The Comeback Tour - Redux [Endor}

My Father in Law arrived on Thurs last week from the UK, he's staying for 3 weeks so I've been busy entertaining him. 

The last 6 days has involved:

- Watching my football (soccer) team finally winning their first match of the season, the curse is broken! 

- Got my boat service finished and took it out for a spin on Saturday morning, running sweet as a nut now. 

- Several meals out with father in law, less than ideal food choices. 

- Bread on 2 occasions

- Still no alcohol, 22 days now.I am missing it, want to go to the pub and have a beer with my mates. 

- Have not done Angry Birds for 8 days, must do it today.... so easy for time to slip past. 

- Went Paddleboarding on Sunday and have done some walks

- Went to look at another ute on Sunday, this one was in good mechanical order but the seats were filthy, must be patient! 

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 1/22/2019 at 6:32 AM, Endor said:

- Still no alcohol, 22 days now. I am missing it, want to go to the pub and have a beer with my mates. 

Can you go to the pub with your friends, but not drink alcohol?

Can you meet your friends in another setting?

Can you have a non-alcoholic beer? (If it's the taste of beer you're missing)

Good for you on staying strong and not drinking! Today I wish I didn't drink yesterday...

• Like 1
On 1/23/2019 at 11:16 PM, Tobbe said:

Can you go to the pub with your friends, but not drink alcohol?

Can you meet your friends in another setting?

Can you have a non-alcoholic beer? (If it's the taste of beer you're missing)

Good for you on staying strong and not drinking! Today I wish I didn't drink yesterday...

Yes

Not really with these particular friends

I could but meh

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I lasted until 26th Jan with no drinking, pretty good. It was Australia Day and I was over it so I had a few beers. 

I'm out of my routine with Father in Law here and other assorted excuses why I'm not exercising and eating rubbish again. 

Today will be a better day...
In Australia that's practically heroic! Bet it tasted good after the wait too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Wow where did Feb disappear to?!

I'll be picking up again next couple of days, in the meantime heres my new Toy...finally got a Ute :)

15a2947fc0da589841755b95f4e3a392.jpg46a38abbecc32f6774e6cbd57bedcc3d.jpg135d794a0ebd9ba3bf1f7cfb578c7274.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

It's like something out of Neighbours in real life!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

On 2/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, Big_Show said:

It's like something out of Neighbours in real life!

Ha ha, I feel like a proper Aussie now ;) Should of called my dog Bouncer! 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:37 AM, Tobbe said:

Ohh, you ended up getting a Hilux! That's great, it's what you really wanted, so good that you got one. Anything else and you would have been disappointed.

That's actually what happened, my friend said exactly that so I decided to go with an older hilux than a newer something else. She's an old girl but in excellent condition and I'm not disappointed so far. Hoping to take it out on an offroad trail next weekend. 

On 2/24/2019 at 2:25 AM, zenLara said:

Congrats on buying your so much desired ute!

How are other things going?

Thank you, it was a long wait but worth saving up for, at least I am not in debt for it and it's what I wanted :) 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I've had a lot going on the past month, some changes in my role at work and a lot of tedious and exhausting family politics. Thankfully the family members are all back overseas now so we can relax again.

A lot of stuff has not gone our wayrecently, including the next door neighbour's sons cutting down all the fruit trees their father planted some 40 years ago. Very disappointing and sad to see a beautiful enormous Mango tree go, it gave us all our privacy, the birds and possums loved it and we had lovely mangoes from it each year. They also cut one of my trees in half, where it was hanging over their side, it looks ridiculous now. I'm really angry with them but nothing I can do. Yesterday we used the ute to go to the garden center and pickup some bags of soil and some fast growing hedging plants, they grow to 3-4 metres but will take 3 years to get that high so we have to put up with less privacy for a while. Need to get another 30 plants as well to do the whole fence, not cheap. I only got 6 to see how they go, don't want to kill heaps of plants with my novice gardening skillz!! 

It is March, Autumn is upon us Down Under, a lovely time of year so I am feeling some optimism.  Planning to do some camping in the Ute and some nice drives in the MX5 over the next couple of months. 

Got a concert to go to next week with some old friends, Death Cab for Cutie, don't know their stuff that well but my friend is a big fan so should be a good night. 

I'm starting back with MyFitness Pal today, still need to drop a lot of weight. I will also get back into exercise today with a walk this evening. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

9 hours ago, Endor said:

the next door neighbour's sons cutting down all the fruit trees their father planted some 40 years ago

This is awful. I don't understand why would he do such thing.

It has reminded me of what happened when my grandfather was too old to take care of his garden, and my father went there and cut down EVERYTHING. I had grown up amongst those wonderful trees and still to this day I haven't forgiven him.

9 hours ago, Endor said:

Planning to do some camping in the Ute

Sounds great!

9 hours ago, Endor said:

I'm starting back with MyFitness Pal today, still need to drop a lot of weight.

Which are your plans?

• Like 1
On 3/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, zenLara said:

This is awful. I don't understand why would he do such thing.

It has reminded me of what happened when my grandfather was too old to take care of his garden, and my father went there and cut down EVERYTHING. I had grown up amongst those wonderful trees and still to this day I haven't forgiven him.

That's terrible. I don't think their father will forgive them, one of the trees they cut down was an avacado tree, it was in a useless awkward corner of the garden which they will never touch. There was no reason at all to cut it down and we used to get lovely little avocados from it. Selfish lazy people who just think of themselves. I would have even considered buying the land from them if I had known they were going to do it.

Yesterday we planted 24 Muraya Paniculata trees down line fence line (picked them up in the new Ute :)), they grow to 3-4 metres at a rate of 1m per year. Hopefully we will have our privacy back in 3 years...

They have dark green leaves and bloom little whiteflowers for most of the year which give off a sweet smell. Should end up looking something like this:

Starr_061105-9623_Murraya_paniculata-e15

They have flowers on them at the moment, we already have little bees visiting to enjoy them :) 

On 3/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, Tobbe said:

If I ever got a 4x4 that's what I would do too! Make sure to take photos and share with us :)  

Will do! I am planning to go to the Watagans National Park which is about an hour's drive from me. You can do things like this there:

135065_23_zps115bb566.jpg

The Ute has turned out to be a good buy I think, doesn't seem to have any issues so far other than the CD player doesn't work!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm away on hols at the moment, beautiful house with a fab pool. Long weekend, needed a break after a 70 hr work week. Back Weds.

53837515c8466b4dbd99624b12e6be55.jpgdd809db326862ac91ceb61bad758d362.jpg55c9051aa8da11228dfe5ac7602de5e6.jpg797e0093ec6f131cddb050b45b801c56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I've been away for a while.. so what have I been up to? Work work work!  Been a very busy time, but I've got a little breathing space this weekend. 

As well as work I've also over the last few weeks been learning some basic soldering and electronics for fun. My Kindle shit itself. So I fixed it [emoji4]  During the process I came across a forum for Kindles, full of awesome stuff so I have bought 3 broken kindles from the classifieds which I am playing with.

Waiting on parts and stuff but it has also led me to research monetizing blogs for passive income: http://incomeschool.com and free vids on their youtube channel).  

In other news, I stumbled upon this tune which I thought [mention=29779]DarK_RaideR[/mention] might like....probably know it already?

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Aye, seen 'em perform it live too. Wasn't the best of times though, Opeth were playing under a blazing summer sun (not exactly fitting for their music style) before Judas Priest came on stage. It was during the Nostradamus era too and having seen them live years ago, the experience was near-traumatizing. Time has not been kind to that band's live performance capabilities.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

6 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Aye, seen 'em perform it live too. Wasn't the best of times though, Opeth were playing under a blazing summer sun (not exactly fitting for their music style) before Judas Priest came on stage. It was during the Nostradamus era too and having seen them live years ago, the experience was near-traumatizing. Time has not been kind to that band's live performance capabilities.

I was sure you would know them, should have guessed you'd seen them live. I'd not heard of them so am enjoying some new metal, although I'v been distracted by the  Hysteria album (thanks Spotify) which I haven't heard for about 20 years and am loving (again). 

P.S. I think i might remember your write-up of that concert? Was it during your time here?

P.P.S bit more glam but I also got introduced to Greta Van Fleet recently, pretty good although a Led Zep rip off.  (i like "black smoke rising")

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

13 minutes ago, Endor said:

I think i might remember your write-up of that concert? Was it during your time here?

Nope, that was a few years before I discovered NF.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4)🕶️s, Cooking (7)🍳Fitness (2)💪💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

Been another busy couple of weeks at work. I started a Couch to 5K yesterday, got a thread going in the PvP area if anyone wants to join in. Hard to believe I'm voluntarily running! 

I've got a couple of posts on my blog, as ever it's hard to find time for the fun things! Aiming for one article a week. I got an electronics book from the library which I'm looking forward to reading as well. Also started reading Game of Thrones, I watched about 4 seasons of the show and gave up on it for being too ridiculous but I'm told the books are much better and am enjoying the first one so far. 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge