• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Seabright

Seabright's 2019 Battle Log of Awesomeness

Thur, Feb 7

Eating

• Breakfast - eggs w/veggies and 2.5 turkey sausage patties.
  • Lunch - all good.
  • Dinner - all good.
  • Snacks - apples.

Exercise

• 20 mins yoga - stretching and getting everything moving.
  • 10 min walk around the building. Just the bare minimum.

Taking time

• Nada

Bravery

• On deck: Have to tell someone, 'no,' and find a way to say, 'it's because you're a phony baloney' in a nice way.
  • Update: Did it. She took it gracefully. 

Mando

• 15 mins with the timer.

Notice something beautiful

• Great nice sleep! Thank you, Alka Seltzer Cold and Cough.

Fri - Sun, Feb 8-10

Quick! Snuggle up, everyone. I've only got a few mins to describe the joy and heartache that was my weekend.

Eating

• Breakfast - twice had breakfast sandwiches...with the croissant. 
  • Lunch - all good.
  • Dinner - one evening went berserk with the fish tacos, rice, beans, and tortilla chips. Another dinner involved margaritas.
  • Snacks - whoa. cookie stress eating...in spades. this even involved a special trip to The Buttery for a chocolate dream cookie. Also got a pumpkin cookie, and a heart-shaped gingerbread cookie with chocolate frosting. this was all in reaction to a HIDEOUS meeting on Friday. I need a better strategy to recover from this type of thing.

Exercise

• LOTS of yoga-ing.
  • Did my BWW workout...finally. Friday's became Sunday's. 
  • Hours and hours and hours in the garden, prepping the area for the shed-cum-garden-office in between downpours. Dug and dragged and chopped and transplanted and waded through mud and had my boot sucked off my foot. Ended Sunday evening curled up to a bottle of Advil.

Taking time

• LOTS of time to myself in garden world.

Bravery

• Worked our way through multiple Dad episodes. Did not crack.
  • Horrible meeting with the VP of such-and-such. Bravely kept my sh*t together. Was professional, but stood tall.
  • ATTACKED the back garden where the office is going to go. SEIZED my Kodiak shovel and got 'er done. The only things left are the little bit of hardscape, the stone bench, and a bunch of holes.

Mando

• Nada. 

So many things!

• Lovely sunrise.
  • Snuggly graykins in the morning, purring and tromping.
  • A hummingbird nectaring on the pink-flowering currant while I was moving it.
  • A crowd of little dark-eyed junkos all around me when I paused for a moment in the middle of a transplant. 
  • A hawk swooping out of the neighbor's tree, right over my head, and then into the oak on the other side of the yard.
  • The sight of a half-finished margarita, with another one on the way.

Wait. What day is it again? Oh yeah. Wed, Feb 13.

It's been a remarkably rough few days. Dad stuff got more and more out of hand. Urgent need to get him to the doc involved me BEGGING for an appt, so we wouldn't end up in the emergency room. Specimen bottle purchases at odd hours--thank you, Horsnyder's Pharmacy! Had to get spousal unit in for eye surgery at the same time as having to get dad to the doc, and then had to get dad settled down at the same time as having to pick up spousal unit and start taking care of him. Crankiness escalating to aggression escalating to combativeness escalating to attempted attacks. How to get this person dressed and get a urine sample? At one point, found myself sitting in the front seat of my car, saying,

Don't break. Don't break. Don't break.

As for the rest of it, let the chips fall where they may today. Tomorrow will be better.

Thurs, Feb 14

Gave up and called in for a sick day. Made a list, and thing are looking up.

Hugs and kisses to all my little Rebels!

Eating

• Breakfast - split a gluten-free cookie from last night with the spousal unit. not sure what gluten is, but it must be delicious, 'cause this ol' cookie left something to be desired.
  • Lunch - took spousal unit out to pulled pork sandwiches, a few chips, and herb tea. in a downpour!
  • Dinner - 
  • Snacks - crunchy apple. 

Exercise

• BWW and logged in app. Tuesday became today, but got 'er done.

Taking time

• Wonderful, quiet moments under the overhang in the back yard, watching the rain come down.

Bravery

• Before signing out, wrote that email that I didn't want to write. 

Mando

•  

• Wild ocean surf, with foam blowing off the caps and across the sand.