The Comeback Tour - Redux [Endor}

Super busy at work at the moment but have been keeping up with the couch to 5K, eating not so great. 

Been busy in my spare time creating the blog, going well and enjoying it but a lot more work than I thought it would be. 

Looking forward to a break over Easter. 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Pictures are lovely. Thank you very much for posting them.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:12 PM, Endor said:

and assured me I would never be able to fix it.

Haha. Challenge accepted.

so I have bought 3 broken kindles from the classifieds which I am playing with

That inspired me to start an electronics blog

On 4/1/2019 at 10:48 PM, Endor said:

Also started reading Game of Thrones,

Because you didn't have enough work.

How do you find the books?

How's couch to 5K going? Which week are you currently working on?

• Like 1
Because you didn't have enough work.

How do you find the books?

lol, sucker for punishment! I find the prospect of making money from a static site exciting so it doesn't feel like work. I'm doing 1 post a week at the moment. It's not really enough but I'm in no rush. I'm enjoying learning the electronics side of it. 

Finding the kindles to repair is the hardest part, so far it's been through the classified ads but I'd like to buy a big batch of broken ones at auction or something.

How's couch to 5K going? Which week are you currently working on?

It's going pretty well, thanks for asking [emoji4]  I just finished week 3 today so I have 6 weeks to go. I've signed up for this 5km fun run on June 2 which is exactly at the end of the C25K. https://www.run2cure.org.au/ I had to pay $49 entry but it goes to a charity that research's cures for children's cancer. I will also try to raise $250 from work colleagues and friends so I have some accountability. 

I hate running.......but I'm starting to like it a bit! The program seems to be well structured and I've done enough training over the years to know that all I have to do is follow a well designed program and my body will react accordingly. Next I need to get the nutrition sorted out but I'm not putting too much pressure on myself at the moment, I have a lot going on so I need to be kind to myself! I'm still drinking too much but I'm determined to run even if I have a hangover and so far I'm good for my word! 

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

35 minutes ago, Endor said:

I'm determined to run even if I have a hangover

Don't do that. It's awful.

When I asked about the books I was refering to the GOT ones, but anyway I enjoyed the answer about the kindles :D Nicely surprised that you're already making some money from your new hobby.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Endor said:

I'm determined to run even if I have a hangover

Paging @Jarric because reasons.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

Don't do that. It's awful.

I've noticed my legs are really sore when I'm dehydrated, like REALLY sore. Probably not the best idea...

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

When I asked about the books I was refering to the GOT ones, but anyway I enjoyed the answer about the kindles :D Nicely surprised that you're already making some money from your new hobby.

Heh, I'm halfway through the first one, it takes me forever to read a book, like 3 months. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 4/22/2019 at 9:45 AM, Endor said:

I'm still drinking too much but I'm determined to run even if I have a hangover and so far I'm good for my word! 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Paging @Jarric because reasons.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:35 PM, Endor said:

Intrigued...

He's paging me because I do (or at least have historically done) a lot of hungover workouts!

Seriously though, I think it's better to sweat it out than sit at home feeling sorry for yourself. Not that it'll be the same quality of run as it would be without the hangover, but showing up always counts.

• Like 3

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

9 hours ago, Jarric said:

Seriously though, I think it's better to sweat it out than sit at home feeling sorry for yourself. Not that it'll be the same quality of run as it would be without the hangover, but showing up always counts.

I'm of the same opinion, it also seems to speed up hangover recovery. I'm about to test this theory out...!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

13 hours ago, Endor said:

I'm of the same opinion, it also seems to speed up hangover recovery. I'm about to test this theory out...!

Well I hope it went well? And I agree, though it's hard to do a comparative test, so whether I actually feel better or just feel less guilty about being hungover is hard to say.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Well I hope it went well? And I agree, though it's hard to do a comparative test, so whether I actually feel better or just feel less guilty about being hungover is hard to say.

