• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SkyGirl

Dedicate: Yoga with Adriene 30-Day Journey

Hey guys! I have been doing Yoga with Adriene's videos off and on for about a year now and I've always wanted to do one of her 30-day challenges, but I've struggled to commit to showing up every day; so I'm creating this group for anyone who would like to do the Dedicate 2019 challenge along with me!

Adriene posted the Day 0 video this morning; there's no yoga involved, just an introduction to the series and an invitation to set an intention for the month of practice:

I build a spreadsheet where I and anyone who would like to join me can put an "X" to show we did the video. It's totally okay if you miss a day (or a few!); there's no pressure associated with this whatsoever. I'm mostly excited to get back on the mat and start giving my sluggish body some love in 2019.  :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EoPs17QEPikw-SyMMNLT0z4zJfwQFI5-JMe2v7UY5nw/edit?usp=sharing

Hope to see you tomorrow!!

• Like 1

Me me! I'm in. It's actually my main challenge goal this tome around. Letskeep each other motivated! 

I really want to add yoga to my daily life, i know it's exactly what i need fod my spirit and body. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edigo said:

Me me! I'm in. It's actually my main challenge goal this tome around. Letskeep each other motivated! 

I really want to add yoga to my daily life, i know it's exactly what i need fod my spirit and body. 

Fantastic!! I'm so glad to have you on board!  :D  I can't wait for the next video to drop tomorrow!

(Well, okay, it's 2:30AM in my time zone, so actually later today. But you know what I mean.)

12 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Fantastic!! I'm so glad to have you on board!  :D  I can't wait for the next video to drop tomorrow!

(Well, okay, it's 2:30AM in my time zone, so actually later today. But you know what I mean.)

Check that - the video is already up:

I think I'll do this in the morning!!

It's 2AM but I just finished Day 1! Yay!! Not sure if it was the time of day, the fact that I'd been sitting for hours before doing the video, or the fact that I haven't done yoga in quite a while, but this video was tougher than I expected it to be. My shoulders and back were very tight and even basic things like planks were hard. Going to try to do the next one earlier in the day when I'm a bit more flexible.

And Day 2 is posted already:

Did you do Day 1, @Edigo? How did it go?

On 1/1/2019 at 2:08 PM, SkyGirl said:

Hey guys! I have been doing Yoga with Adriene's videos off and on for about a year now

Oh hey, me too. I attempted her 30 day challenge last year and did about half of them. This year it's on my challenge goals to complete. I've set my mat right under my bed so when my alarm goes off in the morning I just flop out of bed and commence flailing. So far I've done all two days! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

Oh hey, me too. I attempted her 30 day challenge last year and did about half of them. This year it's on my challenge goals to complete. I've set my mat right under my bed so when my alarm goes off in the morning I just flop out of bed and commence flailing. So far I've done all two days! 

Good for you!! So far I'm hanging in there too! We can do this!!

16 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Good for you!! So far I'm hanging in there too! We can do this!!

Day 3 complete. All those child's poses were great for my shoulders and quads. But being on the floor reminded me how dusty under my bed was. I choose to ignore this revelation and let the dust bunnies continue to live there undisturbed. 

• Haha 1

Day 3 complete. All those child's poses were great for my shoulders and quads. But being on the floor reminded me how dusty under my bed was. I choose to ignore this revelation and let the dust bunnies continue to live there undisturbed. 

Hey, you're just taking a "live and let live" approach. Adriene would be proud of you.  :D 

How was day 6 for everyone? Zee abs! They burn! 

I'll definitely have to return to this video at the end of the month to see if my ab crunch/breathing pattern has improved. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

How was day 6 for everyone? Zee abs! They burn! 

I'll definitely have to return to this video at the end of the month to see if my ab crunch/breathing pattern has improved. 

Hey Bigm! I missed a couple of days because I had DOMS from my first workout in weeks, but I'm back today! I was going to skip ahead to today's video, but I'm intrigued by the ab video and that's probably the only part of my body that isn't sore.  :D  I'll post with which I decide to do!!

Whew, I did Day 5 and wanted to do Day 6 so I could try to catch up, but my upper body is still very sore and I don't have a full hour's worth of yoga in me today. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and try to get caught up over the rest of the week.  :) 

By the way, Day 5 was excellent! I love flow / vinyasa videos that let me move smoothly from one movement to the next rather than having a lot of pauses - they're harder and leave me feeling rinsed and happy.  :) 

If you enjoyed day 5 you'll like Day 7! It's very flow-y. Standing to lunge, to up dog to down dog to standing again. Was a good relaxing way to wake up this morning :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

If you enjoyed day 5 you'll like Day 7! It's very flow-y. Standing to lunge, to up dog to down dog to standing again. Was a good relaxing way to wake up this morning :)

That sounds fantastic!! Definitely looking forward to it!  :D 

14 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

Aw yeah. Into the double digits now! :)

Way to go!! I'm still behind but I'm determined to catch up! Keep up the good work!  :D 

Did Days 8 and 9 tonight; I wanted to do 10, but it was 11:30PM and I didn't want to keep doing yoga into midnight.  :)  Both of these were intended to be spiritual practices, but I had trouble getting much out of them besides some restfulness and good stretching ... the humble warrior pose toward the end of Day 9 was extremely hard for some reason. I couldn't hold it and had to stand up. My hips and hamstrings are ridiculously tight and inflexible, though, so hopefully that will get easier with practice.  :) 

No idea how I'm going to catch up but I'm not giving up!!

22 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Did Days 8 and 9 tonight; I wanted to do 10, but it was 11:30PM and I didn't want to keep doing yoga into midnight.  :)  Both of these were intended to be spiritual practices, but I had trouble getting much out of them besides some restfulness and good stretching ... the humble warrior pose toward the end of Day 9 was extremely hard for some reason. I couldn't hold it and had to stand up. My hips and hamstrings are ridiculously tight and inflexible, though, so hopefully that will get easier with practice.  :) 

No idea how I'm going to catch up but I'm not giving up!!

Way to double up the yoga! You're doing great. 

Day 8 was weird for me. I do all the sessions right after I wake up and day 8 almost put me back to sleep! Hope the rest of your weekend went well.

16 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

Way to double up the yoga! You're doing great. 

Day 8 was weird for me. I do all the sessions right after I wake up and day 8 almost put me back to sleep! Hope the rest of your weekend went well.

Thanks! I've been doing a lot of other exercise these past few days, so it's been a bit of a challenge to work in yoga when I'm not already exhausted from something else.  :)  Just finished Day 10 and I'm so proud of myself for holding that drinking bird pose! That was a new one for me!!  :D 

You're doing great too! Keep up the consistency - so awesome!!

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Thanks! I've been doing a lot of other exercise these past few days, so it's been a bit of a challenge to work in yoga when I'm not already exhausted from something else.  :)  Just finished Day 10 and I'm so proud of myself for holding that drinking bird pose! That was a new one for me!!  :D 

You're doing great too! Keep up the consistency - so awesome!!

Thanks! There have been a few videos where I've been struggling with one legged balance poses. Day 11 was a real good work out for my ankles and feet. :D 

Now that I hit day 14 is it weird that I'm getting slightly anxious about the end of the daily videos? Like, I've incorporated them nicely into my morning routine, what's going to happen when they stop? Maybe I'll just build a long playlist of videos, or go back and do last years Dedicate session next month. :)

• Like 1

Thanks! There have been a few videos where I've been struggling with one legged balance poses. Day 11 was a real good work out for my ankles and feet. :D

Now that I hit day 14 is it weird that I'm getting slightly anxious about the end of the daily videos? Like, I've incorporated them nicely into my morning routine, what's going to happen when they stop? Maybe I'll just build a long playlist of videos, or go back and do last years Dedicate session next month. :)

Not weird at all! There are at least two other one-month-long challenges you could try next, and lots of individual ones you could use to build your own schedule!

One-legged poses sound challenging - I'm glad to know they're coming up!!  :D 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, SkyGirl said:

Not weird at all! There are at least two other one-month-long challenges you could try next, and lots of individual ones you could use to build your own schedule!

Went and checked and she's got 4 other 30 day challenges so I should be good until summer! Anxiety averted. 

I was rushed to get out the door this morning for a 7am meeting, so I was thankful for a 17 minute yoga video.