Grumble Cleans up and Clears out.

Grumble

They are called incentive spirometers and they are for all the purposes listed so far. They often hand them out after intubation or surgery (which often involves intubation, because the lungs get weak after having a machine do their job for them. It's to help build them back up, failure to do so puts one at risk if things like pneumonia. I've stood around in hospital rooms while respiratory therapists have explained them.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

You kind of convinced everyone it's a good thing that Grumble sucks while running.

So, yes. You helped. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

Closing out this nonsense.

I forgot I was going to be traveling for a week. I am the worst eater in the world when I'm

a) traveling alone, and

b) traveling on someone else's dime.

Let's just say that the food related goals of this challenge died a delicious, intoxicated, umami enhanced death.

In other news, the cleaning was good managed to get the rest of my chair space cleaned up down in the garage before I left. 

Got in 3 runs while I was gone. Not as far as I wanted to, but I hate treadmill running so I ran as far as my brain could handle staring at a wall.

Had trouble sleeping, brain stuck in study mode, so outside of the first day I had multiple meditation sessions, and I think they helped, I got enough sleep to not be exhausted, but not so much that I had to reacquaint myself with PST.

Over all, about a 50/50 split in my goals. Didn't quite hit the twice a day posting, exceptionally difficult considering how often I shut my phone down after 20:30.

In the interest of transparancy, I can't honestly give myself actual score, so I'm just going to change the highlight to green for positive or red for negative completion.

Cleaning
Running
Alcohol
Meditation
Added Sugar
Intermittent fasting
Twice daily posts

Because I am less than 50% successfully completed, I am going to be returning the very nice headphones I bought. I still *need* a new pair, since mine got stolen, but I will not award failure with reward. 
  • Like 5

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

43 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I forgot I was going to be traveling for a week. I am the worst eater in the world when I'm

a) traveling alone, and

b) traveling on someone else's dime.

Travelling and eating healthy  is hard because I find it bizarrely difficult to make prudent choices at restaurants. If I try to pick something healthy on a menu it just gives me intense, neurotic indecision/fomo/course envy/guilt. I don't feel that way when I make my own semi-healthy food, though. For some reason menus just make me neurotic and bring out my inner sméagol.

Anyway, glad you're still here in the challenge trenches. Did you know that February will be glorious? Yes. It was revealed to me in a vision. 

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

13 hours ago, Harriet said:

Anyway, glad you're still here in the challenge trenches. Did you know that February will be glorious? Yes. It was revealed to me in a vision. 

giphy.gif

also i'd look at your challenge as having 4 more goals than it probably should have. when you recalculate, that's 100% success. you created a goal to get off the phone and another to post on here twice per day... i just think that maybe you should give yourself some credit for sticking to the one that kept your sanity mostly intact.

• Like 3

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also i'd look at your challenge as having 4 more goals than it probably should have. when you recalculate, that's 100% success. you created a goal to get off the phone and another to post on here twice per day... i just think that maybe you should give yourself some credit for sticking to the one that kept your sanity mostly intact.

The off the phone was last challenge, the point of the twice a day was to hold myself accountable to a schedule. I didn't quite make it. But sometimes the point of a challenge is to understand your limitations, and I learned that I am limited in my ability to deal with redundancy. SOmething I probably need to work on, especially as I move up career-wise, but in that case I guess you can call it a success in the order of understanding.

• Like 4

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Learning something important about yourself is a huge success. Let's not underestimate the future successes this typically lead to. :)

• Like 5

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36