a03QJFbh.jpg

I have been planning on making a battle log for a while now. I have been in and out of the challenges for 3 or 4 years now. I have enjoyed them but I think for now I am done with them. I used to be bigger into lifting and rucking and then shifted into the world of IRONMAN. In 2017/2018 I finished two full IRONMANs struggled through a couple of GORUCK challenges and generally was not too happy with my fitness. This past year(2018) I have kind of been lazy and not focused much on a goal, I did a few sprint triathlons and a GORUCK light. 

For 2019 my new game plan is to hit the triathlon disciplines pretty hard while maintaining rucking and beginning a new linear lifting progression. In general I want to become stronger, fast, quicker, and improve my flexibility. I want to achieve a WOD daily with stretching.

I have always followed a mostly 80/20 healthy eating regiment. I find this is not really good for me, I like to eat healthy during the week and then I would do an 80-100 mile bike ride on Saturday which would be followed by binge eating then usually a night of binge drinking. Sunday would be a "refeed" day. In order to really achieve what I am hoping for I need to follow a 100% healthy eating rule and maybe see it slip into the 99/1 range.

I have a large amount of goal distances and weights I am shooting for. I won't post them until I achieve them. Same goes for other(mental)aspects of my year.

For now I have a GORUCK light scheduled in two weeks, a tough/light in may, and a heavy in September. Tri's are just some sprints and a tune up half IRONMAN in march. I do want to get my "A" race sometime in the late fall for the half distance. I have no intentions of doing a full this year, that is for sure.

I will post some book reviews as I finish them since I have reading goals as well as any other aspects of my hobbies that I feel like(gardening, cars, fishing, etc). 

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

1/1/2019

wJUam9Ih.png

Had a nice run first thing in the morning, man am I rusty. Later in the day swam in the back yard and hit 1k Yards. That was the furthest I have swam in a long time, man was I gassed. 

JxzA2eCh.jpg

Z16QSrTh.jpg

ql6AEoBh.jpg

Being on vacation for the new year I planted some more garden veggies(beans, peas, brussels, carrots, beets and radishes).

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

1/2

H8Im8Frh.png

Easing into things, I did a bike warm up and rowed. Afterwards some squats and OHP at a very low weight.

Lift lbs X reps X sets

Squat 45 X 5 X 2

Squat 65 X 5 X 3

OHP 45 X 5 X 2

OHP 55 X 5 X 3

Afterwards I did my stretching.

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/3

M9vafnjh.png

Spent 11 hours offshore 40 miles fishing. Kind of hard to get a ton of steps or any stairs, but I made a good choice for dinner afterwards and got plain dry rubbed ribs with plain veggies. Usually after fishing all day it is boneless wings, mac and cheese and a burger. However I did crush some leftover lunch meat my parents left from their visit and some cheese.

I really needed to do a run before fishing because my plan to do it afterwards was poor. 

ovQzio6h.jpg

s5UEbzQh.jpg

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/4

VLgNgaCh.png

Got my lifting in lightly

Lift lbs X reps X sets

Bench 45 X 5 X 2

Bench 65 X 5 X 3

Dead 65 X 5 X 1

I also had a morning swim and an afternoon ruck on the beach to test my lower back. It felt great at the time(a little sore the following day).

0Z36ICSh.jpg

some beach friends

bdv8hyQh.jpg

dinner

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/13

9dPqb5ph.png

Took a nice morning bike ride with the wife. I fasted through the whole thing and felt great.

fQV1E3zh.jpg

Later that night we had steaks and my wife made some potatoes/onions/tomatoes. I had salad instead but she took a nice picture of hers.

X2ZzUT9h.jpg

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/14

Dik0nzPh.png

Got up at 5 AM to get a swim in early since we were going out for tacos that evening with friends. I managed my calories ahead of time and had calorie and carb space for 4 small tacos.

ImS2RuXh.jpg

clockwise starting at top left, shrimp, chipotle chicken, el pastor, carnitas

This taco place was amazing, home made blue corn tortillas and a great selection. Next time I have to try the barbacoa and the fish.

• Like 2

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/15

VDmrDErh.png

Woke up and did my 4 miler run first thing since after work I was going to a coworkers to learn how to play the table top miniatures game "Warmachine". Warmachine was fun and we play again in two weeks.

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

1/17

38ML8oqh.png

Thursday was the end of a very demoralizing week of work, we lost 3 team mates and found out our current project may abruptly end. I really like the project and the team mates that left and are still on it. Hopefully it all comes together and we can move forward or regroup on one of our companies new projects. The alternative is all getting placed on seperate projects.

Either way I still have a job and I still get paid as a software engineer so I will survive.

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That’s a lot of elevation for Florida. What fitness app is that?

We were near the highest peak in Florida(not actually high) and rode a bunch, we have a half ironman there mid March and the bike is around 2k elevation. The fitness app is just Garmin Connect.

• Like 1

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES