Back for another round...

Well, I am re-spawning.  Technically I did this back in November and I'm already down 25lbs from the 350 I returned to after falling off the wagon last time. 

Last time I was doing well and then started "taking liberties" until I eventually injured myself and before I knew it I had fallen off the wagon.

This time, my wife is on board (and actually started before me).  She has dropped 20lbs so far without adjusting her eating - just moving in classes she is taking at the local YMCA.  We have NEVER been in sync when it comes to getting healthy so one of us always scuttles the others efforts (not intentionally).  It's good to be on the same general track.

For me, I started just generally cutting back and making better choices, and then I joined a program (Omada) offered through my employer.  It couples weight and food logging, education, exercise and small steady changes to alter behavior.  So far it's been good.  Overall I've lost about 25lbs in 2 months.  Below is my weight chart from when I started on Omada.  I'm pretty eager to crush it this time.  Having my wife on board is a huge motivator.  I've also got a group from my church for encouragement.

I have been working on cardio primarily to get me moving.  This is mainly on the treadmill and elliptical.  I'm going to be starting stronglifts 5x5 this week.  And (though it is winter now) I purchased a bike because I want to make movement a part of my life.  Biking downtown for groceries/hardware store and general adventuring by bike.  I used to ride 25 years ago and always loved it.  I foolishly gave it up as a thing youth did because they didn't have cars.

When I was hear last time I got a lot of good/useful information, not to mention encouragement.  I'm looking forward to participating again!

image.thumb.png.a47ca875b524eb4b95ab935b372b76d7.png

• Like 2

100lb Weight loss goal:  25lbs as of Jan 1,2019