The Comeback Tour - Redux [Endor}

A long long time ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away...on a Forest Moon....I found Nerd Fitness, lost a lot of weight and got healthy, fit and strong. 

Today however is 1 Jan 2019 and the times they are a changing. I'm going back to my roots and will be reading over some old NF articles and challenges. I'll probably revise my goals each month in this log, so here is January:

January Goals:

- No alcohol

- No bread

- Angry Birds workout 3 times a week (Mon, Thurs, Sat)

Starting weight Jan 1 2019:

98.9 kg's / 198 lbs (this is my heaviest ever)

Final Weight Target:

78.9kg's

So yeah...20 kg's to lose. I'm experienced enough to know that the scales lie and i should be losing fat not muscle.

Anyway that's the plan for now, keep the goals basic and get some momentum going again.  

• Like 5

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

48 minutes ago, Choronodon said:

You can do it! My condolences about your losses in 2018 :(

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Here's a blast from the past! Good to see you again :) I'll swing by your log and see what's going on ;) 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 1 completed!

Washed my car which was long overdue.

I also put some stuff on ebay which is been meaning to do for ages it sold within 2 hours. Good to have some extra for my savings fund to get a ute. (Pickup truck).

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Day 2 in the bag as well, today is day 3. I woke up feeling like I'd slept pretty well again, it is a nice feeling. I'm also slightly more alert today. 

I went to look at a few utes (trucks) today, I'm considering buying one of them but I'm not sure. It has an oil leak which the owner tells me he's fixed and is just leftover residue but I'm not so sure. 

Nice long drive in my car through winding country roads  :) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

17 hours ago, Choronodon said:

If I may ask - why the interest in trucks?

My car is a 2 seater, I could do with 4 seats and I have some renovations to do on my house so a truck will come in handy. We're thinking about doing some camping too so if I can pick up (pun intended :P ) a 4x4 that would be even better. Got a mate with a farm which I like to visit as well, Ute is comfortable for going up there. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

First Angry Birds workout done!

Squats = 24, 24 = *** level up! 

Push ups = 10, 10 = *** level up!

Bent Over Row (15kg) =  10, 10 = *

Planks = 32 secs, 32 secs = *** level up!

I'm so out of shape, but at least I have made a start.

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

My car is a 2 seater, I could do with 4 seats and I have some renovations to do on my house so a truck will come in handy. We're thinking about doing some camping too so if I can pick up (pun intended [emoji14] ) a 4x4 that would be even better. Got a mate with a farm which I like to visit as well, Ute is comfortable for going up there. 
A 2 seater huh? A manual I assume? Kinda jealous. My car got totalled out in June, I loved it - a manual coupe - just sporty enough. Replaced it with something mostly just for work commute, but big enough for the whole family. Not much fun though (wife got the fun car).

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

On 1/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, Choronodon said:

A 2 seater huh? A manual I assume? Kinda jealous. My car got totalled out in June, I loved it - a manual coupe - just sporty enough. Replaced it with something mostly just for work commute, but big enough for the whole family. Not much fun though (wife got the fun car).

Manual of course ;) It's a Mazda MX5,  1998 model, heaps of fun! Even after owning it for 4 years I still make excuses to drive it! Done a couple of track days 2, it's an awesome car. 

Remind me, are you in UK or USA? It's called a Miata in the USA. 

Bummer about your car being totalled, I've killed quite a few in my time so I can sympathise! What's the fun car your wife is driving?

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

10 hours ago, zenLara said:

I hear you in that 2018 has been a hard year, but we've got to keep trying :)

Hoping the best for your goals, and welcome back to the fight!

Thanks and good to see you again, Happy new Year! :) 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Sunday 6th Jan

- 6 days no alcohol 

- Had Pizza on Friday night which I count as bread so that one is 5 days from 6

- Second Angry Birds workout done!

Squats (target 70 in 2 sets) = 35, 35 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 12, 6, 8, 6, 4 (total 36) = 0 ...work to do here!

Bent Over Row (15kg) (target 20 each arm 15kg) =  10, 10, 10 ,10  = *** level up

Planks (target 120 secs in 2 sets) = 60 secs, 32 secs, 28 secs = ** 

Also went for a walk, the furthest I have done since I broke my foot, got it just right as it's a bit sore now but not too bad. 

Found out the local leisure centre is doing a 1 day free pass for non-members, I had been planning to go swimming again there so I signed up and have a pass now. It includes entry to a competition to win a 1 year membership, would be cool if I won that. 

Little bit of exercise momentum starting....

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

8 hours ago, Endor said:

I researched some training materials and Azure certifications then watched a youtube on Azure.

What is that Azure thing?

8 hours ago, Endor said:

Also went for a walk, the furthest I have done since I broke my foot, got it just right as it's a bit sore now but not too bad. 

Nice!

• Like 1
On 1/3/2019 at 5:27 AM, Endor said:

I went to look at a few utes (trucks) today, I'm considering buying one of them but I'm not sure. It has an oil leak which the owner tells me he's fixed and is just leftover residue but I'm not so sure.

Have you decided about this one yet? Got any photos?

19 hours ago, Endor said:

Remind me, are you in UK or USA? It's called a Miata in the USA. 

Sweden It's Miata here as well

14 hours ago, Endor said:

Sunday 6th Jan

- 6 days no alcohol 

That's great! Keep at it!

14 hours ago, Endor said:

Squats (target 70 in 2 sets) = 35, 35 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 12, 6, 8, 6, 4 (total 36) = 0 ...work to do here!

Bent Over Row (15kg) (target 20 each arm 15kg) =  10, 10, 10 ,10  = *** level up

Planks (target 120 secs in 2 sets) = 60 secs, 32 secs, 28 secs = ** 

Well done on the workouts! Nice with the progress too Weight Lifting Strong

• Like 1

Heya there. Friend told me you need someone to keep you accountable so you can get your ass back in shape.

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

12 hours ago, zenLara said:

What is that Azure thing?

It's the cloud offering from Microsoft. Basically they put a bunch of computers in a big room and connect them to the internet with great network links then sell space on them to other companies, that's cloud in a nutshell. Amazon have a cloud called AWS,  Microsoft have one called Azure, Google called theirs Google Cloud. I have to learn Azure and AWS then do exams in them to prove I know my stuff. 

6 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Have you decided about this one yet? Got any photos?

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices now, Mitsubishi Triton or Toyota Hilux. 

This is the Triton I looked at and drove, I was thinking of buying it but it has an oil leak (supposedly fixed but the bottom of the engine was covered in fresh oil) and a 4WD sensor issue. Plus I got the impression the guy was lying to me, just intuition nothing concrete but I'm usually right on these things.

Few little things just weren't right, car hadn't been cleaned inside like I would if I wanted to sell it, I arrived 10 mins early and he was hosing it down, engine was already warm so i couldn't hear what it was like from cold, he did a lot of talking and kept saying he didn't know anything about cars but then when I asked him about a couple of things he knew all the terminology and talked in detail about some mechanical points, all these little things add up to make me suspicious. Shame because I liked the car. 

$_20.JPG

Toyota HiLux. This is the sort of one I want but they are 30% more for the same age/condition as the Tritons. 

$_20.JPG

6 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Well done on the workouts! Nice with the progress too Weight Lifting Strong

Thank you :) 

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Heya there. Friend told me you need someone to keep you accountable so you can get your ass back in shape.

Thanks DR, I need as much accountability as I can this time around, got a big number to make on the weight loss. You're inspiring me with your successful maintenance and being close to where I want to be (back to) too. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

14 minutes ago, Endor said:

Toyota HiLux. This is the sort of one I want

FWIW I like the looks of the first one better :)  

14 minutes ago, Endor said:

but they are 30% more for the same age/condition as the Tritons. 

But they also have a reputation of being built like tanks that can withstand anything and will live forever :) If it costs 30% more, but also lives 30% longer it's all the same in the end, isn't it? :)  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

If it costs 30% more, but also lives 30% longer it's all the same in the end, isn't it? :)  

Not if you haven't got the 30% in the first place! I try not to buy anything on credit so the temptation is to get the Triton so I can have it sooner. 

11 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

FWIW I like the looks of the first one better :)  

The Triton in that pic is top of the range and the Hilux close to bottom of the range (hilux still more expensive for same year). Hilux comes in tricked up versions with bull bar, rear sports bar, side steps etc. as well but they are more expensive. This sort of thing:

TOY_HiLux_Accessories_150806p5175lr-1.jp

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

3 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

I think I might have mentioned this before, but for the looks only I prefer the Ford Rangers :)  (This is a 2007 model)

Last week I went to an auction house and got the chance to look over about 10 Utes. The Nissan Navara and Ford Ranger interiors had really not aged well and were very worn out. The Holden (I thin you call this Opel) Rodeo was very old fashioned and boxy.   The Ranger has a pretty bad reputation over here, there were some serious engine issues with some of them (catching fire) and the build quality is very hit and miss. I agree they look quite nice but not good enough for the money. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge