• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13 hours ago, BardicGarlic said:

Rain is cool!

Snow is cooler! (But my heart is all about the rain)

W2D6 (Friday)

Activity: 14,530 steps, 5,008 cals out. 0.5 mile walk outside.

Food: 2,517 cals in, 45% carb,  44% fat,  11% protein. Didn't stay on plan too well, but not totally unhinged.

W2D7 (Saturday)

Activity: 12,122 steps, 4,306 cals out. 0.5 mile walk with friend, and an additional 4 miles outside.

Food: 2,020 cals in,  40% fat,  40% carb,  20% protein. Also not well on plan. It has been a couple stressful days.

Weighed this morning was 349.8 lbs. Down 2.1 pounds from last week. Happy to see motion again this week. Would have been happier to see closer to 4 pounds, but I'll take what I can get.

Decided this morning to "downgrade" from the Fitbit Versa to the Alta. Wish I had done it ages ago. The Versa never worked right, was too thick, and had a bunch of features I couldn't use because it wouldn't sync constantly, and probably wouldn't have used any way. Much happier with the smaller, more basic model. Used some of the price different to get a pair of bluetooth earbuds, and decided to break them both in with a nice long walk this afternoon.

• Like 6

I've had several Fitbits over the years and it's frustrating how many issues they have that are unsupported or known and they don't fix them. Yet they remain one of the more popular fitness trackers (full disclosure, I still have one, and a garmin, I wear them both, the fitbit doesn't track nearly as well as the garmin :lol: )

• Like 2

I was eyeing a Versa for when my Charge 2 dies, but now I am undecided again.

Last time I checked, the Fitbits are still the most detailed sleep trackers out there, and I use a lot of that data. And it seems to me the more features they have, the more things go wrong. :P 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RES said:

I've had several Fitbits over the years and it's frustrating how many issues they have that are unsupported or known and they don't fix them.

6 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I was eyeing a Versa for when my Charge 2 dies, but now I am undecided again.

I got a Charge HR back in '15, and for the most part I really liked it, but was disappointed with the quality.  Went through a few replacements while still on the 1 year warranty from the band falling apart, and the floor counter was ridiculously bad. The floor counter was just as bad on the Versa (overcounting by 40+ floors some days), and I wasn't all that interested in the extra features, that wouldn't work anyway 'cause it wouldn't sync with my phone most of the time.

I'm hoping that the Alta HR, with the replaceable band, and not counting floors, is going to not have the quality issues I had before. I also like that it is smaller; the Versa felt too bulky for me. So far, I am really happy with it.

• Like 3

W3D1 (Sunday)

Activity: 4,418 steps, 3,500 cals out. No walking outside :apologetic:

Food: No tracking, probably too much.

Spent a good chunk of today with some older friends. The husband is in the ongoing process of recovering from a brain injury just before Thanksgiving. It was good to spend time with them, but everything else went out the window today. Back on track tomorrow.

• Like 2

I have a fitbit Charge HR, and a Tomtom Cardio (and a jawbone up and a Nike+...) but the only one that works right now is the fitbit.  The Tomtom was my favorite of the bunch but I can't get a replacement band for it anywhere :( 

• Like 1

I liked the HR I had, but when the second on in as many years had the band start to separate from the screen (known issue that I'd gotten a prior replacement for) and they told me it was out of warranty but they would be happy to give me a discount to purchase another tracker, I was done....I have a flex 2 now, only because it was free with a program through my insurance. My favorite was my Samsung Gear Pro, the band came lose and the screen cracked when it fell off my arm :hopelessness:

• Like 1