I love the sound of this guy so much. Send him to me.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saturday workout, after screaming man left and I got down to business (he did not do “eye of the tiger”, but I didn’t ask, either)

tonight was a crossfit Metcon called DT. I warmed up on the stationary bike for 15 minutes first. 

5 rounds at #80

12 deadlifts

9 hang cleans

6 push press (overhead press)

I can’t find my last DT so I’m not sure if my time got any better - I finished in 22:37 - but wow, it went a ton better than I ever remember doing it before. I managed to get ALL the hang clean segments unbroken except for the last one, which is huge for me - hang cleans are by far my weakest power move. I paced well and broke it up intelligently, going from the push press that ends each round straight into the deadlifts, which are the easiest move. THEN I would take a break before starting the hang cleans. I watched an old YouTube of Sara Sigmundsdottir doing heavy DT and she broke the segments up (not exactly the same way but the same amount) and by god if it’s good enough for her to pace the workout with breaks then it’s good enough for me. Especially since I’m twice her age. 

So all in all I felt fantastic about this. I was hammered at the end and I don’t even want to consider what my form was like those last couple of overheads, but as long as I don’t actually drop the bar on my head I’m okay with it. I had to sit down and catch my breath for a few minutes. 

Then I did 30 minutes on the rower which was mostly death by boredom. 4600 meters I think. 

I am not a gym selfie person but I really wish I’d done one today - the two workouts had my shoulders and traps poppin’.  I’m usually very self concious of how big my traps are (I was a photo assistant for years and moving the equipment around gave me freakishly large shoulders) but today for once I didn’t care; i was just pleased with what I could do. I hope tomorrow’s workout isn’t shoulders, though. That would hurt. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, deftona said:
5 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I love the sound of this guy so much. Send him to me.

I’ll have him washed and sent to your tent 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sunday update: not going to workout today because I’m hella sore again (I always forget how much leg goes into deadlifts and hang cleans; I think of them as back/arm stuff) BUT the big news of the day is that I went back through my exercise journal and apparently I’ve NEVER done DT for all five rounds (at least not in the last 10 months). I found three entries for that workout and in all of them I gassed out in the fourth round (one of them in the third round) AND my times for the workout were in the 30-32 minute range. This is unbelievable. It means I’ve gotten fitter, because I’m able to do all five rounds, AND faster overall. 

I am super stoked about this. It’s the best way possible to end week two, with such tangible evidence of improvements. 

RAWR

442F519C-C057-4E54-89C9-201E9656717F.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I found three entries for that workout and in all of them I gassed out in the fourth round (one of them in the third round) AND my times for the workout were in the 30-32 minute range. This is unbelievable. It means I’ve gotten fitter, because I’m able to do all five rounds, AND faster overall. 

Way to kick some ass Trippy! Nice job!

Nothing to update, I just started a new project so the next ten days is going to be pretty hectic. I’m hoping to squeeze in a few workouts, maybe do some cardio at home. 

I think I go sub-30 days today

10B2E7A8-1177-4183-9B12-07C3AAC6D37D.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, DJtrippyT said:

I’ve gotten fitter

Great job!  It's always awesome to see progress and the results of hard work.  Keep it up!