It went ok, I definitely feel better after a run. I think there might be some truth to "sweating it out". I usually have more energy afterwards too bizarrely. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm still trucking along, sorry for not so many updates, busy busy at the moment. I am still running (unbelievably) and have completed 4 weeks of the C25K so far. As expected the body is responding even if the spirit is reluctant! 

I weighed in today, I've been avoiding it for a long time. 99kg. I've really let myself go. 

First Paleo day today, did a run. Going to have a squizz at challenge dates, might jump in for the next one. I definitely need some accountability to get my weight down before the 5k on June 2nd, in only 5 weeks time.

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

23 hours ago, Endor said:

I definitely need some accountability to get my weight down before the 5k on June 2nd, in only 5 weeks time.

Just keep running dude; losing weight will help but really if you keep running you'll get better at it either way.

Not that I'd discourage you for jumping into the next challenge, or even starting the current one part-way through. Accountability is always good.

• Thanks 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

On 4/30/2019 at 2:57 PM, Endor said:

Leaving this here for DR, expect you know it already? Came up on a spotify list today and liked it. 

I do indeed already know it, some months ago I was listening to Fozzy on YouTube and after their A7x collab tune played, this came up next. I am no big fan of their style, but this is a bloody good song nonetheless.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

23 hours ago, Jarric said:

Just keep running dude; losing weight will help but really if you keep running you'll get better at it either way.

I did 2 days in a row Tues/Weds to catch up a run I'd fallen behind on, shins are a quite painful but strangely I missed going for a run today, WTF!! I used to be quite a good cross country runner when I was at school (25 yrs ago, yikes!) and my brother ran cross country for the county....maybe it's in the blood after all :lol: 

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

May the Fourth be with you!

Endor+postcard.jpg

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

I'm keeping up with the running and food is improving, at least I'm not eating junk. Still drinking way too much but tonight has been alcohol free.

Work is pretty busy but i managed to find time to install a sub and amp in my ute with the help of a friend. Turned out to be a much bigger job than i expected had to pull the seats out to run the cables. Anyway we got it done.

I've had some bad news, my friend with cancer (he helped me with the ute) has been told it's getting worse. Not sure how long he has left, probably months. We're planning a motorcycle trip in November, riding through Victoria on Harleys. I'm feeling pretty sad about his condition, he's become a really close friend.

Couple of little trips coming up, going to blue mountains again next weekend to visit my friend. Brisbane the week after for work.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I ran 4k today and walked 1k. Closing in on that 5k in 2.5 weeks time!

Trip to Brisbane confirmed for next week. I like it there so don't mind travelling this time.

Been getting chores done too and dug out my old time mgmt book going to read that again when i have time [emoji38]

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Been getting chores done too and dug out my old time mgmt book going to read that again when i have time [emoji38]

Similarly, I have had "How to be a Productivity Ninja" in my reading list for over a year but as yet not got round to starting it...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

I'm still running.... doing the 5k on Sunday, should be ok as i have followed the program pretty well.

Still turning over the odd kindle or kobo here and there.

The big news....I'm taking a serious look at a return to crossfit. Been in touch with the local box, pricing is ok so I'm going in there next week to check it out. Exciting and scary at the same time.

I need a kick up the behind to get my fitness back on track. Its just not been the same since i left crossfit and i think this box would be better suited to my style. Its only a 5 min drive from my place too.

I dug out my old motorcycle gear from the shed. My kevlar lined jeans are a 36 so i have a target to hit before November.... need to be wearing those jeans on my planned Harley tour.....

• Like 5

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

That's good news! When is this happening?

I'm going to visit the box next week and see if i like the facility. I already know the owner, she used to go to my previous box. I got along ok with her.

The thing that has put me off until now is they have a very active social media presence which includes regular photos of members and surprise videos catching people in action. I'm not really into that and i don't really want my old box to know I'm going there either so i need to ask if they can not put me in social media stuff.

Funny how something to promote the business has discouraged me from going for so long.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge