• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

DarK_RaideR kicks ass, oldschool

On 1/2/2019 at 5:11 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

That means I'm stickin' with the Ranger Corps for the full 6 weeks, baby!

He said "cyber commando."

This made me giggle inappropriately.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Heidi said:

Fixed it:

Fair point.

Challenge Goals and whatnot

Day 8, Monday 14 January

Kick ass: Train Muay Thai at least twice a week

Couldn't attend, as I was off to another therapy session after work. Dude hit the nail on the head, looks like this is going to work out well.

Don't eat like an ass: Log food and water intake on my phone app. Also track weight.

Went 58 calories above limit. 4/8 glasses of water and 82,8 kg still.

Your ass is all over the place: Track chores alongside daily activity and financial transactions on my Bullet Journal

Just updated everything.

Will try to put up another pro wrestling narrative today, in the mean time, rock out to this:

• Like 4

mowE2Ln.jpg

Presents

No Ragrets

[Backstage, Antix and Cali Slick are caught up in a freestyle rap battle]

PFodcsH.jpg

"...shout out to tha East Coast/creators of hip hop/we the ones to keep it real/not turn it into pop"

12RJue4.jpg

"Your b**ch ass thinks you're gangsta/tryin' to bust a rhyme/can't cut in the ring or here/but you just won't stop tryin'..."

Fro Sure struts into the scene

wg9dbTq.jpg

"Hey there, brothers! I thought I caught some grooves in the air alright!"

Fro busts out a funky disco move, causing the other two men to just stare at him in confusion.

BOa4fmg.jpg

"WE ARE LIVE FROM A SOLD-OUT WEST TEXAS COLISEUM, THIS IS WMD NO RAGRETS!"

IjUl26X.jpg

"Broadcasting live from the Lone Star state and home of my announcing partner Duke Hazzard, I'm Jerome Turner and we thank you for joining us tonight!"

Ladies and gentlemen, this next match is set for one fall! Introducing first, from Memphis, Nevada... Tennessee William!

TqXBSjr.jpg

Clad in his usual white Elvis attire, Tennessee William comes out hi-fiving members of the audience on his way to the ring.

Aaaaaand his opponent... from Gainzville, Florida... he is a real doctor with a PhD in BroScience... the Brofessor... Doctor Domazetti!

R2uKQfp.jpg

Dr. Domazetti isn't shy about flexing despite not being overly muscular. Any fan disdain he faces with challenges to "come at me, bro" which is also what he tells Tennessee William once he gets between the ropes.

Singles match

TqXBSjr.jpgGIRKb76.jpgR2uKQfp.jpg

Tennessee William vs Doctor Domazetti

William offers a handshake, but the dastardly doctor turns it into an arm drag to drive WMD's resident Elvis impersonator to the mat while he busts out a few push ups next to him in order to warm up. William uses the opening to put his opponent in a leg lock, punishing him for every time he's skipped leg day. The downside is Domazetti's been taking chest day much more seriously and this allows him to use the power of his upper body in order to crawl towards the ropes and force a break of the hold. Same thing goes for the two locking up once they're back on their feet: Domazetti out-powers his opponent and whips him to the ropes, but gets caught with a dropkick to the face! Stumbling back, the evil doctor never sees a charging Tennessee William coming in to hit him with his finishing faceplant move he calls the Devil's Crossroad, leading to the pin before Domazetti's pre workout ever had a chance to kick in!

[Crunchy guitar riffs]

JTRuGvk.jpg

Instead of Tennessee William's music, it's Ox Mastodon's theme that plays after the final bell and the big man shows up in a foul mood, cutting off the escape route to the backstage area. Despite his best hip gyrations, Tennessee William can't evade the big five hundred pounder and gets nailed in the face with a headbutt, before Mastodon drags him back to the ring for a powerbomb on top of the fallen Doctor Domazetti. Still not satisfied with the destruction he has wrought, Mastodon hops in the air and splashes with his full weight on top of both men he's stacked over each other.

IjUl26X.jpg

"Dear Lord! Someone bring out security! And the medics!"

BOa4fmg.jpg

"Too late for that, JT! Better straight-out call an undertaker!"

IjUl26X.jpg

"Folks, we'll be back soon, I'm getting word we need to cut backstage"

"SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!"

"SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!"

"SHEIK YERBOUTI! SHEIK YERBOUTI!"

lh2JDXB.jpg

Backstage, Sheik Yerbouti is (making a terrible attempt at) singing his own theme song.

W2gfKYR.jpg

Few steps further, Alexis Lee Littlefeather is shaking her butt. More than once, she gets carried away and slides into a Native American tribal dance.

"NO! NOT RAIN DANCE! NO RAIN IN TEXAS!"

sGGVcS7.jpg

"Long" Joanna Silver is also dancing nearby. Much like Littlefeather, her background is hard to write off and years of vigorous pole dancing show in her style.

IjUl26X.jpg

"I have no idea what's going on back there, is this supposed to be a dance off?"

BOa4fmg.jpg

"That Sheik's nuttier than squirrel poop, I tell ya!"

Ladies and gentlemen, this next match is set for one fall! Introducing first, from a beauty salon better than yours... Dermot O'Logical!

XhyJkrD.jpg

Wearing his usual bleach white lab coat and still somehow able to see despite the slices of cucumber covering his eyes, Dermot makes his way to the ring as expressionless as he can in order to not ruin the facial mask he's got going on.

Aaaaaand his opponent... freshly done with a superset on the leg press... Quadzilla!

3onFIXN.jpg

Everyone's favorite fitness freak makes his entrance, pausing every once in a while to do a few air squats.

Singles match

XhyJkrD.jpgGIRKb76.jpg3onFIXN.jpg

Dermot O'Logical vs Quadzilla

As soon as the bell rings, Dermot shows he means business and immediately insults Quadzilla for his mask, saying he put it on to hide the skin on his face he's left unattended ever since he was born! Not one to shy from a challenge, 'zilla responds by taunting his opponent's cucumber eye covers, as opposed to his far superior and badass snake/cat/whatever contact lenses! Things quickly escalate into a back and forth argument about who's got the cooler cape, with Dermot doing a half-spin so his lab coat can float around behind him. Nothing that worries the man with the tear-shaped quads, who does a half-spin of his own in order to let his superhero cape fly. Realizing he's got to pull all the stops to win this, Dermot confidently hits Derek Zoolander's trademark "Blue Steel" pose but alas, the duckface expression at the end causes his facial mask to crack! His ego hurt worse than his wrestling skill, Dermot is easy prey and Quadzilla rolls him up as mustached referee Clarence Garcia starts the count. Dermot panics, not only is his beauty mask ruined, his face is grinding on the mat as well! And he can't even cry, because that will ruin his face even more! There is no way out and on the count of three, Quadzilla wins to a thunderous ovation!

IjUl26X.jpg

"That was... quite the match."

BOa4fmg.jpg

"You mean... quad the match!"

IjUl26X.jpg

"Oh brother..."

[Backstage, Sgt. Bubba Lee West is going Full Metal Jacket]

s7PGp8M.jpg

"Well here`s something you won`t like, Private Silencer! It ain't silent out there! I want you to get in that ring and terminate your opponents with extreme prejudice!"

vFjCjTS.jpg

"SIR, YES SIR!"

s7PGp8M.jpg

"And you there, Private Clarkson... Hell, you ain't even a Private, are you?"

oMUHXu9.jpg

"Uhm... nope"

s7PGp8M.jpg

"YOU'RE GONNA START AND END EVERY SENTENCE WITH 'SIR' WHEN TALKING TO ME! YOU GOT THAT, MEN?"

vFjCjTS.jpgoMUHXu9.jpg

"SIR, YES SIR!"

s7PGp8M.jpg

"GOOD! NOW GO OUT THERE AND MURDERIZE THOSE LUMBERSUNZABITCHES, MARK FOUR STYLE!"

vFjCjTS.jpgoMUHXu9.jpg

"SIR, YES SIR!"

Tag Team match

4m7eJCz.jpgX7hEc0G.jpgGIRKb76.jpgvFjCjTS.jpgoMUHXu9.jpg

The Boys from the Yukon vs The Silencer & Carl Clarkson

After all the insanity and shenanigans so far in the show, the Texas audience goes wild for this old school, straightforward brawl between these four rugged men. Despite Sgt. Bubba Lee West's pre-battle speech (which obviously isn't as effective as those delivered on a regular basis in the NF Ranger Guild Hall) the lumberjack duo knows how to function well as a team and it is most evident during the finish of the match when they hit their Double Chokeslam finisher on Clarkson for the pin, aptly named "Tiiiiiiimber!" so that fans and announcers can scream along while they execute it.

BOa4fmg.jpg

"Tiiiiiiimber!!"

IjUl26X.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen this is chaos, I'm told that another brawl has erupted backstage in the meantime"

iYhJNHr.jpgiJX8Qar.jpg

Indeed, the camera feed cuts to the backstage area where the rowdy Texas Tex is in the middle of a brawl with the much larger 260lb Amish seen during last show. What he lacks in size and power, "double T" makes up for in sheer tenacity until security storms the scene to barely pull the two apart.

Ladies and gentlemen, your main event for the evening, the next match is set for one fall and it is for the WMD Womens title!

CdyEKOP.jpg

Introducing first, 

From the icy steppes of the U.S.S.R. and the cold war training protocols of the KGB, please welcome the red hot nuclear weapon of mass destruction... Agent 69!

Mvd61TY.jpg

Now familiar with the Soviet Spy-cum-wrestler, fans boo the crap out of Agent 69 as she marches to the ring.

Aaaaand her opponent, from the low down of the Motown, she is the sista that's gonna give you a blista, Detroit's foxy lady... Foxxy LaRue!

ccVvelQ.jpg

This time Foxxy is all business, looking focused on her way to the ring instead of dancing and fooling around.

Singles match for the WMD Womens title

CdyEKOP.jpg

Mvd61TY.jpgGIRKb76.jpgccVvelQ.jpg

Agent 69 vs Foxxy LaRue

Unlike their previous clash, this match is way more serious. After all, it is the main event. Not that it is devoid of any comedy elements and the familiar WMD wackiness, but the two women have a chance to show they can wrestle proper when the stakes are high. Agent 69 takes any chance she can get to grab her opponent's afro, whether it is to pull her back up to her feet after a big move or to counter a submission hold and Foxxy only gets madder by it, responding with big strikes and sharp kicks that lead to a pinning predicament. Unable to fight her way out of a tight spot, Agent 69 resorts to using the Soviet Sleeper Spray gadget that's built into the sleeve of her outfit; Foxxy doesn't get the brunt of it, but it's enough to break up the pin. Not as tough as the competitors though, referee Clarence Garcia gets a whiff of the Cold War chemical and requires a moment to pull himself together again. Yup, that's the cue (and excuse) for...

AUbanug.jpg

...Eva Destruction to show up! As if her immense power wasn't enough, Eva also enjoys a 2 on 1 advantage going against Foxxy, who she hits with her Sit-Out Powerbomb finisher before leaving the ring as inconspicuously as a 245lb bodybuilder female can. Agent 69 pounces to cover her fallen opponent and 3 seconds later (okay, slightly longer than that) the match is over. Agent 69 is the WMD Womens champion!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

punishing him for every time he's skipped leg day.

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

freshly done with a superset on the leg press

I see a long term rivalry in the works here :D 

• Like 1

Day 9, Tuesday 15 January

Session 1 is in the books!

Don't eat like an ass: Log food and water intake on my phone app. Also track weight.

A solid 482 calories below limit with 7/8 glasses of water and 82,3 kg. A simple workout seems to be doing wonders for my numbers. SRLF is having work issues and woke (me) up at 4 am in the middle of a panic attack. We talked things through before trying to go back to sleep, but I was feeling a stab at my stomach so I had some cereal to quench it. Logging that on my Wednesday meals though.

Your ass is all over the place: Track chores alongside daily activity and financial transactions on my Bullet Journal

Updated my data before going to bed.

• Like 7

I read Quadzilla as quesadilla, because my brain went straight to TexMex with the Texas locale, so while I was totally wrong in his name I couldn't help but route for him and am glad he won! Woot woot go Quesadilla! Quadzilla!

Ugh 4AM anxiety is the freakin worst - you're a great partner to help talk things through with her at such an awful hour.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Day 10, Wednesday 16 January

Much needed rest day, as the lack of sleep had me aching and shivering.

Essentially skipped dinner by going to bed super early, which has me at  651 calories below limit on a non-workout day. 1/8 glasses of water but no info on the weight. Was all over the place in the morning after a stressful night and forgot to get on the scale.

Everything logged.

• Like 8

Day 11, Thursday 17 January

Still felt some aching across my back, so I decided to play it safe and train on Friday.

Just  61 calories below limit despite delivery for dinner. 4/8 glasses of water and a good score of 81,5kg in the morning.

Forgot to track stuff, but caught up with everything before posting this update. Yay accountability!

In other news, here's an interesting video on Hotline Miami, Farcry:Blood Dragon, Drive (the Ryan Gosling movie) and their effect on the rise/return of 80s inspired synthwave music.

• Like 6

On 1/15/2019 at 6:25 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Quadzilla wins to a thunderous ovation!

BOOM

• Like 3

Day 12, Friday 18 January

Second training completed and had my training buddy tag along as a bonus.

Had 1156 calories to spare at the end of the day. 3/8 glasses of water and 81,8kg when I woke up.

Wrote everything down but forgot to strike out the stuff that got done. Fixed that right before typing out this update.

Day 13, Saturday 19 January

Not on weekends.

Went 415 calories above limit as we had beer and pizza while visiting a friend who's recovering from surgery after crashing his car. Went shopping in a big outlet during the morning, pretty sure I did a lot of walking while there but not counting it as any sort of exercise for the bonus calories. 6/8 glasses of water, plus a morning weigh in of 81,1kg.

Tracked my activities, but still need to sit down with the SRLF and goo through the receipts to catch up with our spending at the outlet. I grabbed myself a new jacket and a sweater, in case you were wondering.

Day 14, Sunday 20 January

Not on weekends.

Rough estimates for dinner got me 449 calories above limit which isn't bad for a D&d (actually Witcher) game night followed by a night out drinking. 3/8 glasses of water and a weight of 81,9kg in the morning.

All done.

• Like 8

Day 15, Monday 21 January

School was closed for repairs, interior re-decorating or something of that ilk.

Ended the day with 152 calories below limit,  6/8 glasses of water and still at a weight of 81,9kg in the morning.

Done, plus sat down with the SRLF and got caught up on logging household expenses for this last week or so.

• Like 6

Day 16, Tuesday 22 January

Training session attended. Coach split the class into three parts, advanced folks got in the ring for freestyle pads, moderately advanced folks were free to work on the punch bags and beginners were taught stance and basic strikes by him. He sent me to the bags, which gave me a minor sense of praise and achievement, to be honest. Also, elbow shots that connect right on the bag's stitching suck.

Guess I did eat like an ass, since despite training, I went 11 calories above limit.  6/8 glasses of water and a minor weight drop to 81,8kg in the morning.

All done.

Day 17, Wednesday 23 January

Rest day.

Made it to 39 calories below limit.  Just 2/8 glasses of water and although I'm pretty sure I got on the scale when I woke up, I was probably too sleepy to punch the number on my app.

Tracked everything this morning.

Apologies for the lack of wrestling narrative, been pretty hectic. I'd need amphetamines to keep up with everything and you know what they say...

ihI7FWW.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Looks like you're keeping your ass in check.

Doing my best against all odds, hence the lack of bigger updates or wrestling narrative.

Day 18, Thursday 24 January

Therapy kept me from being able to train.

Somehow ended the day at 258 calories below limit.  Just 2/8 glasses of water again and 81,4kg.

Updated my info this morning.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Doing my best against all odds, hence the lack of bigger updates or wrestling narrative.

I think I speak for all of us when I say if forced to choose we'd rather see you doing well than see long updates or wrestling narratives.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think I speak for all of us when I say if forced to choose we'd rather see you doing well than see long updates or wrestling narratives.

QFT

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 5:02 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

In other news, here's an interesting video on Hotline Miami, Farcry:Blood Dragon, Drive (the Ryan Gosling movie) and their effect on the rise/return of 80s inspired synthwave music.

This was awesome. I actually listen to synthwave at work lol

MOON and Voyage being some of my favorites.

Hey also I hope your friend is okay after the car accident.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2019 at 1:07 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Iagreewithtank

• Like 3

On 1/26/2019 at 3:07 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Appreciate it. Extra pressure isn't helping, which is why I didn't commit to any specific rate of pumping out wrestling narratives.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:56 AM, Volki said:

This was awesome. I actually listen to synthwave at work lol

I actually discovered the genre when looking up background music for my Shadowrun sessions :D

On 1/26/2019 at 8:56 AM, Volki said:

Hey also I hope your friend is okay after the car accident.

Yeah he's fine, recovering back home. Arm will heal up within a month, knee surgery was a success. They actually needed to get bone marrow from his pelvis to "rebuild" his busted kneecap. It now includes both a screw and a metal plate that will never be removed, he'll need those for his knee to be functional for the rest of his life. Hope the whole ordeal is a lesson learned, he's lucky to have escaped with material damage and that injury alone.

Day 19, Friday 25 January

Promised the SRLF I wouldn't leave her alone with my mom, so I had to skip training in order to be home in time. Silver lining, my mom had to move her flight to Sunday due to bad weather so while I did end the week with just a single training session, at least we got to have a quiet weekend without my mom around.

Went out for dinner to celebrate but the Thai place turned out a bit lame. Ended the day at 5calories below limit and 4/8 glasses of water. Drop to 81,3kg in the morning.

Tracked everything down

Day 20, Saturday 26 January

School's closed on weekends.

I'm okay with a score of 123 calories above limit for a weekend day, especially one that included takeout for lunch and drinking at night. 4/8 glasses of water and a score of 81,6kg.

Updated the day's info on Sunday.

Day 21, Sunday 27 January

School's closed on weekends.

My score of 180 calories below limit should probably be lower as I had some sweet stuff but also did a lot of domestic rangering. 3/8 glasses of water, going up to 81,9kg.

Caught up with the SRLF's logging and our joint finance.

• Like 7

You are still doing shadowrun sessions? Awesome are you playing a similar character to when we tried doing a campaign on here? I miss my little yakuza monkey :p

I am glad your friend is okay. I just walked away from a carcrash a few months ago where my car was completely smashed in half so I know how scary that is.

• Like 1

Nope, that was a few years ago, probably before I joined NF or during my first year around. Usually I'm the GM, save for my first ever Shadowrun game where I played a troll sprawl ganger. He was a true tank, practically immune to damage (troll+bone lacing+dermal armor+armored clothes) and favoring either a sawed-off shotgun, a hellboy-style troll sized revolver that used shotgun shells or various improvised melee weapons. Somewhat socially aware due to some run-ins with human supremacist gangers during his teenage years, doing shadowruns to pay for concert tickets and his mom's medical bills (who was oblivious to him having mutated into a troll, ripping off Sin City's Marv there). Somewhat connected to the local club scene thanks to part-time work as a bouncer, with a penchant for Troll Thrash Metal bands and Dwarven Industrial Synthmetalcore #ShadowrunIsAwesome

1381507614207.jpg

• Like 5

Day 22, Monday 28 January

Had to go out on a semi-business dinner.

A grand 489 calories below limit. Good things those losers wanted to settle for a glass of wine and a cheese platter (which cost more than we'd pay if we ordered a proper dish each, but since I didn't pay, whatever). 2/8 glasses of water and a bump to 82,4kg due to a fleeting case of constipation.

All done.

Day 23, Tuesday 29 January

First one's in the books, gave me a hard time since I hadn't trained for a week but I survived.

This one's pretty easy on workout days, 688 calories below limit, 5/8 glasses of water and 80,8kg for my morning weigh-in.

Up to speed.

In other news, after the collapse of my D&d campaign set in Critical Role's world of Tal Dorei and an attempt to replace it, I've finally put together a group to game on my terms; not doing any favors to anyone, it's my place, my time/date constraints and my story. Which just so happens to be Curse of Strahd, the best 5e D&d campaign to date. Which is a remake/update/expansion of a classic 2nd edition adventure that finally took vampires seriously instead of having them pop up as random creatures to be slain in a faceless dungeon.

Strahd4-600x603.jpg

Creepy gothic castle, check

cbxs0dxw4aejk2k.png?w=640

Dramatic pose villain, check

latest?cb=20170627005008

Oldschool noble vampires that do not glitter in the sun, check

castlevania.jpg

Everyone agreeing this is the vibe/atmosphere we're aiming for, check

• Like 8