The Comeback Tour - Redux [Endor}

4 hours ago, Endor said:

so i need to ask if they can not put me in social media stuff

I don't think they will see a problem with that. There's a lot of people concerned about how much of their lives goes online, and I'm sure you won't even need to explain why, if you don't want to.

• Like 2
On 5/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, zenLara said:

I don't think they will see a problem with that. There's a lot of people concerned about how much of their lives goes online, and I'm sure you won't even need to explain why, if you don't want to.

Seconding that. CrossFit especially seems to have fallen victim to social media narcissism, to the point where image overwhelms substance (insert me ranting about Glassman's nerd graphs being better than Castro's ESPN circus act).

No means no.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Had a good 5k run event yesterday, the culmination of 9 weeks of training. I did it in 31:22 which is way better than in training and a lot better than i expected. I think th ed energy and excitement of the day carried me through. I also didn't have a hangover which was a big help!!

Here's a shot from the run....very lucky to live here! cba119410bcac7baed7fbb74d47f2f35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

3 hours ago, Endor said:

Had a good 5k run event yesterday, the culmination of 9 weeks of training. I did it in 31:22 which is way better than in training and a lot better than i expected. I think th ed energy and excitement of the day carried me through. I also didn't have a hangover which was a big help!!

Here's a shot from the run....very lucky to live here! cba119410bcac7baed7fbb74d47f2f35.jpg

No mistaking what city it is with that building as a backdrop :)  Lucky indeed!

• Like 1

That's amazing scenery for a race! Did you enjoy it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

No mistaking what city it is with that building as a backdrop [emoji4]  Lucky indeed!
Yes definitely iconic! Good concerts in there too.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

That's amazing scenery for a race! Did you enjoy it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well it's weird, i did actually, which was quite a surprise. I was able to enjoy it because i knew i had done the work and would be able to finish it so that gave me some confidence.

I'm also hyper competitive so i was determined to beat my colleague (that's him in front of me in the photo).

I haven't done a run since though...

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

We've started to walk 5 or 6k every day for past 3 days and my nutrition has been very good, also going to bed early. Basically looking after my general health as much as possible.

I almost went to the new Crossfit gym but I've decided to simplify my life for a while and not take on too much. Having said that some stuff has happened at work that also been a trigger. I'm not happy about where things are headed so I'm catching up with an old colleague for lunch tomorrow. I've seen a job advertised at his workplace that would suit me so I'm going to ask him about it. I haven't applied or anything yet. I trust him to give me the skinny on the company and I know someone else that works there too, they're both good guys. Would be a big decision but it might be time for a change....

On a brighter note we had a good time on holiday for a few days last week in Port Douglas. Saw the vivid sights in Sydney the night before as well.

2c9b0802af515b114a55ab2c8835398b.jpg779c6b6724b0d097ce02e4c2e1fdb90b.jpgbd61ebd827defc7947b808f37d9a7446.jpgc43d83bc1302ab41ba177a59b56fc26a.jpgb0b61042fc18c24e34ddae24e1b73edd.jpg2f57b5b212470eb9a22560124e780051.jpgf3a42f37d6bad25e95c38b6cb1842a88.jpg0cba316a22ebe9d497e50b758aa9f851.jpg6b7b47ddf7e878c8595b545649c71ee1.jpg

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Oh yeah and the kennels washed my boy and gave him a blow dry, he's like a little bear now so cute :) I really missed him on holidays this time.

0fbd04ffc8a3bb12eb497753e6bd93d3.jpge02069f5532c53b06aa46beabfc747a9.jpg

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Good job recognizing that you are struggling and beginning to ask for help. Bad work environments are awful, they can really suck the life out of you. I hope you can find a better situation.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 6/13/2019 at 10:42 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good job recognizing that you are struggling and beginning to ask for help. Bad work environments are awful, they can really suck the life out of you. I hope you can find a better situation.

Thanks Tank, I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I did end up applying for the job, i haven't interviewed for 11 years so it will be good practice if they call me anyway. My resume hadn't been updated for 5 years either so at least i have it ready now. I may not even move jobs but at least I'm prepared if i get too over it.

I think my boss has picked up on my unhappiness, they've given me a plum new project with some interesting new cutting edge tech to work on. Problem is I'm very loyal and will put up with a lot of shit for a long time but once i decide I'm finally done i find it hard to reverse that feeling. I'm trying to be objective though.

I passed a technical exam on the weekend, will sit another one next week. I have to refresh my certifications every 2 years so it will be good to have them done just in case as well.

I'm walking around 5k every day, eating well - no junk hardly any sugar, no alcohol and going to bed early.

I also signed up for a 10k in mid-sept that includes running over the Sydney harbour bridge, that will be cool. My colleague is joining in again too. He's also doing dry july so i have reciprocated and committed to do that with him as well. 

I got the 5 to 10k app and will start in next couple days.

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I started my 5210k yesterday with the first run from the App, it actually felt pretty good after the initial shock to the system. For the first 5 mins the little man in my head tells me to stop but after that I settle down and get on with it. Feels good to be off the mark and already have the experience of the C25K to draw on.  Running after almost 2 weeks of no drinking and a few kg's lighter made things easier too i think.

Nutrition is going well, I'm not eating any rubbish, although it was Friday yesterday and it's cold here so we had sausage and mash. My wife got some new sausages from a different butcher we hadn't tried before and they were shiiiiiiit. I was very disappointed, so salty (the sausages and me [emoji38]). Once you start eating well if you decide to have something a bit off the plan and it's rubbish it's such a let down! Anyway I won't dwell on it! 

Scales are telling me to keep on doing what I'm doing, 95.2kg yesterday so down about 3kg or so. I'm not monitoring it too closely as I know I have a long way to go but I want to keep an eye on the big numbers, 95, 90, 85, 83 (this is where I stop snoring), sub-80. I really want to lose inches on my waist though so I can fit back in my motorcycle jeans and some other clothes. 

A friend I know loosely through occasional poker games and haven't seen for a long while txt me out of the blue last night. We've never actually hung out together on our own, only at poker games with mutual friends but he's a cool guy and I always felt like it would be good to get to know him better so I'm pleased he's reached out. He's just left his job to start a new business on his own so I'm thinking maybe he wants to talk that through with me but he's also into cars so maybe just that mutual interest. He's got a WRX and I told him (a long while back) I've always wanted one. He offered to drive it over to my place then I'll drive it through the national park to a cafe and we'll get lunch. Looking forward to that [emoji4] I was going to reciprocate with my MX5 but my wife has it on that day, will be a good excuse for another catch up I guess.

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

9 hours ago, Endor said:

I started my 5210k yesterday

Hadn't heard of it before, so I read it as "52 10k", as in 52 10k runs in a year, or one 10k per week for an entire year. I was like "holy f* that's ambitious!". But then I googled and realized it was "5k to 10k", or how to progress from being able to run 5k to being able to run 10k, and was like, "oh, that makes more sense" :D 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Hadn't heard of it before, so I read it as "52 10k", as in 52 10k runs in a year, or one 10k per week for an entire year. I was like "holy f* that's ambitious!". But then I googled and realized it was "5k to 10k", or how to progress from being able to run 5k to being able to run 10k, and was like, "oh, that makes more sense" :D 

Ha! I typed it out several times thinking it might be confusing. But now you have me thinking of a long term goal....

This would be better I guess 5to10k

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 6/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, Endor said:

I won't go into too much detail but I'm having a very rough time at the moment. I'm experiencing some depression and anxiety, which i didn't realise the extent of until i read an article on holiday that resonated exactly with how i have been feeling for a long time. I'm really not in a good headspace. I have finally had the courage to talk with my wife about it and she's helping me but i can see it is going to be a long road. I haven't told anyone else.

Sorry to hear this. 

I'm glad to see that two of your first steps have been to stop alcohol consumption (it is indeed a depressant) and to talk to your wife about what's happening.

Realising that you're dissatisfied with your job is also a good step. My old job was a big stressor, and while I decided to quit I couldn't expect how much rewarding it could be to work in a better environment. And I'm sure you have really good chances to find a place you like, you're a hard worker and you keep yourself updated, and it's quite obvious that you like what you do.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:45 AM, Endor said:

New running shoes!

Halaaaaaaaa! :encouragement:

On 6/22/2019 at 12:34 AM, Endor said:

Once you start eating well if you decide to have something a bit off the plan and it's rubbish it's such a let down!

I hate that too!

• Thanks 1
Sorry to hear this.  I'm glad to see that two of your first steps have been to stop alcohol consumption (it is indeed a depressant) and to talk to your wife about what's happening.

Realising that you're dissatisfied with your job is also a good step. My old job was a big stressor, and while I decided to quit I couldn't expect how much rewarding it could be to work in a better environment. And I'm sure you have really good chances to find a place you like, you're a hard worker and you keep yourself updated, and it's quite obvious that you like what you do.

Thanks Lara, I appreciate your kind words.

I've been going back over some old designs from previous projects to refresh my memory about my resume, there's some good work there that I had forgotten I've done! It's been good to review things to get some confidence back. 

I'm enjoying feeling fresh, getting up early after some good zzz's and my mental sharpness is returning. 

Every day i do some exercise, either a 5 or 6k walk or a run now I have started the 5k to 10k program. 

I don't have high expectations for the job interview, I don't really think it's the right role for me but it will be good to get some interview practice anyway and I will try to keep an open mind. There's some really interesting stuff in the spec that I would like to learn so who knows...

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I/v a bit meh, I'm short on some skills they want and the job appears to have greater focus on some stuff that looked minor in the ad that will be very tedious. There are parts of it that would be very interesting and good for my development but i got the impression it would be a case of here you go new guy have all the shit stuff we can't wait to offload. I'll wait and see if they make an offer but right now I've got reservations. There were also a couple of other red flags in the senior managers behaviour/body language that have given me doubts.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

17 hours ago, Endor said:

I/v a bit meh, I'm short on some skills they want and the job appears to have greater focus on some stuff that looked minor in the ad that will be very tedious. There are parts of it that would be very interesting and good for my development but i got the impression it would be a case of here you go new guy have all the shit stuff we can't wait to offload. I'll wait and see if they make an offer but right now I've got reservations. There were also a couple of other red flags in the senior managers behaviour/body language that have given me doubts.

Well, is a start. You learnt a lot from it, from what you say.

• Thanks 1