• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian steals into 2019

Tonight's meal prep: spinach/beans/rice, super easy and I've got lunches for the next few days. It's basically a vehicle for hot sauce. :)

jWs2hOom.png

I'm annoyed that I waited for the exterminator to show up at the house for our regular service call, he didn't show up, and I'm missing karate class right now because I've sat here waiting. Grr. I'll have to hit the gym Thursday or Friday to make up the workout, but karate class has been so fun I hate to miss it.

• Like 1

Wellll shit. Work stuff has come up and I can't take a gym break either today or tomorrow. I'll have to fit an extra kickboxing class in. I think Ms Rogue is planning to go Sunday, so maybe I'll go with her.

Just now, raptron said:

Acgh, sorry the world is conspiring against your workouts!

Well, the first week back from break I felt like I was sort of floating without enough to do -- I now have my service obligations and a number of good projects pretty much locked down for the year (and the library dean emailed me personally to serve on this latest committee, so that's gonna be a yes), but it's playing havoc with my Assassin goals in the meantime. :) STUPID WORK. Well, we call it a challenge for a reason.

Just now, raptron said:

What kind of hot sauce do you use these for? 

I'm not one of those macho dudes who goes for as much heat as possible, but I love hot sauces of all sorts, usually one-offs that I pick up at farmer's markets and stuff that I won't find elsewhere. Classic Tabasco is always a go-to, and lately with this dish I've been using one that we bought at a booth at a craft festival. Medium heat and good and smoky.

• Like 1

Oooh that looks delicious! 

Sorry about the conspiracy against your workouts. Jerk. 

You would make an awesome La Volpe. (You'd make a great Machiavelli too I just really like hoods.) 

tumblr_mkfxllNjaa1r8l821o2_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asa Pond said:

Oooh that looks delicious! 

Sooooo easy. And I can eat it for lunch for a week without getting bored. 

Sorry about the conspiracy against your workouts. Jerk. 

I'm just so mad about missing karate party.

You would make an awesome La Volpe. (You'd make a great Machiavelli too I just really like hoods.) 

I feel so seen.

tumblr_mkfxllNjaa1r8l821o2_500.gif

maybe_it__s_a_form_of_seduction_by_envos

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I'm not one of those macho dudes who goes for as much heat as possible, but I love hot sauces of all sorts, usually one-offs that I pick up at farmer's markets and stuff that I won't find elsewhere. Classic Tabasco is always a go-to, and lately with this dish I've been using one that we bought at a booth at a craft festival. Medium heat and good and smoky.

Nice, nice. I also think going bananas hot is overrated, but am not a big fan of Tabasco. I'll usually do a more local one or stick with Cholula or Tapatio. 

8 minutes ago, raptron said:

Nice, nice. I also think going bananas hot is overrated, but am not a big fan of Tabasco. I'll usually do a more local one or stick with Cholula or Tapatio. 

I grew up on Tabasco (I get my hot sauce love from Dad), so it'll always be a favorite. I think the one I've been going through is Lynn's Hot Sauce, which I purchased from Lynn.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:14 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

but it's playing havoc with my Assassin goals in the meantime. :) STUPID WORK. 

How rude.

5 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

How rude.

I guess speaking of which, let's see how we're doing.

• Salad (1/1)
  • Meal prep (1/1)
  • Workouts (1/3): Frustrating.
  •  Writing (0/1): This afternoon? Tomorrow? 
  • Setting 2019 big goals: still in progress. 
  •  

Guys. Guys. Friends. Assassins.

I've just found this self-portrait of David Bowie at age 49 (my age), and I've decided that it's going to be my life coach this year.

If you're following the deep cuts, you may remember a few months ago I did a best self/worst self challenge that is too complicated to explain here, and I've decided this is a picture of my best most badass self. 

I'll just leave it here to bore its eyes into your soul.

f60SfYem.png

No, *you've* had a cocktail and watched a Bowie concert video

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hell yeah!

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I wish. ;) 

• Like 1

Hey team!

I'm not super proud of this week's performance. I did end up staying up way too late drinking more than is good for me Friday night, despite the fact that I know damn well I always get debilitating hangovers, and so Saturday was a washout and that kept me from hitting my workout goals this week. More than that, it's been a long while since I've had more than three drinks (I rarely drink at all these days, and I always stop at two when I do), and it's a habit that I intentionally killed a while back and I'm not thrilled with myself for backsliding on something I thought was pretty rock solid. Yes, it's one time and I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but it doesn't feel great that I missed a workout goal purely because of a bad decision that was totally under my control.

Good things this week: I ate consistently healthy, am meditating every single day without fail (app says 147 days straight) and I liked how I look in the mirror today on the way into my post-workout shower. I'll tally up goals tomorrow and have a stronger week 4. (Holy shit, week 4?)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Yes, it's one time and I shouldn't beat myself up about it

You said it. :) 

37 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Holy shit, week 4?

Whaat really?!

Nice wins!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2019 at 10:57 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

Longtime fans of this feed will remember lots and lots of talk last year about my promotion application. (We have to turn in the equivalent of a fat three-ring binder worth of stuff, and it takes months to put it all together.) I just got an email from my dean that the committee unanimously recommends me for promotion to Associate Professor. Report ends "The committee applauds Mr. RogueLibrarian's accomplishments and his dedication to librarianship." NAT FUCKIN' 20, FOLKS.

Now the dean approves it and sends it to the provost's office before it's official, but this was by far the big hurdle. Thanks to all of you who kept encouraging me.

YASSSSSSSS AWESOMENESS!!! So glad this went well, yayayayayay congrats!! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You said it. :) 

You know me well enough to know that I'm always going to take an opportunity to pick on myself. :)

Whaat really?!

I think somehow it's week 4 today?

Nice wins!

Thanks buddy.

14 hours ago, traaki said:

YASSSSSSSS AWESOMENESS!!! So glad this went well, yayayayayay congrats!! 

THANK YOU! I'm very pleased.

Okay, last week's tally:

• Salad (1/1): at least 1 salad, maybe 2? I've got them into pretty regular rotation
  • Meal prep (1/1): Yep, and I'm not sure maybe it/s 2/1 on this too, depending on how I count. I'm not sure if I wanted to count at the end of one week for the next week? But whatever, doing fine. :) 
  • Workouts (2/3): As noted. Oh, the frustrating part? That karate class I missed last week waiting for the exterminator? He had already come and gone when I got in and he didn't let me know, so I could have gone.
  • Writing (1/1): Technically yes. I had an idea to crack a sticky plot point yesterday, and did a very small amount of outlining so I wouldn't forget it. Not really any actual word count, but I think I need more outlining right at the moment anyway. I'm counting it since the spirit of this goal this month was just small steps to get the habit moving again.
  • Setting 2019 big goals: Want to add one or two more this week. One would be fine; I can always tweak later in the year.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Workouts (2/3): As noted. Oh, the frustrating part? That karate class I missed last week waiting for the exterminator? He had already come and gone when I got in and he didn't let me know, so I could have gone.

ConventionalCoarseIzuthrush-small.gif

Classy fellow. 

5 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Classy fellow. 

We've been using this service for years and honestly, this never happens. They're usually very good about communication. They're switching to a paperless system and I think he was expecting an email to automatically get sent -- it didn't appear until I complained this morning.

Still, KARATE, man

AWW MAN. Missed karate! Alas.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:42 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

Guys. Guys. Friends. Assassins.

I've just found this self-portrait of David Bowie at age 49 (my age), and I've decided that it's going to be my life coach this year.

If you're following the deep cuts, you may remember a few months ago I did a best self/worst self challenge that is too complicated to explain here, and I've decided this is a picture of my best most badass self. 

I'll just leave it here to bore its eyes into your soul.

f60SfYem.png

I support this whole post and the cocktails involved, even if you don't stand by them. :P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, raptron said:

I support this whole post and the cocktails involved, even if you don't stand by them. :P

I do stand by them (sometimes in vino veritas) and I'm seriously thinking about adding a new Bowie tattoo to my collection this year after seeing this. :) I'm just not thrilled that I didn't stop drinking sooner than I did because it felt like a backslide on a long-squashed bad habit.

So this just happened: There's a minuscule amount of snow forecast overnight, so my university just announced that tomorrow's a snow day. It doesn't look to me like there's actually going to be any significant amount of snow whatsoever. I'm prepared to be wrong, but I get a day off anyway, so I am going to try to get in an extra workout class if exercise party is open, and it'll be a good day to meal prep!

(PS @karinajean: Ms Rogue respectfully offers some skepticism about the phrase "exercise party")

• Like 1