• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hey there, it's time for a new challenge! And I've got my Road Map locked and loaded :D Okay, it's not completely ready, but the basic structure is there. 

This first challenge of 2019 I'm going to focus on reducing stress, as to lay a foundation for the rest of the year.

Stress is also one of the four pillars of health, but if you read my Road Map you already new that ;)

This challenge I'm going to build the habit of Meditating. Every morning, after the boys have gone to school OR after brushing my teeth when there is no school I will meditate for at least 5 minutes.

1*DFpQoVTSy9rHUAQzMBuD8w.jpeg

Not that I have an ocean to meditate to, but you get the idea :D 

Just one goal you ask? Well, this is my most important goal this challenge. But off course I will keep up the habits I've already established last year. Which are:

- Intuitive eating

- Strengt training

- Dancing

- Keeping my house clean

Those are not that exciting to me anymore (I mean, that's the idea of a habit, right?).

Let's see if meditation will become a habit that is beneficial to me this challenge!

• Like 6

I think focusing on just one goal is an excellent approach. I just have a hard time choosing so always end up with more. :P  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think focusing on just one goal is an excellent approach. I just have a hard time choosing so always end up with more. :P  

Thanks! 

One thing IE thought me is that I can have things later if it doesn't fit right now. It goes for food and workouts, but also for goals. No need to stress ;)

40 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Smart! 

How did you manage to make the clean house a habit? share your secrets! :P

How to make a clean your house habit, in 10 easy steps:

Step 1: Put your house on the market 

Step 2: Stress clean so everything is ready for interested buyers to view

Step 3: Sell house and trow away all the stuff you don't need anymore 

Step 4: move in with your mother in law until you can move into your new home

Step 5: Give everything a designated place in your new home

Step 6: Realize your home ain't going to clean itself 

Step 7: find a cleaning schedule 

Step 8: stick to cleaning schedule and adjust were needed 

Step 9: Don't stress if life gets in the way of cleaning schedule, just pick up were you are

Step 10: Recruit family members to help you out because the cleaning schedule is too much work when you also have a life

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following.

Hi Tank :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Terah said:

One thing IE thought me is that I can have things later if it doesn't fit right now. It goes for food and workouts, but also for goals. No need to stress ;)

That's a great way of thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Terah said:

Just one goal

Just like Mad Hatter: one goal at a time is a very good way to go. Enjoy the way. :)

Also, I wouldn't have dared to ask but I was damn interested by the clean house habit building, so thanks to @KB Girl and thanks to you for your answer. That's pretty extreme, congrats on keeping it up despite the extra stress.

• Thanks 1

Random info: The other day I told my wife I kind of wanted to dye my hair vibrant blue. At that time I didn't really know where that desire came from. Now I think your avatar might have had something to do with it :) But my wife talked me out of it, reminding me how horrible it looks after a while when you have dyed your hair and you start seeing your regular hair color on the new hair that has grown out... She's such a killjoy with all her logical reasoning :P:D 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Random info: The other day I told my wife I kind of wanted to dye my hair vibrant blue. At that time I didn't really know where that desire came from. Now I think your avatar might have had something to do with it :) But my wife talked me out of it, reminding me how horrible it looks after a while when you have dyed your hair and you start seeing your regular hair color on the new hair that has grown out... She's such a killjoy with all her logical reasoning :P:D 

I have dyed my hair blue. It was temporary dye, and I didn't bleach my hair (it's quite dark). So it only showed when the light was right and it lasted for maybe two weeks, but my gray hairs were gone for that time ;)

3 hours ago, Korranation said:

Following along!

Korra!!!!! 

• Like 1

Nah it doesn't look too bad depending as long as you maintain the colour. With my outgrown hair I've had it about half blue and it looked fine (except for the sad damaged hair) That is until my mum cut my hair this christmas. Just a little bit she said. A few cm she said. 15-20 cm later I've got almost no blue hair left... :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Just a little bit she said.

Looks like she didn't like the blue :p Time for pink perhaps? ;)

Haha she didn't mind the blue, it really was the damaged hair. And the humongous knots it's been causing! I'm fine with it, just a slightly annoying length because I can't quite put it up. 

• Like 1

I LOVE that you are only listing one goal!  I'll probably copy this concept and stop stressing about trying to make my challenge more difficult than need be.

Thank you for that.

15 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

stop stressing about

Which is the whole point of my road map this year :)

Glad to have inspired you! 

• Like 1

I'm so hung over today. I had 2 glasses of Baileys yesterday. I have such a drinking problem :p  Right now I'm at the stage of "I will never drink again". Which probably isn't true :p

For those who don't know: I usually have 1 glass of alcohol a month, if any. After that I will be a bit groggy in the morning,but that's it. This time I think I overdid it by drinking twice as much as usual... 

The first day of the challenge I meditated, the second day I forgot, so I set a reminder in my phone and bought some short guided meditations from the honest guys as motivation. Today I did a meditation again, so the reminder worked :)

The first meditation was awful, I just couldn't get away from the million thoughts floating through my head. But today was a good one. I got sidetracked a few times, but managed to find my way back each time. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Terah said:

I have such a drinking problem :p  Right now I'm at the stage of "I will never drink again". Which probably isn't true :p

For those who don't know: I usually have 1 glass of alcohol a month, if any. After that I will be a bit groggy in the morning,

I can totally related to this! I'm so out of practice! One glas of wine and I start feeling drunk :)  At least it's cheap to get the party started :D 

• Like 2

This challenge is going great :) The boys are back in school, and starting the day with a mediation feels really good.

• Like 5