• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Rules for This Challenge!

Post a reply in this thread with your name and what your three goals are for the next 28 days:

Two or three fitness/diet related goals for these next 28 days.

One goal that is not fitness related, but related to leveling up your life. Whether it's finally setting up a 401k for yourself, launching your own blog, building that swing set for your kids you've been putting off forever, or maybe finally quitting a bad job, PICK something that will make your life or the life of your family better. And then DO IT.

Take a before picture on/around November 15th, and then an after picture on December 13th. YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST THESE PICS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! These are more for you than for anybody else, and you can still win without posting a picture.

And then post as often as you'd like about your success/failures on sticking with your plan over the next 28 days.

We'll be taking all of the people in this thread, and dividing them up into teams based on goals (weight loss, strength and muscle gain, whatever). You can start your challenge today, but it will be a few days before we can get the teams set up.

We did the team process last month and from what I can tell it worked out incredibly well. Its still a learning process, so bear with us!

So, what are your three goals? We'll have teams set up later on this week.

-Steve

To make sure everyone is playing the same game (and to save Spezzy and I some team-building headaches), again, there are a few changes for this Challenge. If you have already posted your intro in the other Nov Challenge thread in Base Camp, you do not have to repost it here. We gotcha!

As Steve said, to make sure stragglers are best placed and teams are balanced, we shall post the Teams in, oh, lets say 2 days. NOV 17.

A CHANGE:

Read Real Life Role-Playing: What is Your Profession http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/05 ... rofession/). Teams will be based on profession/class (you smart-arses). Please, insofar as is possible, stay within Steve’s definitions, so we don’t have to try to decide if “berserkers†belong with warriors or rangers. Races will not be considered during team creation, but please include them in your individual threads during your intro and goals post. You don’t HAVE to pick a race, but giving your teammates an idea of where you’re coming from and what challenges you might face will help them support you more effectively. If you identify with a race that isn’t on my arbitrarily-defined list, feel free to use it. Just explain why so the rest of us won’t go “o_O vorquelf?†(and extra points to Martinpanduh for being the only person to get my reference. You have good taste, man).

Human – kinda average

Elf – tall, skinny

Ogre – tall, big

Dwarf – short, stocky

Gnome – short, thin

ANOTHER CHANGE:

In addition to your 3-4 personal goals, there will be a weekly Bonus Goal posted in this very thread. Extra points (whatever that means) to anyone who does them.

LAST CHANGE:

Stalking for everyone! Post your twitter and/or facebook account (if you want to, or make a separate one for NF if you’re healthily-paranoid), and let your teammates share your triumphs - “Passed up pizza!â€, commiserate with you - “dude keeps doing bicep curls in the cage and making kissy faces at the mirror!â€, and yell at you – “OMG, 7th rouund of shots, nuts ot gym tomorrow!!11 lolzâ€. A list of all the brave souls willing to do so will be posted here to make our stalking more efficient.

Newbie here, late, been doing NaNo so trying to not spend time on forums...

race - Dwarf, short and chubby or perhaps hobbit, I love to eat :-)

goal Ranger or perhaps an upper middle age Lara Croft

Fitness Goals

Finish a full beginner bodyweight circuit 2 days in a row (I keep getting so sore from 1, I give up for the next day)

Finish one basic stretching program 3 times a week for the month (Looking for good ideas for improving flexibility for the not and never have been flexible)

Develop more recipes for lamb shanks, they didn't sell this year so we have LOTS to eat ourselves, at last count we have about 20 sheeps worth....

Life Goals

Finish weaving the rug I started on my big loom and get my tartan fabric sampler warped up and on it

Finally win a NaNoWriMo (tried 4 years, never won yet)

Goal Numbar One: Get my lift numbers back to where they were before I made the transition to the ketogenic diet. Bonus: Improve on old lift numbers.

Target: bench ~260, squat ~430, deadlift ~400.

Goal Numbar Two: Successfully regain the flexibility and agility I had of my teenage years.

Target: head to knees on hamstring stretch, knees to ground on butterfly stretch, split angle of >135 degrees, and the ability to link my hands behind my shoulder blades again.

Goal Numbar Three (the non-physical goal): Secret! I'll poast about it if I succeed.

Wow I'm late on this. Can I still join or is the deadline past? If it's too late than I'll just wait til next month.

I've technically already started cuz I've been cutting for the last two weeks already(and rocking it I might add ;) ) so if I can still join I'll just add the week I've already completed.

Wow I'm late on this. Can I still join or is the deadline past? If it's too late than I'll just wait til next month.

I've technically already started cuz I've been cutting for the last two weeks already(and rocking it I might add ;) ) so if I can still join I'll just add the week I've already completed.

sure, why not. start your own thread and post and lemme know your goals - then i can place you on a team!

Sign in to follow this