• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Watkinson.DM

Lv. 1 Adventurer with no class

Hi, I'm Stuart!

I'm a high school teacher. I play D&D. I DM for an actual play podcast and run a bunch other games elsewhere too. Favourite authors are Robin Hobb, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, Philip K. Dick, and that list goes on. Favourite films; Conan the Barbarian and Star Wars. 

Main Goal 2019: Lose 20kg

Side Quests: 1. Train four times a week (Currently train at a CrossFit box), 2. Sleep, get 7 to 8 hours sleep every night, 3. Create a morning routine.

That's what I want to focus on for the first 4-week challenge. Getting those 3 side quests complete. 

I guess I should think of what the reward will be? Gold? Renown?

Hit me up if you're a first timer, you like D&D or other nerdy stuff I'm in to.

I want to hear from you!

• Like 6

Well, not a first timer, always wanted to get into D&D but never had anyone that could teach me when I was younger and now, well, same, as well as time constrictions. But anyway, welcome to the rebellion!! Looks like you have a pretty good foundation for your goals, what type of morning routine are you trying to create?

• Like 1

Hey! I'm relatively new to D&D but I really enjoy it. What kind of campaign are you doing for your podcast?

I'm also a huge Pratchett fan =) Do you have any particular favorite book?

You have some solid goals for this challenge! Best of luck, I'll be cheering you on!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RES said:

Well, not a first timer, always wanted to get into D&D but never had anyone that could teach me when I was younger and now, well, same, as well as time constrictions. But anyway, welcome to the rebellion!! Looks like you have a pretty good foundation for your goals, what type of morning routine are you trying to create?

Check out if there is an Adventurers League being run somewhere near you. It's pretty great! Adventurers League is great to get started. They often have beginners tables etc. 

For a morning routine I want to; get up, drink water, walk 10 -15 mins, 10 mins of stretching, and then cook and have a sit-down breakfast. Starting simple for now. Once I have that down I will start to add some things such as; personal study or writing. 

14 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

Hey! I'm relatively new to D&D but I really enjoy it. What kind of campaign are you doing for your podcast?

I'm also a huge Pratchett fan =) Do you have any particular favorite book?

You have some solid goals for this challenge! Best of luck, I'll be cheering you on!

Our campaign is set my homebrew world. I have an overarching story that is my own, but I use and then review adventures made by people in the community. We also have synthwave for our background music, again, sourcing tracks from up and coming artists. We have a heavy influence by 80s and 90s pop culture. Lots of film, tv, and game references. Probably more a comedy than a drama... however, D&D goes where it wants to!

I really like Carpe Jugulum, Anything with Simes is always good. Oh, and the books that focus on Death too!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Watkinson.DM said:

Check out if there is an Adventurers League being run somewhere near you. It's pretty great! Adventurers League is great to get started. They often have beginners tables etc. 

Oh wow, there is...now my only issue is the time to do it once baseball season starts 

22 minutes ago, Watkinson.DM said:

Starting simple for now

Sounds like a good way to start the day.

9 minutes ago, RES said:

Oh wow, there is...now my only issue is the time to do it once baseball season starts 

Get amongst it! I'm sure baseball is good but D&D is the greatest game in the world* :) 

*May express a biased opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Watkinson.DM said:

Get amongst it! I'm sure baseball is good but D&D is the greatest game in the world* :) 

*May express a biased opinion. 

I'm the accountant for a minor league baseball team in Florida...I have no life from April - September :) 

Hi Stuart, I’m a first timer too and while I’ve never played d&d I always wanted to try it.

Your goal looks like a good year one and your plans seem achievable yet effective. If you ever feel like you need any encouragement to acheivr your goals let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

• Like 1

Hello all! 

Quick update. 

I stayed with friends while picking up a puppy, Kevin Bruce Bruce Blackburn Ramsay Watkinson the Badger Warrior of house Ravenclaw, descendent of Eld, and devout Follower of Verd! (See attached photo of Kevin having a crack at podcasting). Needless to say, puppy has changed things a little. But. Have still been walking and stretching every morning.

Once the pupper is a little larger he will be coming on the walks with him. Training him for mountains! 

Also, while staying with friends, discovered my friend has just finished their nutrition degree and is starting a business! So, I will be one of their first long distances clients. I am pretty keen on that!

49949271_10161323012040010_4435731962908377088_o.jpg

• Like 6

On 1/2/2019 at 6:43 AM, Watkinson.DM said:

Oh, and the books that focus on Death too!

I read Hogfather over Christmas Hogswatch and am now reading Reaper Man :)

On 1/7/2019 at 9:03 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I read Hogfather over Christmas Hogswatch and am now reading Reaper Man :)

Oh the Hogfather was great! And Reaper Man is a classic! There's a live action film of the Hogfather which is actually pretty good. 

13 hours ago, The budgie smuggler said:

By the looks of that little fellow, you’ll definitely be keeping fit from looking after him.

Right now he's a asleep  after 20 mins of play. But we're going to train him for hiking! The Little Hunter!

• Like 1

In other news, back to CrossFit this week. ITS HARD after 2 weeks off. 

I think i am going to smash some PBs in my strength this year. I am lifting what I thought was heavy two years ago with ease at the moment. 

I really want to improve my cardio fitness, so working on my bike to get it fixed. AND walking is going to turn into running by about mid year I think. 

• Like 4

Hi, I'm also proud owner of a new puppy. He'll definitely help with the activity levels. I'm frustrated at the moment how little we're actually meant to walk him but once he's a bit older there will be epic walks! I feel slightly embarrassed we only gave our dog one name...

6 minutes ago, Little Miss Camouflage said:

Hi, I'm also proud owner of a new puppy. He'll definitely help with the activity levels. I'm frustrated at the moment how little we're actually meant to walk him but once he's a bit older there will be epic walks! I feel slightly embarrassed we only gave our dog one name...

One is good! What is it?

The big name as really just a bit of pomp for the podcast :)

11 minutes ago, Little Miss Camouflage said:

He's a brown Border Collie called Hamish. This is when we first got him...<cuteness alert>...

He's about twice as big already!

20181125-Hamish puppy 2.jpg

Goodness gracious what an amazing looking pup, I have a weakness for collies. My border collie when I was growing up was black/white with a white nose and white legs. They're some of the most loyal dogs and more intelligent then some humans. I wish i could meet him.

33 minutes ago, Little Miss Camouflage said:

Ha, ha. Yes, he looks quite innocent there. Not plotting mischief at all ;-)

If he's so intelligent how come he ignores the expensive chew toys and always makes a beeline for the kindling for the fire?!

Maybe it's because he's gotten older and he's past his teething phase? Border collies are constant trouble makers too, they always want stimulation and attention from their owners. My border collie years ago got bigger and older too and she liked playing with her toys but one of her favorite past times was digging a hole under the fence and playing and jumping around in the neighbor's back yard. After she was in the neighbor's backyard she would turn around and stare at me and say "why won't you come over and play with me?" while we tried to get her back. I wonder if there is a distinct personality difference between female and male border collies. 

Hi! Newbie here too!  I love AD&D as well as Shadowrun and Rifts.  Played a little Traveller and GURPS back in the day too.  Terry Pratchett rocks - glad to find other fans! I love the Tiffany Aching stories.  We listened to them on audible when my kids were much younger and my son's imaginary friend was a Wee Free Man!  Good luck with your  morning routine, that's something I've yet to accomplish myself.  I'm thinking that may be part of my next challenge - thanks for the inspiration!

17 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Maybe it's because he's gotten older and he's past his teething phase? Border collies are constant trouble makers too, they always want stimulation and attention from their owners. My border collie years ago got bigger and older too and she liked playing with her toys but one of her favorite past times was digging a hole under the fence and playing and jumping around in the neighbor's back yard. After she was in the neighbor's backyard she would turn around and stare at me and say "why won't you come over and play with me?" while we tried to get her back. I wonder if there is a distinct personality difference between female and male border collies. 

Ha, ha! I wasn't being *entirely* serious :-) I've heard I should expect 12 months of him chewing everything and then it calms down. Fingers crossed.

Yes, there's a lot of digging going on now in our garden too. In particular he likes to dig up the mouse holes. So that is fine with me.

I've been told females can be slightly smaller when fully-grown and a wee bit less aggressive, but I would hope he'll be so well-trained this won't be a problem...

In any case, there'll be lots of walking which will hardly seem like exercise, so that's a win for both of us.

Welcome to the Rebellion!! 

tumblr_msdsokMY5z1sdh94jo1_500.gif.2257811e94970268754f1f166e1a818a.gif

The new pup can really make for an interesting morning routine and maybe that'll be a way to create a good setup for yourself. Kevin is very much going to need some early training and that could be good for yourself. I used to have a morning routine with our 14 yr old until just recently but it was something that got me moving in the morning.

D&D has been in my life for decades since AD&D 2nd so I've got stories from the olden times, would definitely like to hear more about the podcast since I've done work with podcasts and working on a new one that is entertainment-society focused. 

Again Welcome and Looking forward to hearing about the Successes!

• Like 2