The Comeback Tour - Redux [Endor}

1 minute ago, Tobbe said:

I'm a big fan of the "Super Cab" configuration

726-4.jpg

This is also what I want and is also much harder to find and more expensive than single or dual cab. They have usually been a builder's Ute and are very dirty inside or have a tray on the back instead of a tub. 

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 1/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, Endor said:

Manual of course ;) It's a Mazda MX5,  1998 model, heaps of fun! Even after owning it for 4 years I still make excuses to drive it! Done a couple of track days 2, it's an awesome car. 

Remind me, are you in UK or USA? It's called a Miata in the USA. 

Bummer about your car being totalled, I've killed quite a few in my time so I can sympathise! What's the fun car your wife is driving?

I'm in the USA.

OOOOO a Miata - those look like so much fun!! My first car was a Saturn ION quad coupe - almost exactly this:

03130061990014.thumb.jpg.5f2552015fd52e579b0345afea96488a.jpg

I bought it just before they (Saturn) released their Sky roadster. If I went back in time I think I'd make myself wait a few months and try one of those out:

2009-saturn-sky-6-1.thumb.jpg.9ebf5117e479f4d556f8d4ecd6afcf52.jpg

Anyways now I have a boring Kia Forte - gets me from point A to point B but that's about it. We got my wife a Mazda 3 - that's the fun car now!

On 1/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, Endor said:

Sunday 6th Jan

- 6 days no alcohol 

- Had Pizza on Friday night which I count as bread so that one is 5 days from 6

- Second Angry Birds workout done!

Squats (target 70 in 2 sets) = 35, 35 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 12, 6, 8, 6, 4 (total 36) = 0 ...work to do here!

Bent Over Row (15kg) (target 20 each arm 15kg) =  10, 10, 10 ,10  = *** level up

Planks (target 120 secs in 2 sets) = 60 secs, 32 secs, 28 secs = ** 

Also went for a walk, the furthest I have done since I broke my foot, got it just right as it's a bit sore now but not too bad. 

Found out the local leisure centre is doing a 1 day free pass for non-members, I had been planning to go swimming again there so I signed up and have a pass now. It includes entry to a competition to win a 1 year membership, would be cool if I won that. 

Little bit of exercise momentum starting....

Pretty stressed about work starting tomorrow, just want to get on with it now, was up at 5:30am today, couldn't sleep. I researched some training materials and Azure certifications then watched a youtube on Azure.

Only been 6 days but shorts feel slightly looser or rather not uncomfortably tight...I'm considering when to weigh-in, I think I might do it differently this time and weigh in only at the end of the month rather than every week. Will be interesting to see how that affects my state of mind, I've already been tempted to step on the scales! 

Way to go! Keep pushing the no alcohol - a week is about as far as I can make it so :applause:. Momentum is so vital to stuff like that, don't you think? Hardest part is always getting started.

You've got this certification stuff. Are you taking like the actual vendor exams for certification or something else?

How did first day (back?) to work go? 

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

7 hours ago, Choronodon said:

Saturn) released their Sky roadster

Cool little car, I'd like a ride in one of those. I have never heard of Saturn, looked them up, I see part of GM and now folded. The top one looks like what I know as a Ford Probe. 

We got my wife a Mazda 3 - that's the fun car now!

With the right mods that thing will haul ass. 

Are you taking like the actual vendor exams for certification or something else?

Yeah vendor exams. I've done an MCSE in the past, haven't done MS exams for years though so not sure how hard they are these days. 

How did first day (back?) to work go? 

Bit of a non-starter, found out my boss is on hols for another 2 weeks and the training I was hoping to do is not ready yet so I did some other stuff. Will go to office next week probably. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

- Third Angry Birds workout done! 

Squats (target 70 in 2 sets) = 50, 50 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 15, 9, 4, 7, 5 (total 40) = 0 ...work to do here!

Bent Over Row (15kg) (target 20 each arm 15kg) =  10, 10, 10 ,10  

Planks (target 120 secs in 2 sets) = 66 secs, 54 secs = 120 = *** level up!

Still making progress :) 

The good news: 

- Got my training schedule for Azure and completed 2 modules already today, it's turned out to be good material and is piqueing my interest.

- My vendor boss asked to meet me for coffee...not sure what this is about, haven't seen him for a few months and he rarely asks to meet up with me.....seeing him Thursday. 

The bad news:

Death is still following me, I found out yesterday one of my friends has lost her battle with breast cancer and passed away. Probably the warmest, most genuine, welcoming and friendly person I ever met. She was in her 40's, so very unfair at such a young age. I don't know if I have it in me to attend another funeral, will see when it is scheduled for, maybe Friday. 

Motivation has picked up and I'm actually beginning to feel a little healthy. Eating reasonably well too but not putting any requirements on that beyond no bread is helping me not to stress over it. The goals I've set myself are just right for this month I think. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

27 minutes ago, Endor said:

- Third Angry Birds workout done! 

Squats (target 70 in 2 sets) = 50, 50 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 15, 9, 4, 7, 5 (total 40) = 0 ...work to do here!

Bent Over Row (15kg) (target 20 each arm 15kg) =  10, 10, 10 ,10  

Planks (target 120 secs in 2 sets) = 66 secs, 54 secs = 120 = *** level up!

Still making progress :) 

Awesome! I read about the Angry Birds workout when you said you were doing it. Sounds like a pretty fun workout. And I like how they tell you how/when to level up :) 

29 minutes ago, Endor said:

The bad news:

Death is still following me, I found out yesterday one of my friends has lost her battle with breast cancer and passed away. Probably the warmest, most genuine, welcoming and friendly person I ever met. She was in her 40's, so very unfair at such a young age. I don't know if I have it in me to attend another funeral, will see when it is scheduled for, maybe Friday. 

Really sorry to hear that :(  My wife has a close friend/coworker who was recently diagnosed, and I can really see how it affects my wife, just knowing about the diagnosis. Can't imagine how much it must be when it actually leads to death :( 

33 minutes ago, Endor said:

On a lighter note I am still alcohol free and clarity is returning to my thoughts and emotions

Keep fighting! I imagine it's tougher when you get dealt bad news like the breast cancer death.

• Like 1

Sorry about your friend, she sounds like a wonderful person and it sucks she passed at such a young age. Make sure it doesn't kill your motivation or alcohol-free situation ;)

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

4 hours ago, Endor said:

The bad news:

I'm sorry about your friend. :( 

4 hours ago, Endor said:

On a lighter note I am still alcohol free and clarity is returning to my thoughts and emotions. Motivation has picked up and I'm actually beginning to feel a little healthy. Eating reasonably well too but not putting any requirements on that beyond no bread is helping me not to stress over it. The goals I've set myself are just right for this month I think.  

Sounds like you're doing well, nice job. :)

• Like 1
On 1/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, Tobbe said:

Sounds like a pretty fun workout. And I like how they tell you how/when to level up :)

It's a very good progressive setup, makes you want to level up. I got to about 85 squats yesterday and wanted to give up then I realized I have to do them all again if I don't do enough to level up! You want to do a little better than last time for each exercise so gradual progress comes naturally :) 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, Tobbe said:

Really sorry to hear that

Thank you, it's rough but I'm starting to accept that I'm coming into an age now (I'm 44) where people around me are susceptible. Adjust your life accordingly whatever that means to you...

On 1/9/2019 at 12:13 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Sorry about your friend, she sounds like a wonderful person and it sucks she passed at such a young age.

Thanks DR, it does suck. Thank you for not shying away from it. 

On 1/9/2019 at 12:37 AM, Jupiter said:

I'm sorry about your friend. :( 

Thank you. 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:45 AM, zenLara said:

Sorry about your friend. She was indeed very young.

Thanks Lara, she was 43, around our age.....pretty scary. For me it's reminded me to let go of fear, treat others with compassion and embrace life. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

There's something very positive about doing something "for yourself" which is how I consider exercise.

Speaking of which, got up early enough today to walk the dog before work :positive:

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Got up early so I could get my stuff done before work. 

- Fourth Angry Birds workout done! 

Prisoner Squats (target 30 in 2 sets) = 20, 10 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 20, 10, 4, 8, 8 (total 40) = 0 ...work to do here!

Pullups (target 10) = 2, 1, 1   

Planks (target 180 secs in 2 sets) = 70 secs, 44 secs, 70 = 180 = **

....then I walked the dog 3km's.

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

12 hours ago, Endor said:

Got up early so I could get my stuff done before work. 

- Fourth Angry Birds workout done! 

Prisoner Squats (target 30 in 2 sets) = 20, 10 = *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 20, 10, 4, 8, 8 (total 40) = 0 ...work to do here!

Pullups (target 10) = 2, 1, 1   

Planks (target 180 secs in 2 sets) = 70 secs, 44 secs, 70 = 180 = **

....then I walked the dog 3km's.

I'm impressed by the pull-ups! I could easily do all the other exercises, but I can't do a single pull up! :) 

I went to my friend's funeral on Friday, a sad occasion but the speeches were focused on remembering the good times and being grateful for the time spent together. Still sad and emotional but I'm glad I went, saw a lot of old friends there and said goodbye. I went to the pub afterwards to chat with people for a while, it was a free bar and several people offered me drinks, I was very tempted but kept to water.

I'm still alochol free, 13 days now and am also still avoiding bread and have not had any other than pizza on 2 occasions. 

I missed a workout Saturday, was too tired after digging in the yard and it was way too hot during the day at 35 degrees. Got it done the next day though. 

Angry Birds yesterday:

Prisoner Squats (target 50 in 2 sets) = 25, 25= *** level up! 

Push ups (target 50 in 2 sets) = 20, 12, 10, 4, 4 (total 50) = 0 ...but improving!

Pullups (target 10) = 3, 2, 1   

Planks (target 180 secs in 2 sets) = 90 secs, 39 secs, 51 secs = 180 = **

Studying is going fairly well, content a bit dry at times but getting through it. 

I'm working on getting my boat back up to scratch at the moment, got someone servicing it and have bought a new fishfinder and a new battery, service being finished tomorrow hopefully. My father in law arrives for a 3 week visit on Thurs so I want it ready to give us something to do!

Made an offer on a Ute this week, got close to buying it but in the end the guy wanted a little bit too much. It was pretty much exactly what I want but the body condition was not good, couple of large dings and the clear coat on the paint was peeling off in places. 

c86av7bi0jpl1sw2uqpfn4ai7.jpg

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

11 hours ago, Endor said:

I missed a workout Saturday, was too tired after digging in the yard and it was way too hot during the day at 35 degrees. Got it done the next day though. 

Digging in the yard sounds like a workout on its own, then you did it the next day anyway. Credit where credit's due, plus staying alcohol free. Keep it up, my friend.

• Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

I'm still alochol free, 13 days now

That's great! Especially with the reception thing! (And again, sorry for your loss :()

Made an offer on a Ute this week, got close to buying it but in the end the guy wanted a little bit too much. It was pretty much exactly what I want but the body condition was not good, couple of large dings and the clear coat on the paint was peeling off in places. 

c86av7bi0jpl1sw2uqpfn4ai7.jpg

That's a cool looking car. With a set of more aggressive tires it would be badass! And you know what I like to think about dings/scratches? Since they're already there, you won't feel as bad when you cause the next one! The first is always the worst :) 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Digging in the yard sounds like a workout on its own, then you did it the next day anyway. Credit where credit's due, plus staying alcohol free. Keep it up, my friend.

Thanks, going pretty well at the moment, definitely starting to get some strength back and the linear progression of the workout is exactly what I need, measurable and obvious progress. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

12 hours ago, Tobbe said:

you know what I like to think about dings/scratches? Since they're already there, you won't feel as bad when you cause the next one! The first is always the worst :) 

True, I also thought that and had that conversation with my wife who thought it was a piece of shit!! 

That's the best photo, the other angles are not so complimentary....it's the tailgate that put me off the most, that's a pretty bad one. I don't really care about them but I'm not going to pay the price of one without the dings when it has them! The bonnet paint fade and roof peeling put me off too. 

bavwdzhq4mq2l2ks3026qu9fa.jpg

ah97s8fuxolahw6hxud3x9lxq.jpg

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Looks like Optimus Prime tried to hump this one too :D

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

I've conveniently forgotten to do my exercise the last few days....need to get back onto it. 

Couldn't resist any longer and weighed in today...

Starting Weight: 98.9

Current Weight: 94.7

Difference since 1 Jan: -4.2kg 

Pretty happy with that :) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Not sure who changed your user title, but I'm liking it as much as I like that weight drop.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

On 1/17/2019 at 11:30 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Not sure who changed your user title, but I'm liking it as much as I like that weight drop.

IDK either, probably @Tanktimus the Encourager I would guess who is also a Transformers fan. 

On 1/18/2019 at 6:56 AM, Big_Show said:

Not sure how I missed your new Battle Log, but I'm here now.

Welcome, great to have you here :) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

10 minutes ago, Endor said:

IDK either, probably @Tanktimus the Encourager I would guess who is also a Transformers fan. 

Welcome, great to have you here :) 

Guilty. I didn't know you had a battle log. I'm in to follow.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath