Christmas is over, time to get back on track!

Introduction

I've never been big on New Year's Resolutions (he types on New Year's Eve), but I've been feeling the itch to get real about taking care of myself for a couple months now, but the timing hasn't been right. I'm an amature musician for my church, playing violin in a small ensemble and playing with a bell choir, and between extra practices and performances, December was not the right time to try and make major changes; so this isn't New Year's but Post-Christmas Resolutions!

I've been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I crossed the 300 lb mark in high school, and haven't been under it since. I came close back in 2015, but then the wheels came off my life and I've been failing to get tracktion again ever since.

What worked for me in 2015 was following the Nerd Fitness Academy, and posting in forums with people like minded people; I'm hoping that Secret Sauce works for me again.

Starting Point

6'3" Tall

Currently 361.4 lbs (Highest Weight 375 lbs) (Lowest Weight 305.9 lbs on Dec 7 2015)

Being treated for Narcolepsy, low thyroid and low testosterone.

Amazingly not Diabetic, but I know that if I don't change my current path, it is only a matter of time.

Long Term Goals:

1.     Lose 111 pounds. I don’t know what a healthy weight will end up being for me, but I know it’ll be easier to see down at 250.

2.     Eliminate all debt (including my student loan) by the end of 2024.  I’ve got a few other milestones slated for that year, and I want that milestone to make the list.

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

I think those are both good goals. I might make the first a little more specific. For instance,  my resolution was to lose an inch every two weeks for the first month and then to maintain that goal. What methods are you considering for losing that weight? I have been having good results with intermittent fasting, and I've heard that the keto diet MELTS off fat (however, It is said to be as hard as it is effective) I am going to start with the paleo diet again this year. It is easier to follow than the keto diet and less restrictive.

• Like 1

"MAKING EXCUSES BURNS ZERO CALORIES"

Battle Log

Current Challenges:  Walk to Mordor 2019

23 hours ago, isaac10991 said:

I think those are both good goals. I might make the first a little more specific. For instance,  my resolution was to lose an inch every two weeks for the first month and then to maintain that goal. What methods are you considering for losing that weight? I have been having good results with intermittent fasting, and I've heard that the keto diet MELTS off fat (however, It is said to be as hard as it is effective) I am going to start with the paleo diet again this year. It is easier to follow than the keto diet and less restrictive.

I put more details on the plan over on the 4-week challenge. Right now, I don't have a specific "pounds per week" goal,  instead, after talking with my doctor, I'm going to try sticking to a Keto meal plan for the next four weeks, and log all of my food.  Ideally, that will result in weight loss, but I'm looking more at method for now. If Keto doesn't feel sustainable after the 4-week challenge, I'll reasses and find something else to try.

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler